• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 14
      Given: 21

0 Not allowed!
      Seated in the comfortable establishment, already knowing instinctively where the exits were, how many served and how many were in the kitchen, the life-long spy had gotten so used to assessing everything around her that it had become second nature. Hazel eyes glanced up as people passed, some leaving the well decorated interior as others came in for the evening dinner. They had used this place more than once, it being one of Cymbrecia's favorite and though the agent would've preferred to keep random choices to visit, she acquiesced to her favorite "niece's" choice. That and she knew it would be something familiar for Cabrin as well.

Soon, she glanced up through the large picture window to her left and recognized the trio now walking up to the front door, a grin natural on her face as they soon entered and she stood, greeting Cymbrecia with a tight hug, the girl having grown so fast. "Hey there, you," she grinned, then backed.

"Hey," Cymbrecia grabbed the chair to Maggie's left and plopped down as Maggie then turned her attention to her friend and his new love interest.

Extending her hand, Maggie smiled. "Pleasure to finally meet you, Llewel. Maggie," she glanced to Cabrin and back. "In case you didn't know already."

"Yeah, we told her," Cymbrecia informed, now perusing the dinner menu hovering before her from a small holoprojector in the table.

Moving to Cabrin, she gave him a hug also, then backed and sat down. "Glad you guys could make it, I haven't eaten much today, so I'm starved."

Video - thanks Adam

Thumbs Up
      Received: 2
      Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
      Before he had a chance, Cabrin motioned to Llewel as she and Maggie seemed to hit it off already, then returned the hug. Holding Llewel's chair, he then sat down to her left, completing the circle now. "Yeah, we hung out at the beach for a while, then grabbed a quick shower. I'm getting hungry too," he stated, then tapped the button to the small holoprojector before him and perused the drinks first. Choosing one, he then surveyed the list for dinner, though already had a good idea what he wanted.

Cymbrecia leaned over to Llewel, "This place has a great seafood platter, should try it," she informed. "I'm getting one."

Cabrin grinned, "Still don't know where you put all that and stay so thin. Have to teach me your secret."

Right hand perched up, elbow on the table, she motioned nonchalantly. "Perfect genes, that's all it is."

Chuckling, he shook his head. "Uh huh."

0 Not allowed!
      Llewel settled down across from Maggy and Cabrin sat to her right, across from his daughter. As he pulled up the menu, she smiled and nodded and the girl. "Sounds good to me." As Cabrin laughed at Bree's shape, she smiled. "No worries, Cabrin. I'll just run us harder at the gym on Monday. You'll have your figure back in no time." She laughed as they ordered drinks and dinner.

Llewel listened to Maggy and Bree go on about a holo Bree had seen and the newest clothes both were hoping to acquire. Being out of her league on both counts, she settled for sipping her drink and smiling at the girl. It was nice there was someone else she had to go to besides just Llewel.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Drinks delivered by their waitress, Maggie sipped as she and Cymbrecia caught up for a moment, letting Llewel and Cabrin choose their orders for dinner. Soon, she perched her left arm on the table, leaning in, her slender hand supporting her chin. "So, tell me about yourself, Llewel. I know pretty much everything about these two, so," she grinned.

"A bit too much some might say," Cymbrecia smirked, leaning back in the chair.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Blue eyes focused on the discussion, taking Llewel's hand as his forearm lay on the armrest, grinning at her, then turned his attention to Maggie as she tried to open things up with his fellow lieutenant. Glancing to his daughter first, he chuckled knowing that was the truth, then to the girl to his right. Admiring her smile and demeanor, he knew he had found someone in the sniper, though he had discovered there was so much more to her than just being a soldier, just like everyone else.

He quietly listened and soon their platters arrived, offering him a chance to finally eat, the smells watering his mouth before he realized it. "Wow, this looks good."

0 Not allowed!
      Llewel took a sip of her drink and set it down as Maggy asked her question. "Not much to tell, really, I'm afraid. Cabrin and I know one another from work. I'm the sniper in his squad. I think besides that and this young lady," she smiled and playfully shoved Bree's shoulder slightly, "taking me shopping every time I'm not in the field, there isn't really anything else."

Not wanting the weird pause in dinner, she turned the question back on her. "So how did you meet Cabrin?" She knew of their history but had never asked how it had occurred. As the food came, they all tucked in and she wasn't worried about getting an immediate answer. "This is good, Bree. Nice suggestion, thanks." She took another mouthful of the amazing white fish in sauce on her plate and smiled.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Maggie refrained from mentioning that she had seen the full background check on the girl, once learning that she had become a part of her friend's life. Family, home, education as well as training records, she was impressed though on most counts and smiled as Llewel deflected. They hadn't gotten to know one another that well yet, so Maggie let her have her space as the food arrived. Keeping to her salad and sandwich, she knew this was more than enough for her.

"No problem," Cymbrecia beamed, sitting up again as she then began digging in, acting more like a mechanic that she was instead of a proper lady, though everyone at the table was already used to her manner. "Love this stuff."

"It is good," Maggie agreed, eyeing the platter full of various meats and sauces as well as the side of fries. Letting everyone dig into their meal, she waited for a bit before divulging how she and Cabrin met. "Fork perched up as she swallowed, "I met Cabrin fifteen years ago, actually. He and his friends were hiding out from the Imperial navy on a backwater and we happened upon one another. Not realizing we had the same issues with the Empire until later, I ended up flying with them for some time, until I met his ex and this girl here," she eyed Cymbrecia and smiled warmly. "Along with her brother." Hazel eyes rose to Llewel again. "Careers took us in different directions, but we kept in touch and I ended up talking him into joining the Army instead of freelancing."

She took another bite and savored it, then set her fork down. "I work for the government here, so have a lot of friends that were able to help get the paperwork to the right people."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Cabrin listened, recalling those first days and kept his peace until she finished, eyeing Llewel once in a while during the story and hoped she didn't think that anything more than just friendship happened between them. She already seemed like she felt as the odd one out. He was also glad that Cymbrecia didn't blurt out what department of the government Maggie worked for, though he always trusted her to keep certain things private, that needed to be.

"I actually liked the idea of having a stable home," he glanced to Cymbrecia, "Especially when she wanted to come and live with me. Keep an eye on the house while I'm gone, but also nice knowing she's safe here."

"I'm not a helpless kid anymore," Cymbrecia defended.

"I know, just glad that you're with us, here."

She nodded, agreeing. Her stint in the penal colony joked about, but he knew that still bothered her a bit.

0 Not allowed!
      Llewel smiled as the stories unfolded. "I can imagine him being some great rebel," she laughed at the idea of the military stumbling over her Lieutenant in the field and discovering he was leading a small army of his own.

When stability and a home popped up, Llewel nodded. "My family is ok, I guess." She glanced at Maggy, "They are upset my little venture into the Army hasn't waned yet. They were invited to my reenlistment ceremony next year and dad won't come. They keep saying I've done my part and should come home. They had plans for me." She took a bite of her food realizing she had rambled to someone she still considered a stranger. As Bree mentioned she wasn't a kid anymore, she used that as a chance to change subjects. "Well, sadly, as long as you have parents, you are always going to be seen as a kid." She said as she realized her own parents still saw her that way.

Glancing back at Maggy she smiled. "I'm glad you recruited him. He has a good mind. Hardly any problem on a mission he can't handle. That I know of so far," she laughed and glanced at Cabrin. "I guess I consider the barracks a stable home now. So yea, I see the appeal of knowing you have a place to come back to when all's said and done. A place your things are and people you know who know you." The idea of coming home to see Bree was one that hit a spot in her every time and she didn't realize she had been looking at the girl as she spoke.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Body language and tone told the trained spy even more than her words did, but Maggie reacted to what was said instead. Again, another talent of the craft, glancing to Cymbrecia as the center of attention instead of the two ladies being friend with the only male at the table. The mention of family drew a bit of honesty to those trained as Maggie's mind flashed to her own home, back on Belsavis. One now forgotten to time, except to those that still lived to tell the tales.

Maggie grinned at the comment, now understanding Llewel a bit better. "Family can be a stable place to rush back to, or a nightmare," she grinned, then took another sip of her wine and set it back on the table.

"Especially when they leave their dirty clothes on the floor," Cymbrecia glanced to Cabrin, then pressed out a smile.

Hazel eyes shot to Cabrin, "Wow, really?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Suddenly now the center of attention, Cabrin's mouth fell open, "Hey, I was tired after a long op, leave me alone. They got to the laundry room.... eventually."

"Yeah," Cymbrecia leaned in, "You're welcome."

"See," he shrugged. "What's the problem?"

"Wow," she motioned to Llewel, "You're going to put her through that.... someday? That's just wrong." Blue eyes turned to the sniper. "I don't know, if you're smart, you'll cut him off now. Run, while you still can."

Cabrin chuckled, "Thanks for the support."

0 Not allowed!
      Llewel laughed. "You should see him on an extended op. I wonder if we aren't given away by the mess we leave behind us." As Bree went on about his clothes and her picking them up, she patted the girls arm. "Between us I think we can break him," she winked conspiratorily at the young woman and laughed at Maggy.

"I think running would let him off too easily." She smiled at the man in question, unaware of how well Maggy was reading her. To be honest to herself, though unable to admit it out loud, she didn't think she could run. Not now...

"Besides," she laughed and grinned at Maggy. "Every time he leaves clothes on the floor, maybe we should punish him with another trip to the Emporium. Make him try on shirts and such till he's so sick of them he puts them in the washer bin just so he doesn't have to see them anymore." She laughed as she finished her dinner and pressed her plate to the side for a passing droid to snag up.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Maggie chuckled, loving the banter between them and how Llewel fit right in. "Oh, that's a great idea," she added, knowing dragging Cabrin near a store like that would bore him to death. The three ladies now ganging up on her friend, she smiled at him. "Going to need someone to carry our bags too, so," she shrugged nonchalantly, keeping the sarcastic tone going.

"Help you work out when you miss it," Cymbrecia chimed in. "Besides, the clothes you wear now went out of style even before I was born, so you should be glad that we're helping."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Cabrin gave up trying to defend himself, then eyed Llewel, "They don't need your help in this, trust me."

"She's decides not to run, might as well get used to it," Cymbrecia kept going, then smiled at him. "You asked for it."

"Yeah," he nodded, glancing down to his plate and took another bite. "I did that." The light mood at the table was the main reason that he loved all three of these women, he knew, smiling as they continued with the banter, not minding being the punching bag for a while.

0 Not allowed!
      Glass in one hand, the other patted Cabrin's leg in sympathy. "No worries, hun. We won't give you too many clothes. Just enough to keep you in style so you don't embarrass your daughter when you go out." She hadn't even realized the term of endearment she had dropped in front of everyone. The idea of coming home from an op with him and sitting at the table with him and Bree was a pleasant thought and one that tugged at her chest. Maybe the barracks wasn't enough anymore.

Glancing back at Maggy, she smiled. "We'll have to take you along. I fear when it comes to shopping, I'm helpless." She laughed and nodded to Bree. "She practically had to brow beat me the first time we met, just to buy myself a new jacket." She knew her own shopping habits were horrendous and in need of upgrading, according to the young woman. But to Llewel, if she had clean tshirts and a nice pair of denims, she was set.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234