• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1
      Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
      Renee listened intently as she smiled also. At least she could relate to her teacher and they had the part about being near the same age in common. Both were young although Ashaiya was a Master. Seemed like she could emulate her in many ways. From the woman she saw in her teacher that she had struggled with things like she had. Though she overcame everything to become a Dark Jedi Master. As she listened more intently to what her teacher was saying she nodded as the blue haired Master spoke of someone coming to Munto Codru. She wondered how many of their own had ventured to where the Sith were. Made her wonder indeed. Though shifting her weight again as she kept listening to the story. It was quite cool in her eyes. Renee then heard the last part of it before her teacher paused and grinned. Grinning herself she thought the whole thing was not by chance. As her father before her Renee never left anything to chance. Like father and like daughter.

It was then Ashaiya said who'd brought her there was her own dad. Widening her eyes she then found her mouth had dropped. A surprise to her indeed. She thought it had been the other way around. Then again, her dad was mysterious like that at times. Telling his own daughter half truth. But Jacob did avoid the question of who'd brought him here. She'd talked with her dad after Ashaiya had reunited them here on Ruusan. Her dad didn't say too much about everything. Though in time he just might. But this revelation that her dad was the one who'd brought Ash here surprised her no doubt! Still the shock she finally spoke.

"My dad?" Renee said then shook the thought for a moment, "Though it shouldn't surprise me."

After a few moments she then smiled. Thinking about her dad being the one who brought Ash here made sense. A few moments she was actually proud of him. He'd managed to guide someone to where they are today and he did so before with a few of his students when he was a Jedi. Though her dad seemed to have this odd wisdom about him. Now that her dad was much older he seemed to gain more as time went by. With that she began to laugh and shook her head again. She wasn't laughing at Ash. No, she was laughing because she was glad for the both of them. Looking up at Ash with blue eyes she then grinned.

"Well, honestly, that does sound like my dad. He's got this sort of...wisdom. But then again..." Renee began to joke for a moment, "...he didn't tell you all his dad jokes did he?"

Mistress of Crickets
      The Blue Haired Trickster
      Heart Of The Tempest
      Mood:
      Lonely

Trophies
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 40
      Given: 35

0 Not allowed!
      "Fortunately, no," Ashaiya replied dryly to Renee's question, a hint of amusement in her blue eyed gaze for a moment, "He has helped me a great deal since then and I appreciate all that he has done for me. I was his student for a time but now I find myself actually being stronger with the Force than he is. I still think of him as a mentor and friend though, despite all that."

After that, Ashaiya took a seat once again and beckoned to Renee to do the same. The blue haired Master was happy with how the Initiate had taken to the philosophy and now it was time for them to move on to the practical side of the days lesson. Every Force user had a different set of skills that they were capable of using but there was one skill that everyone could use and that was where they would begin.

"Now that we have covered the philosophy," she then said, her gaze once more focusing on Renee, "It is time for you to reach out to the Force. What I would like you to do is to close your eyes and focus on what you feel inside. I want you to open yourself up to your feelings and allow them to express themselves. You have spent so long having to hide your emotions and now is the time for you to stop. Let it all out Renee. Once you have done that, the Force will respond and seek to create a bond with you. Once this is done, I can show you how to use."

Thanks to Chrysothemis and Judah for the lovely signatures.

Ashaiya's Theme Song

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Renee then nodded as Ashaiya spoke of her dad helping her a great deal. Though now she surpassed him. If she knew her dad well enough even he wouldn't be bothered by that. Didn't seem the case before as one student became better then he was. As Ashaiya had spoken of her past and how she'd come to be on Ruusan along with how her dad had helped her, the young Initiate was content enough for the philosophy and whatnot. There were other things to accomplish and the young woman saw her teacher sit back down on the ground. Walking over and doing the same she sat down upon the surface of the moon. A bit gritty she didn't mind it at all. While listening to Ash speak about opening up to the Force and to let herself experience her emotions instead of hiding them the Initiate then nodded.

Closing her eyes for a moment she then breathed in and concentrated upon something that made her feel angered. The thing that made her angry was how her dad had abandoned her and Junior when they were little. But, she also knew that it was something he had to do. Though she also feared not being good enough to be here. Something that also pushed to the surface of everything she had to hide or never talk about. But Renee also thought of the times she could remember with her dad. Him carrying her around the temple of Yavin VIII which made her chuckle on the inside. Playing with her dad when she was a little girl along with her brother, Jacob, running around trying to chase their dad. It was a swirl of emotions she hadn't either dealt with, nor either experienced them because she didn't allow herself to. For once now she didn't have to hide her feelings or ignore them. All that experience seemed to make something tingle within her. Like someone blowing on the back of her neck. The hairs stood up and to Renee it felt...good. Odd but good at the same time.

As she felt these emotions and kept them from overtaking her, that tingle turned into a tingling of everything in her. A wave of a breeze washed by her. Though she opened her eyes and felt that same breeze again. Not a bit of dust flew up or anything remotely swirled around. It was as if something had rushed by without even a trace. Again she felt it was strange, but it felt good nonetheless. While Renee felt that tingling sensation the wave came over her. Was this the Force she felt? Her emotions kept going as she then let her anger go. The feeling of happiness at one time. It was small things like that she'd felt but at that moment it came rippling back as the Force then flowed around her. Even if in a small degree she could tell it was there. There was an experience back when she was just a toddler that she barely remembered. Sitting in her crib she had wanted to be close to her dad and reached out to him as he walked by. She didn't cry from what she remembered of it, but she remembered floating above her crib. Weightlessness as it were. Then she came back down while Junior was sleeping in the crib next to her. It wasn't something she remembered but only that small moment of it.

That reverberation in the Force rippled again as the wave came washing through her. It's energy pouring into her as she then smiled. This was quite a odd but awesome thing to Renee. With that she let her feelings die down and the wave then went on it's own way. Knowing that it would return if she put her emotions forth again, the Initiate just didn't wanna over work herself and tire before anything really began. As she looked at Ash she laughed for a moment.

"That...was cool!" Renee said.

Mistress of Crickets
      Heart Of The Tempest
      Mood:
      Lonely

Trophies
      Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "The emotions that I felt from you were anything but cool," Ashaiya said with a small smile, "Well done, you have reached out to the Force and it has responded in kind. The bond between you and it has been formed although it will naturally take some time before it will strengthen. Take some time now and again to just open yourself up and let the Force run through you as it did just now. It is an amazing feeling and will help you relax when you feel overly stressed. Call it a kind of meditation if you like. I cannot tell you how many times it has helped me when I have felt upset or stressed." In truth, she was probably guilty of doing it far too often. How many hours had she spent as a Sith doing it? For hours she would just sit there, soothing her unhappiness and loneliness with this method.

"Now that you are able to feel the Force, we can start to explore the various ways in which we can use it," she then explained, "Everyone is naturally gifted in different abilities and there will no doubt be abilities that you are able to use that I cannot. It is strange and I have no scientific answer but I believe that the Force has a will of its own and grants us abilities based on its whims. Do not worry about that too much though, I just have a more spiritual view when it comes to the Force. As I have said already, I think of it more as a living being than just a source of energy. In time, I am sure that you will come up with your own opinion, one that will no doubt differ from mine."

"The one skill that every Force user has in common though is the ability to sense the world around them," Ashaiya continued after a brief pause, "With this skill, not only can you sense danger but also the feelings of those around you. It is an incredibly useful skill and the first skill that everyone learns. I would like for you to close your eyes again and allow the Force to flow through you once more. This time, however, instead of just letting it run amok, I want you to try and take control of it with your will power. Remember that you are in control, not it. Once you are on top of it, I want you to channel the Force in to the area around us. Doing this should allow you to be able to sense everything around us, like a sixth sense. Give it a try and tell me what you can sense."

Ashaiya did not tell Renee this but at that moment, she began to focus inwards, drawing out her own darker feelings. A simple test to see if her new student could sense what she was feeling.

Ashaiya's Theme Song

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Listening to Ash's explanation of how she viewed the Force the young Initiate nodded. In a way it made sense but as her teacher also stated that Renee would have her own views of the Force that'd be different from her own. Smiling at that she nodded as kept on listening intently as Ash explained that there was an ability that everyone learned first besides tapping into the energy of the Force itself. That it allowed one to sense danger and to perceive the world as it was around them. It was an intriguing ability and since Ash had explained how to do it the young woman nodded once more her features taking a more serious look then before. Renee was intent on learning and doing rather then studying out of a book. But, that's how she did things.

When Ash had told her to close her eyes and open herself to the Force that is exactly what she did. The Initiate then closed her blue eyes and opened herself to the Force. Her emotions from before then came to mind as it allowed her to channel it. As she felt the energy and flow of the Force come to her she focused it to her mind and will shaping it more or less in her head then physically. Her perception of the Force allowed her to see everything as a gray color. The foliage here and there on the moon around them was saturated with a gray color which wasn't a bad thing. It's just how she saw what everything was in the Force. Of course it had more color to it then that but to her maybe that's what the neutral side of it was. Just a gray color. Perceiving the world around her she then felt something darker then her own self, and concentrating upon it the woman saw this blackness to her teacher.

Again, that's what she perceived the dark to be. A black color. Not that it was a bad thing, again that's how she had perceived the sides of the Force. She wondered now if she would see the Light Side as a white color. Focusing on the darker side of the Force at this moment as her teacher then focused her darker feelings she could see them to a degree. What she saw of them was that black color. Though there was no danger around her and she opened her eyes still keeping the Force at her will for the moment. The black color still lingered around her teacher even with her eyes open. Though once she let go of the Force for that time everything returned to what it was before she started channeling it.

"It felt odd...but...somehow like being familiar with everything." Renee said after a moment, "It's like I saw everything was gray around me...though seeing you it was...black."

Mistress of Crickets
      Heart Of The Tempest
      Mood:
      Lonely

Trophies
      Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "What you were sensing were my feelings," the blue haired Master replied softly, "As I mentioned previously, with this skill, you can often pick up on emotions that people around you may be hiding. I doubt it would work against those who are skilled in the Force but against people you may walk in to on a daily basis, absolutely."

"Now that you have learned to sense the world around you, we can move on to a slightly different alteration of that ability, known as Sight. With this, not only can you tell whether a user is light or dark when it comes to the Force but you can also measure the strength of your opponent with it. This skill can also allow you to see in the dark or in places where your vision may be clouded. Your eyes can sometimes deceive you and being able to use this skill could well save your life one day. There are abilities that some Force users know which can blind or create an orb of light but with this ability, you can counter that."

With a small sigh, the Master allowed her full power to briefly come to the surface so that Renee could see her aura using sight,

"This skill works similar to Sense but this time, you will be seeing my Force aura rather than my feelings. Usually Light siders come out in blue and Dark siders come out in red. Focus the Force around your eyes and then gaze upon me."

Ashaiya's Theme Song

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Renee then nodded at the explanation that she saw how her teacher was feeling which was quite an interesting thing to the young Initiate, "That's quite an interesting notion. Seeing one's feelings like that was quite something to me. Something I hadn't even experienced as a mere child."

When Ash explained Force Sight she then listened again intently. The ability seemed pretty straightforward to her though at that instance she did have a question. But, when Ash explained that some may use abilities to blind her or there may be a time where she couldn't see with just her eyes that answered it then and there. This ability would indeed be useful at times she mused to herself. But, Renee would use it with caution as she had to guess that revealing oneself with the Force would alert her to Jedi or a Sith if that was the case. Not wanting that she would remain stealthy in such matters. Something the young Initiate would need to do in order to survive. Especially being that the Dark Jedi were rather secretive about everything.

The Initiate nodded and channeled the Force to her. Using her inner strife along with such serene feelings of her days when she was just a little girl with her dad the Force came willingly to the young woman. Letting it's energy flow through her and up to her eyes she then kept them open. As such she then opened herself to it more and more with the moment and willed the Force to show her what the aura of Ash looked like. Slowly in a moment or two it showed her what she wanted to see. A swirl of energy around her as there wasn't anything within the vicinity other then the two Force users. A few plants here and there though their aura was rather white. Symbolizing that it wasn't either Light or Dark. That it was the neutral side or the Living Force as it were. Though Renee didn't know it but that is what some would think of it. Maybe in time she would learn what that meant. She would more then likely ask her dad since he might provide an answer to it. Seeing what her teacher spoke of the aura of the Dark Jedi Master began to show as it was a deep red but not blood red like she figured some Sith would have. On the contrast she knew that a Jedi strong with the Force would be a deep blue color. Though looking with the Force as her guide and ally she then smiled briefly before letting the energy disappear with her thought.

"That was...quite interesting to see." Renee said with a brief chuckle, "Wonder what mine would look like?"

Mistress of Crickets
      Heart Of The Tempest
      Mood:
      Lonely

Trophies
      Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Yours is still pretty much neutral for the moment," Ashaiya answered with a small smile, able to tell that with simply a glance these days, "As your bond with the Force grows, your aura will start turning red as well. It is possible to hide your aura from those around you but that is an ability which you will need to be a Knight for in order to learn."

There was one final skill that Renee was able to learn which revolved around the senses and the blue haired Master briefly pondered about the best way to teach this particular skill. It was slightly different in nature and in truth, it was more of a passive ability than an active one. In the end, the answer came to her and began to summon her own Force powers briefly, she did not tell Renee nor did her expression or tone of voice change. It would seem that she was just acting normally.

"The last ability in this area of the Force is known as Precognition," she continued, "I suppose you could call this one a danger sense of sorts. When you are in trouble, this skill will make you aware of any incoming attacks, allowing you the time to dodge or counter as you need to. Against most foes this will work but against those who are stronger than you with the Force, it might not be quite as effective..."

As she finished speaking, a torrent of water left the river beside them and flew towards Renee. It was not strong enough to do any real damage but would be enough to test the skill.

Ashaiya's Theme Song

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Renee then nodded and then made a face which she was joking of course when Ash mentioned that she couldn't hide her aura until she was a Knight, "Aw what? Nothing fun like that? Such a drag!"

The Initiate then giggled at that and sighed as she then giggled. Though she could understand that with time and practice her own aura would eventually turn more red. But at this time as her teacher stated it was more of a gray or neutral one. With that, the woman nodded to her teacher and then listened intently. As Ash explained that Precognition was an ability which kinda told the future, well, to a degree that is. While her teacher explained the tone which she did was normal and Renee didn't think anything of it at all. The ability was quite interesting to her as the future as her dad called it was changing constantly. You might see one thing and soon after see another. With that being said Renee then let the Force come to her will and swirled it around her being. Knowing what her teacher said about it not being so useful against those more powerful then her with their abilities she could understand. It wouldn't be a failure outright but more difficult then she figured.

Not paying any attention she then noted that Ash had finished speaking though no warning or anything came when the torrent of water then splashed against her and she was drenched. Though another torrent then came and she saw it as the Force alerted her to it's presence. That time she then backed away from the torrent. But, she was still soaked with water from the previous one. Which made her a bit angered that she hadn't seen it coming. Though practice would make things better on all the abilities she'd learned so far, she figured that being as Force sensitive as she was that it would have given her a hint. Nonetheless, Renee then sighed and spit water out of her mouth as the water dripped down her hair.

"Well then...guess I don't need to shower now." Renee said shaking her head.

Mistress of Crickets
      Heart Of The Tempest
      Mood:
      Lonely

Trophies
      Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Well, if you had responded a bit quicker then you might not have got drenched," Ashaiya said dryly, an amused look on her face for a moment, "Well done on dodging the second one though."

In her experience, Ashaiya had learned that sometimes the best way to learn was on the fly. Precognition was one of those skills that required a more lively approach and just explaining the theory behind it would not have been enough. Besides, it was better that Renee had got a drenching rather than would could of happened if she first experienced the skill during combat. The results could have been disastrous. Still, the Initiate had performed well once she had got the hang of it and the blue haired Master was satisfied with her progress.

"Now that you have got to grips with these first three skills, we can now move on to more practical skills. The first one of these is the ability to be able to speak mind to mind with someone or Telepathy as we call it. It is easy enough to do and simply requires you to reach out with the Force and link your mind and mine. Focus on what you want to say and the Force will transfer it to my mind..."

"Like so," she then said, reaching out to Renee's mine with the Force and speaking without moving her lips, "With this skill, you are able to speak to others without saying a word. Useful for when you are on missions."

Ashaiya's Theme Song

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Renee nodded, "True."

Once Ash had went on to the next ability again Renee focused her attention to listen in. As her teacher described it the use of Telepathy seemed straight forward. Though her dad used to do it to both of his kids at one point when they were small. So with that she was quite familiar with the technique. It's just that she'd never used it before until this point. Wondering how she would do it herself as her teacher described it. Pondering how to go about it for a moment as she did her best to connect her mind with Ash as the Master was doing to her. Hearing the voice of her teacher she then smiled. It was pretty cool she had to say. Like having a secret conversation that nobody else would know about. Or at least she could see it that way.

Reaching to Ash's mind with her own she let the Force find it's way to her again and then thought of what she wished to say, Seems pretty cool...did I get it? Can you hear what I am saying?

Mistress of Crickets
      Heart Of The Tempest
      Mood:
      Lonely

Trophies
      Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "I can," Ashaiya replied telepathically, hearing Renee's words inside her mind and responding in kind, "A simple skill but a useful one."

Renee was picking up the skills awfully fast but Ashaiya was not all that surprised. With her father as a Dark Jedi and her brother as a Jedi, it was only natural that she would be a quick study. In truth though, once you had the grasp of using the Force, everything else became easy. It just became a case of channelling the Force in to whatever it was that you wished it to do. All abilities stemmed from that very simple process. It would soon be time to increase the difficulty a little but first, the blue haired Master decided to take a break for a moment or two and give her student a few moments to dwell on what she had learned so far.

"Is using the Force as easy as you thought it would be?" she asked curiously, raising a blue eyebrow, "You seem to be a natural but does it feel like that for you?"

Ashaiya's Theme Song

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Renee smiled as her teacher had heard what she said through the Force. As Ash spoke of it being a simple but useful one she had to agree to herself that it was. It was quite useful and in time she would learn to harness it better then she had already. Which surprisingly she was getting the hang of things. Although her Precognition was a bit off to start as the second wave came she dodged it. Of course with time the Initiate would learn to better use the skill she'd already been taught. Maybe in time she'd be better at using the Precognition and all as she kept practicing them. Which she was bound to do after today. The young Initiate was really gonna work hard to keep learning and better herself for the sake of herself and the Dark Jedi. Being her father's daughter she was quite the quick study as her dad was. Though what she learned before coming here had paid off well. She was quite skilled with the business of everything and in that time she thought that she might open a shop or something. Renee was quite skilled and had a knack for business. Maybe that part was from her mom. She'd made bracelets and stuff and sold them at the Tavern and people seemed to like them. Then again she'd studied that sort of thing and when her mom home schooled her she picked up on things. Her mom remarked that she learned quick like her dad.

It was then that Ash asked if using the Force was as easy as she thought it would be. Pondering that for a moment it seemed to be although she wasn't perfect at using it just yet. With time she would get better at it and channeling it was easier then she figured. She had to find what to use to channel it. After that it was quite simple of a concept to do. Which she then smiled as her teacher asked if it felt like that. In truth it did. Apparently she was much like her dad then she figured she'd be. Wasn't all bad of course. Though she wasn't completely stubborn like her brother and her father. Those who were almost one and the same. Well, given their side of the Force obviously.

"Actually, I did kind of find it easy." Renee said and chuckled, "Guess I am much like my dad then I thought. Maybe things like that come more natural to me and in time I'm sure I'll get better at everything. I'm sure it took time for my dad to be where he is?"

Mistress of Crickets
      Heart Of The Tempest
      Mood:
      Lonely

Trophies
      Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "That is a question that you would have to ask him but I imagine it would of taken him a while," Ashaiya answered with a soft smile, "He was all ready a Knight when I arrived here so I have no idea about just how long he has been a Dark Jedi for. If you continue to grow this quickly then I do not think it will be long before you start climbing the ranks too."

She could feel Renee's Force aura begin to grow already which was certainly a positive sign. It would take a great deal of time and practice in order for the Initiate's to become as strong as either her father's or Ashaiya's own but it was definitely doable. The real question was whether the red headed girl in front of her was prepared to go the distance. There were few among the Dark Jedi who had been able to. Most had either left the Penumbra or found themselves becoming too focused on the nobility side of things and not spending enough time honing their abilities and deepening their bond with the Force. It was not something that Ashaiya could force on the girl though, she either had the drive and patience to put in the hard work or she did not. It was one or the other.

"Do you have any questions before we move on?" the blue haired Master then asked, "I know we are moving pretty quickly through these skills but you do seem to be enjoying the quick pace if I might say so."

Ashaiya's Theme Song

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Renee thought of her dad struggling at times which she was sure he did. There would always be something one struggled at and no one was perfect either. She knew that for certain. Maybe in time she would ask her dad how long it took him to get where he was. In truth she would love to be there someday. Renee wasn't gonna rush anything though and any abilities she learned today she would keep practicing them. The Initiate wasn't at all interested in the noble side of things. Those snarling their noses at her when she walked. Sometime she wondered where she would be in the eyes of the public. It would be something she'd figure out sooner or later.

Then Ashaiya asked if she had any questions to which Renee shook her head. At this point and time she didn't have anything to ask. Seemed pretty straightforward to Renee and she was content with the pace they were going at. Truth be told she was loving how the pace was going. Kept her on her toes which was something she liked. Being a bookworm only got so far and with the Force it was different. Something that made her think on impulse. Though she got splashed by water but after the first time she avoided the second. Still sort of damp from the water splashing against her she shook the water that still remained in her dyed red hair.

"I'm actually liking the pace of things." She spoke honestly, "It keeps me on my toes. Something I've needed to have. Reading too many books and all that doesn't give me that sort of learning. I wanna be out there experiencing things. Being kept on my toes."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast