• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2
      Given: 0

It's a New Day (open to all)

0 Not allowed!
      The Jedi Master had not been to the tavern in some time. It was such a lovely day that she wanted to get out and mingle with her fellow Jedi. There were many new members she had not met and quite a few veteran members that she had not had the opportunity to speak with. She hoped that would change today.

She entered the tavern and sat at a table near the window and gazed out with a small smile on her face.

Making Jedi cool since
      a long time ago in a galaxy
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up
      Received: 39
      Given: 16

0 Not allowed!
      It had been awhile since Caltin had been on planet. There were too many parts of history that kept him away, that and he was busy. Caltin was busy investigating his sudden lack of all feelings, let alone emotions or attachments. He could do that here to an extent but what he wanted to learb needed to take him elsewhere, so when the Master was able, he left. He didn't tell the Council, there wasn't one anymore. He was looking for N'yssa, the Grand Master on his return as he told her. However she was unavailable, but the Master of the Order was available, and sitting right in front of him.

So he went to the bar.

Mind you, Caltin isn't robotic or anything, he is still the same person he was when he left. The issue he is investigating is internal, and it isn't pride that is keeping him from approaching.

As he took a sip of the smoothie that Tom had ready for him, no Caltin wasn't being prideful.

It was the fact that even without any feeling, he had remnants of one around this woman.

She made him feel crazy awkward.

You have power over your mind, not outside events.
      Realize this and you will find strength.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The Jedi Master glanced around the tavern and saw a familiar face. She smiled to fellow Jedi Master Caltin Vanagor. He seemed to be deep in thought though so she went back to tracing the cracks on the table as she found herself thinking about various events and meetings that she has had while in the New Jedi Order.

Making Jedi cool since
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She noticed.

Great.

Not that he didn't want to sit with her, he just didn't want to fall into old habits, and that is exactly what he was doing. So he made his way over.

Mind if I sit with you?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She looked up as she heard his voice, and then smiled once more.

"Certainly. It would be nice to catch up a bit. You and I haven't had the opportunity to visit that much."

The Jedi Master gestured to the seat across from her.

"What galactic adventures have you been up to lately?"

His reputation preceded him and she looked forward to hearing about someone who had been out in the galaxy instead of just here on the Temple grounds all the time.

Making Jedi cool since
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Her question was innocent...

... intuitive...

... and an easy one.

Caltin used to answer this type of question in one of two ways depending on the person asking it. If they were someone he didn't trust, his answer would be succinct and tight lipped, they would probably read whatever they wanted to into it anyway. If the questioner was someone he had no issue is, he may not share details, but he didn't have a problem telling a story.

Now?

With this lack of feeling?

Heh, no real "adventures". Just trying to answer a question that's been in my head since the last time I was on Corellia giving an impromptu trial to Keeva Thymes.

He remembered that day implicitly. The day that he was there to see his daughter, who wasn't there, and she was there to get some data out of the library. They came across four Jedi attacking two Sith, the twist being that the Sith were guilty of nothing more than association and they Jedi (all Padawans) were succumbing to anger and fear. To his credit, Caltin was actually retelling this story, he could have handled the situation, not like some superhero, but because Tessa would have been able to herself if she were there, it was just one of those things. He let Keeva handle this as he stayed in the background as a learning experience for her.

That was the last real "adventure"... everything else has just been a learning quest for personal reasons. I just need to figure out the question that I can't seem to answer.

That question is about the Force, about what it is and how it affects you, depending on the person you are. The question is "Why?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She smiled and nodded.

"Giving trials to our fellow members is a very honorable endeavor. I trust that all went well?"

Her usual drink finally arrived at their table along with some appetizers. She gestured to him that he was welcome to enjoy the fine cuisine that the tavern offered.

"Well you certainly do keep yourself busy though. I have actually been searching for something myself as well. I am relying upon the Force to guide me as to what it is that I am searching for. I am sure I will know it when it presents itself."

The long time Jedi Master's devotion to the Light was well established in the New Jedi Order. From the time she arrived, she had always done her best to protect the galaxy and to ensure that innocents were safe from tyranny and evil.

Making Jedi cool since
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Could have gone better, of course could have gone worse.

He didn't really give details, okay he didn't give any at all. It was all in the report and she no doubt had read the trial of the spirit that Keeva had experienced that day. It was not planned at all, but proved to be an educational experience that he was appreciative of being present for. It really tested Keeva's spirit, and was meant to, having to choose between aggressive Jedi and truly innocent Sith.

Not always by choice, but yes. What may I ask are you searching for? Do you need help? I could use assistance on my own issue.

Caltin asking for help on something? That's a first.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "I am sure that things went well with the trial. About my search, I think it has something to do with my past, my family specifically. When meditating, I have been shown images of where I grew up and then a shadowed figure, but nothing more just yet. I hope to discover what it is I am supposed to be looking for soon."

She took a sip of her drink and then looked back over at him.

"I would be glad to assist in any way that I can. What do you need help with?"

Thumbs Up
      Received: 9
      Given: 7

0 Not allowed!
      At times Jacob came back to Yavin VIII to check on how things were going. He wasn't here as a Dark Jedi, no he was here as the Archbishop of the Church on Ruusan. Walking into the former place he used to call home he was greeted by nods here and there which he waved briefly as he made his way to the bar itself. Tom saw him and then denied that he knew who he was as the former Jedi Knight then sat down and nodded as his bishops flanked either side of him as the trio sat down. Winking at Tom to signal that he was thanking him for pretending not to know him. Although Tom then slid a glass of rum his way as the other two next to him then got a bottle of ale for themselves.

He then glanced around to see if anyone else he knew was here. Again, he wasn't here to spy on them, in fact he was heading for Naboo. He was trying to set up a church there and things were taking their time as the government on Naboo were shuffling their feet as always. Not that he cared about it. It would happen when it happened. All he was doing was stopping here for a bit before leaving to head there. Although Jacob didn't see his son here nor anyone he necessarily knew off the bat. While the two Jedi Masters sat near him further off to his right he didn't pay any mind to them or notice who they were. If they noticed him they'd see where Junior got his looks from.

Tom then tried to again pretend he didn't know him which anyone who knew the barkeep could see through it as he wasn't the type to lie about anything, as far as Jacob knew, "What'cha here for stranger?

"Just passing through on the way to Naboo." Jacob said trying to pretend himself that he didn't know Tom.

"Not a bad place I've heard." Tom said smiling.

"Yeah, quite a beautiful place." Jacob retorted and chuckled.

Hello darkness my old friend... Jacob said to himself as he kept himself calm not letting the Force come to him. Not here. That wasn't what he wanted nor needed to do.