SWRPG resident Zombie
      Mood:
      Inspired

Thumbs Up
      Received: 32
      Given: 45

Lending a Helping Hand - Neo

0 Not allowed!
      It has been a week since N’yssa first met, and talked to a new Padawan by the name of Neo. It was probably not the best of first introductions, as the meeting was brief, awkward at times and eventually just faded off. The pink haired Jedi did remember offering Neo help with his studies, though not much more came of it that night, so she shouldn’t have been surprised when a message arrived taking her up on her offer.

Of course N’yssa accepted. She always did.

She sent a reply, simply requesting Neo to meet her in the Training Dojo the following afternoon. What they will work on will depend on what study Neo needed help with. Without a clear lesson plan, N’yssa had to prepare for anything, making the Dojo the best place given all any teacher needed for a class was close at hand.

So she waited, standing the in the middle of the room for Neo to arrive. Eyes closed, allowing the Force to flow through her body.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 3
      Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
      Neo walked from his room and headed to the Training Dojo. It was the afternoon and he was dressed warm enough but had light fitting clothing on. A blue t-shirt and blue track pants on. Or what looked like them anyways. He'd found them in the closet which was a surprise to him. The clone Jedi Padawan then kept a good pace and remembered where it was at. He had sent a message to N'yssa for help in his training. Being the one in the room before with Caltin and the others in their session that he had no clue what they were talking about. All was new to him and he felt isolated in that aspect.

When she accepted his request he smiled. Being a clone he felt awkward at times. Especially who he was cloned from. The evil clown who was his template. The visions of what the Sith Lord did still ran through his mind at times and he wanted no part of what the clown did. Neo wanted to be the exact opposite of Jack. Something better. Hope. A light in the shadow the dark and chaos. The warmth of sunlight more or less. It's what he would drive himself to be. Making his way through the corridors and hallways the Padawan briefly smiled at those who he passed by. He wasn't the most social but he was starting to break out of that.

In ten minutes he found the dojo that N'yssa said to meet her in and he then opened the door. Seeing her in the middle of the room meditating it seemed he then smiled briefly. Bowing his head he then managed to find some words to say.

"Afternoon, Master N'yssa." Neo stated as he then locked his red colored eyes on her.

New Jedi Order Council Member
      SWRPG resident Zombie
      Mood:
      Inspired

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      N’yssa opened her eyes when she heard Neo’s voice. She turned to face him, a soft, warm smile on her face.

“Afternoon to you to Neo. You mentioned you’d like some help harnessing the Force, I hope today I can help you with that. Give you some guidance and even some skills that you can practice and expand upon by yourself - or with other Padawans.” N’yssa said, hoping Neo would take the advice of being more social to the other Padawans and Jedi at the temple.

“So, given that I’m mentoring you at the moment… do you have any questions about the Force before we start? Have you learned to connect to it at all yet?”

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Neo then smiled back as she smiled at him. He then sat down in front of her as he took the same meditative position she had. He'd seen the same class with Caltin, but didn't understand why they all did it then. Maybe he would now since he was being taught by N'yssa. He had a feeling he'd enjoy what today would bring. In time he'd learn to be more social with others. All he needed was time to adjust to everything since it was new to him.

"I do indeed need help." Neo stated simply, "Any help you could give me is well appreciated."

With that N'yssa mentioned that if he had any questions to ask that he should. There was one that was on his mind. The idea if the Force, particularly the Dark Side could be simply there as means of chaos. Was it chaos? Did it revel in what others did to spread such chaos and darkness across the galaxy? Those were questions he wished to ask. Maybe N'yssa could answer them and maybe not. All depended he supposed. Then she asked if he connected to it at all. Which he hadn't of course.

"I haven't been taught how to open myself to it. But, I know a bit about it. From the visions I had on Kamino. Through my template." He said once more simply, "I have a few questions though. Is the Dark Side chaos? Does it revel in those who create it or spread it?"

SWRPG resident Zombie
      Mood:
      Inspired

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      A loaded question for sure. N’yssa’s shoulders fell as she thought of a decent way to answer Neo’s question.

“Basically yes. Those who follow the dark side tend to cause chaos, and yes, they seem to gain strength in that chaos... however that is not true strength just an illusion. The Dark Side of the Force doesn’t limit it’s power to chaos however, there have been Sith I met who are strategic, manipulative, and intelligent. Chaos may be under the surface for groups like the Sith, however I do not believe it is the only route they take.”

N’yssa paused, she had to be careful with her words.

“The study between the Light and Dark sides of the Force is one best suited for a philosophy lesson. There are a lot of differences between the two sides, Chaos vs Serenity, Ignorance vs. Knowledge, Death vs Life. I hope I explained that well enough.”

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Neo then nodded, "I thought so."

Straightening up he heard what she spoke of as she explained what he wanted to know. Nodding his head he then kept his red eyes focused on her. Focused on what would come next. He was ready for the lesson. Wanted to feel what everyone else did within the Jedi. There was a calmness within Neo and an innocence like a young teen or a young boy. All he had to do was tap into that today. Tap into the peace he felt by being where he knew he belonged. Having a family. Sure he was awkward. Anti social at times but he was adjusting to being more social.

"I believe you have. Philosophy can come later as you said." Neo said simply, "I'm ready to begin though."

SWRPG resident Zombie
      Mood:
      Inspired

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      “Good. We will start with your connection to the Force.” N’yssa said, straightening her back. “As you’ve most likely already learn, the Force is energy that is all around us, connecting to it however can be difficult. Everyone has their own technique when it comes to connecting to the Force, some take a meditative approach, while others feel a stronger connection in nature, or secluded in their room. For now I’m going to help you make your first connection by wrapping the the Light side Force around you. You, in turn will open your senses, and try to feel that connection and once I feel you then I’ll drop back and it’ll be up to you to maintain that hold.”

N’yssa paused and took a breath. “The key is to remain calm, collective and patient. Close your eyes and take a couple of deep breaths, then… reach out with your mind, with your soul. I promise you I’m right here and will guide you along.”

She gave a comforting smile at Neo. “Ready to begin?”

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Neo listened intently to N'yssa as she explained that it can be difficult at times to connect to the Force. He knew that he might have trouble but he couldn't give up on it. Just because it didn't happen the first time didn't mean it wouldn't the second or third. All he could do was keep trying. While he listened he focused his mind and his body to settle himself and keep calm. She mentioned that she would envelop him with the Light Side and it was up to him to reach out for it. Might take a moment or two but he figured that he'd be able to establish a connection. All the Padawan could do was be confident in himself.

Taking a few breaths in and out he then calmed himself down. At times he could feel anxious which in time he knew he'd be alright. All he had to do was breathe and know that there were others here to support him. In whatever way they could. The Jedi were where he belonged and in his mind he knew that he would be able to do the most good in the galaxy if he prepared himself. Be social and experience things more then he did already. So with that he kept himself breathing and focused on the task at hand.

"I'm ready." Neo said as N'yssa asked the question.

SWRPG resident Zombie
      Mood:
      Inspired

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      N’yssa nodded her head and closed her eyes. Drawing on the Force, she felt comforted by the warmth of the Light as it filled her body with it’s unnatural power. She then focused the energy towards Neo, wrapping it around him, seeking his mind to help him feel that same feeling, to understand the power that is within the Force and how to understand it.

“Do you feel it?” N’yssa asked. At this point there wasn’t much more she could do but wait for Neo to reply, to feel him open to the Force and let the light inside.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Neo sat there trying to feel something in the Force. At the moment she wrapped him with the warmth of the Light he felt a warm feeling. Just didn't know what it was exactly. Closing his eyes he kept reaching and further and further going to that warm feeling. But, he didn't feel any warmer or anything. It was just...the same as he was without touching the Force itself. Normality in all its glory. To some that would be ideal to their life but for Neo he knew he had the gift of it. As the clone Padawan then kept reaching out further he felt a small tunnel of something.

It then reached itself toward him as well. A small light at the end of a large tunnel. It was like a pinprick of light that he could see for himself. A smile almost came to his face but he then kept concentrating on it. As if he was walking further to it he kept seeing that small dot get bigger. Feeling such warmth the more he got closer. It's warmth more of a deeper warmth then just physical body and it was a connection to the Force itself he knew. Neo at that point ran to it, and in his mind he reached his hand out to touch it. The Light was starting to embrace him and he felt such peace with himself that he wasn't who Jack was. He wasn't who any Sith were. That he was better. Stronger for what he was and in that moment the light burst around him and he felt the warmth that N'yssa embraced him with.

Opening his red eyes he then smiled fully this time. He had touched it! It felt rather comforting and at the same time overwhelming to him. No longer was he under such vision of darkness as Jack had made him see. There was something much different about him now. Neo felt nothing like this ever in his short life in the galaxy. Now he had touched the Force and he wouldn't go back. Breathing in and out a big heavily he then calmed himself and breathed steady this time. Looking up at her he then nodded as she asked if he felt it.

"Yes...I finally feel it." Neo stated as he then smiled happily, "It took me a moment but it felt like I was running to it. Once I got there...it just poured over me like sunlight."

SWRPG resident Zombie
      Mood:
      Inspired

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      “Good. It is a good idea to meditate like this, to get used to that feeling, to practice drawing on it and learn to listen to the wisdom the Force shares.” N’yssa said with a smile. “Yes, I said listen. It’s hard to explain but the Force is more than just energy that we can draw from there are lessons it teaches us as long as you can be patient and listen.”

N’yssa withdrew her own energy from Neo, letting him maintain the connection to the Force on his own merit. She waited, letting him get comfortable with that feeling. Once she felt comfortable, she stood to her feet and moved to the side of the room where a rock the size of her fist stood.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      OOC: Sorry about the total delay

"I'll be sure to listen, Master Farifax." Neo said as he then kept his connection to the Force, feeling the sunlight as he felt it as wash over him and through him.

The Padawan then released it as he then opened his eyes. After he opened them he stood up as she did and when she moved to the other side of the room he did the same. There was a rock the size of her fist that stood and he then canted his head and looked at it blinking his red eyes. Wondering why it was there he didn't say anything and just observed it for a moment. Though he then breathed in through his nose and let it out before he then channeled the Force once more to himself making sure he could do it again. Not wanting that feeling to waver or the Force to not be able to flow through him.

"It is quite a feeling, the Force. I suppose my template was on a spectrum that I never wanted to grasp. Though in some way I understand it as I saw through his eyes. Good thing that I don't have to anymore. Gave me nightmares." Neo stated as his red eyes looked up at her from the rock.

SWRPG resident Zombie
      Mood:
      Inspired

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      “You know that if those nightmares get worse - or if you feel like you need to talk - I am always available to listen.” N’yssa said. Neo’s words had her wonder what her own clone went through. The Jedi Master didn’t dwell on it long, the clone had been dealt with years ago now.

“I don’t have much experience with clones, or the condition of linked memories. I don’t want you to feel like you’re facing these challenges alone.”

N’yssa made eye contact with Neo, giving him an encouraging smile, hoping that the Force will guide him through this path he placed himself on.

“Let’s move on now that you able to feel and draw upon the Force and teach you how to extend it outwards towards objects.... in particular this rock.” N’yssa said, placing the rock in front of Neo.

“These skills are grouped together in similarities - Push, Pull, Levitate and Throw. All these skills require you to use the Force and move objects. Size and weight does not matter in this case - but we will start small. The basics of these skills require you to concentrate on the object at hand - the rock in this case. Try to imagine the Force as an extension of yourself - your hand... reach out with it’s power and wrap it around the rock... try to lift it, or move it in any direction.”

N’yssa stood back and let Neo attempt this skill for himself first. If he had difficulty she’ll step in and give him an example, but she trusted Neo to figure this out on his own.