• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 1
      Given: 3

0 Not allowed!
      Seated quietly in the parlor, Anana read a book on the local history of Olmondo and the surrounding county. Having lived here for several years already, the native of Belsavis was amazed at how colorful and sometimes violent the past had been here. Her own life having seen more than she had ever imaged as a child, it was unbelievable how other worlds survived, and in many cases, thrived, with all that they had seen. Especially those planets having been in the center of the clash of titans that had been going on for so long.

Taking a sip of her tea, the oracle finally noticed a newcomer seated not that far from her, appreciating the lavish decoration around him. "Sorry, didn't even hear you come in," the tall, slender brunette said, cutting into the soft music playing in the background. "Anana," she introduced, setting the book in her lap.

Her insights into the Force naturally gave the seer more information on people than what the normal, untrained eye saw and as she took in the man now turning to her, she noticed a confusing mix of colors in his aura. He had seen a great deal as well, it seemed.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 0
      Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus heard another voice speak to him and he then looked over at then smiled for a moment, "Yeah, apparently I'm just that quiet at times."

Watching as she set the book in her lap he then studied her a second as she introduced herself. Noting that she wasn't of nobility which was a plus in his eyes. They were horribly snobby and he had a notion for telling those of such rank off. Marcus didn't care for snobby people who looked down on others who weren't as rich or had such connections as they did. In truth, Marcus was plotting ways to have them rid of. That was something he'd plan for a long time if he needed to. But, as Anana introduced herself he thought it polite to do the very same.

"Marcus." He said with a nod of his head, "Marcus Murano. Just came here yesterday in fact. I've just been enjoying what's outside of here. Been here one day and I'm already starting to like it. Reminds me of home."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Grinning, she liked his personality already and noticed the change in his aura as he spoke. Apparently their interaction having given him a reason not to reminisce on whatever it was in his past that he had escaped. Then she heard his last name and was intrigued, head canting to the side lightly. "Related to Jacob by any chance," she inquired, having trained with the higher ranked member of their secretive order.

Though she was assuming a lot with the galaxy being so large, it did seem convenient that another with that same surname lived here among them and she could already tell that the Force was strong with Marcus.

Sunlight pouring through four tall, bullet shaped windows veiled with thin, sheer curtains, brightened the room elegantly appointed and she had come to enjoy their surroundings a great deal. It had been some time since she had felt relaxed enough to call anywhere home again.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      As Marcus heard his cousin's name he then nodded, "Yeah. That's my cousin."

Outwardly he didn't show his disdain for hearing it. Trying to keep a straight face as if nothing was wrong with him. Watching the light pour in the former Sith then looked out the window briefly and smiled as the sun began to set in the distance. Or what it seemed like it was setting. At this point he wasn't totally used to the days and nights here on Ruusan. He was quite used to Naboo and the other planets and how their days came and went. Although in due time he'd be used to such things. But truth be told, Ruusan was much prettier then Naboo was. This was a place he would call home now.

Looking back over at Anana he then smiled, "I take it you've been here quite some time? Me...I'm just finally learning my way around here."

He then chuckled at that. Marcus had gotten lost a few times during the day and when he'd first arrived here. It took some direction from others and those were from servants which he was quite kind to. No need to be a jerk to them when all they did was help. Sure the nobles did but he'd have it out for them if they looked down upon him again. Which of course they did. If only they knew what he could possibly do to them they'd keep far away from him for their own good.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Over six years ago, in fact," she relayed as flashes of those days returned in a flood, reminding her of members of this very group that hadn't been seen in some time. "One who became a close friend brought me here to become part of the...," she glanced toward the distant door to the main hallway, then back. "Group." She knew the need for discretion, or she hoped so at least. "I've really enjoyed living here on Ruusan," she diverted her eyes to her glass and raised it once more, taking another sip and returned it to the table.

"Will you be training with your cousin," she asked, having no idea on their affiliation, though having forgotten that his aura changed when he mentioned Jacob's relation. A query too late in retracting now.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus widened his eyes, "Six years? Quite a long time."

Nodding as Anana mentioned the 'Group' as the Dark Jedi who existed under the nose of the rest of the people here on Ruusan. Looking to the main hallway himself he saw no one. As she then made the discretionary statement he thought back to what he was told of them. That they were highly secretive. No mention of it within the eye of the public. It was such that he knew such consequences if he happened to spill the beans on such an existence of them. Marcus was mindful of it all. It is what he signed up for and knew the ins and outs of it at this point and time. As she mentioned she enjoyed living on Ruusan he then smiled at her.

The mention again of Jacob and if his cousin was the one to train him he shook his head, "No. I'd rather find someone who's not gonna be as easier on me then him. How high ranking is he around here?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "I think he's a master, or one rank lower," she mused, her eyes drifting to the carpet laid before the large fireplace. "You know, I'm not sure actually." She assumed that he was a higher ranked member, but things had changed in the structure and things were a little more muddied and taking some time to get adjusted to.

Returning her gaze to Marcus, Anana grinned. "Family all on Naboo, then I'm guessing? Was it hard to leave?" Her own devotion to family possibly being different, though most of them were gone now and her cousins not living on Ruusan made things a bit more complicated when she wanted to see them. Though she did appreciate the holocalls to Maggie when she got the chance.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Ah I see." Marcus said as she answered her question about his cousin.

It appeared she was thinking of things like he did. Sometimes he would stare off into space. Or it appeared he was staring at someone which he wasn't. In fact he was looking beyond them. Not that he meant to stare at them sometimes it's just where his eyes focused at. Sometimes he'd catch himself staring at someone and would look down at the floor or out a window. Then at times he'd look in a random area. Just depended where he was at. Marcus was of course the thinking type. Always planning things far and wide, as that was just what he did. He had reasons and those reasons being that it was good to think and plan ahead. But at times there were things that one couldn't plan too far ahead for. Which was why he always had a back up plan.

When Anana mentioned his family being on Naboo he then looked at the floor, "Yeah. They were. Jacob's parents were from Tattooine. We all went our separate ways after things got hectic back when the Empire came about. Jacob's parents were on Coruscant but moved to Tattoine. Mine went to Naboo. Again, it's just what happened."

It was hard mentioning that his parents were already gone some years ago. But he figured it best to let it out and let go of it then to keep lingering and hiding from it. So he then looked up at Anana, "They've been gone since I turned 18. After that I had been a few places. But I had to return to Naboo to see how the old home was looking. Then came here after that. So, no, it wasn't hard to leave."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Anana offered a knowing and empathetic grin once he mentioned that his parents were gathered to their ancestors, another that had lost during their life in the galaxy. Had she not known better, Belsavis should have been the farthest from the war or slavery, but it seemed that her homeworld was a lot more popular than she knew, even having been born there. "Mine when my cousin and I were twelve," she informed. "The whole village, in fact, except for my brothers and she and hers. One still resides on Belsavis, but the rest of us were taken from there. But," she grinned away the emotions, taking another sip of her tea. "That was a long time ago."

Changing the subject, she relaxed in the high backed chair a bit more. "You're going to love Ruusan, being from Naboo. They are both similar in many ways, barring the Ruusanians hatred of Force users, though with their past that's understandable. Darth Bane having tricked a group of dark siders to ignite a thought bomb and the Jedi having brought the war here. They lost a lot and the people here still haven't forgotten. They're raised not to, I guess." Brow perked as she mentioned it, knowing how closely some cultures retained their history, keeping them individuals in the galaxy ruled now and again by a large political body assuming control over everyone.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus listened and saw that it was difficult to talk about. Even if she smiled away the emotions he could tell that she used that as a defense mechanism to deter emotions such as sadness. He didn't do that which he felt if he did that it would make others feel awkward if he smiled through things like that. Then again it wasn't who he was and if he did others might see that there was more and more to him then what was on the outside. But, Marcus wasn't one to express his grief or talk about it as openly. Though not with people he just met. Especially that. All he did was nod as she said that it was many years ago. Just as his story of family was. Many and many years ago.

When Anana changed the subject he then relaxed again as she did. Smiling as she mentioned he would love Ruusan. In truth he already loved it as much as he did Naboo. Though he could understand the hate of Force users. As she explained about Darth Bane he knew that name from what Ket had taught him about history and philosophy. The instigator of the Rule of Two the story had been on Ruusan from what he understood. Though he'd only been told of the Sith Lord and the rest of his origins were left untold. Till now at least. He could tell that the story and how everything transpired had made Ruusan people hate them. Which he understood. If it destroyed that much of it and ruined lives and all then if he was in their shoes could he blame them? No.

"I can understand why the don't like Force users." Marcus said after she finished, "Then again, culture is different place to place. Sure, the nobles here look down on those who aren't of royalty but in truth do they really rule the planet? No. They're just as useful as a stun batton. Only in close proximity. They serve a purpose but in the bigger picture, they're nothing but a foothold in the place of history."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      His disdain for nobility could get him in trouble here, she mused. "I wouldn't tell them that," she warned. "The nobles here serve the palace, whom we are an important part, so I'd be careful who you express your views around," she shrugged. "Just a friendly reminder." She still hadn't gotten used to her own title, offered when she had become a part of the Penumbra and a necessary part of the life in the palace and nearby Olmondo. Never having chosen this part of the life of being a Force user, it was taking some time to adopt.

No one back home, now lost, would recognize her anymore. Sadly. Though she and Maggewetok had redeemed themselves and their name, she knew there was no going back now.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Marcus nodded and understood what she meant, "Sometimes I can't help but be brutally honest. Then other times I'm not much of a talker. I suppose I'm a thinker."

In truth he was and Marcus always had something on his mind. If it wasn't relating to him it was planning something for another time. Being here on Ruusan he knew that in time he'd fit in. All he had to do was just fit in. It was mentioned that he would need some sort of title or job here which he was good at planning things. Now all he'd need to do was figure out what he was good at here. That and figure out his next step in who he would learn the ways of the Force from. Some may say to reach out to his cousin but that wasn't gonna happen. Not by a long shot. In time he knew he'd need to face him but for now he wouldn't. There was too much bad blood between them.

"What sort of things do you do around here? If you mind me asking?" Marcus said a few moment later. Again, always thinking.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Knowing that he would fit right in with the nobility that usually walked these halls during the regular daylight hours, lobbying the royal family for favors or support for some new business venture, he still had yet to learn that the Penumbra "didn't exist". Taking another sip of her tea, she continued to relax and knew that dinner would be called any minute now.

"I work with Lady Shyahwyn on occasion, helping as more of a psychiatrist for those that need it. My own gift is with visions. I inherited that from my mother's side of the family. Sometimes I see things that come to pass, or sometimes I can see things that happened around an object or person. It's not controllable, so I can't always pick when I get one, but the nobles that visit for advice don't know that," she grinned. Being an oracle had offered her many insights into people and events that had escaped the police, or had served her in times of need. Like the night that the slavers had come to destroy their village on Belsavis.

An event that still haunted her and her cousins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12