Making Jedi cool since
      a long time ago in a galaxy
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up
      Received: 39
      Given: 16

General Lessons/Lessons in General(Open to Padawans)

0 Not allowed!
      Sitting in the middle of the biggest training Dojo was something that Caltin hadn't done in a long time. He had stopped taking Padawans long ago as he was following personal quests and issues that needed to be resolved. That hadn't changed to this point, but he was still here doing something. He was going to do something that was done when he himself was a Padawan. No, this would not be a re-occurring thing, probably not; but it would be something that would help those that don't know how to get started, or those who need clarification on something.

Clasping his hands together, the Massive Jedi Master waited. No, this event of his was unannounced, but it was his hope that he could pique the curiosity of those who needed someone to teach them the most. Arrogant? Maybe, but unintentional. Well meaning? Definitely. He knew what it was like to feel alone here. He didn't wish that on anyone.

OOC: Okay, this is not the old "Masterless Padawan" classes that Tessa put together, this is anything from teaching a lesson to "Q & A" about the Enclave. If your character has a question? Needs to learn something? Want to do it IC? Bring them here. PM me before joining so I can explain how things need to go (logistics, not IC stuff).
      Last edited by Caltin Vanagor; 01-12-2018 at 01:35 PM.

You have power over your mind, not outside events.
      Realize this and you will find strength.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 3
      Given: 7

0 Not allowed!
      With all the changes that the temple and relocation to another world had taken the past few years, Masiri had still remained the same. Needing a mentor now, she had heard that one master was still available and she straightened her Padawan tunic on her way to the dojo. Having been at this current level now for some time, she wasn't begrudging anyone for going where the Force led them. She had learned a lot since arriving at the temple on Yavin VIII, those who had taken her under their wing having passed on a lot of wisdom. This man she was now heading to see being one. Their trip to Ilum having taught her a lot about herself, the usually sheepish Jedi was starting to come into her own.

Some would say it was about time.

Opening the door, dark eyes fixed on the large master, his strong features otherwise kind and open to passing on what he had learned over the many years he had served the Jedi Order. Nearing him, she bowed respectfully and clasped her tanned fingers together. "Master," the otherwise quiet voice called out. "I was told that you were training today and I've only gained half of my required abilities as a Padawan. I was hoping you could help me with that, sir."

Thanks Satkia

Making Jedi cool since
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Hey there!

He saw her come in and stood for a moment. It surprised Caltin to see that she was here, and that she may need assistance. It meant to him that there was more of a need for something like this than he had originally thought. No, the massive Jedi Master was not going to be a savior or anything, he could only do so much...

... that and the last time that I tried to do something like that, it was blown out of proportion...

... but he could help her. Masiri was one who he had seen a great future in, and if he could help her get to it, all the better. Of course he did not want to monopolize the day with one Padawan, so he wouldn't push matters, but they could have a quick session right now. Even it surprised him that someone told her about what he was doing today.

One condition. Don't call me "sir". Of course a wink was coming.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She grinned at the rebuke, though kind one. "I had been raised to respect those that I'm learning from, as well as you being a Master, so it's only fitting," she stated, her respect being more than just lip service. Her father would have her hide if she didn't.

"With Master's Satkia and Amalia gone now, I have quite a bit to catch up on," she added, though much more than Force abilities had been taught by all her masters thus far and she was grateful for all of it. Having only one lightsaber style learned had been more than enough also, Master Caltin being the one that had taught her that as well. A style that had come in handy during their adventure on Ilum with Suri. A trip that seemed like it was just yesterday.

Making Jedi cool since
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Well... He said as he dropped into a leg stretch, almost a lunge.

... let's rectify that. Show and tell time. Use the Force to pull a couple of bottles of Elba Water to your hands. He didn't know what she was capable in, so it might as well be here and now that is a good start.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She noted him limbering up and she suddenly thought she should be doing the same until he gave her a direction, which she then scanned for several bottles and soon found a group of them neatly organized by other Padawans for the dojo, apparently. Focusing her mind, she opened herself to the Force and felt it's power then begin to fill her, then pointed that energy to three bottles which she then imagined a mental hand grabbing. Taking a moment, she concentrated, her brow furrowing lightly as she reached out her left hand and called the bottles of water to her. Within moments, the trio remained close as they slowly began levitating toward her.

Taking several moments to arrive, she relaxed and allowed the Force to work with her as she had been taught. Soon, they were in her hands and she released her hold on the invisible energy which soon faded. Turning to Caltin, she grinned lightly, satisfied that her training hadn't been squandered over the last six years. She then handed him one, in case that also meant that he was actually thirsty. "Did you wish one?"

Making Jedi cool since
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Watching intently, he noted her flow and rhythm. The purpose of this was to see her confidence in her skills, was she out of practice? Rarely did she use the skill? He wanted to see, to know what he was dealing with. As Masiri completed the task, Caltin nodded and stood erect.

Alright. Extending his hand, he had another idea.

Levitate it to me, but let it flip a couple of times.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Nodding, she relaxed once more and then focused on the bottle in her right hand and then imagined it somersaulting toward the master, through the empty air between them. Again, the Force empowered Padawan's face intensified as she not only kept the bottle aloft, but also imagined a finger rotating the bottle end over end, toward Caltin. Taking several moments, the tasks were taxing, but it felt good to exercise her spirit once again in ways that she didn't normally practice them.

Soon, the bottle reached the large, muscled master and then awaited him to take it. Keeping the other two in her left arm, held closely to her body, she forgot everything else but the single, hovering water bottle sloshing around within the clear container.

Making Jedi cool since
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Nodding with approval at her abilities, and more so at her confidence in them, he could sense her focus. He could of course play a game here, and plant a memory of his own from a recent trip to Corellia. The purpose was simple, to test her focus and to have a quiet laugh and a mental "finger wiggle".

Alright. You have the basics down, I can see that. Opening and downing the bottle of water, Caltin reached out through the Force and pulled the oxygen and hydrogen from the air forming water. Slowly he let it fall into the bottle, capping it off with a satisfied grin.

You'll learn that later. Tossing it aside, he went to walk around the center of the floor.

So tell me. How do you view yourself? The Force? Your connection to it? Tell me how you without the code, without the teachings. You.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Once he took the bottle, she relaxed her body and mind once more, then watched in wonder as he refilled what he had drunk, her mouth falling open slightly. She had heard about that ability, as well as others using the elements, but her own studies having never gotten that far. Yet. Nodding, she was eager to learn more and then as he posed his query, she froze. How to answer that?

"I... ah," she stuttered, nervous all of a sudden as she drew a blank. "I am a part of the universe, just like everyone else," she replied, glancing to him and gauged his reaction, and shrugged. After all she had seen and been a part of, losing her parents and hopefully not her twin as well, her life was given meaning when she entered the doors of the temple six years ago. Before that, she was lost. "Nothing more."

Making Jedi cool since
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Alright... I like that. His nod and pat on her back may seem a bit nonchalant to most, but Masiri knew Caltin well enough to know when he was impressed.

We have a duty, we also have a reputation. It's important most of all to remember that sometimes, a porg is just a porg. We live here too. It was just that simple to him, he wasn't the "seek out trouble", "take the fight to worst of them..." type he used to be. Maybe that was why he was so relaxed now, it was good to see that some Jedi picked up on that early on.

So tell me. What type of skill would you like to learn? Something physical? Or something purely of the Force... He wondered, just to make sure that she was on the track she wanted to be on.

We can work on your lightsaber skills too, if you like but that will take some time.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She breathed a sigh of relief at his acceptance of her fairly straightforward, but noncommittal reply. Even though she knew there was a lot more to her than that, it seemed the most basic way to describe one's existence. Listening then to his additional comments on her theory, her mind then shifted gears and brown eyes drifted to the dojo's clean, painted floor. "Something of the Force, I think. I know it's also going to be based on what you know," though she hesitated on that, glancing to him again figuring he probably knew everything by this point.

Masiri grinned at the thought of learning more lightsaber styles, the physical helping her stay in shape and she still had to save her sister in the future. A goal that seemed less likely as the years had gone on. But, she had to try.

Making Jedi cool since
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Her thoughts betrayed her, he sensed her memory of her sister. Caltin thought about asking, but he it would be an invasion of her privacy, besides he wasn't the type to do that, so he let it be something she would come to him for if she desired. To keep the mood rather light, he leaned against a pillar and as Jedi Knight Yoni Bucket was walking by outside, Caltin held out a hand. Suddenly Bucket was frozen in place, he was stunned. Though his body could not move, the Knight gave a rather exasperated look. He knew who it was that was responsible for this...

... mainly because Caltin told him...

~Just teaching a Padawan a new skill. Bear with me, friend.~

Hmmmm... what to teach... what to teach... Do you know how to communicate through the Force?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Brown eyes took in the action and though she had known that many things were possible in the Force, she wasn't sure using something like that on a fellow Jedi was right, but perhaps the context was what she needed to understand. His query then prompted her thoughts in a different direction and she mentally touched him. ~I've learned telepathy from Master Satkia some time ago, actually. ~

She grinned lightly and was glad that she actually remembered how to do that. Not having many avenues to practise these things, today's decision to come and work with the master was a great one.

Making Jedi cool since
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Good...

~Thanks for the assist, Yoni.~

~"I'll stick around if you want..."~

~That would be great, thanks.~

Yoni was often a paranoid clutz, but if he knew what would be going on, he was never above setting himself up for situations like this if it meant helping others learn. Caltin released him amidst their conversation through the Force and turned his robotic eyes to Masiri who was looking on, no doubt wondering if he was being mean to the Jedi Knight outside.

There are times when you might need to utilize the Force in ways that you might not always think about, or even want to. This is why Jedi enter situations with a calm head so that our emotions don't get the better of us. Yes, in the past I have said that having emotions is not the problem, same principle. There are times when you will need to defend yourself through the Force...

~Close your eyes, Yoni...~ The Knight outside soon followed the direction as Caltin reached out through the Force let out a bright flash of light.

This can temporarily blind those in front of you, around you, above you... really anywhere you want it to go. However the weakness is obvious... if one is ready for it, they just need close their eyes. If they are a Sith, quite often the first instinct is to "go for the throat" and choke you through the Force.

~Get ready, I'll be stunning you in a second.~ He smiled as he looked back, only to see two, three, no four young Taun-Tauns toddling up and around Yoni. The knight was now busy petting a couple of them as Caltin reached out and stunned another of the creatures. The initial immobilization shocked the animal but as the massive Jedi Master levitated and rotated the beast around to face him (through the window), the cub recognized him and became rather playful. Caltin then released his little friend to her own devices.

You could stun them. There is the ability to immobilize, but this is more effective, at least to me.
      It also works, as you saw on animals, never to hurt them but to allow an escape.

Turning to her with a smile as he leaned against the pillar one more time, his right hand resting on the side of the pillar, almost purposefully. Wanna try it?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast