• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 3
      Given: 6

0 Not allowed!
      Sensing no deceit in him, she relaxed a bit more and now knowing that this home once belonged to his family, she knew it wouldn't be long before a Sith showed up here, looking for him. Jealousy and hatred being some of their traits, she had a feeling that they needed to get out of here soon. Still curious, she remained standing where she was as he talked, then soon finished. The stance was one she could understand, hating what you had once been because of the psychopaths that you lived around everyday. Not too unlike the Pachmari, she recalled.

"So," she eased into the question as best as she could. "Seeing what they were and what you had become, what made you change your mind about them?" Little did he know, but his recruitment had already begun.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 0
      Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus then shrugged, "I just didn't feel comfortable with what they'd become. Plus those who are too simple minded aren't my type of people to be around anymore. Anger is one thing...you just can't let it overcome you. Too much and your blinded to it. Like a Nexu seeing blood. They'll rush after what is bleeding and not think twice."

As she remained standing he then sat back on the couch. He'd pondered staying of course with the Sith. But their own arrogance would be their undoing. Marcus shouldn't have had to prove anything to anyone there. As cunning and intelligent as he was they could have benefited from his intellect. But that was their loss now. No need to fret over it now. Their loss would be someone else's gain. Truth be told his return to them and prior to that he only killed those people because it was the only way. Not that he could have faced all those hit men by himself. Marcus had needed something to do it with. Which was why he chose to blow up a shuttle. It was scheduled to be unused after that last run. So he thought it would be fitting to blow it up. Of course that was all planned for a while.

"Plus with those who weren't so arrogant they were so uptight their arrogance was knowledge. Their knowledge is what I had sought out in the first place when I went back. But those who had such knowledge should have realized their numbers have dwindled and they shouldn't be so picky. To me, knowledge is very important. I'm intelligent enough and plan almost everything I do. Whether it be a few hours ahead or a few months ahead. Their loss I suspect." Marcus said with a laugh although it was quite short of one, "Anyways, I just don't agree with what they've become. Power is one thing. But power can be defined in many ways. My sort of power is knowledge. Which is why I always try and learn something. Even if I won't really use it right away."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Still secure in his honesty, Shyahwyn continued listening and weighing each word as well as his body language. He hadn't been waiting for her, and seemed rather concerned about being found here, though she also didn't notice any packed bags laying nearby. He was still dangerous, but not to her and the dark jedi knew that was a plus indeed. Finding another dark sider that wasn't consumed by it was a character strength rather and weakness and something that every member of the Covenant had. It was rare, she knew. Those who could walk that thin line and not fall either way had to be chosen carefully.

Shyahwyn nodded at his last statement. "Knowledge is power, that's true. How its employed is wisdom," she grinned. "My step-mother used to preach to me all the time," she chuckled lightly and took another sip of her juice, then walked the near empty bottle to the kitchen. "If you don't mind me saying so, you don't seem to be in any big hurry to leave, knowing that they could come knocking on your door any day now." Setting the bottle in the trash reclamator, she turned back toward her host and walked toward the opposite end of the couch, listening to his reply.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus grinned at the statement of wisdom, "I can agree. How it's used is wisdom as you say."

Nodding his head when Shyahwyn spoke of her step-mother preaching to her he knew that all too well. His father used to preach about different subjects. Marcus listened intently to it but some he didn't take seriously. Some of it was his fathers opinions on the matter. But Marcus took things in stride. Plus he had enough intellect to plan ahead and do what he felt he had to or what was deemed necessary. Looking as she walked to the trash reclamator the former Sith then shrugged at her words of not being in a big hurry. True, he wasn't in a big hurry and if they came looking for him he knew that he'd make a stand either way. He wasn't gonna be bullied by a bunch of brainless oafs.

"Eh, I guess you could say I'm not. But granted I haven't been home long guess I was just seeing how everything was here. I have my bags in my old room from when I was a kid. Lot of memories there." Marcus said chuckling, "Guess something along the lines would give me cause to leave. After I check everything out here guess I'll go somewhere else. Where to I'm not sure. If I had another place I would go there. Just don't know how they would take to me being a former Sith."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Emerald eyes watched him as he spoke and she listened to his plans, or lack thereof. Having nowhere safe to run to was very similar to the way Killian had found her, so many years ago. The memory prompted a smile as she recalled how he greeted her in the herb shop, perusing various ingredients for future elixirs. Lips pursed slightly, she shifted her weight to the right as she crossed her arms.

"Had your life turned out differently, what would you have done with your ability with the Force instead of being one of them? What made you seek out the Sith to begin with?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus then shrugged once more, "I'm sure I would have found somewhere to go. At a point in my life all I sought was revenge. Blinded by rage and hatred for my own cousin. He was a Jedi then and again I think he is now still. Haven't seen or heard about him for a long time. What can I say, I was younger then and didn't learn that revenge isn't everything. Someone had pointed that out to me a while back."

He then sat up once more. Thinking of his life now he would have tried to help at least a few if he hadn't been so bent on revenge. Now that he looked at it all, revenge wasn't the greatest thing. All he was at that stage was blind to what he couldn't see. Beaten down by someone who he shouldn't have let beat him down. Ket was powerful, sure, but at the same time he was a wolf. Trying to make Marcus be like him which wouldn't have ever been.

"I could have used such talents to help at least someone. Maybe turned them away from being a Sith. Or a Jedi. But if that is what their plans were maybe I could have made them see that they could use their talents for something better. Even if I had never used the Force at all. I'm sure I could have done something. There would have been a sign somewhere or another. Like there was for me to leave the Sith. Something just came to me and I knew that the veil had lifted and that I wasn't one of them anymore. Just as they weren't a part of my life at that point." Marcus said honestly.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She nodded quietly, knowing that many who still had their humanity felt the desire to help once in a while. Especially after a moment of clarity, which she imagined would come fairly quickly when living and training among sociopaths. Killian still had his scars, she knew and some that would probably never go away after being one of them. If Marcus were to join the Covenant, the ride to Ruusan would give her more time to evaluate him and know whether or not he had what it took to be one of them.

Scanning around them once more, "Sure you can leave all this? The memories, the old life?" Her gaze fell to him once more. "There is so much more out there than murdering because it's fun. Or stealing just because you have a gift that few others do. Standing for justice instead of being passive or being a tyrant."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus then laughed, "I have before haven't I?"

Looking around he then smiled for a moment before he stood up and walked to the other room. His old room. It didn't matter if she followed or not. She seemed like the type who wouldn't back stab him at this point. She could have at any moment beforehand so at this point he was trusting of her. Then again he trusted her more then he did the Sith at this moment. They were not to be trusted. All of them weren't. Low life scum who didn't see the error that caused their numbers to dwindle. Down to two at one point and time. He thought that in that time they'd learn. Guess not.

As he stood in the doorway of his room he then picked up his two suitcases and then headed back to the living room, when she made a statement that made clear sense to him, "Yeah. There is more to life then that. I am neither a saint nor a devil as it were. I've done stupid things...haven't we all? I've tried to do good. Even if it went against whatever code the Sith had. Dark Side...Light side...aren't they all part of the Force as it were. From what I gather at this point...it's not what powers you have...it's how you use them."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Nodding as she listened, noting the principles that he seemed to live by, she relaxed as he returned to the living room with his two bags, lowering her arms. "I'm Shyahwyn, by the way," she finally introduced.

"I may know of a place where you could be safe for a while, but before you say yes, I'll warn you, the world hates Force users. Sometimes the best place to hide is in plain sight," she grinned.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus nodded and set the bags down, "I'm Marcus. Sorry I wasn't being formal earlier. At times I think too much and even that slips by."

He then laughed for a moment. At times he actually did do that. There were times he was thinking of what could come ahead or what he wanted to do. Marcus was always planning things. Whether it be against an enemy, or just planning future things for himself. Though he sort of planned on leaving the Sith when he'd returned it was who he encountered that led him to leave. That part was on a whim. It was rare, but it happens once in a while.

When she grinned about hiding in plain sight and that the place she said he could be safe hated Force users he then shrugged at the end of his grin, "Eh, I've had worse places. I've had places where they hated humans. They didn't do anything to me because I had to show my use of the Force. That kinda deterred them so they left me alone."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12