• YeeHaw
      Mood:
      Sneaky

Thumbs Up
      Received: 17
      Given: 0

Training Day [Kaie]

0 Not allowed!
      Training, yay! Well except for the fact JJ knew they always liked to start with the Jedi Code. The boy could recite it in his sleep. Judah had made him memorize from a young age and was always testing him on it. If there was one lesson they could skip, it was this lesson. JJ could even tell his master the fact the code had changed many times since it was first penned. Perhaps it would helpful to know the Jedi over the course of their history have never agreed on what makes a Jedi a good Jedi or not. What about the fact that they had changed their position on attachments, flip-flopping on the view many times over the past millennia.

JJ sighed as he walked into the garden. He calmed himself. As much as he wanted to skip this lesson he heard his father's voice in his head. "The code is a guide that will help you stay with the light. Understand it, and you will understand what makes a Jedi strong in the force." He sighed again. At least his master was someone who could understand him right. I mean it wasn't like JJ was coming into this life cold.

"Master," he called out as he entered the gardens, finally giving the padawan robes a chance. He was going to have to get used to them or modify them. They were itchy and uncomfortable. "Master are you in here?"

Thumbs Up
      Received: 3
      Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
      Tending to the variety of flowers and plants that had been transplanted or grown here for the past few years, Kaie loved this part of the temple more than any other. It was the purity of these around her that drew the white witch. Soon, she heard the sliding of the distant door and she felt the presence of a new student that had wished to be guided in the ways of the Force. Touching on the aura of the young man, Kaie could also sense the internal conflict that came with many stepping into a new life. Training was never easy, but rewarding when done right.

"Here," she called out, distractedly. Wiping off her hands, Kaie rose and turned to see the son of Judah Lesan, another Jedi whose reputation had gained a variety of rumors and exposition. "Good morning," she grinned politely and stepped toward him, ensuring that she missed the cluster of flowered plants at her booted feet. "I know that with your father, the code has been drilled into you, but I'm more interested in what you feel is the essence of it, not the words etched in our walls."

Mood:
      Sneaky

Thumbs Up
      Received: 17
      Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
      "Suri Jaxx has as well, though she hasn't been seen for some time," he sighed. "I... I feel the essence of the code relates to self-control. Passion, Chaos, Emotion... these things all can control you. The code simply seeks to encourage a Jedi to control one self, and use the force as their guide in that endeavor."

Maybe it was more than that, but that was how Judah saw it. JJ wasn't going to claim he was right, but the teenaged padawan knew that the code was along that in essesnce. His methods were certainly a bit more on the aggresive side when he had been training. The Corellian in him didn't want to be supressed. It didn't have to be, Judah just had to remember who was in control. His guiding center needed to be the force, and the light within him and those around him.

"I don't think I've spent much time in the gardens. My father has always kept me around nature though.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 3
      Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
      Suri was another name that had disappeared over the years and most recently, one that Kaie wished hadn't gone. But, the Force guided as it will, she mused and then listened to his thoughts on the universal energy that bound all of them with this particular dogma. She nodded with his assessment, knowing his own thoughts had already been guided by his father no doubt. At least they were on the right track so far.

"How have you directed your own life in the recent past, in that vein," she asked, grinning at his following statement about the gardens. They would get to that later. "Give me some examples."