• YeeHaw
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up
      Received: 1
      Given: 0

I'll be whatever ya need....for a price

0 Not allowed!
      Stepping into the antichamber, Sil looked around. It seemed he and Kit were the only one's waiting.

Hello....who ya see about meeting the Hutt?

Kit laid a hand on Sil's shoulder.

Perhaps a bit more cordial?

He bent over and lowered his voice.

I detect multiple security devices as well as 3 biologicals.

He looked up, then back at Sil.

I believe they are armed.

Again, the droid paused.

I could have gotten a blaster through security.

Sil looked up at the tall droid.

You could have....Why do I put up with you?

Pulling his shoulder away, he straightened his jacket.

Remind me to give you a memory wipe when we get back on the ship. And, for a change, be nice, huh? We need this.

The droid straightened. Were it not impossible, Sil would have sworn the ungainly thing shrugged.

Well.....I could have.
      Loyalty? There's a price for that.

Sil's Theme

Thumbs Up
      Received: 3

0 Not allowed!
      The young woman behind the desk to the side of the room watched the exchange with her usual curiosity. Being the front for Vaago had introduced her to all types. These were more colorful than the last, but still just as deadly, she was sure. When the exchange between the two paused, she answered the man's orginal query.

"To see Vaago, you merely have to give me your name and what business you are in." Her words were cordial and bright without bearing the sugary coating the previous secretary had had. That woman's voice could make your teeth hurt. And one was never sure just who she would toss herself towards over the desk, so seemingly 'taken' by those who came in. While she was capable of looking someone over and knowing they were smoke n mirrors, or true to their word was her skill and gift.

She waited for the man to reply and her hand nonchalantly danced over her console as she made small notes of attitude and actions of the man and his security droid.

Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The voice snapped Sil's attention forward. Giving Kit one last scowl, he stepped forward and tried his best at a smile.

Sil Farrow.

He cocked a thumb back at Kit.

The pile of scrap behind me is Kx-1T....goes by Kit. I....ummm, understand Lord Vaago may be in the market for certain discreet security work?

It was a very obvious metaphor for a gun for hire, but Sil had learned that even in the most vile of places, sometimes discretion was needed to avoid judicials.

Sil's Theme

Thumbs Up
      Received: 3

0 Not allowed!
      *Well, he has manners,* she thought as her hands danced over the keys.

Nodding to the set of cushioned chairs behind him, she smiled once more. "Have a seat, Mr. Farrow. And someone will send for you in a moment." No one ever told them Vaago is who would see them. It was their initial impressions the Master wished to see. And who was she to deny him his little pleasures?

Less than five minutes passed before the woman behind the desk stood and moved towards the large double doors to the next room. Opening them as she glanced over her shoulder, she called to him. "Mr. Farrow... follow me." She didn't wait to see if he was following as she led him to one more set of doors, opened them and stood aside. "Wait inside."

Unbeknownst to the poor man, hiding in the back, in the shadows, waiting to see how folks were, stood the Master... Vaago the Hut.

The chamber was large, though knowing the Boss was a Hut, it made sense. There was a raised dais at the end of the room with a large odd shaped stone couch with furs draped on it. The walls were stone, with high windows illuminating in shafts of light like some old ancient Catherdral. Chairs and benches lined the walls, but the main walk towards the steps to the couch were empty and wide enough for three men with outstretched arms to traverse.

In the shadows, hidden from those who entered was the Boss, himself. Vaago prided himself on watching those who entered and sizing them up fairly swiftly. It was no Jedi mind trick, for they didn't work on his kind. No, it was decades upon decades of reading people for profit and life. This was no different. He watched the woman open the door and call to a man behind her.

Then he waited....

Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Thank you.. Sil nodded and sat, and waited, only to be taken to another room to wait....again!

He let out a small sigh. He heard Kit shuffle up behind him.

We are being watch.

Of course we're being watched, you bucket of bolts. This is a test.

You should have let me bring a blaster.

Sil looked at the droid with a look with sheer exasperation.

We are here asking for a job, not here to shoot our way in or out.

Would you like to know the probability that this "interview" will include a physical combat component?

No....

It's high.

Why do I...just shut up.

If it were possible for a droid to scoff, then Kit scoffed.

It's very high.
      Last edited by Sil Farrow; 11-08-2017 at 09:56 AM. Reason: typo

Sil's Theme