• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 0
      Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor nodded, studying Cina a moment before responding. "I do wish to be here. I wish very much to be a part of something larger than myself, something that means more. I..do not wish for the mundane existence of my previous years of life. I've always felt I was meant for more, felt I could DO more, and maybe now I know why." He said, rising, with a smile. His hands begin to move a bit, as he studies the walls a moment, as if he were an archaeologist. "I should probably see about my belongings and see about seeking out a Master? is that the correct form? Or do they already know I am here, and I shall be told where to be next, when I need to be there?"

He was slightly confused now, it was still a bit of a whirlwind after being cramped upon a transport. His eyes taken in his room again, taking a deep breath in and just...being here. Now. A smile crossed his face again, and he turns to face Cina, listening for her response.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 1
      Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
      Cina nodded. "You can use the console in the library to look up the available Masters and send them a letter asking if they are accepting new apprentices. There is also an extensive list of Holo trainings to get you started if someone isn't available yet." She took a step towards him and smiled. "Bezor, you are here. That's what matters. You are already part of something bigger than yourself, simply by being accepted. There is no need to worry overly much about what is to come. Life has a way of unfolding in ways we never imagined."

A knock on the door made her turn to see the courier from the transport pad at the door. "Master Bezor's personals from the ship. I was told to bring them here." The man looked from Cina to Bezor wondering who was going to accept the luggage he had on a small hover pad.

Cina smiled at Bezor and winked. "See... things have a way of happening."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor smiled and nodded, lifting himself up from his seated position. "I will take care of those. Thank you, Sir." he said, trying to be polite, his tone a bit quieter. He moved lightly with both hands outstretched to accept his belongings, as few as they were. He stood a moment, looking upon the man, before somewhat awkwardly turning away to place them upon his bed.

A single book was removed from the bags, and placed on the shelving near his bed.

I will have to trade for some more. Only one survived the trip and the negotiations., he thought with a smile. He turned, remembering he wasn't alone.

"Yes, I will make my way down to the Library. It would probably be best to get started sooner rather than later." The thought clicking within his mind.

Maybe I won't have to bargain.

He smiled to Cina. "I really appreciate you taking time to show me around, Cina. I hope you were not taken from your training overly long today." He paused, studying a moment. "You do have to train every day right? I always..somehow thought...the Jedi were..like an Army.." He shakes his head, shrugging. "I suppose my own knowledge of the Jedi is woefully lacking."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She stepped aside as he took his bags then nodded for the courier that everything was all right. As he departed, she closed the door and watched Bezor go thru his bags. The book on his shelf seemed lonely. She would have to see to that in the future. "Sooner is better. Sometimes the Masters come and go rather quickly. Better to have the missives in than struggle to catch them now and again."

When he asked about training, she shook her head. "You study and practice when the Master who trains you, wants you to. But like now, I have no Master so I train with the holocrons when I can and with other students when we can get together. Don't think of it as a military style training. More like a school with lots of study time. The more practice you put in, the better you get. And the sooner." She reached a hand out to lift one of his bags up off the bed, then set it back down again. He would feel that same warmth that was her flow around him and feel the tug of it on the bag. "And practice comes in many forms." She laughed and looked at him with a slight shrug.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor felt the same sort of feeling from before. This time, not directed at him though. He turned, watching the bag rise and fall. "Did you..?" He pointed and looked back at bag, then back at Cina.

Of course you did., He thought.

He looked between Cina and the bag a few times, before stretching his left hand out.

I..don't suppose it should work only hours later...

Still, he had to try. He..had felt the..aura..or being that was Cina before, felt her..flow. Her warmth. He just needed to do the same. He tilted his head down slightly and his eyes became slits as he stared at the bag. Nothing. It didn't move, just as before.

He sighed, lowering his hand. "Maybe in time. With a proper teacher, yeah?" He said, chuckling a bit to himself, as much to convince himself as the woman in his room. It had to work eventually.

Eventually.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Cina smiled and nodded, "Yeah... no worries. Your teacher will show you how to tap into it. Sometimes there are blocks because of upbringing, or trauma, or merely a misunderstanding of how you get in touch with your aura."

She stepped closer and took his hands. "Bezor, you didn't learn to walk, or read, or defend yourself in a single day, or even a week. Give yourself some time. I'll help you find a good teacher and you will learn it in no time. Just believe in yourself, and your Master, and it will come." She smiled at him and wondered if her coming back to the Temple early was a bit of Fate playing with her. She hadn't been due back for several days. Yet she walked in just in time to meet the new guy. Sometimes Fate and the Force tugged you in ways you never realized till afterwards.

In this case, she was very glad.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor looked at his hands as she grabbed them, then at Cina. He nodded slightly, "I will, Cina." He said, his tone meant to take on a reassuring note. He allows his hands to be freed, feeling a bit flushed, as he retreats a step or two as he rubs his together and then smooths his shirt a moment. "I am sure in time I will be assigned a Master, and begin my journey as I am meant to. Just as everyone who has come before me as, as will any that come after." he says, his smile broadening. "I was lead here, wasn't I?" He laughs, though it dies down quickly with a cough taking his place. "At any rate, I should probably.." He points out the door. "..head..to the Library, you said?"

He takes a quick look at his stuff, at the door, and decides that it likely safe as is.

If you can't trust a Jedi to not steal your belongings, who can you?, he thought wryly.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Cina smiled and bit her lip as he backed up. She knew her touch unnerve some people and absently clasped them in front of her. "We can certainly get you a Master, Bezor." She turned to open the door thinking he had probably had enough of her and her 'witchery' for one day.

"I'll show you to the library then let you be. You are welcome to roam anywhere. Anything off limits is marked, like the Master's Wing and the rooms reserved for potion making. But you will find places like the Council Chambers, several study rooms and the gardens and grounds worthy of note."

She knew he'd been drawn here. But she would simply let him figure it out on his own. When it came to the Force, nothing was by chance.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor smiled, nodding. "Thank you. I think a good stroll would do me good. I've spent a few parsecs cramped. Some fresh air would do me some good." He paused a minute, looking over her posture. Had he offended her? He kept the smile broad, "I could use some assistance finding my way as well. Perhaps you could show me the way?" He walked towards the door, looking to her, her stance, her shoulder set, then back to her eyes.

"How are Masters chosen? Is there some sort of test or are they just assigned? Is there an interview? It seems like something that might be a longer term assignment." he said, quickly as he tried to adjust the subject slightly while looking out the door, at the hallway, then back at Cina. He tugged at his collar, feeling a bit warm as he moved closer to the exit. He very much wanted to convince himself it was simply his body adjusting to the relative humidity of the planet. Though there appeared to be climate controls, he was certain they weren't working properly.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Cina moved into the hall and made sure to give him space. "I don't mind showing you around if you want me to." She waited till he closed his door and smiled. "No worries, no one robs from another around here. The punishments the Masters would impose are severe enough to keep the bad eggs in line, and the good ones wouldn't think of it."

When he asked about the Master hunting, she shrugged. "Well it's more of a pairing. When you find a Master willing to teach you, they help you find your way. There isn't an 'interview' per se. I have never heard of a teacher not teaching a student once they accept them. So that should be a load off your mind. And yes, it is a long term assignment. That's why some of us go thru more than one teacher. Sometimes they are called off planet and we are left without a mentor for a time." She opened a door and they entered the library.

"And there isn't a test, either. Not in the sense you think. They will see what you know, and move from there. Some come here knowing more than others. Some come here barely knowing or understanding the Force at all, only that they want to be Jedi." She pulled out a chair at one of the consoles. "Here, let's see what Masters are available." She showed him how to look up the teachers available and how to put in a request for mentorship.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "I certainly fall into the category of those without much knowledge," He said, chuckling lightly. He was at ease again, his shoulders relaxed slightly and his hands slipped into his pockets as they walked, and eventually arrived at the library. He stood for a moment gaping at the number of books, it would certainly be somewhere he frequented, he thought.

Returning his focus, he followed her to a terminal and sat, reviewing the screen. He looked at Cina, as she was looking at the screen and couldn't keep a half smile from forming at the edge of his mouth.

I even made a friend.. he thought, having not done so in a long time. He turns to the screen, nodding and began to fill out the request, occasionally nodding and saying, "Ok." The words coming out even, his shoulders remained relaxed, as he squinted at the screen. It has been forever since he had typed at a terminal really. Many things were returning to him, slowly, as if he had been in a fog.

Hope. Within him, he realized, it was hope. Answers to his questions, an arrow speeding away pointing out his direction, and surrounded by people like him, who wanted what he wanted. Though he felt within him the stirrings of temptation, such that one was always aware of the option to be awful, he knew within himself, like a wall, he would be unmoved, he wouldn't want that for himself or anyone else. Yes, a shield. A bulwark. That was what he wanted to be. He HOPED he could be. It made him smile brighter, and he sat a little taller, thanking Cina as they completed the request.

Hope.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234