• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 4
      Given: 2

The Grand Jewel Showcase

0 Not allowed!
      We join Valo Torreno as he is enjoying some time off from his bounty hunting adventures. He has returned to his home planet of Corellia and is relaxing aboard his ship; a modified YT-2400 called "The Event Horizon" due to it's close encounter with a black hole long ago. In his chambers, he is kicked back in an old, but relaxing chair watching something on the holo-screen. Valo's chin is in his hand as he nods in and out of sleep. His eyes close for quite a while before he jolts awake due to a commercial that catches his attention.

Announcer's voice:
      This weekend, please join us in Tyrena for the Grand Jewel Showcase. On display will be jewelry, jewels, and rare ores and minerals from all across the Galaxy. This will be a limited time event for all to...

Valo abruptly halts the screen as it shows the address and calls out to his droid.

Valo Torreno:
      Hey Larry, get in here and check this out!

After a few moments, an LE Series repair droid enters through the open doorway and looks at the holographic screen.

Valo Torreno:
      Look at that... They say there will be jewels and all kinds of rare materials this weekend in Tyrena. That's pretty close to where we are now.

"Larry":
      So have you acquired a taste to go gazing at rare jewels now? Or do you have something else in mind?

Valo Torreno:
      You know me too well... I'm going to go scope the place out. See what I can see. Maybe they have something worth taking for ourselves.

"Larry":
      You can't be serious, sir.

Valo Torreno:
      I'm as serious as a Tatooine sunburn. Look, we have steady work with Vaago. But we have to start branching out when we see the opportunity. There has to be items there that would fund our ventures for months, maybe even a year!

"Larry":
      I know, sir. But security must be outrageous for something like this.

Valo Torreno:
      True... But they may have some less valuable items under lower security. Like I said, I'm just going to scope it out. Besides, what have we done for the past two days? Slept and ate. I want to go do something and this seems like the thing to do.

"Larry":
      I see there is no talking you out of this. Shall I prepare the ship for travel?

Valo Torreno:
      Yes. We travel to Tyrena as soon as possible.

Larry gives a slight bow before exiting the room. Valo presses a few buttons on the arm of his chair and begins re-watching the commercial. He brushes at his face as his mind races to come up with a decent attack of approach for his plan.

Valo Torreno's Wiki Page
      http://swrpg.wikia.com/wiki/Torreno,_Valo
      (UPDATED 1-15-18)

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The YT-2400 know as "The Event Horizon" blazes across the blue partly cloudy skies of Corellia. With "Larry" the LE Series droid at the helm of the ship, Valo is in the back preparing for his upcoming adventure. The magnificent sunlight sprays the durasteel hull of the ship with brilliant light as the ship weaves in and out of cloud banks. "The Event Horizon" begins to slow and starts a descent in it's path. "Larry" calls up from the cockpit.

"Larry":
      Master Torreno, we are approaching the city of Tyrena. Where would you like to land?

Valo stumbles into the cockpit, his feet tripping on the robes he is wearing. Instead of his usual armor, he has dressed in robes that he purchased after his last mission. They are a dark brown set of robes with blood red inlays and black highlights. His face is freshly shaven and his reddish-brown hair is slicked back and shining. He takes a seat in the co-pilot's chair and peers out the window.

Valo Torreno:
      See the river and that tram line? If you follow it, there are a series of landing pads near the beach. Land there.

"Larry" makes the proper adjustments. He looks over at Valo, double-takes, and looks back.

"Larry":
      Sir, you are dressed to kill.

Valo Torreno:
      Yeah, I figured going to an event like this dressed in my usual attire would call attention. This is an expensive event full of expensive people. May as well dress and act the part. I'll blend right in.

"Larry":
      Yes, but your face may give it away.

Valo Torreno:
      Hey! What the hell is wrong with my face?

"Larry":
      Rugged. You look rugged, Master Torreno.

Valo Torreno:
      Yeah, well... I guess you're right on that one. Hey, up ahead!

From the cockpit windows emerges a beautiful sight. The Golden Beaches of Corellia lie ahead. The waves beat the sands along with the midday sun. Many people are out enjoying the day. Luxury hotels line the ocean side area, but one is larger than the others. The Mar Zel Hotel and Plaza. It's solid glass front shines like a beacon toward the ship. The whole place is decked out in white and gold with a large pool area and many palm trees surrounding. A large docking bay and landing pad area is attached to each side.

Valo Torreno:
      That one. That pad there... Number 11.

The landing gear extends and the ship slowly descends until touchdown upon the landing pad. The whine of the engines slows to a crawl as the hull of the ship pops with heat. Valo stands up and points out the window at a large banner.

Valo Torreno:
      "The Grand Jewel Showcase at Hotel Mar Zel, this weekend only" We're here.

Valo flourishes his robes as he walks to the back of the cockpit.

Valo Torreno:
      I want you to watch the ship. I have my com. I'll call in if I have any problems. You got me?

"Larry":
      I have you, sir.

Torreno nods and heads for the exit. He walks down the exit ramp and touches his booted feet to the soil of Tyrena. He sees a large plaza ahead, buzzing with people under the banners of the Showcase. He walks toward the crowd and begins to mingle about. He sees an elderly man walking toward him and he stops the man.

Valo Torreno:
      Excuse me, sir. Where is the exhibit located?

Old Man:
      It's inside the hotel. East wing, ground floor.

Valo grins and nods politely. He begins to meander through the crowd toward the entrance to the showcase.
      Last edited by Valo Torreno; 01-11-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Valo Torreno's Wiki Page
      (UPDATED 1-15-18)

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Valo soon find himself inside of the luxurious hotel. It is a very impressive sight to behold. The massive ground floor of the wing is row upon row of showcases and booths. Some are from jewelers, mining companies, and even some appraisers. The deep blue and silver carpeting combined with the natural daylight from the massive skylights makes this an amazing sight. The jewels all sparkle and glimmer in the natural sun, giving the room an almost dream-like feel. Valo pauses for a moment to take it all in. A short bald man decked out in black and silver robes walks by. He notices Valo's amazed look and gives him a friendly nudge on the elbow.

Short Man:
      Impressive isn't it?

Valo Torreno:
      I have never in my life...

Short Man:
      Yes, I know. I see it every year and it never ceases to amaze me. I'm one of the managers of this event. Do you have any questions for me?

Torreno pulls his gaze away from the sparkling sea of jewels and down to the little man.

Valo Torreno:
      Actually, I do. Tell me a bit about what is on display here.

Short Man:
      Well sir, we have one of the largest gatherings of jewels on the face of Corellia. Jewels... Rubies, Sapphires, Emeralds, Diamonds. Crystals... Rubat, Corusca, Solari. We even have some unique deposits of ores and minerals such as...

Valo Torreno:
      Wow! A collection such as this must be worth a pretty credit or two, eh?

Short Man:
      I am not allowed to say the exact amount. But it is in the tens-of-millions.

Valo Torreno:
      It's astonishing to be honest. Security must be high at an event like this, huh?

Short Man:
      Oh yes. We have armed patrols, day and night. We also have security droids. Even if someone managed to get something out of here, we have speederbike patrols on the outside. And... If someone, somehow, someway managed to get past them, we have a ship ready to chase them down into space. So yes, we do have a high security out and in force.

Valo's heart sinks. In his excitement for the event, he temporarily forgot about scanning the room. The jewels and crystals on display had him in a daze. Torreno begins scanning the room. There are so many armed guards and sentries up in the balconies, there are too many to count. This mission has went from boom to bust in a heartbeat. Torreno wipes the beading sweat from his brow and looks back at the man.

Valo Torreno:
      Yes, well. I must be on my way. Thank you for your help, sir.

The short man nods in a friendly manner as Valo walks off. His heart is in his boots. All of these items ripe for the taking and he cant even touch it. He starts to head for the exits. It would take a miracle to lift even one jewel from this place...

Valo Torreno's Wiki Page
      (UPDATED 1-15-18)