• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4
      Given: 2

The Grand Jewel Showcase

0 Not allowed!
      We join Valo Torreno as he is enjoying some time off from his bounty hunting adventures. He has returned to his home planet of Corellia and is relaxing aboard his ship; a modified YT-2400 called "The Event Horizon" due to it's close encounter with a black hole long ago. In his chambers, he is kicked back in an old, but relaxing chair watching something on the holo-screen. Valo's chin is in his hand as he nods in and out of sleep. His eyes close for quite a while before he jolts awake due to a commercial that catches his attention.

Announcer's voice:
      This weekend, please join us in Tyrena for the Grand Jewel Showcase. On display will be jewelry, jewels, and rare ores and minerals from all across the Galaxy. This will be a limited time event for all to...

Valo abruptly halts the screen as it shows the address and calls out to his droid.

Valo Torreno:
      Hey Larry, get in here and check this out!

After a few moments, an LE Series repair droid enters through the open doorway and looks at the holographic screen.

Valo Torreno:
      Look at that... They say there will be jewels and all kinds of rare materials this weekend in Tyrena. That's pretty close to where we are now.

"Larry":
      So have you acquired a taste to go gazing at rare jewels now? Or do you have something else in mind?

Valo Torreno:
      You know me too well... I'm going to go scope the place out. See what I can see. Maybe they have something worth taking for ourselves.

"Larry":
      You can't be serious, sir.

Valo Torreno:
      I'm as serious as a Tatooine sunburn. Look, we have steady work with Vaago. But we have to start branching out when we see the opportunity. There has to be items there that would fund our ventures for months, maybe even a year!

"Larry":
      I know, sir. But security must be outrageous for something like this.

Valo Torreno:
      True... But they may have some less valuable items under lower security. Like I said, I'm just going to scope it out. Besides, what have we done for the past two days? Slept and ate. I want to go do something and this seems like the thing to do.

"Larry":
      I see there is no talking you out of this. Shall I prepare the ship for travel?

Valo Torreno:
      Yes. We travel to Tyrena as soon as possible.

Larry gives a slight bow before exiting the room. Valo presses a few buttons on the arm of his chair and begins re-watching the commercial. He brushes at his face as his mind races to come up with a decent attack of approach for his plan.

Valo Torreno's Wiki Page
      http://swrpg.wikia.com/wiki/Torreno,_Valo
      (UPDATED 2-7-18)

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The YT-2400 know as "The Event Horizon" blazes across the blue partly cloudy skies of Corellia. With "Larry" the LE Series droid at the helm of the ship, Valo is in the back preparing for his upcoming adventure. The magnificent sunlight sprays the durasteel hull of the ship with brilliant light as the ship weaves in and out of cloud banks. "The Event Horizon" begins to slow and starts a descent in it's path. "Larry" calls up from the cockpit.

"Larry":
      Master Torreno, we are approaching the city of Tyrena. Where would you like to land?

Valo stumbles into the cockpit, his feet tripping on the robes he is wearing. Instead of his usual armor, he has dressed in robes that he purchased after his last mission. They are a dark brown set of robes with blood red inlays and black highlights. His face is freshly shaven and his reddish-brown hair is slicked back and shining. He takes a seat in the co-pilot's chair and peers out the window.

Valo Torreno:
      See the river and that tram line? If you follow it, there are a series of landing pads near the beach. Land there.

"Larry" makes the proper adjustments. He looks over at Valo, double-takes, and looks back.

"Larry":
      Sir, you are dressed to kill.

Valo Torreno:
      Yeah, I figured going to an event like this dressed in my usual attire would call attention. This is an expensive event full of expensive people. May as well dress and act the part. I'll blend right in.

"Larry":
      Yes, but your face may give it away.

Valo Torreno:
      Hey! What the hell is wrong with my face?

"Larry":
      Rugged. You look rugged, Master Torreno.

Valo Torreno:
      Yeah, well... I guess you're right on that one. Hey, up ahead!

From the cockpit windows emerges a beautiful sight. The Golden Beaches of Corellia lie ahead. The waves beat the sands along with the midday sun. Many people are out enjoying the day. Luxury hotels line the ocean side area, but one is larger than the others. The Mar Zel Hotel and Plaza. It's solid glass front shines like a beacon toward the ship. The whole place is decked out in white and gold with a large pool area and many palm trees surrounding. A large docking bay and landing pad area is attached to each side.

Valo Torreno:
      That one. That pad there... Number 11.

The landing gear extends and the ship slowly descends until touchdown upon the landing pad. The whine of the engines slows to a crawl as the hull of the ship pops with heat. Valo stands up and points out the window at a large banner.

Valo Torreno:
      "The Grand Jewel Showcase at Hotel Mar Zel, this weekend only" We're here.

Valo flourishes his robes as he walks to the back of the cockpit.

Valo Torreno:
      I want you to watch the ship. I have my com. I'll call in if I have any problems. You got me?

"Larry":
      I have you, sir.

Torreno nods and heads for the exit. He walks down the exit ramp and touches his booted feet to the soil of Tyrena. He sees a large plaza ahead, buzzing with people under the banners of the Showcase. He walks toward the crowd and begins to mingle about. He sees an elderly man walking toward him and he stops the man.

Valo Torreno:
      Excuse me, sir. Where is the exhibit located?

Old Man:
      It's inside the hotel. East wing, ground floor.

Valo grins and nods politely. He begins to meander through the crowd toward the entrance to the showcase.
      Last edited by Valo Torreno; 01-11-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Valo Torreno's Wiki Page
      (UPDATED 2-7-18)

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Valo soon find himself inside of the luxurious hotel. It is a very impressive sight to behold. The massive ground floor of the wing is row upon row of showcases and booths. Some are from jewelers, mining companies, and even some appraisers. The deep blue and silver carpeting combined with the natural daylight from the massive skylights makes this an amazing sight. The jewels all sparkle and glimmer in the natural sun, giving the room an almost dream-like feel. Valo pauses for a moment to take it all in. A short bald man decked out in black and silver robes walks by. He notices Valo's amazed look and gives him a friendly nudge on the elbow.

Short Man:
      Impressive isn't it?

Valo Torreno:
      I have never in my life...

Short Man:
      Yes, I know. I see it every year and it never ceases to amaze me. I'm one of the managers of this event. Do you have any questions for me?

Torreno pulls his gaze away from the sparkling sea of jewels and down to the little man.

Valo Torreno:
      Actually, I do. Tell me a bit about what is on display here.

Short Man:
      Well sir, we have one of the largest gatherings of jewels on the face of Corellia. Jewels... Rubies, Sapphires, Emeralds, Diamonds. Crystals... Rubat, Corusca, Solari. We even have some unique deposits of ores and minerals such as...

Valo Torreno:
      Wow! A collection such as this must be worth a pretty credit or two, eh?

Short Man:
      I am not allowed to say the exact amount. But it is in the tens-of-millions.

Valo Torreno:
      It's astonishing to be honest. Security must be high at an event like this, huh?

Short Man:
      Oh yes. We have armed patrols, day and night. We also have security droids. Even if someone managed to get something out of here, we have speederbike patrols on the outside. And... If someone, somehow, someway managed to get past them, we have a ship ready to chase them down into space. So yes, we do have a high security out and in force.

Valo's heart sinks. In his excitement for the event, he temporarily forgot about scanning the room. The jewels and crystals on display had him in a daze. Torreno begins scanning the room. There are so many armed guards and sentries up in the balconies, there are too many to count. This mission has went from boom to bust in a heartbeat. Torreno wipes the beading sweat from his brow and looks back at the man.

Valo Torreno:
      Yes, well. I must be on my way. Thank you for your help, sir.

The short man nods in a friendly manner as Valo walks off. His heart is in his boots. All of these items ripe for the taking and he cant even touch it. He starts to head for the exits. It would take a miracle to lift even one jewel from this place...

Valo Torreno's Wiki Page
      (UPDATED 2-7-18)

Thumbs Up

A Plan Emerges

0 Not allowed!
      As Torreno is about to exit the hotel, his com begins to beep. His ears perk up as he dodges a group of people and settles into a quiet corner near the exit. He places the com to his mouth and speaks.

Valo Torreno:
      Is that you, Larry? Come in?

After a few moments, Larry's voice comes across in a slight hiss of static.

"Larry":
      Master Torreno. Good news. I have managed to splice into their security schedules and roster sheet, among many other files pertaining to your current mission.

Valo Torreno:
      Are you kidding me?! How did you manage that, you are just a repair droid!

"Larry":
      Not just, sir. I am capable of much more than repairs, you will come to see.

A big grin appears across Valo's face.

Valo Torreno:
      Okay, so lay it on me. What did you find out?

"Larry":
      First off is the schedule. Inner and outer security teams switch shifts every 6 hours. Second, all doors to the showcase are locked from 8PM until 5AM with security card access only. The last thing is the amount of security. I won't lie, it's heavy. Especially the speederbike patrols. If you can get past them all you have to worry about are the two X-Wings that are on call. Two Civil War-Era X-Wings with two retired but heavily decorated pilots are ready to respond to any threat. That is all for now.

Taking all of this information in, Valo begins to rub his chin in deep thought. He works out all of the kinks and twists and thinks of every strength and weakness to the information he was just given. After a long pause, Valo's eyes seem to brighten. He watches a group of people walk past and makes sure he is in the clear before speaking again.

Valo Torreno:
      I've got a plan. First, I'm going to check into a room and further immerse myself in this crowd. I'll go to dinner and see if I can pick up on any helpful chatter. Just play my charm on people and wait it out until after dark. The guards change shift at midnight, so between the dinner and then I will have to get a hold of a key card for the doors and a uniform would be great as well. I'll slip into the showcase main floor, load up on jewels, and head for the exits. I will get a hold of a speederbike and make my exit. I want you to meet me with the ship on the beach. We will load up and head off for Drifter's Paradise. Then, we will fence the jewels off and have a hefty payday.

Larry runs this plan through his circuits and speaks back.

"Larry":
      That is a solid plan. A dangerous plan. But solid and straightforward. The hardest part will be acquiring the uniform and key card. Other than that, this has become much easier than anticipated. I will be ready with the ship. Let me know when to head to the rendezvous.

Valo clicks his comlink off and ends the conversation. His spirits are now raised and he has a wave of excitement fill his entire body. His hands sweat in anticipation as he runs over the plan in his mind. Torreno begins to head toward the main lobby to check in and get settled. He walks through two large glass sliding doors into the massive main hall. A huge chandelier in the center of the vaulted ceiling is an impressive sight. There are many large fish tanks stocked with tropical Corellian fish in circular tubes that go from floor to ceiling as well. As he approaches the desk, Valo cant help but to crack another smile. In just a few short hours, he will be pulling off a good old fashioned jewel heist. This is a plan he cant help but to wish could begin right now.

Valo Torreno's Wiki Page
      (UPDATED 2-7-18)

Thumbs Up

The Dinner

0 Not allowed!
      Hours have passed since we were last with Valo Torreno. Since then, he has checked into a room and has been preparing for the heist. Running the plan over and over in his mind. It is now dark outside and it's time for the plan to go into effect. The first step is to attend a dinner and listen in on conversations for any useful information. We are now inside the massive ballroom of the hotel. Hundreds of sharply dressed guests mingle, drink, and eat. The band on the stage at the front of the room plays some smooth, jazzy music for the attendees. Valo Torreno enters the room, still decked out in his fine robes. He scans the room and sees a crowd of people, buzzing about in an energetic but restrained formal party.

Torreno walks slowly to the main floor. A beautiful woman in a gold silky gown walks up to him and offers a drink from the tray she is carrying. Valo nods politely and takes the champage glass. He slowly sips it as he walks the floor, listening into conversations. He notices security is light, only a few armed guards are patrolling the ballroom area. Most of the tables on the floor are full, but Valo soon finds one free and sits down. Torreno enjoys his drink until an elderly couple approaches. The woman is shrewd looking with a turned up nose and the old man wears thick glasses. His face is red and flushed and he stumbles a bit. This man is obviously very drunk. He bumps into the table and takes a seat across from Valo.

Drunk Man:
      Mind if I have a seat?

Valo Torreno:
      You're already doing it, so... Sure.

The drunk old man pulls his wife to the chair beside of him.

Drunk Man:
      Hell of a party, eh?

Valo Torreno:
      Sure is.

Drunk Man:
      My name is Tobias and this is Esther.

Valo forces a smile and nods.

Valo Torreno:
      Nice to meet you both. I'm Val Torrence.

Tobias:
      Nice to meet you, Mr. Vorrance. Who are you with? What company?

Valo looks around the room and picks out one of the company banners. The first one will do.

Valo Torreno:
      I'm with the Vushaan company.

Tobias:
      Vushaan, eh? Good company. You guys been doing good with the new war breaking out, eh?

This is a touchy subject for Valo, being a veteran of the Civil War on the Imperial side.

Tobias:
      You know. War is profit. We get a good war going and prices and demand for ore skyrockets. I made millions off of the last war.

Valo begins to get agitated at the conversation.

Valo Torreno:
      Yeah. War is great. Tell that to the guy trudging through the muck of Felucia. Or the lady sitting in a cold outpost for days on end on Mygeeto. I'm glad you made money off of the war. I was fighting in it. Doesn't matter which side now. What matters is, I fought. It was the toughest time of my life. Fighting not for the ideals of the war. But for my friends. My brothers and sisters next to me. That's why I fought. I damn sure didn't fight to make you a pile of cash, but it turned out that way, didn't it. You make millions while I suffer.

Valo is red-faced. The drunk man stares at him with a bewildered look on his face. Torreno knows he has almost blown his cover, so he has to suck up his emotions and turn this back around. He takes a few breaths and then cuts a sharp smile.

Valo Torreno:
      I'm messing with you, old man... I made TENS of millions off of the last war! Do I look like the fighting type?

Tobias:
      Ha! I knew it. You sly dog!

The drunken Tobias grabs Valo's drink and downs it.

Valo Torreno:
      Don't you think you should slow down? You are going to get thrown out.

Tobias:
      Bah! Oh, balls... This security is a joke. More bluster and show than substance.

Valo looks toward one of the security men. They go in a circle around the room and then go up a stairwell that is out of view to circle around the second floor. He notices one of the men are heading toward the door to the stairwell.

Valo Torreno:
      Sir, Ma'am... It was nice to meet you, but I must get going.

Torreno gets up and walks off, leaving the old man mumbling gibberish to himself. The guard is headed toward the door and Valo falls in about ten feet behind. The guard closes in on the door and Valo does so as well. The guard opens the door and enters the stairwell and Valo is close behind. It is now time to get that keycard. It is clipped to the side of the man's belt beside of his holster. Torreno's hands begin to sweat and his heart pounds as he moves in to take the keycard...

Valo Torreno's Wiki Page
      (UPDATED 2-7-18)

Thumbs Up

Suiting Up

0 Not allowed!
      It is now 11:30PM and the window of the guard's shift change is closing in. Valo Torreno is close on the heels of a guard upstairs in the ballroom area. As they turn a corner, an open janitor's closet is to the left. Torreno is shaking with anticipation. His hands are sweaty and shaking and a bead of sweat forms on his brow. The guard passes the door and Valo leaps into action! He taps the guard on the shoulder. The guard quickly spins around to react, but Valo throws a hard elbow to the jaw, followed by a vicious left hook that knocks the guard clean out! The guard falls to a heap on the floor and Valo grabs his limp arm and drags him into the closet.

Torreno begins to pop the snaps on the guard's armor, taking it off piece by piece. He snaps the leg guards on, followed by the bulky mid-section, then the arm guards. Valo checks the keycard on his side. It has a picture... Not good if he gets caught. Soon, Valo is in full guard gear. It is black and gray and a bit bulky, and very tight fitting. Torreno's chest is uncomfortable, it labors his breathing until he gets used to it. Torreno picks up the helmet and tries to put it on. But no matter how hard he tries, it is way too small for him. He tosses the helmet down in frustration.

Valo Torreno:
      Would have been nice to have my face covered. Hopefully no one will make too big of a deal out of it.

Valo begins to tie the unconscious man with some rope that was lying around and he gags him with some old rags. Soon, the man is bound and gagged. Completely neutralized. Torreno picks up the KX-80 repeating blaster rifle from the ground and throws the strap around his shoulder. Now suited up, Valo exits the room, locking the door behind him.

Now in the hall, Torreno pumps himself up mentally. He is now in full guard gear minus the helmet, he is armed, and he has the keycard. Things are going smooth so far. Valo heads toward the stairs and begins heading down. But as he reaches the bottom to the entrance to the ballroom, the door swings open. A tense moment and a flash of nervous heat envelops Valo as a shadow steps in. Expecting the worse, Valo prepares himself for a fight. The figure steps in and it is the drunken man, Tobias.

Tobias:
      Hey... Don't I know you?

Valo Torreno:
      No, you don't. This area is off limits.

Tobias:
      This ain't the bathroom? Where did the bathroom go?

Valo Torreno:
      It's across the ballroom, then you hang a left, then a right, go straight, and it's on the left.

Torreno intentionally confuses Tobias, who stands there puzzled. Valo walks past and out into the ballroom. He looks at the clock on the wall. It is now 11:55PM. Time to get going. Torreno hugs the wall as he walks around the circular ballroom toward the exit. No one pays him any attention as the crowd is now mostly drunk and ready to crash. Valo gets to the exit and ducks out of the room. He gets to the main hall and knows that the Grand Jewel Showcase room is straight down the hall. He walks in the same fashion the guards do, with authority and briskness. As he heads toward the room, a group of guards exit the Showcase doors.

Valo ducks behind a large pillar and waits as he holds his breath. The guards approach, chattering to one another...

Guard:
      Man, am I glad that shift is over. I'm wore out. Must have walked miles in this place.

The tired group of guards walk past, not noticing Valo. He waits until they are out of sight and pops out from behind the pillar. Torreno heads for the large glass doors that lead to the massive showcase room. He peers inside at the jewels. They are all sitting there, ripe for the taking. The dimmed lights inside light the jewels still, but the hypnotic effect from the sunlight earlier is not present. Torreno reaches for the keycard at his side. He plucks it from the belt and places it to the keycard reader by the door. He takes a deep breath and swipes the card. The twenty foot tall double glass doors slowly slide open. Valo exhales and takes his first step into the showcase room...

Valo Torreno's Wiki Page
      (UPDATED 2-7-18)

Thumbs Up

The Heist

0 Not allowed!
      Torreno enters the Showcase room floor and the excitement within him explodes! It is now midnight and Valo knows he will have a short ten minute window to pull this off. He walks with purpose up and down the aisles, looking for the perfect steal. He approaches a showcase full of small diamonds. They still gleam in the dim lighting. Valo tries to push the case open, but with no luck. It is locked down tight. He looks down the whole aisle and they are all locked down. An almost panicked feeling hits Valo as he realizes this whole place is locked up. He turns and heads down another aisle, but the same thing happens. It's all locked up tight.

Valo is about to bail on the plan until something catches his eye. A large display is to his right in the center of the aisle. A large golden eagle claw has a massive ruby in it's clutches. Torreno tries to pick it up, but the statue is too heavy. He sets down the KX-80 rifle and tries again, but with no luck. Torreno looks for another option and thinks on his feet. If he cant take the statue, he will take the jewel. Valo takes his finger and slides it in between the golden holding pincer and the jewel. With a great amount of pressure, Valo begins to pry the golden pincers back away from the ruby.

One by one, they are pried back until the ruby falls free. It lands on the carpet with a thud as Valo bends to pick it up. It is shiny and multifaceted and is about the size of a large man's fist. Torreno peers at the jewel in awe for a few seconds before shaking himself back to reality. He crams the large ruby down in his tall black guard boots.

Valo Torreno:
      That should be enough. This will fetch tens of thousands for me. Don't want to get greedy.

Without knowing if anymore cases are unlocked and with a small amount of storage room, Valo decides to take the ruby and bail. He picks up the rifle and heads briskly down the aisle, up the stairs, and toward the large glass doors he came in at. He swipes the keycard and exits the room. Torreno's heart is racing as he exits and walks down the hall. He knows that the speederbike patrol center is straight down the hall and outside. Torreno walks with purpose and as he is about to exit, a guard abruptly opens a side door and steps in.

Valo freezes in place as the guard looks him up and down. Torreno is frozen with fear as his heart beats almost out of control.

Guard:
      Why are you not on your post? Shift change was 15 minutes ago.

Valo Torreno:
      Sorry, I'm new. This is my first night.

Guard:
      That explains the missing helmet. Let me see your ID on your keycard and we'll be square.

Valo breaks out into a sweat. The noose has been tightened. All of the planning has now went out the window.

Valo Torreno:
      Sure thing.

Valo plucks the keycard from his belt and intentionally drops it onto the ground.

Valo Torreno:
      Oops, let me get that...

Torreno gets down on a bended knee to retrieve the keycard. But before he gets the keycard in hand, he leaps into action! Valo swings the KX-80 rifle around in a flash and swings it like a bat while leaping to his feet! He clips the guard on the chin with the rifle, knocking him silly! Torreno leaves the keycard and bails out of the doors, toward the parking area where the speederbikes are located. The guard begins to stir around and he reaches for his com.

Guard:
      Command, come in! Lock the place down, now! We have a level 5 code red, I was just attacked. Repeat, a level 5 code red!

After a few seconds, a deep alarm begins to sound. Valo turns and looks back at the hotel as he can see red alarm lights flashing in the hallways. Without hesitation, Valo turns and begins to run toward the speederbikes. He has gotten what he came for, now is the time to make his escape...

Valo Torreno's Wiki Page
      (UPDATED 2-7-18)

Thumbs Up

The Escape Part I

0 Not allowed!
      With the alarms now sounding, Valo heads for the speederbike area. It is a large concrete pad with four speederbikes parked. Three guards are standing duty as Valo runs up to them. Torreno decides to make his first move a surprise attack, so he draws his KX-80 repeating blaster and begins firing! A blaster bolt nails one of the guards square in the chest! Before the other two can draw, Valo mows them down in a hail of blaster fire as well. He runs quickly and mounts a speederbike. Torreno taps at the buttons on the control panel and fires the speederbike up. It sputters a bit and Valo revs the accelerator, clearing the engine out. Before he leaves, Torreno pulls his comm out and speaks.

Valo Torreno:
      Larry, come in! The bird is in the nest!

"Larry":
      What is that supposed to mean, sir?

Valo Torreno:
      It means I have the damned jewel, get the ship to the beach right now! Have the entrance ramp open and ready.

Torreno places his comm back at his side and is about to pull away, but a hoard of guards spills out of the building.

Guard:
      There he is! OPEN FIRE!

A volley of blaster bolts roars past Valo's head as he nails the accelerator on the speederbike! He takes off at breakneck speeds, making a sharp turn to head down the streets of Tyrena. The guards mount the other speederbikes and roar off after Valo. Torreno is zooming down the streets, weaving in and out of the hovercar traffic as the three more experienced riders begin catching up to him. Overhead, Valo can see his YT-2400 fly past toward the beach. This makes Torreno crack a grin among the pressure of the chase.

The guards begin to chip away at Valo, firing the front cannons on their bikes. Torreno evades expertly, still weaving in and out of traffic. He then makes an abrupt detour as he rides up the entrance to the tram line, right onto the tracks! The guards follow, hot on his tail. Valo opens the speederbike up to full speed and the scenery to his sides zips past in a blur. The guards fire again and Valo evades, but a tram train is approaching. Torreno ducks his head down to get more speed. He is now playing a game of "chicken" with the guards...

Torreno waits until the last second before the tram hits him and he rips the speederbike off the tracks to the streets below! The speederbike bottoms out, shooting sparks all over the road. One of the guards chickens out, weaving away from the tram. He flies off of the tracks and crashes into a building below! The other guard crashes head on into the train... The bike explodes, killing him instantly. But the third guard, drops off in time and is still hot on Valo's heels. Torreno makes an abrupt right turn toward the beach area.

The speederbike zips along the sands and Valo can see his YT-2400 on the beach ahead. The entrance ramp is down and the engines are humming, ready to go. Torreno opens the bike up at full speed going toward the ship. At the last second, Torreno bails off of his speederbike and hits the sands below. He tumbles and rolls in the sand and his bike crashes into the waves of the ocean. The guard flies past, but quickly stops and gets off his bike. Torreno shakes the sand off of him and runs toward the entrance ramp to his ship.

Valo Torreno:
      Go, Go, GO! GO!

Torreno touches his feet to the ramp, but is tackled from behind! The guard is on top of him as the ship begins to lift off! The ship gains height as the two men wrestle on the entrance ramp. The man rises but Valo, still on his back, kicks him in the knee. The guard slips and falls backward, almost off of the ramp. But he grabs Valo's boot to hang on. Half of the guard's body hangs off the end of the ramp as he clutches to the boot. It is the same boot which houses the large ruby Valo stole!

The boot begins to slide off and Valo knows if he loses the boot, he loses the ruby. He begins kicking the guard in the face as hard as he can. The guard starts to lose his grip... With one last large kick to the face, the guard lets go and falls. He falls about 50 feet, landing in the ocean below! Torreno pulls his boot back up and stands. He enters the ship and the entrance ramp closes behind him. Valo runs along the circular interior of the ship until he reaches the cockpit where his droid "Larry" is at the helm.

Valo Torreno:
      Give me the controls, we're not out of the woods yet.

As Valo takes his seat in the captain's chair, his sensors pick up on something setting an alarm off inside the cockpit. Two X-Wings now approach from the rear. Valo ramps the ship's accelerator up and tilts the ship at an angle. He is heading for space at high speeds.

"Larry":
      If we make it to space, we can lose them.

Valo Torreno:
      I know. But we ain't losing them.

"Larry":
      What?!

Valo Torreno:
      I'm drawing them into space for a dogfight. It's been a while since I've had one. Let's see what these two decorated pilots have got in them.

"Larry":
      Are you insane, sir?

Valo Torreno:
      I might just be. I might just be...

Torreno races toward space as the two X-Wings tail him. He has made his escape from the ground, now is time to make his final escape in space...

Valo Torreno's Wiki Page
      (UPDATED 2-7-18)

Thumbs Up

The Escape Part II

0 Not allowed!
      Torreno has his YT-2400 going full throttle through the upper atmosphere of Corellia and the two X-Wings are hot on his tail. The X-Wings are in full attack position as they break off from each other to flank Valo's ship. The heat from the planetary exit is intense as Torreno finally breaks away from the atmosphere and into the vastness of space.

"Larry":
      Sir, are you sure you want to fight them? We could easily lose them!

Valo Torreno:
      Yes I'm sure. Now set all deflector shields to the front.

"Larry":
      But sir, they are hitting us from the back.

Valo Torreno:
      Just do it, damn it! I don't have time to argue with you! We're going to take them head on.

Larry sets the deflector shields to the front of the ship and Valo abruptly throws the throttle into reverse, stalling the ship out. The two X-Wings fly by and Valo activates his 1-D Servo Turrets. He blasts away and hits one of the X-Wings causing it to explode on impact! The other one pulls into a loop and does a "roll off the top" maneuver, heading straight for Valo's ship. They open fire at each other, each one missing. They are coming head on at each other! At the last second the X-Wing pulls up and avoids Valo's ship!

Torreno swings the ship around to attack again and so does the X-Wing. One more volley of turret fire from each ship blasts away and they pass each other again, missing by mere feet!

Valo Torreno:
      This guy is quick. Brace yourself, Larry. I'm going to ram him.

"Larry":
      Ram him?! I think you should reconsi...

Valo Torreno:
      Too late!

The ships have swung around and are headed for each other again. Torreno lets out a pulse of fire from his turrets and the X-Wing blasts away as well!The X-Wing goes to pull up, but Valo does too! He clips the X-Wing on the wing, tearing one side of the ship's wings off! The impact jars "The Event Horizon" so hard that the lights inside dim and flicker. Valo almost comes out of his captain's chair as well. Torreno recovers and swings around, lighting the damaged X-Wing up with turret fire. It explodes and the R2 unit goes flying by the cockpit window with a loud screech!

Valo exhales and slows the ship.

Valo Torreno:
      Larry... We did it! I need you to set course for Drifter's Paradise. We beat the security, but by now word is probably getting around that the showcase was robbed. We may have Corellian patrol ships coming. I hope we didn't attract the New Republic either. Best not to stick around and find out. I need to get out of these clothes.

Larry nods politely as Valo gets up and heads to the back. The ship adjusts it's positioning. The engines whine in a high-pitched tone before the ship rapidly accelerates and disappears in a second into hyperspace. It seems as if this adventure is finally over.

Valo Torreno's Wiki Page
      (UPDATED 2-7-18)

Thumbs Up

Epilogue

0 Not allowed!
      A week has passed since Valo's excursion on Corellia. He pulled off something that was thought to be impossible. He actually robbed the Grand Jewel Showcase and got away clean. He cashed in the ruby and it netted him 25,000 credits that he desperately needed to keep his lifestyle and his career with Vaago running strong.

Valo is now lying on his stomach in a massage parlor in Drfiter's Paradise. A young Twi'lek woman is giving him a deep tissue massage inside the steamy room. Relaxing music is playing as she tends to his tense shoulders.

Twi'lek Woman:
      So Valo, where are you off to next?

Valo Torreno:
      I'm off to Bespin. I have a contract for Vaago that needs accomplishing.

Twi'lek Woman:
      Why don't you just sit back on that pile of credits and spend some alone time with me?

Valo Torreno:
      I'd like nothing more. But there are always more credits to be earned.

Feeling accomplished at his completed mission, Valo lets the soothing music and the massage take him away to a peaceful place. He smiles as he thinks about his next adventure...

Valo Torreno's Wiki Page
      (UPDATED 2-7-18)