• Worried
  • YeeHaw
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 0
      Given: 0

I'm starting to like this place(open)

0 Not allowed!
      It was his second day on Ruusan as Shyahwyn had brought him here. Though the first day was pretty good he had to say. Things were much better and people were friendly towards him unlike the Sith. Sure, nobles had their noses turned up at him because he 'looked like a commoner' to them. He rolled his eyes and walked away shaking his head. Only if they knew what the Force was and what could happen to them they'd shut up. But, he figured that was not a way to go. They were supposed to be secretive. An illusion to the populace. That part was explained by Shy on the way here. So in turn he knew what he had to do and what he wasn't supposed to do. All was clear to him now.

As he strolled through the gardens he then sat down on a bench near the large fountain. It overlooked the lake not far from him and he smiled. Marcus felt good to be free of what he used to be. All he was doing now was looking to what he will be. No longer was he some simple minded individual as the Sith were making him to be. Not some 'wolf' that his former Master tried to mold him into. Marcus was his own man now. He would crusade for justice and see to it that those who worship evil's might be punished. Or anyone who carelessly slaughtered just because. Even if he had to go against a Jedi and do what would be necessary because they wouldn't do it.

Laying his hands on his lap he then smiled as he looked out over the lake. Then looked to his right and viewed the fountain as sprays of water shot up and landed into the well below and watched it for a few moments. It was serene and he hadn't really enjoyed much before and since he returned to the Sith. Now that he was with the Penumbra, he had to enjoy the little things. Things like this which he never thought he would before. Marcus just continued looking out over the lake and smiled. He was just enjoying the sight.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Gliding along within the lake, Ondraeya swam toward shore, underwater initially. Sunlight piercing the fresh water descended and faded toward the bottom and she felt like flying. Having this large lake so close to the palace was one of the many benefits that the ex-Republic engineer had come to enjoy since arriving here so long ago. Living the high life wasn't a stretch for the Hapan, she had enough of that at home growing up. Protocol and etiquette between nobles was second nature, though she did have to get used to respecting males with rank. Not so easy.

Rising up through the water, she wiped her long hair back and pinched her nose, freeing it of water and soon noticed the lone figure seated on the bench near the fountain. She had seen him the night before in the dining room, for dinner, though never took the opportunity to introduce herself. Auburn hair now slicked back, Ondraeya leaned over and grabbed her towel, then began drying herself off. The gardeners tending to the hedges that flanked the distant, circle drive, the only others in sight at the moment. They largely ignored the resident nobles unless asked for something, or having made a mess in the large, multi-storied palace.

Moving toward the newcomer, adorned in only a bikini, Ondraeya grinned as she stopped near Marcus, drying her hair. "How's it going? I'm Ondraeya Li, neighbor on the second floor," her violet eyes motioned up to the nearby west wing of the palace, then back.

Thanks Judah

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The new Initiate then saw a figure emerge out of the water of the lake. Raising his eyebrow as she dried herself off not that he felt any attraction to her in the least. Of course he was a male but at that point there was more on his mind and more to things in life then love. Marcus just didn't feel such things to the opposite sex. Once she came out only wearing said bikini he lowered his brow. His eyes looked at her as she came walking towards him the wind rolling by him and he closed his eyes feeling it's warm touch upon his skin. Seeing her approach he didn't budge one inch while he opened his eyes as the breeze rolled past him. At this point he felt more content with himself then ever.

Of course he was enjoying the silence. Not that he was anti-social but there were times he just enjoyed being by himself. This being one of those times. But then again, Marcus could be social if he needed to be. So he poured it on but not that anyone else who didn't know him knew that. As the woman approached she then said hello and that she was in the neighboring wing of the palace. Although he glimpsed her yesterday at diner, but just didn't say anything. He didn't say much to anyone yesterday. Marcus was just getting familiar with the palace itself and the surrounding area.

Nodding his head he then said, "Good. Just looking out over this beautiful afternoon. Quite...serene if you ask me."

Feeling the breeze roll past he then smiled if only a second as she introduced herself, "Nice to meet you, Ondraeya. I'm Marcus. Marcus Murano."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Scanning the manicured lawn and distant forest, she agreed with a nod as she continued drying her long hair. Then she heard his name, her brow furrowed lightly. "You related to Jacob," she asked, having heard the higher ranked dark jedi's name mentioned many times in the past. Straightening, she lowered the towel with both hands. "Didn't realize his family was so big, though I have to admit, I haven't talked to him in about family," she shrugged.

In fact, she hadn't talked to many males in the palace for any length of time. Still fighting the Hapan culture so well bred into her, which appeared to be deeply rooted, it seemed.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      As Marcus heard his cousin's name he then raised an eyebrow wondering how she knew his name, "You know him? He's here of all places?"

It was curious that she knew his cousin. Then again, he didn't see him while he'd been here. Again he'd not been here more then a day but hearing the mention of his cousin's name brought his peaceful day to a close. His teeth clenched after he asked her the questions. As she lowered the towel he then shook his head and sighed. Of course, his cousin was here. No wonder he hadn't heard such noble deeds his cousin did as a Jedi. Or encountered him at some point. But, again, Marcus wasn't going out of his way to see him. He'd probably punch him at first. Though it might be necessary since Marcus didn't know what really went on. In time he would though. It was all matter of time he'd figure out the real story.

"Doesn't surprise me." He muttered under his breath, then said out loud, "Yeah...he doesn't mention the other side of his family. That's no surprise at all."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Well," she shrugged again. "I never asked either, so not totally his fault. I rarely talk about mine either," she grinned wryly, knowing that story was a long and convoluted one as well. Eyeing the towel in her hands, she felt comfortable in the pleasant air now cooling her skin, warming in the afternoon sun. She also noticed the disdain not well veiled beneath his words, one that she could relate to as well.

"You know that our affiliation keeps us from displaying anything special," she mentioned, violet eyes darting around them momentarily to ensure that they were alone. "So, if you two have some issues to work out, may want to take that offworld. Just saying."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus nodded as she spoke of their affiliation not allowing them to speak of the Force, "I know. Which I'm fine with actually."

Noting that she darted her eyes around looking to see if there were prying eyes he then looked behind him. Finding no one which was good he then heard as she spoke of doing their own business with one another off world. That would be a good idea or else do it somewhere privately. If anything he could manage to be civil for a while. Till his breaking point came and his fuse on his cousin was quite short. Especially given the nature of his familial ties and how he thinks Jacob started a lot of things between them. Which wasn't the case at all. In fact it was the opposite.

"I can manage that. He's my cousin." Marcus said just to state fact, then looked to the lake and then around at the scenery, "It's quite nice here. I like it more then Naboo."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She hoped there wasn't going to be a fight erupt in the lavishly decorated halls of the palace, but had a feeling that Jacob knew the rules of their secretive order well enough. His comment about their surroundings shifted mental gears to the palace grounds and verdant mountains beyond, not being able to see the town of Olmondo from here. It's white walls and quaint architecture being hidden beneath the high, sloping ridgeline that the palace commanded.

"Never been to Naboo, but heard it's nice. I'm Hapan actually, so this isn't too unfamiliar," she glanced to the palace, then back. "The lifestyle and all." She cast her gaze upward into the blue sky, "Though we're missing the gorgeous view of nebula around the world," Ondraeya smiled as her attention returned to the newcomer once again. "Guessing Naboo is home for you?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus smiled briefly as she mentioned she was Hapan. In truth he'd only heard of the place. Never been there himself. Maybe he should get out more instead of taking his time to think of things and just in truth be sort of antisocial at times. Though Marcus wasn't completely antisocial. He just spent a lot of time thinking over things. Looking towards the lake and then up to where he could see the outline of Olmondo way off in the distance he then figured he'd need to go there at some point as well. Naboo was home to him, yes, and he was quite used to it's bustling atmosphere. Then again, he'd traveled to many places close by one another. It was just easier that way when people were chasing after you.

"It is quite nice. The atmosphere is bustling, but, you get used to it. The weather is quite nice there as well." Marcus said as he smiled as he spoke of his home world, "I've never been to Hapes before. How is that compared to here?"

He then forgot and added, "Yeah, Naboo is home."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Listening, she could tell that he was more social than most and it was refreshing, even though he was male. Her own sexism had been blunted when she joined the New Republic navy and was indoctrinated into their way of thinking, as well as being in the military where privacy was a forgotten luxury. But, it had opened her mind to so many other things as well as friends made within the shop and aboard the ship.

"As far as weather, very similar. We have all four seasons where I'm from, but the culture is totally different," she smirked. "Here, nobles are the upper crust regardless of gender. On Hapes and in the Consortium, most worlds are ruled by women." She shrugged, canting her head to the right and back. "Just the way we lived there, so when I left it was a complete culture shock, trust me. I think I actually heard my mother have a stroke all the way from here."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus smirked at that mention of the weather. True, he had seen his fair share of warm weather on Munto Codru at times. Then again, all the other places he visited had similar weather to the Sith home planet. But, Naboo had it's own seasons. There were times it was warm of course, then there was spring, fall, and winter also. Just depended on where you were. His home was located within Theed on the far reaches of it. A string of condominiums that stretched a half mile. At least he thought it looked that way, he couldn't really tell. Marcus also didn't take the time to see the whole stretch of it either.

"Yeah, Naboo has it's own climate as well." Marcus said with a chuckle and as she mentioned culture difference he then shrugged, "I believe every planet has it's own culture. Just like here. Though women do rule more then you think. My father once said that women rule the galaxy in more ways then one. Said without them the galaxy would crumble."

Shaking his head he then laughed briefly at his fathers words. So long ago he'd seen the last of his parents. He missed them at times, but, he knew that one day he might see them again. Marcus did believe in the afterlife. But in his eyes, death was only the beginning. A firm believer in reincarnation. That the Force would help you be reborn in some form or another. Even if it was something you didn't expect to be. Like a tree, or something to that extent. Most wouldn't understand his belief on that. Not that he shared that with everyone he ever met.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Ondraeya grinned at the thought of women ruling the galaxy and she knew the other ways that his father probably meant, not being totally ignorant of the charms that most females had, using them to their advantage when the need arose. Though as she watched his demeanor change, she knew that he was longing to see them again. Some weren't great at hiding their thoughts, the eyes and body language telling more than words could.

Realizing she was still standing there in her bikini, Ondraeya motioned to the palace as she wrapped the towel around her. "Should go clean up and get dressed," she suggested, moving toward the western wing of the large palace, and their home. "Maybe meet you later in the parlor or dining room, for dinner?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus chuckled at that and looked at her in the bikini although he wasn't saying he wasn't interested. Just the thought that most men would have for women didn't dawn to him. In the whole scheme of things Marcus was a thinker. Always thinking of what may lay ahead of him. What may lay ahead of himself and others around him. Those who he interacted with. That moment he looked at her and it may have seemed like he was staring at her like a puppy in love but he actually wasn't. Truth be told he was looking beyond her. Not that she wasn't attractive of a woman. He just didn't see things like that.

Again, Marcus was a thinker. If she saw the look on his face it wasn't that of just lust or something to that degree. He was contemplating things. Thinking of again what may lay ahead for him. As Ondraeya mentioned seeing him in the parlor or dinning room for dinner he then blinked his eyes as he kept thinking of different things. Thinking of different outcomes in his life. What may possibly be and what definitely might be. He then looked at her and then chuckled awkwardly.

"Oh...yeah. Sounds...like...a...date?" Marcus said with another awkward laugh, then mentioned her bikini, "The bikini looks lovely on you."

Turning the other way he widened his eyes and then let out a sigh as he breathed in and his cheeks puffed out. When he let his sigh escape his lips his cheeks then deflated. In that moment his thinking of things was never so awkward. Maybe she might find it funny but at that point he wasn't used to going on dates. Frell, he wasn't hardly used to gathering around people for dinner. Such was not a thing that Sith did. Or even he did for that matter. Not that he was antisocial but it just wasn't something he knew of that well.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She grinned wryly, having not thought that the suggestion was to be misconstrued as a date. They lived in the same palace with a host of others, she mused, then chuckled. "Ah.... sure." His compliment sobered the awkwardness a bit as she grinned. "Thanks."

Turning, she continued up the gentle slope, following the paved walkway toward the western entrance to the palace. If he was to be a dark jedi, like the rest of them, he was going to have to work on his social skills, she mused. Charming, to say the least, there was still a lot to learn about Marcus, especially if they were to work together at some point on a mission. The Covenant hadn't given her anything formal, and needing a trainer was always an issue lately, she knew there was many things in the galaxy that needed their attention.

Soon, she was upstairs and into her own suite. The early afternoon's relaxing moment now over, she cleaned up and changed for the evening.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus then protested that it wasn't he just thought it was, well, a funny notion, "I uh...didn't mean it like that."

Too late however as she'd already went up the slope and he then clenched his fist and made a cringe look on his face. Shaking his head the new Initiate already had made things awkward. Sure he could have tried to explain more but he figured that he'd already made things more awkward and if he continued, well, it wouldn't end well. Marcus had to respect her sort of culture and if she didn't think highly of him at that point or ever it wouldn't bother him. That was just how she was brought up. Then again, he wasn't the type to really go on dates of his own. Much to his own chagrin and everyone else he was social when he needed to be. It was just that he was a thinker.

He sat there on the bench still and sighed looking into the distance, muttering under his breath, "Good one."

After a while he then headed back up to the palace himself. Walking inside he then went to the parlor at first. Settling himself in one of the chairs which was rather comfortable he then sat there and looked out the window. His fingers pressed under his chin. Contemplating what he wanted to learn, and what he wanted himself to be within the Penumbra. The Dark Jedi were quite secretive and he was sure there were many mysteries within. All he would have to do is search and think on things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast