• YeeHaw
      Mood:
      Sneaky

Thumbs Up
      Received: 21
      Given: 0

Training Day [Kaie]

0 Not allowed!
      Training, yay! Well except for the fact JJ knew they always liked to start with the Jedi Code. The boy could recite it in his sleep. Judah had made him memorize from a young age and was always testing him on it. If there was one lesson they could skip, it was this lesson. JJ could even tell his master the fact the code had changed many times since it was first penned. Perhaps it would helpful to know the Jedi over the course of their history have never agreed on what makes a Jedi a good Jedi or not. What about the fact that they had changed their position on attachments, flip-flopping on the view many times over the past millennia.

JJ sighed as he walked into the garden. He calmed himself. As much as he wanted to skip this lesson he heard his father's voice in his head. "The code is a guide that will help you stay with the light. Understand it, and you will understand what makes a Jedi strong in the force." He sighed again. At least his master was someone who could understand him right. I mean it wasn't like JJ was coming into this life cold.

"Master," he called out as he entered the gardens, finally giving the padawan robes a chance. He was going to have to get used to them or modify them. They were itchy and uncomfortable. "Master are you in here?"

Thumbs Up
      Received: 3
      Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
      Tending to the variety of flowers and plants that had been transplanted or grown here for the past few years, Kaie loved this part of the temple more than any other. It was the purity of these around her that drew the white witch. Soon, she heard the sliding of the distant door and she felt the presence of a new student that had wished to be guided in the ways of the Force. Touching on the aura of the young man, Kaie could also sense the internal conflict that came with many stepping into a new life. Training was never easy, but rewarding when done right.

"Here," she called out, distractedly. Wiping off her hands, Kaie rose and turned to see the son of Judah Lesan, another Jedi whose reputation had gained a variety of rumors and exposition. "Good morning," she grinned politely and stepped toward him, ensuring that she missed the cluster of flowered plants at her booted feet. "I know that with your father, the code has been drilled into you, but I'm more interested in what you feel is the essence of it, not the words etched in our walls."

Mood:
      Sneaky

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Suri Jaxx has as well, though she hasn't been seen for some time," he sighed. "I... I feel the essence of the code relates to self-control. Passion, Chaos, Emotion... these things all can control you. The code simply seeks to encourage a Jedi to control one self, and use the force as their guide in that endeavor."

Maybe it was more than that, but that was how Judah saw it. JJ wasn't going to claim he was right, but the teenaged padawan knew that the code was along that in essesnce. His methods were certainly a bit more on the aggresive side when he had been training. The Corellian in him didn't want to be supressed. It didn't have to be, Judah just had to remember who was in control. His guiding center needed to be the force, and the light within him and those around him.

"I don't think I've spent much time in the gardens. My father has always kept me around nature though.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Suri was another name that had disappeared over the years and most recently, one that Kaie wished hadn't gone. But, the Force guided as it will, she mused and then listened to his thoughts on the universal energy that bound all of them with this particular dogma. She nodded with his assessment, knowing his own thoughts had already been guided by his father no doubt. At least they were on the right track so far.

"How have you directed your own life in the recent past, in that vein," she asked, grinning at his following statement about the gardens. They would get to that later. "Give me some examples."

Mood:
      Sneaky

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      ”Self control? Not very well,” JJ answered honestly as he looked away.

He was still conflicted about the fact he didn’t like the decision his parents had made, and he was upset with himself because of it. JJ new it wasn’t about him, but it felt like it sometimes. There was an anger he held onto which came out when he ran through his forms, katas, and saber training. It was easy to work up a sweat and find motivation for it. It helped keep him under control, but the fact he still felt conflicted, it bothered him.

JJ was getting into arguments with friends, and his father, because of his chosen methods. None of this was going to be news to Kaie if she’d studied him before agreeing to train him.

He sighed.

”I’m not really sure I can say I’ve followed the code much.”

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She grinned sympathetically at her new student, knowing how hard it was to live up to her mother's reputation within the Pachmari, but also in their hometown on Naboo. "Trying to live up to what your father has accomplished isn't easy and you shouldn't have to. In fact, I know exactly how you feel. So, don't be so hard on yourself, we've all faltered at one point or another. The only legacy that you have to live up to is the one you set for yourself." Green eyes studied him for a long moment and hoped that her words would sink in.

Taking in a deep breath, she scanned the flowers and plants around and between them. "My mother taught my sisters and I how to live, appreciate life and respect others. Those things never left me and I think helped me rise in this order as well. My focus are plants and flowers when not helping people in the medbay. Nature is pure," Kaie's gaze rose to JJ again. "A great teacher if you learn to listen to it. Our deepest desires when we're children is to help people. We know right from wrong, but all too soon life skews those views. Looking up to people who are flawed, but we don't understand that until we're in their shoes ourselves. Somewhere we lose our desire to help and get swept up in the galaxy's flaws as well. Put up walls between ourselves and everyone else. It only takes one bad incident, but I think if someone is raised to endure the bad, then the good never truly leaves us. It's still there, within," she motioned to his heart with her eyes, then grinned knowing how deeply she had felt about the universe and everything in it.

"The first step to getting back to that point is admitting that we have flaws, then working to learn from them and fix them. Before you know it, seeing those around you for who they are within will be more natural. Searching for the reasons why they do the things they do helps me help them. Healing the body is only dealing with the surface of the problems. I've learned a lot from N'yssa about that, using the Force to fix cuts, broken bones and injuries. But getting to the root of the injury is the only way to truly heal someone. The body does the rest, if they have the desire to fully recover. With a person, you have to deal with the soul. We are so much more than this," she pinched the skin on her right wrist with her left forefinger and thumb.

"And you are much more than your name."

Mood:
      Sneaky

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "I'm trying not to live up to him... I mean the guy has a reputation for loving the ladies too much as it is." JJ just couldn't let that go. He couldn't help but think that was part of the reason his parents were no longer together.

JJ sighed because the outburst was not in line with what he had just told his new master the Jedi Code was about. Kaie went on about nature being a good teacher, and JJ could agree, though gardening was not his forte. The young Corellian was good at building things. He wasn't mechanically inclined like Kestrel was, but the boy was good with wood working, hammer and nails, old type projects that technology was trying to eliminate. There was a subtle art and relaxation to it.

He was more than a name? JJ nodded. Judah understood that, but still felt as though it haunted him. JJ was a Lesan after all, and while his father had one reputation, it was more than just his way with women. Judah Lesan, the man who defied the council publically in support of Vega Van-Dervelds plea to rescue Dathomir. Judah Lesan, the man who lost an arm and four fingers, tortured by darkness, but still remained pure and true. The man was a legend to some, and an annoyance to others. JJ just wanted to be JJ, but his last name didn't always allow it.

"...and my namesake," Judah added. "I'm aware of all these things, and I even know that where my dad is one to sneak around I am much more direct. Put a lightsaber in my hand, show me the problem, and I'll deal with it. Maybe I could be a leader in my own right one day, but for now I am a good soldier who is just barely learning what it means to work with a partner."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Kaie grinned as she had heard that about the elder Lesan as well, though she still knew him to be a good man and searching for the right things, when it came down to it. She also could see how his views were on the grander scale instead of what she was trying to relay. This wasn't going to be fixed by a short dissertation on human nature, she knew. Perhaps switching gears, she mused.

"Is your namesake the sum of who you are?" She knew that everyone had so much more to them than just a creed, color, or culture. Living among the witches of the Pachmari had taught her that. "You're not your father, by any stretch, though you obviously have something there that's keeping you from starting on this road and something that needs to be addressed before training begins. Perhaps you two need to sit down and have a heart to heart. Perhaps he can explain why he lives the way he does. Understand who he is instead of what he does and you'll understand why the latter." His eagerness to be at the forefront of a fight explained the reasons as she listened, but they were just a symptom of the problem that he apparently grew up with his whole life. Being in the shadow of someone you admired, then seen that they weren't perfect could easily send someone down the wrong road.

"Conflict in a Jedi is a dangerous thing, so be careful about that."

Mood:
      Sneaky

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      ”There is nothing keeping me from starting this road. You’re to be my second master as Suri Jaxx has been missing. I don’t mean to be so blunt, but hesitancy is not the issue.”

JJ knew what the issue was, but it wasn’t the time to discuss it. Kaie was correct when she said he was conflicted. The conflict was a family one, and something he had to work through. Perhaps had Suri still been there she’d be able to help him through it, but instead it was Kaie. JJ just sighed.

“I will be fine, and I will get through the source of my conflict. I know who I am and who I am not. Isn’t that enough for now?”

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      His impatience was showing through again and she could tell that the problems within weren't going away until he dealt with them, though she had to make him see that. "I've already agreed to take you on as my student, but if you're wishing me to be your teacher, then you have to understand my methods of doing so." She slowly moved forward, green eyes motioning to the large building they lived and worked in. "For a building to remain strong through the ages, it needs a strong foundation," her gaze fell back to him again. "To be able to withstand storms, earthquakes, or even the subtle movements of time that foundation has to be stronger than the forces posed against it."

She stopped within a few feet of him. "I'm not here saying that I or anyone else that lives here is perfect, even the masters, but all of those of us that have been in the order now for any length of time know what we're talking about, because most of our lessons have been learned the hard way. And what I'm telling you is," she glanced to his heart again, then back up. "If you're heart is divided, then so will your foundation, for that foundation is you. Just the subject of your father has raised a lot of conflict and frustration, even pain that even these plants around us can feel. Until you deal with that, I can't help you." Sympathetic, she grinned to him and hoped that he wanted to be a Jedi more than wallowing in the past. "And I want to help you."