• Tired
  • Twisted
  • VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 0
      Given: 0

Seeking the keeper of the Archives(Nova)

0 Not allowed!
      Returning just recently Marcus knew he had much to catch up on regarding the Sith Empire. Being gone for along as he had, which was a few years, a lot had transpired in his absence. His former Master Ket Van-Derveld had disappeared. Lor knows where exactly that much he knew. Frell, it seemed everyone he'd known before his departure into the regions of space had disappeared. Marcus didn't know what to think of that. Either way he'd persevere through it all. If he needed to find another Master to teach him, then so be it. Which is exactly what he was doing now. Traversing through the halls of the temple, Marcus wandered through looking around. Seems like things had changed and the temple in which the Sith occupied had not. Knowing his way around like the back of his hand even though he'd been gone all that time. Smiling he played the events of everything before returning through his head. How he'd been chased down by hunters who'd been hired by his cousin, Jacob. It was on Chandrila that they'd found him. Not that Marcus cared if they'd found him. He had his abilities to a point, but, he didn't need them to help him in that regard. The younger Sith had found a means to make it appear that he'd died. Days prior to the 'accident' that killed him, although supposedly, he'd rigged the train that he knew would carry him. Severing brake lines, cutting fuel to it. Things like that. Knowing where it would go was another means he'd looked up prior to it.

The young Sith was quite smart. Planning ahead in all the aspects of his 'departure'. The train he'd be carried on didn't leave until the next day. Knowing he was watched he did manage to slip by the hunters chasing after him. His cousin thought he was smart to have them take him down. Why did his cousin do it you ask? Because Marcus was a Sith and Jacob wasn't wanting some Sith out and about in the galaxy causing havoc to others. Not that Marcus was anything typical. No, Marcus was calculating. Standing in the shadows and waiting...plotting...seeking opportunity when it arose. How did Marcus manage to get into the station undetected? Simple. The maintenance crew shut the cameras and holos off at a certain time of day, which was the late evening, to go through their usual maintenance of the systems. See if there was any glitches, or bugs, as per their schedule. Marcus knew this as simple as he knew his own hands. It didn't take rocket science to know that. All he did was slip past guards and run straight into the station. There was a timer he had to go by. A fifteen minute one. Severing the lines and messing with systems he did these because they were simple to hack into. Now, the part about rigging it to explode...that was rather more complex. He had to set charges at certain parts of the train as it were. When set they'd explode making it look like a malfunction occurred. That he had to figure out through research. Took a month or more to find out where exactly to set them so it'd appear that way. But, he learned how to and figured it out. It made him grin though doing what he did.

Marcus went on his scheduled ride that next day. The detonator in hand. Seeing the hunters on board the said tram to take him out when they had an opportunity. Not many were on that tram which was a good thing for Marcus. Even though casualties or not it didn't matter. All he knew was that he needed to get going out the back. Floating a few feet above the ground as it traveled the Sith Apprentice then slowly made his way to the back. Watching for those who'd been tracking him he saw that they didn't notice him at the time. Smiling he kept moving slowly and once he'd reached the back, opened the door. Looking down at the ground, the Sith then jumped and rolled onto the ground. Chuckling as the tram went forward, Marcus then watched it leave. Once it got within view of the city, he then pushed the detonator and set off the explosion. Perfect! Exploding and crashing into the ground it looked as though a malfunction happened and once the fuel lines had ignited it sent the cars flying into different directions. Killing anyone aboard. Nothing was left of anything organic. Anyone in there was literally combusted into nothing but ash.

As the Apprentice traversed the halls and settled to the Archives, he opened the door slowly. From what he'd heard Lord Nova was the keeper of the said Archives. Glancing around the young Apprentice then noted the furnishings and nodded in approval. He had to admit it was much better looking then the last time he was in here when Ket was his Master. Everything neatly stacked, ready to be plucked and taken off the shelves. Running his finger along the table it was free of any sort of dust. Rubbing them together he then noted it cleanliness and chuckled if only a little. Again, he had to admit it was quite nice in here. Clean that he could eat off the floor. Which he looked down and saw how spotless it was there too. Looking around the shelves he tried spotting the Sith Lord. Going up a few rows of shelves he then peered around the corners. Nope, no one there either. Shrugging his shoulders he figured he could find him in here if he maybe said something.

"Lord Nova? Hello?" Marcus stated loud enough for anyone to hear, but not so loud it would disturb anyone.

Signature & Avatar Artist
      From Hell's Heart I Stab at Thee!
      The stabbity one
      Mood:
      Amused

Thumbs Up
      Received: 25

0 Not allowed!
      The work it took keeping everything in order was something of a personal touch to the ruby eyed Lord. He had droids to do things when he wasn’t around, but for Nova he found pleasure in walking the rows of shelves. Of all the places within the temple, he had put the most work into the Archives. It was a personal conquest, something that had grown over time into what it was now and he was very proud of it. Granted, no one knew this of course, Nova hid any attachment and the few kernels of pride lest someone come along and ruin it out of spite. He had been sitting reading a new acquisition for the accumulated lore when he felt the presence of someone enter.

It wasn’t an uncommon thing, though infrequent given the time of night so he took note and set the scroll aside to shift out of the chair to stand. He smoothed his robes with a sigh, duty after all was first priority and this person had the flavor of ‘new’ to the sea of lights that was the temple. He hadn’t felt this presence before which meant they must be new to the temple. He walked to an office in the back, pulling down a small holo-tab and walking out with it. A new Disciple would need one of these and even if this one wasn’t ‘new’ there were changes to the temple that hadn’t been in years past. Renovations, restorations, repairs and a host of other mundane things that he had overseen throughout the years.

“Lord Nova? Hello?”

He heard the query as he came from behind the shelf, a reply would be unnecessary given his arrival. Nova strode up as an even pace so the stranger could easily see him. The ruby eyed Lord was not an imposing sight, he stood at six foot even and was a lithe one hundred and eighty pounds. His age was hard to determine, but dressed in the robes of rank he looked older than he was. His ink black hair was cut short and framed his face, but it was his eyes that would be the most noteworthy. The color of rubies lit from behind, keen sight that seemed to look into and measure a person to the depths they would hide. He had narrow aristocratic features and when he spoke he had the clipped refined Imperial accent of one who stood among the nobility instead of those below. His posture was straight, his movements graceful and with purpose. While he wasn’t physically imposing, it was these other things that made most anxious when caught in his gaze.

One might think he was in his early thirties when he was in fact in his mid twenties, young for a Lord, his rise to power saw him in his late teens back when the rank structure was four tiers instead of three. In fact, back then it had been unheard of for someone that young to rise so. There was nothing to his signature, his aura hidden out of habit which made it hard to find him by those of lesser means unless he wanted to be found. The Steward, a title he was gifted by the whispers and rumors that were said when others thought they would not reach his ears. He was an enigmatic and reclusive man, but for those who paid attention his hand was clear all over the temple. Such was the mark he left, a man of power that didn’t brandish it around or spoke of to bring attention to himself.

He didn’t bow, but his tone was respectful “How may I help you?” He handed over the tablet like device “I took the liberty of bringing this, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the map as it is easy to find one’s self lost within the temple.

He then clasped his hands behind his back waiting quietly once the device was taken, listening for the man’s reasons for seeking him out.
      -Click sig for profile-

For duels I like to use a dice roller, this can help us with who comes out the victor in an easier way.
      Makes things more by chance than predetermined, less mess.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus didn't expect the Sith Lord to be well...normal looking. The robes spoke of high rank though the only thing really noticeable were the ruby colored eyes. A soft smile crept to his lips as the Lord handed him a tablet like device. Looking through it the Sith Apprentice then handed it back. On this particular day he didn't need it. True, somethings had changed about the temple, but, there were other things that remained the same. The overall layout of the temple remained the same. When he'd visited his personal quarters they were covered with a layer or two of dust, but otherwise alright. He'd taken the time to clean everything off yesterday and then spent the rest of the day going through his inventory of everything in his room. As he'd finished he went through the list of Masters. Which is where he found Nova's name. Asking around he heard a few stories of the ruby eyed Sith Lord and how he didn't really make too big a name for himself. Just kinda sat and watched everything unfold. Which was something that Marcus did on his own. Sure, when Ket was around he brandished his name in a few things here and there. Though it wasn't his particular style. He believed Ket only picked him because of his relation to his cousin Jacob.

Either way it had been long enough that he'd figured he would return to the place where he could gain knowledge. Therefore gain strength in said knowledge. The other things would come when he felt them necessary to. Not that Marcus was all about power. Not in the least! He was about learning...gaining strength from learning everything he could. Whether it be the Force or just some off hand skill he had no idea about. To the Apprentice, learning what you could meant you could fend for yourself and not rely on others. But, there were times that one couldn't do everything alone. That much he knew. If he could do things himself and if the need arose to call on others, then so be it. Till then, Marcus would rather learn and do things himself. It's what he had to do when he was a little kid. Fend for himself since his parents were too busy wrapped up in their own work. Too busy to spend any time with their one and only son. No matter. They were dead now as much of the Murano clan were. Then again, he had other cousins. Though he personally didn't know them. They were Jacob's kids and he could care less about knowing them. If they crossed paths, then so be it. Although if they didn't, then he'd be fine with that too. Marcus was here for one reason. To see if he could get Nova's attention enough to take him as his student.

"You may. Although the datapad isn't necessary. I know my way enough through here." Marcus said inclining his head enough to respect the Sith Lord, "Some things remain the same...but some things do change indeed. Seems like ages since I've been here."

