• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 0
      Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor followed Cina as she led the way. "Yes, they are within the spaceport still," He said, eyes moving about to take in everything. "Hello," He says to a pair of passing students, turning to watch them walk past, eyes moving to them and then up to take in the size of the space. There were so many here, he did not really expect it. He had always sort of thought the Jedi a cloistered, monastic order. Here, they seemed to thrive and progress. He continues his turn, now a few steps behind Cina, eyes still moving to take everything in.

Catching up with a light gait, he says, "This is all so immense. This must all be so old too." He says, a bit breathlessly. He looks to each of the areas, catching the eyes of a student, who waves, he smiles and returns the wave.

Somehow, I didn't expect to be so welcomed.

I like it here.

The thought came unbidden, and he had not really considered how he feel when he arrived. He only wished to follow the pull. Allow his strings to be pulled just for awhile to see and feel something new. To awaken his excitement again. He felt it growing.

"Are all Jedi alike in this way? Do they all have the same abilities?" He asks, adding, "I admit to having a rather obscure, and perhaps ancient view of the Jedi from stories...I..." His mouth works wordlessly, as he trails off, eyes catching upon some distant movement in the training arena.

I could make a life here.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 1
      Given: 0

1 Not allowed!
      Cina smiled as they passed folks who welcomed the new member. "The place is old. But it's not the original place of training for the Jedi. There is a temple, elsewhere, that I'm sure you'll hear plenty about. So I won't bore you with details."

As they passed a serving Droid, Cina asked it to go to the space port to retrieve the bags and possessions for Bezer and put them in the foyer sitting room. The small silver and copper colored mechanical servant disappeared on its errand and Cina smiled once more.

"Not every student has the same powers. There are a lot of powers that seem to be standard. Push/pull, levitation, speed, leap/slow fall, a couple others. But then there are ones that vary from apprentice to apprentice. Not everyone learns the barriers and shields, or pain points, or a few others. So while you're training, your Master will help you find the ones the Force wants you to have."

After a glance more in the common room, Cina tapped his arm and leg him down a nearby corridor. "This is the student wing. When it's full, students have to share. But since we aren't, you'll get your own room. There's a couple bathrooms each floor that are shared. Males and females share floors, so just be courteous." She nodded and moved to open a door about hallway down the hall.

Seeing it empty she stood back so he could peer in. "This student graduated recently and moved to the other wing. I figured it would be empty."

The room had a single bed, table with two chairs, chest and small clothing armoire. Other than a set of curtains there was no additional decoration. On the bed was a set of folded sheets, a pillow and two blankets. The young woman let the newcomer look around. "I hope it's ok. Your stuff is safe in here. No one goes into anyone else's room. We all know the punishments we'd get from our Masters is worse than anything we could come up with ourselves."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor looked around the accommodations. "I am positive they will be more than adequate." He says, smiling at the woman, then back at his room. "What's the training really like?" He says, his tone a bit surprised as well that he blurted it out. He turns facing, Cina directly, eyes looking into hers, as though he had the ability to discern anything of real value from just that.

Without TOO many ears, he figured he might actually get an honest answer. He was still a little skeptical, even at that.

"It's just that..I expect, from the way many dress, and act, that it is very..regimented." He says, looking away a moment, gathering his thoughts. A hand reaches up to scratch the back of his head. His cerulean gaze returns to Cina.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Cina leaned on the door and crossed her arms as he looked around. "When you graduate your first trials, you will get a better room in the other wing that includes a small sitting area and a fireplace, in most rooms as well as your own bathroom."

As he asked what the training was really like, she half shrugged. "It depends on your Master. Some demand daily lessons, harsh and precise. Others may teach you a skill, then allow you to develop it on your own a few days to find your own path. Others will show you a myriad of skills then leave off world and expect you to have learned then all precisely by the time they get back." She moved into the room and took a seat at the small table. "My own Master left after teaching me a bit. He hasn't been back, since. So now I learn from the holocrons and I seek out whatever Master I can find when I have a question. I'm not ready for my trials, yet," she winked, hinting it was close, though, "but I am hoping to be before the year is out."

She leaned back and smiled, her eyes locking with his as she thought for a moment. "Here... come sit a minute." She nodded to the other chair at the table. "I can show you a bit of what the Force is if you want. Until you are actually taught a skill and given permission to spar with other students, though, I can't actually teach you how to do anything. But once you can spar and practice, come find me and I'll be happy to help you learn." She waited to see if he was confident enough to join her at the table.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor looked upon the women for a long moment, eyes drifting in and out. "Alright," He said, somewhat casually, trying to belie the bit of anxiety that he now felt. Not being able to perform before the previous Jedi Knight, made him feel..less. He had arrived, and though he still held some level of excitement, it was tepid. His easy manner and light nature, that he often tried very hard to focus on, was dimmed.

This felt different though, as the same time.

I am being offered a chance to learn, I have to take it.

The thought wasn't exactly unbidden, but it surprised him. He felt more willing to learn now than he had for most of his entire adult life. He had enjoyed school, found great value in learning, but also found the need to see and do more than he was given. Maybe this was his path.

He moved easily and took the other seat. "I understand that there are limits on what you can share and some restrictions on how things are taught." He smiled, broadly, "I, too, will welcome the chance in the future to learn more, from you and others." He says, nodding, as much to himself as anyone else.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      China watched him and understood his trepidation. "I can't teach you, but I can show you." She smiled and winked.

When he sat down, she held her hands out, palms up. She looked at him and smiled softly. "It won't hurt...I promise. But it will feel ..," she paused trying to describe it, "different."

When he sat down and placed his hands in hers, she smiled brightly. "Thank you for trusting me, Bezor." She adjusted herself on the chair, rested her arms on the table so they could both relax. "When you have the ability, you can send your aura, the power that you build around you, to touch other creatures and objects. I'm not a Master, so I can't mask it. You'll feel it. But that's the point this time."

Cina concentrated a moment and soon her hands warmed. A moment later that warmth would slowly crawl up his arms and wash over him like a warm wind caressing him. "Many people just sense, but some can see. I see auras in colors. Same with some emotions." She cocked her head slightly and the shine in her eyes brightened a moment. She waited to sense his gut reaction. Her palms were open in case he felt a need to pull away.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor felt a momentary spike of anxiety at the base of the neck, but let it wash away. The silence of the corridor, the low hum of Cina's voice as she spoke gently, he focused on those things. After a moment, he began to feel a warm sensation running up his arms, he blinked, giving his head a shake.

This can't be normal.

He started to open his mouth to speak, but stopped. His mind wanted to apply logic, apply thought towards what he felt, but couldn't. It was so alien to him, but..not. The Warmth crawled up his arms further, reaching for his shoulders, and then enveloping him. A small gasp of air escaped, he had not realized he had been holding.

It was not the warmth he felt, but, something else. He felt...Cina. As though she were placing a third hand upon his palm, then his shoulder, then his cheek. He felt it as clear as any sense he had ever known, but couldn't explain it. It..just was.

"I..don't understand. I.." He started, then shut his mouth.

I don't have to understand.

He took a deep breath, he focused on the silence, the quiet, closing his eyes. The warmth. From within him, he..pushed, back. Pushing his sense of self back towards Cina as though a shore might push a tide could it move. He continued to breath, slowly, in and out. Feeling the flow of what was being shown him.

"This...is your aura? It is..like nothing I have felt before. Like a sense of relief after a hard days work. Placing down a heavy burden after a long walk." He says quietly, his eyes opened, not focused on anything in the room at first, but slowly, focusing upon the person seated across from him.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      He wouldn't realize it unless he looked down, but she wasn't touching him anymore. She smiled and it was a soft smile, one reserved for those with emotion in the relationship. Her voice was soft, calm, soothing. "It's the Force. There isn't really anything else to understand. We Jedi use it to heal, soothe, calm and sense. It can be used for pain and hurt as well. But we only do that if we need to protect someone or something." As his eyes glanced her way, the warmth he felt on his skin would fill his mind.

*There are other things the Force allows us to do as well...* The words were soft, soothing, like a caress on the very thought sense of his mind. Telepathy was the one skill Cina hadn't struggled with like many of her peers. Her regular voice resumed for his ears to hear. "There are many gifts, skills and talents that we can enhance with the gifts we are taught to harness. But remember, always, that what we use to heal with, the Sith use to kill. There aren't two different Forces... there are two different wielders."

Cina sat and watched Bezor think and feel about what she was doing. Slowly she began to pull the warm tendrils back. But instead of cold abandonment, there was a residue of comfort left behind. Like the feeling left when one is embraced by a lover who then steps away.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor allowed himself to feel all that was passing about him. It was...different..from all he had ever known. He had promised himself to try and be more open when he had arrived here, and this seemed, he assumed, a safe place to do so. He had felt so cold, for so long. So lost..

It feels...full...almost overwhelming..

At the feeling of thoughts intruding on his own, his eyes focused, sharply, upon Cina. For a long moment, he listens, his expression tightening a bit. "Who or what oversees this though? As you have just done, you intruded on my thoughts. You..can do other things with this? Unbidden?" He asks, he tries to keep alarm out of his voice, and his tone light, but it is likely still perceptible. "I...understand the Force gives us great ability to do things that others cannot. What stops you, or another, from..just..following the Sith mentality. What little of that I know." He says, offering a bt of a shrug.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      bit her lip, her hands sliding off the table to clasp tightly in her lap as her shoulders drooped a little. "I'm sorry, Bezor. I didn't mean to anger you." She should her head at what she perceived was an accusation. "I didn't intrude on your thoughts. I can't hear then or them. I merely allowed you to hear mine. And I'm sorry."

As he asked what separated them from the Sith, she shook her head slightly once more. "Because we choose to do good with our abilities. There are mind healers who can communicate with those who are gravely wounded and unconscious. We communicate by telepathy when in a situation where speaking might draw attention to us. We use it to send comfort, warning, reassurance." She stood up nervously.

"But you are right. I should have said something. You have a right to report me if you wish. But I'll tell the next Master I see, as well. You have my word. Honest, Bezor, I didn't mean to frighten or upset you." She suddenly felt like the Sith that her new companion was speaking of. She hasn't gotten permission to speak to him like that.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor shakes his head, lifting a hand. "No, please. It is ok. Just unexpected. I am...very much unaware of what Jedi can do. I have only stories to guide me. You are now the second i've been in the presence of, so..forgive me if I seemed overly harsh." His face had relaxed somewhat.

He leaned back against the chair.

So much for going easy... He thought wryly.

"Please, don't consider it an issue. We both have much to learn, I am, hoping, still, to be a student and you are still a student too, right?" He shrugged, leaning against the table, both hands on it, palmed turned halfway up. "Really, we've both just learned something right?" He says, offering a weak smile.

He did seem to have wounded her, though he hadn't really worked out how just yet. He would think on it later.

"Look, thank you for the tour anyway. I really appreciate it." He pauses only a heart beat. "I suppose the next --Master, you called it? --, I speak with will be my teacher, right?" He asked, his tone now returned to normal.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She relaxed a bit and nodded. "Yes... If you don't have one yet, you can use terminals in the common room or library to search for those active and on planet who are accepting students."

Cina was grateful he wasn't upset. Her 'taste' of him with her aura made her tingle. He definitely has Force abilities. And more than just a little. She hadn't meant to get almost 'intimate' with him, but she couldn't help it. Being connected to him that way and felt... right.

"And yes... I'm still a student. But there are rules so we 'don't' become the Sith you speak of. As one student to another I should have asked permission. And for that I am terribly sorry. It won't happen again." She was relaxing again and her eyes meet his as she smiled. "I hope you'll allow me to help you train, when you do get permission."

She wanted to be closer to him in ways people without the Force couldn't. But the feelings scared her a bit. She wasn't one to fall willy-nilly for every pretty face that came to the Manor. But there was something about him... She smiled and was glad he wouldn't report her.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor smiled, rubbing the back of his head before gesturing towards the chair. "Of course, of course. I mean...it would be foolish to turn down someone experienced that wants to help." He gave a little bit of a shrug. "I just..wasn't expecting everyone to be so...helpful. So soon. I have always been a bit outside of most circles, felt..different. It just doesn't feel...like I have to be here. Do you know what I mean?" He said, his smile looking more sheepish now.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Cina smiled and relaxed a bit. "I will help you any way I can once you are cleared by a Master. If I were to usurp that, I could be kicked out. And I hope neither of us want that." She managed to laugh and this time her eyes shone once more.

"As to being friendly, that's the great part about being here. You are family. It doesn't matter what home world you come from or what species you are. Everyone here is a Jedi, and that's what matters most, Bezor." She took a step forward and touched his arm lightly. She didn't let her aura wash over him this time, though he would certainly be aware of it as it was a part of her. "Bezor, you don't have to be here. In fact, you don't have to do anything. If you wish to be here, I will welcome you... we will all welcome you. But I hope you will choose to be here because you wish it. Not because you think you have no other choice."

She smiled at him and slowly let go of him, not wanting to creep him out with her touch any more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast