• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3
      Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
      She understood the uncertainty as they walked toward the landing area, knowing the ship that she had hired to bring her here probably wouldn't be leaving until the morning, but at least she could get Rynn settled and they could get some sleep. "Everyone that uses the Force has the ability to use the same skills, but Jedi only train in the things that can help us save lives and protect the innocent. Sith use their gift to enslave not only others, but also themselves. Darkness in one's self only feeds on the person, it doesn't offer anything in return." She let that sink in as they passed quiet shops and stalls, the night time having chased everyone home to rest.

Grinning at Rynn's last query, Kaie couldn't help herself. "The Force works in mysterious ways. I have the ability of foresight and I've used that to see people like you and I that have only recently touched their gift, or it's manifested itself in a way that makes them afraid or excited. That emotion sends waves through the universe which those of us that can sense such things pick up on. I was meditating when I was given the first vision of you, but the dream that night was what really sent me on this path." Green eyes noted her dim features highlighted in the moon's glow. "To find you."

Thumbs Up
      Received: 2
      Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
      Rynn looked at the woman as they walked. "So Jedi and the... Sith?... they aren't the same? Are there others out there, too?" The idea of good and bad people with the power she had witnessed bot fascinated and scared her. Her voice belayed the latter, but her curiosity spoke to the former.

As Kaie spoke of being sent here speciically for her, she laughed. "So you mean you dreamt I had this... power?" She tried to think back to the last time it had been used. She tried to remember when she knew something had happened that didn't make sense at the time. As she thought about it, she glanced up at the woman. "A few weeks ago. Mam was making dinner. The pot slipped. It should have splashed all over her... burned her... but," her brow furrowed as she tried to rationalize what had happened. "It missed. Completely." The scene played in her head. "I hollered, was rushing towards her, wanted to catch the pan but I was too far away." She glanced up at Kaie with curiosity on her face. "Did I do that? Save her from being horribly burned? But how?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Actually, there are many different groups that use the Force in one way or another," she added, knowing Rynn was getting into a life that was going to sweep her up in a large galaxy full of politics and other adventures. Sometimes without even trying.

Her further inquiry as they moved into the wide open area toward the freighter, Kaie listened and nodded. "Like I mentioned earlier, the Force gifts us with a lot of different abilities and feeling danger is one of many. You'll understand more of this as we get your training started." She also had many questions when she first got started and understood the need to know everything she could before getting started. It was only natural, especially since Rynn had probably never even been off of Jakku before. Soon approaching the freighter, she pushed the button on the panel to open it and moved to enter, the servos whining as the ramp lowered.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Rynn nodded as the woman spoke of others who used their powers who weren't bad. "So you mean when I'm in danger, or someone I love is, I can influence what happens?" As they paused at the freighter and the ramp lowered, Rynn stared up at it. It was huge, in her mind. She'd never seen any of the ships that came and went except as they flew over the city. But that far overhead, they didn't seem daunting or huge.

As she stood there watching Kaie move up the ramp, she looked at the girl's back a moment. "I've never been in a ship. Never left here," she motioned to the planet, "never left town, even." She crossed her arms and took a step up on the ramp. It was almost as if she could feel her life shifting under her and she had to reach out to grab the wall as she stepped up. Panic made her power flare. A small tool box beside Kaie wobbled slightly but nothing more. Rynn didn't notice. She put a smile on her face and tried to look like it didn't matter. "Guess we will see what the galaxy has in store, eh?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "It's possible to influence someone's mind to keep them from getting violent, but be careful on how you use the Force. The ends don't justify the means and you'd be amazed how easy it is to suddenly find yourself allowing things that you shouldn't which eventually leads to the dark side." Her warning having been seen firsthand on numerous occasions, Jedi that she had served with leaving the temple and order to join the Sith, or vanish altogether. As the ramp soon settled to the ground, she joined Rynn near the bottom and moved to climb it into the ship and smiled at her new student's trepidation.

"Leaving home isn't easy, but trust me, this first step is going to lead you to greater things. Using the Force to save lives and help people is a reward in itself." Knowing the crew would be asleep, she tired her best to remain quiet as they headed to their room, the pair of bunks offered to guests and Kaie would show Rynn to an empty one across from her own.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Rynn nodded as she waited for the ramp. "I can imagine it's not easy... Keeping your emotions from making you make bad choices in the heat of a moment. I'll try my best to keep them in check." As the ramp settled, she followed the woman up into the ship and moved as quietly as Kaie and didn't answer till they were in their room, the door closed on the others who slept elsewhere. Sitting on the bunk she had pointed to, Rynn sighed.

"I want to help folks more than anything. I want to prove to my dad that this power, this Force, isn't all bad. And that having it doesn't make me a bad person."
      She hadn't even realized that's what it was till Kaie had come into her life. She scooted back and leaned on the bulkhead. Pulling her knees up and wrapping her arms around them, she watched the woman move around the room a bit before she spoke again.

"I'll need to find a job. I have a bit of cred, but not enough to get a place or anything. I do have some good skills though my weaving and pottery leave a lot to be desired." She laughed remembering that was why she had been at the market in the first place.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Getting ready for bed, Kaie listened to the concern and smiled. "I work in the medbay and tend to the garden there at the temple. Some of the elixirs that I make have bought many of the things that I've needed in the medbay, but we have benefactors that support us as well as governments, so don't worry too much about needing to make money. What we do with our gift gains a lot of support from a host of worlds, so focus more on learning about the Force for now. If you wanted to help support the orphanage or other things that we do, then you can figure that out later." She had always been involved with her hobbies and going to various worlds to help tend to a problem, but never once thought about the need to make a living. To the galaxy, being a Jedi was a profession.

Crawling into bed, she pulled the thick comforter over her and relaxed. "Get some rest, tomorrow's going to be a long day," she grinned, then pointed to the refresher. "Take a shower if you wanted, might help you sleep better."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Rynn listened and while it made sense, some of it boggled her mind. She had just assumed she would be expected to work while she studied. The fact that wasn't the case set her a bit off kilter. "I'll make sure studies come first, Ma'am," the young girl nodded as Kaie prepared herself for bed.

Things the woman said ran and danced in Rynn's head to the point that she wondered if she would be able to sleep at all. She had no idea the government would support such things. That was, perhaps the biggest surprise she had heard so far.

"I'll do my best. G'night, Lady." Rynn smiled and headed for the bath, turning out the light as she went.

--
      Less than thirty minutes later, despite her fear, she was out cold in her tshirt, having brought no other clothes with her in her rush to depart. Whatever was the to come, the young girl was on her way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12