• SweetTooth
  • Thinking
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Open Where is the darkness I once was friends with? (OPEN)

0 Not allowed!
      She moved thru her lessons with a determination any Master would be proud of. Her aura spread out from her to several yards in every direction. She dodged the shots from the two practice droids above her as she used telekinesis and push/pull to toss rocks, stones and debris at the two hovering attackers. Each strike was a point in her favor, but each miss made their firing rate increase slightly.

She leapt on pillars, hid behind forest fall, and spun with the edges of her tunic flaring around her like a soft tan cloud of dust almost matching that at her feet.

Rege moved around with a sheen of sweat on her face and arms that gave away how long she had been at it. The water bottle on her bag near the edge of the arena showed that despite her length of time on the field, her breaks hadn't been copious. Her fire red hair was still half coiled on her head, but tendrils had escaped and were plastered to the moisture at her temples and the back of her neck.

Regeant had come home last night to the sound of empty halls and a nearly deserted Keep. A figure in the darkness would now and then flicker in a nearby hallway, but they never approached her and she didn't care. Nova was gone on a mission that had left her alone for so long that she had excused herself from his estate and returned home. (*) She was back with the Sith, back with those who understood her. And with luck, back with those who would continue her training.

Unfortunately, she had missed one of the droids one too many times. Its rate of fire surpassed her ability to evade and she found herself crying out as a shot singed her side just below her right ribs. A small puff of smoke from singed clothing brought the smell of failure to her nostrils. Rage built up in her inability to prevail and her hand shot out towards the offensive droid. The spark of Force in her, while still driven by rage and not wholly contained, wrapped itself around the metallic orb and slammed it hard enough into the ground with her downward motion that it shattered into a small pile of twisted debris.

The other droid fired and was rewarded with not quite so cruel a fate. A large rock, closer in size to a small boulder, rose up from straight under it and knocked it straight up a few feet before it fell to the ground with a soft thud on the sandy training ground.

As silence, a nearly forgotten concept, filled the air and nearly drown out her thoughts. The deafening silence made her question her sanity a moment and she screamed to see if she could still hear. The sound tapered off and she bent over to rest her hands on her knees as she panted with near exhaustion.

"Control... control, Rege..." she half whispered to herself in self chastisement.

(*) During my absence, Nova's storyline has apparently moved on according to the writer. I will omit details as I don't know them, but that's Regeant's 'reason' for being back and seeking another Master.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 8
      Given: 7

0 Not allowed!
      Hazel green eyes focused on the redhead dodging and finally doing what she would've done - destroy the droids outright. Even though she knew that wasn't the goal of the exercise, her impatience had destroyed many training droids, though they were cheap, she surmised. Leaning on the doorframe, the cinnamon toned witch watched with interest, arms crossed over her leather vest, only closed by one button. Her signature look hadn't changed in years and the witch wasn't about to now.

These clothes were comfortable.

Finally, the student had given up and was now resting, prompting the Sith Lord to take in a deep breath and step into the outdoor arena. One that had been used for a host of contests of skill and training in other areas. Scars on the fallen stone columns having been done by the shapely human now nearing the first probe, smoking from being crushed by a rock. "Nice," she commented dryly, then turned her judging gaze to the redhead. "Why'd that take so long?"

Now standing but ten feet from the young woman, Lykeira's hands fell to her shapely hips, fingers atop the weapon's belt holding her own lightsaber and pouches, some housing poisons and antidotes that she had made.

0 Not allowed!
      Rege didn't turn at the voice. She was used to Nova sneaking up on her and she needed that moment to growl to herself at the intrusion before turning to face the woman. "I see no point in destroying them swiftly. I can't find out how good I am with that logic."

One never knew if they were speaking to a Master, scullery maid or another student around here. Some Masters didn't dress the part, and some of the help didn't know to remain unseen and unheard. And students were the worst. They tried to play themselves as more or less than they were to try and get under your skin. It was better to remain neutral till one knew who they were addressing. "Next time I'll try five. And I'll try and last longer." She absently touched her side where the droid had struck her. Safeties were in place so it wasn't the burning of a true blaster or the singe of even a saber strike. It was more the hot singe of a flame too close to the skin. It would be sore for a bit, but no skin was lost. Only a rip in her tunic gave the outward sign she had been struck unless one looked close enough to see the angry red two inch mark on the student's waistline.

"The only way to get better is practice more. Right?"
      She moved to where she had a small canteen of water and took a long draw from it. She held the bottle to the woman she faced in offering. "Care for a drink?" She hadn't realized how thirsty she was till the water hit her lips. Offering some to Lykeira was her way of making sure she didn't make a fool of herself and get gluttonous with the water.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The lack of respect was one signature trait of nearly every Sith that lived and trained here, so talking to the woman's back was natural, though did aggravate the Sith Lord a bit now gritting her teeth. "Should've tried five this time and pushed yourself. No sense in training at all unless you are," Lykeira countered, shaking her head at the offer of water. She had just had breakfast. Judging the girl's frame and stance told her a lot about her even without the haughty preamble. The witch had been here long enough to be able to judge how well trained in the martial skills someone was, especially with so many great examples walking these halls.

Glancing to the light burn on the girl's body, Lykeira smirked. "Use that pain to push yourself, harness it to fuel your desire to win. Wasting your time here in this temple otherwise."

0 Not allowed!
      Rege wasn't sure if she should feel insulted that the woman didn't think she was pushing herself, or pleased that she had thought so despite the fact two was the most Regeant had used before this day. "I'll remember that." She then grinned and winked at the woman. "Or I'll use seven and really leave a pile of debris for the cleaning bots to see to."

As the woman waved off the water, she spoke of wasting her time. "I don't intend to waste my time here. As soon as I find another Master, I intend to continue. The Trials are my goal and I intend to reach them." At this point her mind got the best of her. She set the canteen down and moved about halfway between her bag and the woman. "Who are you? I've been gone a while an don't recognize you. I'm Regeant. Regeant Volaria. Former student to Nova." The query was made with enough politeness not to give slight, but enough brass to show she wasn't going to cower before strangers.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Smirking at the thought of more broken and destroyed training probes was fun, but less gratifying than seeing someone else begging for their life. She had more of the latter, but not for some time now. "Lykeira, Sith Lord," she introduced finally, appearing a bit hurt that her reputation hadn't preceded her. Hearing that Regeant had once trained with Nova was some common ground at least. "I trained with him in my early years too," she nodded, leaving off anything that they had done together.

"So," the shapely witch scanned around the open air arena, "Where are you in your training thus far? I haven't got anything else going on at the moment." Single button holding her rust colored vest together, the tattoo commanding her abdomen in full view, except for the bottom fifth disappearing beneath her beltline, Lykeira judged the redhead more as they spoke.

0 Not allowed!
      A Sith Lord. For once she was actually glad she had bit her tongue and not gotten her normal haughty attitude when the woman had arrived. At the announcement of her name, it occured to Rege that she was supposed to know her. "Nova took me away from the Temple shortly after getting here. I fear I know very few of you." Her apology was a statement of fact with no whining in it. She wasn't asking for forgiveness, merely stating that the reaction to Lykeira wasn't a personal one.

At the question of her training, she thought for a moment before answering. "I haven't done much. I can move objects, and I'm fairly good at mind speech. We didn't get very far." She faught to urge to add unfortunately to that sentence. "I was going to seek the help of the holo trainings tomorrow, actually. I have a good grasp on moving things... push, pull, lift, throw, et cetera. But it's hard to practice mind speech on my own." She stood there a she braced herself for the Lady before her to dismiss her for lack of knowledge. It wouldn't have surprised her. Shewas already expecting the Masters in the Temple to tell her she needed more drive, and more knowledge, before being worthy of training.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Nodding at the mention of leaving, Lykeira's mind filled with the early days away from Munto Codru. "He took us to Kashyyk when I was training with him, but that was a long time ago. Guessing he still likes that world for his getaways," she posed as more of a question, though it wasn't as important as having the chance now to pass on other things to someone that wanted to learn.

Touching the girl's mind, Lykeira knew a lot more than just the simple things that seemed to be universal to every student's first days. ~Telekenesis is a good start and helps in many ways, but once that's mastered then the universe really opens up. You can use it to propel yourself in a longer jump, run faster, and other things.~

Using that mental touch already there, she implanted the image of Regeant leaping up atop one of the stone columns nearby. "Try it. Use the Force to fill your body and especially your legs to act like a spring and carry you up there," hazel eyes motioned to the column's broken top, nearly eight feet above them now.

0 Not allowed!
      Rege didn't comment on the place they had been. It had been his private home and she respected that. She wouldn't give it away. As the woman spoke to her mind, a single eyebrow rose at the suddenly intrusion. The feeling of the woman in her head was oddly... right. She couldn't have described it, but some people in her mind screeched, and others were barely a whisper. Lykeira was a steady voice. Power and knowledge seemed to be words Regeant would have used if asked to describe it. ~I want to learn...~ was Rege's response back to Lykeira's mind. The voice was soft, untrained, and wavered. But at least it wasn't a screaming screech.

When the vision filled her head, she turned to the tower of stone and tilted her head. She wasn't like some of the students she had met whose knee jerk reactions included, 'No way, I can't do that.'

Her mind tended to lean towards the 'hmmm... if I can make that, I wonder what the limits are?' But that was her cockiness. She walked towards the column and glanced back once at Lykeira. "So the legs act like a propulsion system. Crouch to give yourself the start, and Force to propel." She said it as if trying to muse out loud how it worked. But didn't actually expect an answer. Nova had often merely answered with, 'Try and see'. So she did.

She crouched with half bent legs and drew the Force close to her like a shell. Visualizing the power filling her legs, she leapt upwards. Clearing the column wasn't the issue. Landing on it, it turns out, was the problem. She cleared it with a couple inches to spare, but in the swing of her arms, she actually ended up just missing the landing and found herself literally dropping like a rock on the other side. Instinct and not training caused her panic to think of the reversal and as she landed on her feet, with her mind prepared to accept a broken ankle, she stopped her decent just enough to land at a crouch with her hands on the dirt to keep her from falling over. Shehurt, but more like stepping off a ladder wrong. Like she had been jarred more than 'dropped'.

Her surprise at not breaking her legs was more prevelant than the fact she had just jumped 8 feet straight up into the air. ~Lords and Ladies... what the...?~ She stood up slowly, once more expecting a broken bone to take her to her knees once more. Stepping around the column, her face was open with confusion. "What just happened? Did you stop me?" She knew many Sith Masters would let their students get gravely hurt, even killed, if they failed. The idea in their minds being that if they did, then they weren't ready to be Sith. Lykeira didn't strike her as someone who would let a student die... but would she save her from a broken ankle or leg?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Watching with amusement, Lykeira knew this could happen, though some of her first students fell short and had to try more than once to reach the top and then stop themselves to land on top. Hazel green eyes focused on the redhead as she emerged once more and the witch shook her head. "Not only can you use the Force to leap to rooftops, but also use it as a cushion to slow your descent. Use your imagination and command the Force to bend to your will. You waste your time in asking for something, then you're not a Sith," she stated with certainty. "We are the commanders of our own destiny, so seize it and land on the top of that column, then use it to slow your descent once you do."

Lykeira had never been one to coddle, so the tough love act was normal. It was how she was raised and how she learned here at the temple as well, for most things anyway.

Motioning with her head upward, she remained standing where she was. "Try it again."

0 Not allowed!
      She looked at Lykeira for a moment. The woman was serious. It felt odd to Rege for a moment, but then she smiled. She liked this Master. She wasn't being coddled, or even catered to. She knew, now, that the woman hadn't been the one to stop her. Her own instinct had kicked in and she had done exactly what she was supposed to. Now she had to do it on purpose, and out of reflex. Not just uncontrolled and wild.

She nodded once without a word and turned to the column once more. Bending her knees slightly, she pushed off and leapt up with the same ease as before. But this time, instead of over shooting the mark, she landed square on it. Without missing beat, she spun and leapt back down to land in a crouch. This time her hands didn't need to brace her fall. With her eyes locked on her teacher's, she leapt straight back and landed once more on the column. She was a bit more wobbly this time, not quite square. But she didn't fall. Leaping to the column to her right, about a foot shorter, she then lept once more to the ground. This time her knees bent to catch the fall, but she didn't need to crouch as before.

The power she felt didn't make her question her Force connection. She only had one other question as she took a step towards the woman who had come upon her at what seemed the most appropriate time. "What else can we do?" The smile on her face was pure hunger. She had to practice, lots of it. But it was a start. The leaping she may have figured out on her own at some point. But the stopping, on the way down, maybe not. She was thirsting for more power, more knowledge, and it was plain and clear on her face and in her eyes.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Watching with interest, Lykeira's judging gaze assessed more the willingness to succeed and not fail rather than the act being done before her. The question that she got next was the same that she had asked many times before, while training with Nova and others. Chuckling, the witch cocked her head slightly to the right and she thought for a long moment. Turning to spy a small rock, she mentally raised it into the air, then after a moment, made it spin in place. Tumbling around and around, she then let it drop.

"Imagine an invisible hand lifting it, but as this last ability, command it to do so. The moment that you realize that the energy flowing through you now is yours to mold as you want, then you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish." She motioned to the rock now laying in the grass once more. "Show me you're not a follower, but a leader."

0 Not allowed!
      Rege looked at the stone and smiled. "Yes, Ma'am..." her voice murmured out of habit. She felt her power wrap around her once more. The dark storm of the Force covering her like a friend's arms, or, more likely, a warm cloak. She held out her right hand and sent a small shaft forward to lift the rock. At first there was nothing. She took a deep breath and let he rmind go. There was no forcing the rock to rise, it was merely a thought of moving it up, rather than sideways. Suddenly it flew up as quickly as a newly activated combat droid.

Most students would panic, pull back, drop it. Not Rege. The joy on her face as possibilities lit up her mind made her look like a child with an endless supply of candy. She let go as the stone went up, but she managed to wrangle it as it started to drop. It took her a moment, her chin tucked as her eyes narrowed and focused till only the rock remained in her vision. Her lip slid between her teeth as she moved the rock close enough to let it drop in the palm of her hand. Her grin spread with enough to bunch her cheeks like a cherubs. But angelic was certainly not a word that would have been attributed to her. She turned her hand over to let the rock drop and looked around her feet.

Looking at Lykeira, she seemed about to ask something. But then she stopped and looked back down. Letting her power flow down and away from her like a waterfall, she held both hands, palms down at her side. She tried to lift the small gathering of rocks and stones around her. She growled slightly under her breath but she still could only move about half a dozen stones close to the size the woman across from her had orginally lifted. Her frustration beat at her skull. She had to be able to do this. She wasn't a follower... But the rage did the opposite of what she planned. Rather than pulse thru her and lift the stones higher, they all simultanously slammed so hard into the ground that a small cloud of dust rose around her feet like she had stamped her feet in a small temper tantrum.

She was panting slightly as she looked up at the woman. She hated asking for help but in this case, she didn't have a choice. You didn't learn without asking. "How... how do I lift more than just one? Or does the Force weaken when it's spread thin like that?" She wanted to know. She'd had a taste of it and now understood the draw, the pleasure, the nearly drunken feeling she had seen on the faces of others even just in the practice yards when she had first come back. And she desperately wanted that feeling.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She grinned wryly, arms now crossed as she eyed her student. "The Force doesn't weaken, you're not that strong yet. There's an infinite amount of energy in the universe to tap into, so," she shrugged. "Once you master using and manipulating one object, then keep pushing yourself." Sniffing, she then glanced at the stone at Regeant's feet and raised it once more, then let it spin before her student. Within moments, she launched it at a fallen column with such speed that the rock shattered spraying bits in all directions.

"You can also use objects as missiles should the need arise," she stated. "Use that same mental hand to throw one at that same column. Use all that frustration and anger in you, bend the Force to your will and..." hazel green eyes motioned to the column. "Think of that as someone you hate."

0 Not allowed!
      Her temper simmered a bit when it was confirmed that what she was trying wasn't impossible, just not possible at this juncture in her training. As Lykeira took the stone and literally shattered it against the column off to Rege's side, a smile of glee lit her eyes. She had imagined moving stones and objects as a distraction, but not as a weapon. The idea appealed to her violent side in a way not much in her past had to this point. "Yes, Master," she said without thinking as she turned to face the obelisk beside her.

Rege nodded at the idea to focus on someone she hated. She didn't say the name out loud, but the foremost thought on her mind was Nova. For all she cared for him, she had realized as he left her that it was her weakness. She had learned a valuable lesson from him, though... caring for someone was a pointless use of emotions. As she thought of that, the stone beside her rose as she clenched her fist in thought. She lifted her hand and the stone obeyed without wavering. But her anger at herself for the wasted emotions, and her rage at Nova for her perceived abandonment were stronger than her concentration.

All her frustration culminated with a half growl, half cry as she hurled the rock to its target. The stone flew hard and fast, and had it struck a person, the person certainly would have been knocked senseless. But it definitely didn't shatter. There was too much Force and not enough focus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast