far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up
      Received: 39
      Given: 16

A healer's triumph (Masiri/All)

0 Not allowed!
      Caltin was standing outside the Assembly Hall waiting for someone in particular. He was cleaning his fingernails, okay not really but he looked like he was. It was to keep the image of formality without being formal, he wanted those in the know to understand why he might be there, but those who just knew him might just walk on by. He didn't look up when he sensed who he was waiting for.

You're late. She wasn't.

You have power over your mind, not outside events.
      Realize this and you will find strength.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 3
      Given: 7

0 Not allowed!
      Her robes newly cleaned, Masiri moved through the academy with purpose and now that breakfast was done, she had a full morning to accomplish whatever it was that her master wished. The work on her new saber having been nearly completed, she was ready for the next step.

His greeting wasn't what she was expecting.

Approaching, she stopped within a few feet of the large Jedi master, her mouth falling open. "I apologize, master." Her reply coming with the knowledge that she still had several minutes before the appointed time and he looked rather annoyed for some reason. This wasn't how she thought this morning would go.

Thanks Satkia

Making Jedi cool since
      a long time ago in a galaxy
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Don't worry, so am I. He wasn't.

Standing straight and running his hands VERY lightly down her rubs as if brushing them he did the once over.

No matter what happens in there, I'm proud of you. Know that, just as Master's Wayne and Braska are, I'm sure. He believed that those were her last Masters, but could not remember for sure.

I do have a question for you though as I wish to be on the same page as you for when we are addressed. Why on Kashyyk did you, at times, have issue with my calls? We were protecting the Wookiees.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 4
      Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
      Neo had been walking through the halls that day and saw the gathering that was going on in the Assembly hall. Perking his brow, the clone then cracked his neck and then wondered what was happening. As he walked inside himself he then saw the Jedi Master with another student. Again, his eyebrow perked up the clone Padawan then moved to sit down in the room as other had. It was then he saw what was going on. A promotion apparently. Or a gathering to discuss something. Either way he then looked around the room wondering if anyone but the two Jed in the center of the room were gonna speak or put in their own opinion. Apparently not.

As the Jedi Master spoke of two other Jedi being proud of her he then rested his hands on his lap. Brushing a bit of lint off them before his red eyes looked up at the two. When Caltin asked why Masiri questioned his calls on Kashyyk he canted his head to the side. If anything he wouldn't have even if it was the thing one should do. In truth, he was afraid of him. Lot of people wouldn't know that. Then again Caltin probably knew that more then anyone. Although he didn't outright say it. Neither did Neo.

All Neo did was watch the proceedings. That was what he would do, was observe and see what went on within the Jedi. He was here to learn after all.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Smiling at his fatherly attending with her robes, Masiri then mused on his query and the initial moment that he drew his saber and moved to stop the Trandoshans, even after she had tried to negotiate a truce, came to the fore. Though she had been raised to respect her elders, Masiri knew that there were some things that her parents would have objected to, but how to broach this subject without being disrespectful?

Thinking a long moment, she drew in a long breath. "I have the utmost respect for you, master and you've taught me a lot, not only about the Force, but also about life. Being friends with the Wookiees and even," her eyes glanced to his unseen tattoo and back. "Being one with them is inspiring. I'm glad that they trusted me enough to speak for their outcast for a moment and though that may not have gone the way I hoped, at least they allowed him his moment to defend himself." She knew that wasn't answering his question, though her upbringing demanded being objective.

"I was a bit surprised that you charged into the Trandoshan's operation, though," she shrugged, still trying to appear supportive. "I'll admit it seemed that things weren't going to be resolved easily."

Thumbs Up
      Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
      Now done in the medbay for the morning, Kaie nodded to the assistants now gathered around the nurse's station. "I have to attend a meeting in the Hall, but I'll be back."

"No problem," Soricia replied. "Take your time," the blonde motioned toward the ICU. "He'll be fine for now, but I'll call you if anything changes."

Nodding, she glanced toward the recovering patient having undergone a great deal of attention by the surgeons and her Force abilities and she hoped that he would pull through. Jedi had been giving their lives in the name of justice for centuries and no doubt, that tradition would continue long after she was gathered to the Force herself. "Alright," she relented finally, turned and headed from the medbay and into the main hallway. Passing other Jedi, master and apprentice alike, she headed for the Assembly Hall, her mind still full of procedures performed on several patients since she had awoken this morning.

Distracted, she avoided Caltin and his new student in the hallway, glancing to the large master and offering him a nod and grin, then continued into the large room beyond them, both doors opened wide to allow everyone to attend this morning's meeting. Though she wasn't totally sure on the subject, she had a feeling given the question that Caltin asked the brunette. What little she did gain, the subject sounded interesting and their apparent last visit to Kashyyk had been rather involved.

Moving to one of the chairs in the front, she sat down with other masters in the Force and relaxed finally, then waited for the proceedings to commence.

Making Jedi cool since
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
      Nodding to Kaie, Caltin noticed that a couple of Padawans, the one he met recently among them, were listening in. Giving them a stare he nodded towards the hallway.

With all due respect, this is a private conversation. He had hoped that they would get the hint and go into the Assembly Hall once Masiri was not looking. If not, he had hoped someone would catch them and bring them in.

There are times where we have to do what we don't want to and we have to win no matter the cost. This is the life of those like us, protectors. We are looked on to do the impossible. You have to follow my calls when I make them... This was one of the FEW times that the massive Jedi Master was grateful that he was currently incapable of emotions. This was a test and was the last one for Masiri, but as with the others, she could not know it. The Padawan needed to come up to the realization of what the Jedi really are for her, it was indeed the trial of the spirit. He just secretly hoped she would not get discouraged, but knowing her, it wasn't going to happen.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Feeling judged at the moment, Masiri's outlook about her chosen lifestyle may have been a bit off, though the principles that she had been raised with were obviously different. But, everyone had their opinions on how they lived and she was now learning Caltin's. Ignoring those that walked by and into the assembly room, Masiri nodded at his correction and quietly mused for a moment.

"As I said, I respect you as my master and understand what you're saying," Masiri nodded and grinned. "However, I was raised believing that the ends don't justify the means. Ever. Jedi stand for something, you're absolutely right." Adrenaline rising, she had never been so bold before, especially with a master of the Force. "But, I can't do whatever it takes to win a battle when a peaceful resolution still has a chance of working. If it doesn't, then I understand that we make our lightsabers for a reason and I'll have to use it when that moment arises." Hoping that this wasn't the moment that Caltin cut his link with her as a student, she took a deep breath and did her best to remain calm.

"But I can't rush to that option right off the bat."

Making Jedi cool since
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Why can't you? Republic Special Forces has a saying... "Hesitation is a hole in the head."

She was almost out of the tunnel.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Her brow furrowed lightly at the counter and the confrontation's true purpose was escaping the otherwise quiet Jedi as Masiri felt her heart rate begin to rise slightly. He wasn't arguing with her, but as she thought about it, he was trying to make a point. She hoped so at least. There was no way that the young teenager was here lecturing a Jedi Master.

"There is no emotion, there is peace," she stated, ignoring several others now walking into the Assembly Hall. "I understand that those who aren't Force users base their decisions on gut feelings, for that's all they have. We've been gifted with something much greater than that and if I used my gift the same way, then I'm studying and living in the wrong place." The insinuation plain, she was sure. Tears started to cloud her vision, though not from anxiety or trepidation, but unsure if Caltin was being honest about the words flowing from his mouth. Troubling thoughts, indeed.

Making Jedi cool since
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

2 Not allowed!
      Before she would know anything, a hand was on her shoulder. It was his, it was soft, it was meant to be comforting (it probably was more cumbersome than anything).

That very response, that very statement is justification for why I asked the Council to take you as my Padawan. Where we differ in stature and base skills, we are mirror images in the most important feature. Our outlooks. You proved that not only are you studying, but you are indeed living in the right place.

Stepping away and to the door, he looked back. Take a minute or two and when you're ready, the Council will see us both in here.

Slipping into the room, Caltin waved his right hand, shutting down all of the light in the Hall as he moved into the position he wanted. When Masiri would finally enter, she would see a circle of ignited lightsabers, the Council no doubt. At the head of the circle was Caltin, whose silver blade was providing the light in the room, just like the others. His look was solemn, but welcoming.

Step forward, Padawan.

OOC: Reference for those who don't know what is going on.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Relief washed over her like a wave and she took a deep breath, listening to his praise which prompted a smile. Nodding to him, she watched the large man walk into the Assembly Hall and said a private "Thank you" to her father's spirit, whom she knew somehow was listening in the Force. Her private guide when she needed him. Brow furrowed once again as the lights dimmed in the room and she moved to the doorway, only to be surprised to see the many brilliant blades now raised in the air.

This wasn't what she was expecting.

Walking into the room, she descended the wide steps toward the center, passing seats now empty as many rose with him and the masters, every eye on her. Continuing toward Caltin, she neared to within several feet and then bowed to them all. Hating to be the center of attention, she had no choice at this moment....

Thumbs Up
      Given: 4

0 Not allowed!
      Kaie relaxed for the moments that lingered as the room finally filled, quiet conversation with others about various topics filling the air until the lights faded, though the center becoming the spot where Caltin stood and ignited his blade. Standing, she followed suit and turned left to face others now opposite her. Now she understood what was going on and watched as the brunette walked in and bowed to them. Though she hadn't interacted with the padawan before, she had seen her around the temple. Normally delivering supplies to various rooms with her hoversled.

She had a feeling those days may be over after today. Bowing her head in return, Kaie then turned her attention to Caltin, her own lightsaber held high.

Making Jedi cool since
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      As Conservator lowered just above Masiri's right shoulder, the blades forming the circle lowered to downward facing.

By the right of the Council.

She would then hear his words in her mind as well.

~The most difficult part of a Jedi's life...~

Lifting the blade and moving it to her left shoulder.

By the will of the Force.

~... is the choices we must make. We must make these choices for the benefit of all...~

Then back to her right shoulder.

I do dub thee Jedi....

~... even if they are the most difficult.~

Then with a flip of Conservator he cut off her Padawan braid.

Knight... of the Order.

~There is greatness in you, I've foreseen it. Just continue being the person you are. Make yourself proud, the rest of us already are.~

Slowly the lights rose.

New Jedi Order Council Member
      SWRPG resident Zombie
      Mood:
      Inspired

Thumbs Up
      Received: 32
      Given: 45

0 Not allowed!
      N'yssa stood near the front of the room, where all Masters good to watch the upcoming announcement. Caltin entered from the far side of the room and the pink haired Master stepped aside to allow him and his student the centre stage. She eyed the other Jedi who have arrived, giving those who made eye contact a warm smile and nod to their presence.

Not long after Caltin took his spot, his student, Masiri entered. No longer a Padawan, but a Jedi Knight. There was great promise in her and N'yssa looked forward to seeing her grow not only as a Jedi but a person in the Jedi family.

"Congratulations." N'yssa said, once Caltin finished his speech. She bowed her head to Masiri with respect. She knew the wave of emotion that will come after a promotion. N'yssa stepped back and let the new Jedi Knight enjoy and partake of the celebrations amongst her friends.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast