• Tired
  • Twisted
  • VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 0
      Given: 0

Seeking the keeper of the Archives(Nova)

0 Not allowed!
      Returning just recently Marcus knew he had much to catch up on regarding the Sith Empire. Being gone for along as he had, which was a few years, a lot had transpired in his absence. His former Master Ket Van-Derveld had disappeared. Lor knows where exactly that much he knew. Frell, it seemed everyone he'd known before his departure into the regions of space had disappeared. Marcus didn't know what to think of that. Either way he'd persevere through it all. If he needed to find another Master to teach him, then so be it. Which is exactly what he was doing now. Traversing through the halls of the temple, Marcus wandered through looking around. Seems like things had changed and the temple in which the Sith occupied had not. Knowing his way around like the back of his hand even though he'd been gone all that time. Smiling he played the events of everything before returning through his head. How he'd been chased down by hunters who'd been hired by his cousin, Jacob. It was on Chandrila that they'd found him. Not that Marcus cared if they'd found him. He had his abilities to a point, but, he didn't need them to help him in that regard. The younger Sith had found a means to make it appear that he'd died. Days prior to the 'accident' that killed him, although supposedly, he'd rigged the train that he knew would carry him. Severing brake lines, cutting fuel to it. Things like that. Knowing where it would go was another means he'd looked up prior to it.

The young Sith was quite smart. Planning ahead in all the aspects of his 'departure'. The train he'd be carried on didn't leave until the next day. Knowing he was watched he did manage to slip by the hunters chasing after him. His cousin thought he was smart to have them take him down. Why did his cousin do it you ask? Because Marcus was a Sith and Jacob wasn't wanting some Sith out and about in the galaxy causing havoc to others. Not that Marcus was anything typical. No, Marcus was calculating. Standing in the shadows and waiting...plotting...seeking opportunity when it arose. How did Marcus manage to get into the station undetected? Simple. The maintenance crew shut the cameras and holos off at a certain time of day, which was the late evening, to go through their usual maintenance of the systems. See if there was any glitches, or bugs, as per their schedule. Marcus knew this as simple as he knew his own hands. It didn't take rocket science to know that. All he did was slip past guards and run straight into the station. There was a timer he had to go by. A fifteen minute one. Severing the lines and messing with systems he did these because they were simple to hack into. Now, the part about rigging it to explode...that was rather more complex. He had to set charges at certain parts of the train as it were. When set they'd explode making it look like a malfunction occurred. That he had to figure out through research. Took a month or more to find out where exactly to set them so it'd appear that way. But, he learned how to and figured it out. It made him grin though doing what he did.

Marcus went on his scheduled ride that next day. The detonator in hand. Seeing the hunters on board the said tram to take him out when they had an opportunity. Not many were on that tram which was a good thing for Marcus. Even though casualties or not it didn't matter. All he knew was that he needed to get going out the back. Floating a few feet above the ground as it traveled the Sith Apprentice then slowly made his way to the back. Watching for those who'd been tracking him he saw that they didn't notice him at the time. Smiling he kept moving slowly and once he'd reached the back, opened the door. Looking down at the ground, the Sith then jumped and rolled onto the ground. Chuckling as the tram went forward, Marcus then watched it leave. Once it got within view of the city, he then pushed the detonator and set off the explosion. Perfect! Exploding and crashing into the ground it looked as though a malfunction happened and once the fuel lines had ignited it sent the cars flying into different directions. Killing anyone aboard. Nothing was left of anything organic. Anyone in there was literally combusted into nothing but ash.

As the Apprentice traversed the halls and settled to the Archives, he opened the door slowly. From what he'd heard Lord Nova was the keeper of the said Archives. Glancing around the young Apprentice then noted the furnishings and nodded in approval. He had to admit it was much better looking then the last time he was in here when Ket was his Master. Everything neatly stacked, ready to be plucked and taken off the shelves. Running his finger along the table it was free of any sort of dust. Rubbing them together he then noted it cleanliness and chuckled if only a little. Again, he had to admit it was quite nice in here. Clean that he could eat off the floor. Which he looked down and saw how spotless it was there too. Looking around the shelves he tried spotting the Sith Lord. Going up a few rows of shelves he then peered around the corners. Nope, no one there either. Shrugging his shoulders he figured he could find him in here if he maybe said something.

"Lord Nova? Hello?" Marcus stated loud enough for anyone to hear, but not so loud it would disturb anyone.

Gives Chase With Sharp Knives Brandished
      Likes To Stab With Knives And Words
      Post Monster: The Ever Hungry
      Sharp Pointy Death
      Mood:
      Amused

Thumbs Up
      Received: 26

0 Not allowed!
      The work it took keeping everything in order was something of a personal touch to the ruby eyed Lord. He had droids to do things when he wasn’t around, but for Nova he found pleasure in walking the rows of shelves. Of all the places within the temple, he had put the most work into the Archives. It was a personal conquest, something that had grown over time into what it was now and he was very proud of it. Granted, no one knew this of course, Nova hid any attachment and the few kernels of pride lest someone come along and ruin it out of spite. He had been sitting reading a new acquisition for the accumulated lore when he felt the presence of someone enter.

It wasn’t an uncommon thing, though infrequent given the time of night so he took note and set the scroll aside to shift out of the chair to stand. He smoothed his robes with a sigh, duty after all was first priority and this person had the flavor of ‘new’ to the sea of lights that was the temple. He hadn’t felt this presence before which meant they must be new to the temple. He walked to an office in the back, pulling down a small holo-tab and walking out with it. A new Disciple would need one of these and even if this one wasn’t ‘new’ there were changes to the temple that hadn’t been in years past. Renovations, restorations, repairs and a host of other mundane things that he had overseen throughout the years.

“Lord Nova? Hello?”

He heard the query as he came from behind the shelf, a reply would be unnecessary given his arrival. Nova strode up as an even pace so the stranger could easily see him. The ruby eyed Lord was not an imposing sight, he stood at six foot even and was a lithe one hundred and eighty pounds. His age was hard to determine, but dressed in the robes of rank he looked older than he was. His ink black hair was cut short and framed his face, but it was his eyes that would be the most noteworthy. The color of rubies lit from behind, keen sight that seemed to look into and measure a person to the depths they would hide. He had narrow aristocratic features and when he spoke he had the clipped refined Imperial accent of one who stood among the nobility instead of those below. His posture was straight, his movements graceful and with purpose. While he wasn’t physically imposing, it was these other things that made most anxious when caught in his gaze.

One might think he was in his early thirties when he was in fact in his mid twenties, young for a Lord, his rise to power saw him in his late teens back when the rank structure was four tiers instead of three. In fact, back then it had been unheard of for someone that young to rise so. There was nothing to his signature, his aura hidden out of habit which made it hard to find him by those of lesser means unless he wanted to be found. The Steward, a title he was gifted by the whispers and rumors that were said when others thought they would not reach his ears. He was an enigmatic and reclusive man, but for those who paid attention his hand was clear all over the temple. Such was the mark he left, a man of power that didn’t brandish it around or spoke of to bring attention to himself.

He didn’t bow, but his tone was respectful “How may I help you?” He handed over the tablet like device “I took the liberty of bringing this, I suggest you familiarize yourself with the map as it is easy to find one’s self lost within the temple.

He then clasped his hands behind his back waiting quietly once the device was taken, listening for the man’s reasons for seeking him out.

-Click sig for profile-

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus didn't expect the Sith Lord to be well...normal looking. The robes spoke of high rank though the only thing really noticeable were the ruby colored eyes. A soft smile crept to his lips as the Lord handed him a tablet like device. Looking through it the Sith Apprentice then handed it back. On this particular day he didn't need it. True, somethings had changed about the temple, but, there were other things that remained the same. The overall layout of the temple remained the same. When he'd visited his personal quarters they were covered with a layer or two of dust, but otherwise alright. He'd taken the time to clean everything off yesterday and then spent the rest of the day going through his inventory of everything in his room. As he'd finished he went through the list of Masters. Which is where he found Nova's name. Asking around he heard a few stories of the ruby eyed Sith Lord and how he didn't really make too big a name for himself. Just kinda sat and watched everything unfold. Which was something that Marcus did on his own. Sure, when Ket was around he brandished his name in a few things here and there. Though it wasn't his particular style. He believed Ket only picked him because of his relation to his cousin Jacob.

Either way it had been long enough that he'd figured he would return to the place where he could gain knowledge. Therefore gain strength in said knowledge. The other things would come when he felt them necessary to. Not that Marcus was all about power. Not in the least! He was about learning...gaining strength from learning everything he could. Whether it be the Force or just some off hand skill he had no idea about. To the Apprentice, learning what you could meant you could fend for yourself and not rely on others. But, there were times that one couldn't do everything alone. That much he knew. If he could do things himself and if the need arose to call on others, then so be it. Till then, Marcus would rather learn and do things himself. It's what he had to do when he was a little kid. Fend for himself since his parents were too busy wrapped up in their own work. Too busy to spend any time with their one and only son. No matter. They were dead now as much of the Murano clan were. Then again, he had other cousins. Though he personally didn't know them. They were Jacob's kids and he could care less about knowing them. If they crossed paths, then so be it. Although if they didn't, then he'd be fine with that too. Marcus was here for one reason. To see if he could get Nova's attention enough to take him as his student.

"You may. Although the datapad isn't necessary. I know my way enough through here." Marcus said inclining his head enough to respect the Sith Lord, "Some things remain the same...but some things do change indeed. Seems like ages since I've been here."

Marcus looked to one of the shelves for a moment before looking back at the Sith Lord. Though Marcus wasn't exactly tall, he stood just under six feet. His cousin Jacob however was as tall as any of the Murano's in the family. Well over six feet he towered over Marcus and the Apprentice didn't care. Just because someone was tall and menacing that didn't mean they couldn't fall just as easily. Nearly on eye level with the Sith Lord in front of him, the Apprentice took note of how Nova carried himself. He didn't seem the type to boast about his title, his power he held in the Dark Side. No, the ruby eyed Sith Lord carried himself rather normal. Though a hint of the Imperial accent gave way to a noble presence. Didn't bother Marcus however. Nova didn't seem to be a stuck up noble in his eyes. He'd met one or two and they acted snobby. Then again he'd met one who wasn't snobby. Title in that regard was just that. A title. She acted normal as anyone on the street. But, the Sith Apprentice didn't go by his name at that time. He'd went by an alias. The story being that he was already dead in an 'accident' nearly a year ago. Since then he'd taken the time to make sure loose ends were tied up before he returned to learn once more. Marcus knew he'd need the knowledge at some point. He could only go so far with what he'd learned from Ket.

"I appreciate you taking the time to speak with me. I'll get to the chase." He said with a nod then continued, "I have heard a few stories here and there since I've returned. Not every day one must fake their death to get something off their back. Anyways...I have heard your not...well...a typical Sith. Something I'm not either. An Apprentice I may be, but, I'm not one who boasts about anything. I'd rather do things behind the scenes...take note of everything. Then when the opportunity presents itself then make my mark. I wish to learn what I can and if you'd be willing to teach me, Lord Nova?"

Sharp Pointy Death
      Mood:
      Amused

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Nova listened quietly, not taking the holotab back when it was handed over. His hands stayed put as he took the man in along with his words. “If you are not a braggart, why then mention how you ‘faked your own death’ when really? Something like that of a personal nature, isn’t any of my business. You tote about being ‘different’ and yet I see nothing about you that is remarkable or that sets you apart from a half dozen other apprentices. So far you’ve told me you don’t fit in and you ran away from a problem. Anything else?

The Lord before him was not one who was easily impressed, in fact he found what he said to be rather uninteresting and it showed in his tone. He was testing Marcus, waiting to see what else the man had to show. His slipping in his fake death and then remarking he didn’t brag, was a casual lie. If he had said nothing and remarked he wasn’t one to brag, that would have been honest. It was a flaw that was easily shown to the man, something to stir a reaction. Marcus wasn’t the first to have had things pulled apart so.

Nova could be an aggravating person to go to because few people liked holes poked into their statements. The whole ‘I am different and so are you, train me!’ speeches always left the ruby eyed Lord bored. Still, he hadn’t walked away and dismissed him, so Marcus still could prove himself.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus then smirked, "Because I had to mention the reason I had to depart from here. What was I supposed to stand in the open and get shot? The only way to escape was to fashion the supposed death. Though I'm sure you'd find that I carefully planned it. Took the time to literally fake it. Cut lines...time it where the shuttle would be outside the city enough to not cause much casualty. Though far enough towards it where emergency crews would have seen the explosion. It took careful planning, Lord Nova. Those hunting me wouldn't have stopped and there were many of them that I couldn't take on my own." Marcus said as he figured he'd need to elaborate on the subject.

In truth he wasn't bragging, at least not to him it wasn't. One should be surprised by how he carefully orchestrated the whole thing. It took a lot of planning. There was a lot of observation on many of the shuttles that he had to consider. Figuring out which shuttle left which day. Looking through records and observing others as they came and went on it. There was a lot that he didn't need to explain about it. Just the main points that would be considered by some that might be clever. True the ones who were hunting him went in a pack. They knew he was Force sensitive. Even Marcus wasn't foolish to just take them on lightsaber blazing. That would have spelled death quickly. For a Sith Lord no, but, for him it would have. He knew that much. Marcus thought he'd be honest about himself. Show Nova that he wasn't some bragging type. All he was doing was explaining his absence and what he did to get back here. Filling the blanks in would come at a much later time. There were more pressing matters at hand.

"Either way. I won't bore you with the rest. Careful planning was what made the plan come into action. Was quite easy when a shuttle full of people don't notice you slip out the back. Set off charges and the ones who were hunting you on board die in the crash. All I did was plant my DNA there. Everyone on that shuttle combusted into dust. Nothing left. Then all I needed to do was make my way back to Munto Codru. Got lost on the way. Had to make my way back myself. No matter." Marcus said waving his hand, "I learned what I could from Ket before I departed. I wish to learn more then what he'd taught me. Some things I know not of in the Sith."

Sharp Pointy Death
      Mood:
      Amused

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Nova watched the man as he spoke wondering idly if he was some kind of idiot. He had thought he had made it clear that he hadn’t cared one whit. “No one cared that you had left, no one noticed your passing and no one even cares the how or why of your return. It is very clear however that you delight in pointless destruction, much like your former teacher and the rest of his family.

There was certainly no love for the Van-Dervelds in the ruby eyed Lord. “Did you give any consideration for the lives that relied on that train? The lives you decided to end just to preserve yours? How does that benefit the Sith? Your thoughtlessness brings what, some poorly trained disciple back to the ranks and thus more work for someone to retrain you out of those habits?

Nova scoffed “Frankly we would have been better served had a Lord or Master returned to the ranks than you. At least then they are immediately useful instead of the time it will take you to gain rank. Supposing of course that you stick around long enough for that work to matter, given your penchant for absence already."

The ruby eyed Lord had a reputation for cutting people to the bone with words. In fact it was often said that a beating is preferable to getting verbally cut to bits, the sting doesn’t last as long. If Marcus had stopped talking after the first time he would have been better off, but he had stubbornly kept going. He certainly wasn’t winning any approval.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus snorted, "Apparently nobody cares, yes. Though with dwindling numbers we have...the more who return the better right?"

True the destruction wasn't necessary. Though in truth it was to him and if Nova couldn't see that then oh well. Sure, Marcus could have went on to say that the shuttle was going to be decommissioned anyways in the next few months but he wouldn't elaborate on that subject. To him, it seemed that anything he said didn't really make any notion to the Sith Lord at all. Sure he had to guess that Ket or any Van-Derveld weren't around anymore and for that he was kinda upset. His first Master had gone to wherever it was and nobody saw him again. Sure he was left to his own devices and that alone made him hone such skills he had. But Marcus wished to keep learning. Find something else that he could study. Knowledge itself to him was power. That knowing what one could do and press to the limits on them and if he had to delve into anything and everything to prepare himself for whatever lie ahead then so be it. For now, it appeared, that he wasn't getting anywhere. At that moment he may as well have walked into the open and gotten killed. Maybe he'd be better off.

"I had yes. It was necessary. There will always be someone on one of those shuttles or trains or whatever...there is no escaping that! Not even you would be able to escape taking someone's life with that. I don't command such use of the Force as you do! I had to find other ways to deal with this! What would you have done? Marcus said his anger rising some as Nova scoffed at him to which then he regained his composure, I just wish to learn. I don't need 'retraining' or whatever it was you said. I am who I am just as you are who you are. We are alike in a way. Knowledge is what we seek. That is our true power."

As Nova spoke of the Sith being better served having a Lord or Master return instead of him he grit his teeth. He'd heard the numbers of the Sith had waxed and waned off an on through his absence. As of now they were dwindling in ways and if his return could be helpful then it would be so. If not, he could just disappear and find somewhere else. He could never be a Jedi. Marcus was too far into the dark to be redeemed in that instance. No, he was always a product of the darkness and that is what he'd remain. If anything he would keep to himself and seek to ruin the Sith anyways possible. Even going as far as to alert any other enemies of the Sith to their world and watch them burn. Being the case if it ever came to that. Oh he would totally seek to ruin them. Any and all of them.

"You've been where I am in terms of the Force...I've recently heard a few tales of who your Master...teacher...whatever you'd call him. He guided you into something. Sure, everyone has a different personality but still he taught you all he could. Then let you do what you wanted with such knowledge." Marcus said then shrugged and headed towards the door, "But, I'm not gonna waste time anymore. If you always find something to point out among people...some flaw...weakness...whatever it is...then you can't delve into what is strongest. Look within yourself before you cast that upon everyone else. No wonder your students left you if you treat them like this all the time.
      Not that you should pity me...or I should pity you. There has to be some sense of comradeship between all of us. Sith we are...but...it's a new age. We can't keep backstabbing one another. The Jedi will more then likely see that we are infighting and then take us all down. While we fight one another we'll also have to fight them at the same moment. I'm not gonna be fighting among fellow brothers and sisters...I'm gonna be fighting alongside them against anyone else who wishes harm to us. But...I've wasted enough time."

Shrugging again he then turned and walked towards the door. He wasn't gonna be looked down upon. Not ever again. Especially with his own family doing so most of his life. The Murano family had it's demons yes, but, Marcus' parents were the laughingstock of the family. No more would he let his older cousin Jacob keep that tradition. There would be a time where he would turn the tables on that. Even if it meant destroying everything his dear cousin loved. Meaning his own second cousins to do so. While he walked out he then curled his lips into a smile thinking of how he could get back at his cousin. In due time he figured. It would happen, with much careful thought and planning.

Sharp Pointy Death
      Mood:
      Amused

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      So. You think one’s teacher shouldn’t point out flaws? You came to me seeking teaching so you could get ‘revenge’ on your family. Not for a general thirst to learn, your motivations are worthless."

It wasn’t so much that he had read Marcus’ mind, it was the brush of surface thoughts, but more importantly the ‘flavor’ of emotions, that Nova caught. Most force users, specifically Sith, didn’t discipline their minds enough not to allow someone with an affinity for mental based gifts to ‘sample’ what flakes off at random.

Out of habit the ruby eyed Lord picked up on these things organically unless he intentionally walled himself off from what he considered ‘mental rubbish’. “If you can’t stand being challenged thus, you will find yourself having a hard time finding a teacher."

With that Nova turned and started pacing the shelves looking for anything else that was out of order before he got to fixing that. If the man chose to follow, so be it, but the ruby eyed Lord wasn’t going to stand around. If he wished to leave, he wasn’t going to give chase. If he stayed however, he would have proved he could stand up to how Nova chose to teach.

What set the Lord apart was the fact that he made his students think and above all, control themselves. He didn’t teach to the ‘might makes right’ mentality that was so pervasive within the order. Which meant every decision, every action, was picked apart and the flaws laid bare. He wasn’t above letting his own students pick his own choices apart either, but few did. Fewer even rose to become his students. After all, his way didn’t suit those who couldn’t accept that they could be wrong.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus stopped before he opened the door. Turning his head towards the Sith Lord he then shook his head. Apparently he'd read his mind whether he wanted or not. Such was invasive and he didn't like others invading his own thoughts. Marcus didn't project them out like some mistakenly did. No, he was much smarter then letting surface things dwindle outward. If Nova had read his thoughts it was a violation of his own privacy. But, he then walked back slowly over to where the Sith Lord stood. Sure he was upset that apparently Nova had violated his private thoughts but could he really prove he did? No.

"It's not nice to invade someone's thoughts you know. I don't want revenge only, your quite mistaken. I want to learn. Revenge will come when I plan it. When the time is right." He said then pointed out, "Sure, point out my flaws. But why don't you have someone point out yours."

Looking to the shelves he then shook his head again. True, he did like a challenge but if someone was gonna look down on him that was one thing. In truth to him didn't matter if you were an Apprentice or a Master just because of the Force you shouldn't look down on someone. Regardless of who they were. Everyone was flesh and blood. You can die by conventional means. Oh sure the Force allowed them to divert the ways of death and even delay such a thing. Though at some point or another everything and everyone would die. Or else be reborn. Just depended on what occurred. Clones were one thing, though going through one's natural life was quite another. Marcus couldn't stand people looking down their nose at him like he was beneath them. To him everyone was equal even through the ways of the Force.

"I do like a challenge...just don't look down your nose at me. That's all I really ask. We're all flesh and blood. You can die...I can die...anything that's organic will die. It's the way I see it. Just because you know more of the Force then I do doesn't give you a right to treat me like I'm beneath you. That your some immortal god." He said folding his arms across his chest.

Sharp Pointy Death
      Mood:
      Amused

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Nova looked up and snorted “I did not read your mind. You, like many others leak thoughts and emotions. Imagine thoughts and emotions popping out of your head like popcorn. These thoughts or feelings can be picked up by someone sensitive enough, myself as an example. A disciplined mind, with time, will cease to throw around random rubbish for others to witness. It is the equivalent to walking around muttering or talking to yourself. If you want to keep it private, learn to keep quiet.

Nova of course, as part of being the Sith Archivist, kept just enough of his mind aware to these ‘mental mutterings’ so that he could more effectively serve those that come into the library. He wasn’t one to try and snoop into the innermost parts of a person, it was too much work and most of what he might find would be utterly worthless. “My statement wasn’t a mistake either, revenge is a worthless goal. In the long run it is short sighted and by the end it wastes all the effort it took to take it. You should instead train yourself and use this person as the means to test yourself. Keeping them alive would serve better for with time you will grow past them and when you do they cease to be important.

In a way, that was the best kind of revenge and the most meaningful. All the work to go into plotting revenge could instead be harnessed everywhere and if an ‘enemy’ ceased to be a challenge, it meant the problem too was gone. The ruby eyed Lord sighed shaking his head “I am not above others questioning me and telling me what I have done wrong. However, until you are familiar enough with me, I suggest you spend more time learning what I can teach you, how I am teaching you, than trying to teach me. Otherwise you will miss something important.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus shrugged, "Good point. Guess I haven't been around enough Force users to keep things like that from happening."

In a way it seemed he might have let those thoughts out whether he wanted to or not. The Sith Lord had a good point. If he had taken the time to keep himself from letting the thoughts like that go maybe Nova wouldn't have picked up on the things he'd said in his mind. To which the ruby eyed Lord then spoke of revenge being pointless. Canting his head he listened while Nova spoke of Marcus going above and beyond those who he sees as his enemy. Sure, killing them may bring an end to something, but, doesn't mean that it'll serve anything later. If he got rid of his cousins sure he'd feel like he accomplished something. Though would he really? Would that end the problem itself? More then likely not. In a way Nova had brought up something that Marcus hadn't thought about. The Apprentice might plot and calculate ways to get rid of his opposition, but in the end, all he would have done was wasted precious time. Time spent to learning and delving into things that interested him.

Nodding in turn, Marcus had to give it to the Sith Lord, he was making his point. The Apprentice would see that Nova had much more of a point then he thought. Sure, when he first ran into Nova not more then what seemed moments ago he felt the ruby eyed Sith was just being a mere jerk. Being overly critical of Marcus and stomping on his accomplishments and what he had went through to get back. Moving past that whole thing he could see what Nova had in mind and what the Sith Lord thought of revenge. In a way, Marcus felt that he could learn more from Nova then he ever would from Ket. Sure, Ket and his cousin had history, but, that was long gone now. It was time that Marcus grew beyond what his former master had taught him. Time to learn and grow more without him. No longer did he need the pointless and frivolous musings of a wolf.

"I apologize for not seeing your point initially." Marcus said apologizing, "You do have a very good point on revenge and the like. I'm willing to spend time learning and in that time become better then those I seek the revenge on. As you said it is a worthless goal. If I had achieved it...what would I do then? Squander time and energy being put to better use. That is what would happen."

Marcus then apologized once more, "I also apologize for lashing out at you. I'm used to...the musings and such of a wolf. His barking at me claiming that I would be the leader of the pack...so to speak. Not what I aim to be anymore."

Sharp Pointy Death
      Mood:
      Amused

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Nova scoffed “The same trope taught by far too many. The whole ‘you must rise to the top and prove your superiority as you do so and keep doing so after you get there’ stupidity. A person who constantly has to drive his fist into people’s faces to prove he is superior and to gain leadership, shows instead he is insecure and merely a bully. The history of the Sith is the violent rise and violent replacement of one bully by another. It is the reason we have so many ‘enemies’ and too few allies. It is the reason we have no real foothold and influence in the galaxy. It is also the reason we have no unity. We perpetuate the same useless theme over and over and do nothing that lasts. Only the bones of the past remain, looted and fragmented. That is our true legacy, a legacy that people forget in favor of glorious past slaughter and yearn for the day when they too can raze planets and peoples to the ground. What is worse? The code of the Sith, does not say to do this. Passion is far too often interpreted as anger, as license to slaughter.

The ruby eyed Lord shook his head “In any case… What were you taught in terms of how to tap into and manipulate the Force?

He could have gone at length on the subject of the Sith’s failures and foolishness. He didn’t because frankly this wasn’t the time or place for such discussions. Instead he focused on finding out what Marcus knew so he could teach him appropriately. He seriously doubted that Marcus had been taught more than a few skills and even then, probably poorly. What he knew of Ket, patience wasn’t his strong suit.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus nodded accordingly. Nova did bring up a good point on the code. In truth he saw it differently then most and he knew that passion meant to him what he wanted it to be. Passion for what he wanted. If that was money, then fine. Someone to love, of course it was another. Passion was whatever you wanted it to be. If it was anger or slaughter then fine. Many could take it with what Nova said as means to just slaughter in rage or pure anger. Sure, that was fine but what happened when you had nothing to be angry at? Then what? Throw in the towel and just lay there until something came along and made you feel such anger once more. Anger was a good weapon of sorts but that wasn't the only weapon that could be utilized. It was just a baser instinct and one that wouldn't lead anywhere to him at least. There was more to things then just pure anger. Hatred was another. Something he felt towards members of his own clan. The Murano family in general. Fear of the unknown at times. Sure, the unknown could be a good thing and sometimes bad. But to Marcus, anxiety and fear could go hand in hand. Something he felt at times and through that fear he would overcome things that he wanted to overcome. Like his fear of the wolf. Or wolves for that matter.

"Passion is whatever you want it to be in my opinion. Be it monetary gain, or anything that makes you feel alive. Anger is fine in small doses but anger is just too baser of an instinct. I have things that anger me, and things that I hate. Do I let that control my every move? No. Do I fear things? Of course. There is more to it then just anger and all that."

When asked what he'd learned from Ket he then thought for a moment. The wolf Sith Lord had taught him how to harness the Dark Side through fear, and his hatred of his own family. Sure, that worked, and if Marcus had known better he wouldn't have been as fearful of the wolf then he was when he first began his journey into darkness. Nova had spoken of the failures of the Sith and that alone made him wanna do better then what the past Sith had done. He needed allies, and if anything they needed unity as a whole. Their enemies whether domestic or internal would latch on to such weakness and make their foothold or any sort of thing they did mean nothing. In truth, Marcus wanted to learn other ways to harness the Dark Side then through fear and hatred. He wanted to learn more then what that wolf had taught him. How foolish he'd been to think that he'd learned anything at all from him.

"The wolf had taught me through fear. Fear of what he'd do to me. That and taught me to harness the darkness through my hatred. Of my familial ties of course. Though in truth, I was foolish to learn anything at all from him. I wanna learn to harness the Dark Side through other means then just fear and hatred alone. He'd taught me basics of things. Like using a lightsaber. If I failed my first attempt he usually choked me till I was unconscious. That put my fear into the whole equation. Though in truth I hated him as well. How he made me feel beneath him because he was 'a wolf'. That I was beneath him for being human." Marcus said while he spat the last sentence out.