Marcus looked to one of the shelves for a moment before looking back at the Sith Lord. Though Marcus wasn't exactly tall, he stood just under six feet. His cousin Jacob however was as tall as any of the Murano's in the family. Well over six feet he towered over Marcus and the Apprentice didn't care. Just because someone was tall and menacing that didn't mean they couldn't fall just as easily. Nearly on eye level with the Sith Lord in front of him, the Apprentice took note of how Nova carried himself. He didn't seem the type to boast about his title, his power he held in the Dark Side. No, the ruby eyed Sith Lord carried himself rather normal. Though a hint of the Imperial accent gave way to a noble presence. Didn't bother Marcus however. Nova didn't seem to be a stuck up noble in his eyes. He'd met one or two and they acted snobby. Then again he'd met one who wasn't snobby. Title in that regard was just that. A title. She acted normal as anyone on the street. But, the Sith Apprentice didn't go by his name at that time. He'd went by an alias. The story being that he was already dead in an 'accident' nearly a year ago. Since then he'd taken the time to make sure loose ends were tied up before he returned to learn once more. Marcus knew he'd need the knowledge at some point. He could only go so far with what he'd learned from Ket.

"I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me. I'll get to the chase." He said with a nod then continued, "I have heard a few stories here and there since I've returned. Not every day one must fake their death to get something off their back. Anyways...I have heard your not...well...a typical Sith. Something I'm not either. An Apprentice I may be, but, I'm not one who boasts about anything. I'd rather do things behind the scenes...take note of everything. Then when the opportunity presents itself then make my mark. I wish to learn what I can and if you'd be willing to teach me, Lord Nova?"

Signature & Avatar Artist
      From Hell's Heart I Stab at Thee!
      The stabbity one
      Mood:
      Amused

Thumbs Up
      Received: 25

0 Not allowed!
      Nova listened quietly, not taking the holotab back when it was handed over. His hands stayed put as he took the man in along with his words. “If you are not a braggart, why then mention how you ‘faked your own death’ when really? Something like that of a personal nature, isn’t any of my business. You tote about being ‘different’ and yet I see nothing about you that is remarkable or that sets you apart from a half dozen other apprentices. So far you’ve told me you don’t fit in and you ran away from a problem. Anything else?

The Lord before him was not one who was easily impressed, in fact he found what he said to be rather uninteresting and it showed in his tone. He was testing Marcus, waiting to see what else the man had to show. His slipping in his fake death and then remarking he didn’t brag, was a casual lie. If he had said nothing and remarked he wasn’t one to brag, that would have been honest. It was a flaw that was easily shown to the man, something to stir a reaction. Marcus wasn’t the first to have had things pulled apart so.

Nova could be an aggravating person to go to because few people liked holes poked into their statements. The whole ‘I am different and so are you, train me!’ speeches always left the ruby eyed Lord bored. Still, he hadn’t walked away and dismissed him, so Marcus still could prove himself.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus then smirked, "Because I had to mention the reason I had to depart from here. What was I supposed to stand in the open and get shot? The only way to escape was to fashion the supposed death. Though I'm sure you'd find that I carefully planned it. Took the time to literally fake it. Cut lines...time it where the shuttle would be outside the city enough to not cause much casualty. Though far enough towards it where emergency crews would have seen the explosion. It took careful planning, Lord Nova. Those hunting me wouldn't have stopped and there were many of them that I couldn't take on my own." Marcus said as he figured he'd need to elaborate on the subject.

In truth he wasn't bragging, at least not to him it wasn't. One should be surprised by how he carefully orchestrated the whole thing. It took a lot of planning. There was a lot of observation on many of the shuttles that he had to consider. Figuring out which shuttle left which day. Looking through records and observing others as they came and went on it. There was a lot that he didn't need to explain about it. Just the main points that would be considered by some that might be clever. True the ones who were hunting him went in a pack. They knew he was Force sensitive. Even Marcus wasn't foolish to just take them on lightsaber blazing. That would have spelled death quickly. For a Sith Lord no, but, for him it would have. He knew that much. Marcus thought he'd be honest about himself. Show Nova that he wasn't some bragging type. All he was doing was explaining his absence and what he did to get back here. Filling the blanks in would come at a much later time. There were more pressing matters at hand.

"Either way. I won't bore you with the rest. Careful planning was what made the plan come into action. Was quite easy when a shuttle full of people don't notice you slip out the back. Set off charges and the ones who were hunting you on board die in the crash. All I did was plant my DNA there. Everyone on that shuttle combusted into dust. Nothing left. Then all I needed to do was make my way back to Munto Codru. Got lost on the way. Had to make my way back myself. No matter." Marcus said waving his hand, "I learned what I could from Ket before I departed. I wish to learn more then what he'd taught me. Some things I know not of in the Sith."