• YeeHaw
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 45
      Given: 1

Morning After the Mourning

1 Not allowed!
      SHE was DEAD.

Judah played the scene over and over in his head and still could not bring himself to believe it. He was cursed in love. Everyone he had ever uttered his affections to had either left him or died. We’re it not for the children he had, Judah might have thought the universe was playing some cruel trick on him. His regret only ran so deep because of them. It was only now that Judah understood why the Jedi code for it attachments in the Old Republic. Perhaps they had been wise.

Zeltros was where it had all began for Judah and Magena. Some bar where they had met and the events which had spanned the last 20 years or so unfolded. It seemed only appropriate to remember Magena by going to some dive bar in the main city and raking in a load of credits from the unsuspecting patrons. Twenty years ago Judah would have never allowed any alcohol to touch his lips. Today, Judah allowed one glass of rum. He hated the flavor, but it was for Mags.

How was he supposed to tell Kes? He’d left her with his son on Coyerti to complete a mission and had been gone longer than he anticipated. Judah was going to have to explain that. That explanation was going to have to involve Magena’s death and the fact he hadn’t been completely honest with Kes to start with. Mags didn’t want her to know, but Judah couldn’t lie.

He sighed.

Chocolate eyes looked over to the bar. Even the woman behind the bar reminded him of her. In fact had Judah not known better he would have sworn it was Magena. The same purple hair cascaded down her shoulders, the eye color was the same, and she looked exactly like Judah remembered her from their first meeting.

Judah raked in th credits from the last win to the moans and groans of the dissatisfied losers.

”Well gentlemen I am going to have to call it a night. I know you are all so disappointed,” Judah chuckled pretending he was happy. “Stay as long as you like and put your drinks on my tab.”

He nodded knowing his gesture had made the group happier, then departed. His feet carried him over the bar where the Mags lookalike was working.

“I’m picking up their drinks,” he said dropping a coin bag full of credits on the bar. “This should cover it, along with a healthy tip for the pretty lady.”

Thumbs Up
      Received: 1
      Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
      "Well thanks for that, mister moneybags, I'm sure my patrons will thoroughly exploit your generosity.” Livian smiled, looking over the man who’d come to visit her bar with a careful eye, feeling the black hole of his emotions, just beneath the surface. “So, who's the girl that did such a number on you? Or...was it a fella? No judgment from me, either way.”

Livian looked over to the Rodian, now passed out on top of the counter.

“Oy! I told you this isn’t a hotel, Greeves.” she held up a finger to Judah, and nudged the snoring alien...then did so again, until finally the teal rodian rolled from his seat and crashed to his *** on the floor. He startled awake, scrambling to his feet. “Iihmm nuuot readdyy to leaveee.”

Livian rolled her eyes, wiping and sanitizing the part of her counter where he’d been laying in his own drool moments ago. “Go home, Greeves. Don’t make me call in Jerom again. You’re done for the night.”

The Rodian held up his hands and backed off, stumbling his way to the door.

She shook her head and sighed, giving her attention back to the handsome stranger.

“Sorry about that. Anyway, I believe you were just about to tell me your story?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Pretty sure they will too... It's their credits." Judah winked as he pointed over to the Sabaac tables. Then the question. Judah had forgotten the empathic abilities of Zeltrons. He was not going to fake his happiness with her. She was guessing that it was woman troubles, but that was right on the money. It was hard to lie to an empath. "Isn't it always a woman?" Judah shrugged again.

Greeves, the town drunk it seemed. Judah looked over as the woman tried getting him to leave. He was protesting a bit, but at the mention of the name Jerom it seemed the man decided he needed to move. A smirk crossed Judah's lips. She was just like Mags. He would have helped her get Greeves out, but when the patron left under his own power that was the better solution.

The woman hadn't forgotten that Judah had a story to tell, and when she came back her words indicated that she was expecting him to tell it too. She wanted to hear it.

Judah sighed and pointed at his empty glass. "Another glass of rum then..." His finger tapped the rim of the cup.

He waited for her to start pouring before Judah said anything.

"So I met the girl a little over 20 years ago. She was the wrong kind of girl, the kind mom's always warn their boys about. I fell for her anyway. She left. I halfway moved on... even got married, but everytime she called and needed help, I could never say no, you could imagine that didn't keep me married. Well, Mags called about three weeks ago and like usual I took off to help her out. She had a bounty on her head she wouldn't let me pay. She wanted it gone for good, but she was already being tailed. I couldn't protect her, and when she got shot.... I couldn't save her..."

Judah took a gulp of the rum then set the glass down.

"You look like her... almost exactly..."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Livian poured the glass to the brim and set the bottle back down before leaning in, elbow on the countertop and a hand propping up her chin in anticipation. It was clear that she was expecting a fairly generic story, something about jaded love and being there to wash away the blues, but what the man had to say, quickly saw the woman's features fall.

Slowly, she straightened herself back up. Without asking, she emptied more of the rum into his glass after he set it back down. Livian didn’t need empathy to see he was hurting, from the slump in his posture to the tired circles around his eyes.

Brows pressed together, “It sounds like you did everything you could to try and save her, she was lucky to have someone like you who cared so deeply about her. You have my deepest sympathy and condolences…” she answered, though it came off sounding robotic and empty, even after she’ spent several moments of silence in trying to figure out what to say.

Feelings of sadness or anger were generally frowned upon in her culture, so she didn’t encounter those turbulent emotions often. Sure, she’d heard sob stories before, from patrons coming in and out, but had not felt the same level of despair from those as she felt from this man here.

When he mentioned that she looked like her, Livian tried to smile. “So, she was beautiful, then?” An idea came to mind and a hand was proffered to him, releasing just a small bit of the natural pheromones she could produce. Livian didn’t make it a point to do this for her patrons, but she felt for him. There wasn’t enough released to make him woozy, or feeling head over heels, but certainly enough to make him feel more pleasant and relaxed. “My name is Livian, or Liv, if you prefer.”

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Judah found himself with another refill as he told his story. It was the short version. He had left out the part he was now caring for one of her three daughters, and that Mags had asked him to keep an eye on the other two. Judah had no idea how he was going to track them down without alerting anyone that might still want to harm Mags even though she was already dead. Judah also didn't want their fathers finding them. One Judah knew specifically, the other... Judah knew of. Mags was the wrong kind of gal that went after the wrong kind of men.

There were no regrets though. Judah couldn't. Sasha and JJ were a result of the fact things had not worked with Magena. His thoughts continued to dwell on the fact he had not been enough for her though, rather than telling himself he never was supposed to be.

Judah took another drink, but put his hand up to keep Liv from refilling it.

"For what it is worth, thanks," Judah said, and was about to get up to leave, but he felt a hand on his. The unnatural calm which came from breathing in the scent of the pheromones she had just produced kept him seated. Judah nodded with a smile.

"I certainly set that one up didn't I," Judah said with a soft chuckle. Even in his more depressed mood he could still see the humor in things. The pheromones helped to relax him, and while Livian didn't know it, they always made Judah extremely susceptible to suggestion. "She was gorgeous, yes. You are too. Now that we have that on the table I feel at least a little less guilty if I get caught looking."

Judah nodded when she gave her name.

"Liv... nice name. I'm Judah."

He slid the glass back toward her indicating he was done with the rum. Judah knew when to cut himself off. He was not much of a drinker anyway. Tea was his vice, like most Jedi on the cold moon of Yavin it seemed.

"So, you've heard my sad story, let me hear yours. I am in no hurry to be anywhere obviously, so if you don't mind a middle aged man monopolizing your attention, I'd be happy to stick around long enough to hear it."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Walked right into it," Liv grinned, glad that he seemed receptive to a bit of humor despite his somber mood. "And, guilty? Please. You're on Zeltros darlin'. No reason to feel guilty because you find something pleasing to look at. People don't come here to moderate themselves."

A smile crossed her face when he complimented her name, "Thanks sugar, yours isn't so bad, either."

By now the pheromones should have worked enough to let him relax and enjoy himself, so when he cut himself off from the rum, Liv just took the cup and cleaned it. Zeltron pheromones were better at taking off the edge than any kind of drug or liquor anyway.

"Sad story?" Livian scoffed a little, and shook her head. "Sorry, I don't mean to laugh, my life just isn't quite as exciting. I grew up here on Zeltros and was raised by my aunt and uncle in a loving home. Mom didn't really have the mental fortitude for raising a kid. Honestly, the only tragic event I can claim was having to work for a scum bag in the northern provenience, but you know, that job helped me pay for this bar. So."

Livian put a finger against her chin as if pondering, still not getting the vibe that Judah was feeling the atmosphere of Zeltros. A wicked grin curled up one side of her face. "Things are pretty slow here tonight, I can leave the place in the hands of Jesskia, and what's say I take you out to see the city? Maybe lift your spirits a bit?"

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
      ”No, they come to Zeltros because this planet celebrates the drinking and fraternizing everyone wants, but rarely indulges in.”

Judah winked. He knew he was talking to someone who knew better than anyone else, and he wasn’t going to lie about why he had chosen Zeltros to drown his troubles in. He had met Magena on Zeltros, that was the primary reason he was there, though if some other reason to be there presented itself Judah wasn’t going to deny himself. There had been something about holding Magena’s lifeless body in his arms that made Judah feel like his much younger self.

Of course Liv passenger own story off as one that was not as sad as the one he just told. She was right from what she divulged of her story. There was something about her story that caused him to quirk his brow. Magena’s mother had been committed from what he remembered. Was that a typical Zeltron woman thing or were they connected somehow. She looked like Mags, had a similar story to Mags... naaaah

”A tour of the city from one of the locals, and a gorgeous one at that? How can I say no!”

Judah pushed off the bar and walked over to the side of the bar where Liv would be able to walk out from. When she met him there he offered his arm.

“I’m all yours. Take me some place only the locals know about.”

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "A pity more people don't indulge. They should, maybe there would be less war in this Galaxy." Liv commented. Her aunt and uncle had bought into the monogamous tradition of humans, but Livian was like other Zeltron and didn't understand such commitments. Why deny how one was created to be?

"You couldn't have anyway, handsome. Because I don't take no for an answer." She gave him a sly smile, "We're going to have a lot of fun, you and I!"

Livian gathered her bag and jacket and met up with him, quirking a brow at the offered arm, though she slipped her hand into the crook of his elbow anyway. "Well, I hope you like dancing."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Oh no... there would plenty of war still," Judah remarked with a correction. "The fighting wouldn't be about territory or power, but because someone indulges with the wrong someone. People are fickle."

No one knew that better than Judah. Granted there had been a time in his life when he was just as fickle as the rest. His track record of being the cause for such conflict was not pure. He knew of at least one heart he had broken, and fights he had caused because the yonger Judah was quite the unsettled Casanova. To this day he had no clue how he had even gotten to be that way, or even earned that reputation. Foot in mouth Judah had morphed into some kind of suave ladies man, and while he knew who had aided him in that transformation, he didn't understand why everything seemed to click afterward.

Judah canted his head when Liv suggested there was no way he would be able to tell her no. "Do I sense a challenge in there somewhere," he askesd as she slipped her arm into his. He caught the odd look she gave him and simply smiled. She either wasn't used to this, or hadn't expected him to be so accomodating.

"It's been a while, but I can promise I won't be stepping on your toes."

There was a chuckle that escaped Judah's mouth as they walked out of the bar and off toward a part of the city Judah had not been except for once. He had met a contact of his ex-wife at the Violet Blue, a dance club owned by the eccentric Avalon Gray. Judah wondered if the red haired singer was still there. As Judah recalled it, Red's contact had hooked up with the singer between song sets in the dressing room. Judah shook his head at the memory as they walked in.

"Still a local favorite," Judah called out over all the noise. "I haven't stepped foot in this place in about twenty years!"

Judah realized saying that to somone as young looking as Liv would make him appear to be old. If Judah had to guess the woman wasn't even thirty yet. He found himself not caring. He had been hurting, and there was no one he could really turn to that would understand. Judah needed the night, even if the method of help he was getting was not the one he truly needed to be indulging in.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
      Liv just shrugged in response. “Maybe, maybe not.” Things were just different on Zeltros. Jealousy, anger...negative emotions in general, were not widely found on the planet. Zeltron lovers were not possessive in the way that monograms believing humans were. Both understanding that the other would have romantic interests outside the main companions. In the past Liv herself had, had more than one lover at one time. Each individual relationship unique and beautiful, with something to learn and grow from. Parting ways had been painless. In her mind, the galaxy would be better off living as most of Zeltros did, but she wouldn’t press the point with Judah.

She wanted to focus on more pleasant topics.

Livians lips quirked up into a smile, eyes dancing with mischief. “Oh..not just a challenge, dear, I dare you to object to this.” Simply put, men didn’t tell Livian ‘no’, not once, not ever. Judah wasn’t going to be the first, either. In that, she was confident.

They’d reached the Violet Blue without any fuss. It was the perfect place to take someone who was grieving. The club had a way of making a person feel alive. Between the bright strobe lights, pounding music, a clientele of twentysomethings bucking and writhing on the crowded dance floor, and the scent of the euphoric zeltron drug so thick that even she felt a bit woozy, if Avalon’s nightclub couldn’t help Judah forget for even a moment, then there was little hope.

“Then this is long overdue! Let’s dust off your dancing shoes, come on!” Liv grinned, seeming to not be bothered by his comment, despite it pointing to a very large difference in age between them. In fact, it only seemed to encourage her intentions. Fingers slipped between his and pulled to lead him deeper into the congested sea of bodies towards the center of the dance floor.

Livian would command him to follow her lead until they could find a common rhythm, hips swaying in a provocative way to the beat, soon matching the energy of the atmosphere as it coursed through her. This wasn’t the type of scene she frequented as much anymore, so it was even easier getting lost in the feeling of it all. Was her dance partner being affected by it, too? By the way he stayed in sync through the progression of the song, she could assume he was feeling something.

Despite barely knowing the man, Liv was not above letting her mind wander in the realm of possibilities, and where the end of this dance might lead.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "You dare me," Judah smirked. "I think I would rather not. You see if I try you will just increase the pheromone output, and I'd rather enjoy myself than be so drunk on pheromones that I forget the night entirely."

Judah was no fool, and was not about to be made one by this Zeltron. He knew how they behaved, the man had only been in love with one for a long time. Life choices had prevented anything coming from it, but the man had long since reconciled his feelings. The way Judah saw the night now he was just going to have some fun and try and remember that life was for the living. He was alive, Mags daughters were alive, his children were alive... even Red was still alive. Everyone he ever held dear, and esepcially those who had returned those feelings, was still alive.

Knowing that Liv would not take no for an answer he did not protest when she pulled him to the center of the dance floor. It had been too long since he had danced with anyone. The rust was evident, but Liv did not relent in leading until the two found a natural rhythm. The sway of her hip with his and the natural release of the pheromones on the air was intoxicating. This was what the planet lived for. It was a constant party, and Judah knew that when he stopped on Zeltros. He needed to return to the temple, but he was taking the moment to be selfish. Judah knew once he left it would be a life dedicated to the Jedi, to Mags daughters, and seeing that those in his care and charge became all they could be.

"You might very well be right. At least I haven't stepped on your toes yet." Judah smirked as he pulled the woman closer to him. He was still baffled by her. Something about her was so familiar, but Judah had yet to place it. She was too young to be related to Magena perhaps, but she was like her. That could have been the draw. If that was the case this was not going to help him grieve, but only delay the inevitable. It didn't matter at this point though. Judah was far too gone in the moment to let rational thought remind him that he was too old for this woman and that this was not who he was anymore.

"The last time I was here my ex-wife wasn't even my wife yet... Avalon had this redheaded singer and the contact I met her went back to the dressing room to find her between sets. Talk about embracing what Zeltros is all about huh?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      “You have some experience with pheromones, then?” Livian laughed, her voice having a musical quality to it. “And so far, so good! No squished toes, not to mention you’ve been keeping up with me!” her lips turned up in an amused smile. Truth was, she was thrilled with the way they moved together once he’d found his rhythm. “Wasn’t so sure you could, until we started.”

When Judah pulled her in closer, she didn’t put up a fight against it, garnet eyes looking up at him through her dark, thick, lashes. Ivory teeth sunk into her bottom lip as a frisson of desire shot through her mid-dance. Clearly, she was getting wrapped up in the moment. Scenes like this had tendency to make her act more wanton than normal, partly because of all the pheromones pumped in the air. They affected her as much as anyone else. The darkness in the club and the pulsing lights only served to increase and electrify her system that much more. Especially with a chiseled dance partner whose body was grating against hers.

But it seemed like maybe he wasn’t quite as caught up in the heat of the moment as she was. He'd actually brought up his ex-wife! Who did that, when they were dancing with another woman? Especially given the sensual nature of their dance. Livian knew he was grieving, that he was a man of regret. That's why they were here. She’d wanted to help him forget his troubles, even if it was just for one night. That included putting the ex-wife out of his mind.

Maybe it wasn’t the way he needed to handle it, but this was what she knew. Livan released more of her own pheromones in a greater dosage this time. “They had the right idea.” Livian answered, “How about we follow their example and get out of here? Find out for yourself what it is to embrace Zeltros?” She made her intent clear, an invitation posed.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Pheromones, yes... I am not inexperienced with how they work."

Judah smirked. In a way it was kinda fun to call the woman on her game. He knew exactly what she was doing yet he didn't leave. That was exactly what he should have done, but the man in regret wasn't in a place where he cared. His grief was calling the shots, un-jedi like, he knew it, but Judah was always a master at walking the edge. It drove much of the council batty at how he continued to push the line without ever actually crossing it. Some would argue he had, that Judah gave into his feelings more often than he should. However, Judah would typically point out that it had been Derakai who told him to embrace every part of himself. It was the only way to remain true to the light.

There wasa touch of guilt as the two moved together. It was so simple, so easy, but Judah could not put certain people out of his mind. Magena was there, but Katara took up most of the space. JJ and Sasha and Kes were there also. There were so many reasons for him to leave and just go back to Yavin VIII, but the more the two danced the more Judah found the pheromones take over. They seeped into his bloodstream and made him a victim to suggestion.

Judah tried to look away, but his eyes landed on the owner, Avalon Gray. Judah recognized the man he was with, the unmistakeable look of one of Vaggo's was all over the man. Whatever Avalon was up to, Judah didn't want to see it. He was intent on staying out that kind of trouble for now. His eyes found themselves locked with the inviting and suggestive gaze of his dance partner. His hand gripped hers.

"Yeah, let's get out of here."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      His experience with pheromones and what he had mentioned earlier about the girl who looked like her, made Liv briefly wonder if that woman was another Zeltron like herself, or at least half. Making all the more sense why he would have chosen to come to this planet. She didn’t think any more about the subject of the woman beyond that, nor question there might be a connection. There were likely many half-zeltron women running around in the galaxy. What Livian was dwelling on, was the fact that Judah knew she was producing pheromones to relax him and had stuck around anyway. Some humans might have been entirely put off by that knowledge, like they innocently came to the party planet, without even the vaguest of hope that some Zeltron siren wouldn’t lead them away for a night of unrestrained passion. Judah knew, and Judah wanted this. In her mind, anyway.

She didn’t hide her smile or the glint behind her eyes that indicated she was pleased when he agreed to leave with her, allowing him to take her by the hand, noting how her palms were much softer in comparison to his callused ones.

Livian considered herself a decent judge in character, having been with enough men to safely assume that he was likely accustomed to hard work, and was not one of those who’d come from the womb with a silver spoon in his mouth.

She liked that in a person, being raised herself by an aunt and uncle that instilled an appreciation and value for the importance of hard work. If not for those lessons, she would not have successfully opened her own bar in the main city of Zeltros. Even though it was not what the Violet Blue was, having any kind of business smack dab in the bustle of their biggest city was a big deal.

Not mentioning that she long ago discovered how labor-weary men seemed to take initiative lovers, unlike their effeminate counterparts.

“This way,”
      she directed, leading him down the sidewalk once they were outside. “Nice thing about living in the city? Mostly everything is walking distance, my apartment is less than a block from here." she looked up at him with a grin, "This is the path of no return,” Livian teased, pressing herself into his side. “Any last minute regrets?”

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      What reason did Judah have to not give in? Magena was dead. He was divorced. His own children were upset with him. Judah could rattle off a list of reason why just one thing going his way wouldn't be all that bad. With Judah's luck though, this was not going to go his way. His gut told him something was a miss with this whole entire situation, but he ignored it. The Jedi had gotten good at ignoring his gut when it seemed like it would benefit him to do so. It was the exact reason why he was not a Jedi Master yet. There were those who wanted him to be, and then there were others who said he did not have the discipline for it. Tonight, Judah was going to prove the naysayers right. There would be another time for those who believed in him.

His hearing began to recover as soon as they stepped outside. Judah sighed in relief.

"That is one thing about clubs... they are always loud no matter how old or young you are..."

Once they were outside he let Livian lead them. She mentioned her apartment was near the club, and Judah wondered how she even got any sleep at all. Then he remineded himself she was a Zeltron. They didn't sleep during the night when on their homeworld. It was a constant party. Yet the closer they got to her place, the more she seemed to talk. Why would she offer Judah an escape? Her intention certainly wasn't to let him do that.

He grabbed her in one motion and pinned her against the outside wall of her building.

"For someone who is trying to seduce me, you talk a lot."

His lips pressed to hers. Judah knew what she was after and had no problem taking the first move.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast