• Sunshine
  • SweetTooth
  • Thinking
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw

Closed Dark calls to dark... Sahra returns (Tag Dara)

0 Not allowed!
      She had been granted permission to make her yearly rounds of her holdings. The word sounded foreign to her ears, but Jack and others in the Order had assured her that the assets she had acquired in her life before joining the Sith were just that. They would see to her comforts, transportation, and later would give her the funds and connections all high level Sith needed for their futures to be prosperous.

Setting her bags down in the rooms she had shared with Jack upon her departure, she knew the first place she should report to. Jack hadn't returned any comm calls in a while, and she guessed he was out on a mission for the Order, somewhere. She hoped he would be back soon. She wasn't strong enough yet for their bond to feel beyond the range of the planet, yet, and the absence of the feel of him with her had been hard to get used to.

Shaking her head and letting her short black hair bob around her shoulders, she put that behind her. While it was nice to have that connection to Jack, she was bound and determined not to allow it to become a hindrance or a crutch. She had plans to become a Master someday. Nothing was going to keep her from that goal. Stopping one of the servants to ask her Master's whereabouts were, she then turned and headed in the given direction.

Coming around the corner of the wing where the Council kept their rooms, she moved to the door that had become a welcome sight to her before she left. Raising her hand to knock, she called through the door with enough voice to be heard, but not enough to wake the occupant should she be sleeping. It was late midday, nearly time for dinner, but not knowing what had transpired in her absence, she was making no obvious calls to whether her Master would be awake or not.

"It's Apprentice Pritath, Ma'am." She called. Chances were her presence had been known long before now, but she also knew that whether it was or not, protocol called for her announcing herself.

SWRPG Administrator/Owner
      The Sith Empire Council Member
      Mood:
      Cheerful

Thumbs Up
      Received: 110
      Given: 18

0 Not allowed!
      The Sith Master gave a small gesture with the extended fingertips of her right hand and the door opened with a noticeable ominous creak. The inside of the dwelling was dim as the flickering of candles danced all around the room. A voice broke the silence as a candle brightened eerily next to the Sith Master's seat to reveal her presence.

"Greetings Apprentice Pritath. I have been expecting you. Have a seat and tell me more about yourself and your future plans."

Sith Master Shadowtide sipped from an old goblet as a serving droid approached her apprentice and offered several types of beverages.

0 Not allowed!
      Sarah moved to the offered seat and took one of the drinks. It was a fruit drink with a hint of something else. She wasn't sure, but one sip told her it was sweet. Setting the glass on the edge of the nearest table, she glanced at the woman who had accepted her. "Thank you, Master. The story of me is fairly short. I was once an independent black widow or sorts. Men would give me gifts, and when I had gotten all I desired, they met their demise at my knife point. And now I am comfortable enough with my holdings to move from that life to this one."

Her eyes glinted slightly in mirth, "I assure you they died with smiles on their lips, though." It was hard to grimace when your sexual peak was reached at the same time a piece of steel was slid between your ribs. "But I knew there was more out there. I was lucky enough to be accepted here and Lord Jack has been kind enough to teach me." Her gaining Jack as a mentor had been one of the better things to happen to her in the last few yrs.

"We have grown a Force Bond between us as well. While we are able to feel one another's presence on the planet within several miles of one another, we have not yet stretched it further. Our hopes is to make is a true Force bond with no limit of range or knowledge. To that end we are striving constantly. But along with the bond and closeness," she glanced out the window a moment then back at the woman as a look of seriousness filled her eyes. "Along with that closeness comes a fear he will hold me back so he can progress and maintain his position as mentor as well as lover. I am not willing to wait."

Her eyes grew more serious as she continued. "I know I have it in me to become more than I am. And that is my desire. To gather the knowledge and skills to become more. More powerful, more knowledgable, and more of an asset to the Sith. Perhaps, one day, to take a seat on the Council." There was a desire in her eyes that flicked in the light of the room. "I wish to not be held back by anything... or anyone."

While a part of her wanted to grow powerful to become someone worthy of being a Force Bound companion to a Sith, she wanted the power for herself even more. She had learned, long ago, that anything done 'because of' or 'for' a man wasn't worth it if she didn't come out on the better end of the deal.

Mood:
      Cheerful

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The Sith Master nodded as the Sith Apprentice spoke. Dara saw a drive and eagnerness to ascend in the Dark Side in Sahra, and that would serve the Empire well in the future. The ranks needed to continue to be filled with loyal warriors of the Dark Side that were always ready, and always waiting.

"Your determination will serve you well, my apprentice. Walking the path of the Dark Side takes strength and devotion to its art. Careful study of each skill is necessary. Then, at last the power will reveal itself to you and you will be amazed at what you will have available at your fingertips. But for now, we must focus on what skills you are proficient in and what you wish to learn next. This will assist me in planning out your course of study in the Dark Side."

As she reviewed what her new apprentice had already been trained in, it would give her insight into the path that would serve Sahra best.

0 Not allowed!
      Sahra was pleased that the Lady before her was finding her worthy. She had feared she would be found wanting and would be patted on the head and sent away. "Thank you. I desire to make myself worthy of the Dark Side and all she has to offer."

As the woman before her gave thought to whatever was on her mind, Sahra piped up with a question, "How long did it take you to realize what you were capable of?" She didn't ask in a timid way and seemed to care not if it was rude to ask. She was curious and learned that not asking was a deeper sin than asking. She was impatient, as many students were. She was curious if she was looking at years, months or centuries. The idea of longer than a decade didn't sit well with her, but then again, she came here seeking instruction at a much older age than most of the teens and younger she saw in the halls. Perhaps that was another drive. She wanted the power while she was still young enough to enjoy it.

Mood:
      Cheerful

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      It was an interesting question, and an insightful one.

"For me, it wasn't as much as what I was capable of. It was more along the lines of what I would do. How I saw myself as a force to be reckoned with in the future. The end goal, so to speak. I was driven in my study of the Dark Side and I was a frequent resident of the archives. I read every single tome I could find and constantly craved knowledge. It has always been my belief that knowledge is true power so I sought to improve myself at every turn."

Realizing she had not actually answered her apprentice's specific question, she redirected.

"The Dark Side knows our capabilities and it is only when you ascend to the next rank that it will start to reveal your abilities to you. Take your time, be dedicated and do not rush your studies. A solid foundation of training will last a lifetime and serve you well."

0 Not allowed!
      Sahra listened sincerely to the words of her mentor. Dara had what she aspired to have... power, prestige, and knowledge. She often spent time in the archives, but her studies were ridiculously random. "Do you recommend a course of study in the archives? I admit I spend a lot of time there, since Jack is off planet so much. When I'm not practicing, or there is a lack of sparring partners, I've often gone there and simply read things that seemed of interest."

Dara was unlike Jack or even Cloud. They had toughened her hide and showed her what was possible. This woman would show her there were no limits but what she placed on herself. Where they had broken her from her mold, she believed Dara would polish and hone her to a sharp tool to do the Order's work. "You said it was along the lines of what you would do. What do you mean? Wouldn't you do anything in a situation to come out on top? I mean, being a Jedi I would understand limitations and scruples. But you are a Sith Master. I would think that would mean you would do whatever it takes, whenever you had to do it." Her first trip off world here, when her adopted daughter was taken hostage, had shown her own limits. She had been willing to destroy the men who had killed her child. The carnage she left behind she still hadn't told anyone about, not even Jack. Something told her that the extremes she went to were probably beyond what was called for. It was one of her most closely guarded secrets of her past.

Mood:
      Cheerful

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "I would recommend starting with the books on Sith philosophy. That will give you insights into the rich Sith history and the Sith way of life. The war journals are very interesting to read how each leader of The Sith Empire forged their way in the galaxy and led their fellow Sith to various victories as well. Enriching your mind paves the way for ultimate power."

She paused before replying to Sahra's second question.

"Impulsiveness can lead to mistakes and mistakes can lead to death. I prefer to calculate my options and make an informed decision whenever I am faced with a challenging situation. Overconfidence can lead to one's downfall, after all."

0 Not allowed!
      The young woman nodded and made a mental note of the line of study she would pursue in the library the next time she had the opportunity.

Sahra was no hothead. She actually listened to Dara and considered her words. It was true that impulsiveness was still something the young Apprentice had to work on. But she had been careful this time. She hadn't lashed out simply in anger. She had done, as Dara said. She had calculated, planned and carried out her execution. "I understand the impulsiveness part all too well, I fear." She admitted to her new Master with some trepidation. The ebony hair around her going as still as her body, for a moment as dark eyes gazed straight at the formidable woman before her. "But even with calculations, with planning, and learning to keep the impulses at bay, isn't there still a desire to come out on top no matter who falls?" She realized her question and added, "Within reason, of course. I wouldn't merely wipe out a town to keep from being captured. But I probably wouldn't hesitate to kill those chasing me to be sure they didn't rise up to come after me again."

She hadn't realized her clenched hand till she looked down once more. Flexing her fingers slightly, she realized her emotions were riding the surface and she swiftly dampened them down with a steady breath. Sahra had nothing now... nothing but the Sith. To that end, she would rise to the top and show other what they were capable of, someday. Right now she couldn't imagine killing Jack, or even raising a hand to the Lady before her. But the question was, at least in her mind, would it be wrong to do so if it meant keeping her upward mobility possible?

She wasn't aware her thoughts were also on the surface and that the Master before her could easily pluck them if she had a notion.

Mood:
      Cheerful

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      As her apprentice spoke, there was a name that kept recurring in her thoughts, but not her words - Jack. The Sith Master made it a point to find out more and if Jack would somehow distract Sahra from her path to the Dark Side.

"A name is ever present on your mind as you speak with me, my apprentice. Tell me more of Jack and his influence over you."

The Sith Master watched and waited.

0 Not allowed!
      The question cause the ebon haired apprentice by so much surprise that it plainly flowed over her face. A mental shield went up, then. She was sure the Master before her could push and break thru it, but she also knew that it would keep her surface thoughts from leaking... at least for now. "Jack!?" The word came out clipped and almost startled. "He's been my trainer till now, Lady. And," here she faltered slightly, "and we are Force Bound, Ma'am. Another reason I have asked you to become my Master. I do not want him thinking he has to promote too swiftly merely to stay above me so he can remain my Master. I don't want to be held back." The final statement was curt and said with a determination that left no doubt she meant it with every fiber of her being.

"I love him... though I don't say that lightly. There is a bond between us that even we don't fully understand. But I know that for my own interest, I don't want to be dependent on him for my training any longer."