• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 2
      Given: 0

PM-Invite Bounty Contract #110 - "With Extreme Prejudice"

0 Not allowed!
      Dressed in a pantsuit, her long, curly black hair bouncing with each step as she stepped into the atrium, lavishly decorated by the investment banker that had contracted Vaago recently. Though murder contracts weren't normally on the bounty hunter's preferred list, she had decided to make a name for herself with a bang. Literally. Glancing at the large paintings adorning the clean, white walls to either side of the double staircases, she had seen more than her share of statements made by the rich and famous over the years.

"This way, ma'am," the protocol droid stated, motioning as the silver droid then guided Alanie from the atrium into the mansion's central hallway, then turned right.

Through the large, windowed wall to her left, she noted the attractive twins in bikinis laying out at the pool, bordered on either side by the two wings of the large, two story. No doubt either relatives, or girlfriends enjoying the perks of being with someone with a fat bank account. She had seen her share of those leeches too. From the hallway, the droid turned into a large living room, noticing the long bar commanding the left wall and facing the other half, separated by a glass wall, water pouring down it and into a bath which was also the foundation. Continuing into that half of the room, she recognized the contractor for this meeting, seated on a long, white leather sectional and facing a large holoprojector.

"Sir," the droid motioned to Alanie, "Miss Herleva."

Middle aged, the handsome man grinned at her, motioning to the drink in his left hand. "Get you one?"

"No, thank you," she replied as the droid then left them alone. "I heard you had a particular problem with an old partner."

Motioning to a nearby chair, he nodded as she moved to it and sat down. "Lance Murtaugh and I had once been partners, but he's made a mess of the investment department of our bank chain. Stolen a great deal of money from our profits and is now enjoying a yacht trip on Manaan with friends. I need this problem to go away," he stated, then took a sip of his drink. "Vaago's reputation and that of his kajidic prompted me to come to him."

Nodding, she remained seated forward, hands clasped as she listened. "What can you tell me about him?"

His brow furrowed lightly. "Like what? Everything was in the package."

"His habits. Special training. Bodyguards, things like that."

He smirked, "Lance's never had a hard day in his life, beyond dealing with his girlfriend that's draining him dry. He played shockball in college, but that was over ten years ago. Hasn't even been in a gym unless it was for some publicity stunt." He thought a long moment, "As far as bodyguards, I can't say. To be honest, I think he's secure that he got away with all that money, so just living it up right now. Don't think you'll have much of a problem, to be honest."

Alanie knew that was rarely the case, but not only had she gained some intel on her target, but also the one who put it on him. Knowledge that could help in either situation. "Okay," she grinned, knowing that was probably more than she had expected. "Do you happen to know the name of the yacht that he's bought?"

"Golden Horizon," he informed. "His girlfriend's reference to her homeworld. Guess she used to love the sunsets there."

Glancing to the carpet, she nodded once more. "Any idea how many guests he's taken on this excursion?"

"No," his head leaned in a bit, "Guess you'll have to find out the rest on your own."

Eyes rose to the banker once again, "Just wanted to meet with you and pick your brain. Thanks."

Raising the glass to her, "The money'll be in the account when you're done."

Thanks Jez!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Now with more than she had before, the bounty hunter enjoyed the ride back to the starport, cruising down the long avenue bordered on either side by large estates. A neighborhood that didn't bother her, but she did sometimes have a problem with how they then felt entitled when among the public. Grinning, she wondered if she would be the same way once she was a millionaire. Dappled sunlight poured through the tree-lined lane until she entered the town once more, shops and large stores soon giving way to a large mall, speeder lots and a school. Life that had long been left behind, she mused.

Driving up into the parking garage of the starport, Alanie grabbed the keys and stepped out, her long legs then carrying her toward the office. Noting several other obvious businessmen as they stepped into the turbolift, she continued past and into the office. Setting the keys on the long countertop, she grinned at the young man who took them and cleared her from the system, noting the returned vehicle.

"Have a nice day," he bid, grinning at her.

"Thanks." Turning, she left the office and headed to the turbolift. Time to leave Rendili behind.

After getting clearance from the tower, the Acula cruised up into the deep blue and then the ionosphere around the busy industrial world. While the navicomputer plotted her course, she accessed the local datacore and punched in Lance Murtaugh, then waited for the litany of information that followed. His background, family, schooling and legal information all before her, she made a copy and then input her bounty hunter identification number to then access confidential information not offered on the net. His financials caught her eye, noting the large amounts that had been gained from several sources, building his private account to the hundreds of millions. Several denoted by a code of numbers and letters were tagged in red. Those she would have to investigate further, she mused as the navicomputer then blinked with the coordinates. Guiding the ship to the jump point, Alanie pulled on the trio of levers and pinpricks of light then became streaks.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The two day trip was spent exercising and ensuring her weapons were all cleaned and ready to go. A routine that she had made a daily regimen regardless of where she was, or what she was doing. Always being ready was paramount to not only her own survival, but also important for her profession. Principles that her trainer had instilled in her growing up, at the orphanage. Things that she abhorred as a kid, but now had come to appreciate. Odd how that worked, she mused with a grin.

Seated at the main console in the cockpit, Alanie reclined in the pilot's chair and accessed the central computer and punched in Manaan. Reading up on the culture and topography would only help her once she landed. Surprised at the Selkath's outlook at being more compromising had been one of the few things that had kept them neutral in the various wars that swept through the Inner Rim and beyond. Their staunch neutrality had also gotten them in trouble with the Sith, long ago. A raid for their kolto supply that nearly wiped the natives out and had they not the refuge deep in their oceans, their lifestyle and individuality would have been lost. But, they had survived and continued offering their unique ingredient for every medbay across the galaxy, making them an important exporter of it.

It could also be a great investment opportunity for someone wishing to launder some money as well.

Pinching her full lips between thumb and forefinger in thought, she wondered if there was another reason that Lance and his girlfriend were on the water world. She also wondered whether or not her benefactor for this contract had thought of that, though she would be surprised if he hadn't. Either way, she would find out in ten hours, she mused as she glanced at the chronometer perched at the top center of the console. Time to get some sleep for tomorrow was going to be a busy day.

Pushing herself up, the slender bounty hunter moved through the long central hall that conjoined every room in the otherwise small vessel, to the bunks on the port side, just beyond the common area and small refresher. Crawling onto the bed, she pulled the covers up and laid down, the soft hum of the engines singing her to sleep.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The solitary lifestyle one she had come to enjoy, Alanie ate a quick breakfast and knew that her destination would be soon approaching. No one else to argue with about where she put things or organized them in her ship. This being home to the bounty hunter, she also liked to stay on the move, especially knowing that the one that mentored her while growing up was still looking for her. Hopefully he never got wind that she was now working for one of the most notorious Hutts in the galaxy.

Beeping from the navicomputer alerted her to the eventual exit from hyperspace and she moved to the cockpit, buckling her weapon's belt as she did so. Swerving around the lone chair, she plopped down and strapped in. Going through the preparations for shutting down the various auxiliary systems, the swirl of stars and gases outside the cockpit's window sharpened into the inky darkness of space and the water world now fast approaching. Slowing down, the lack of traffic beyond large container ships and freighters wasn't totally surprising. Other than shipments of kolto, Manaan really didn't have much else to offer, apparently. Though, with their architecture and the ocean view, she could imagine it being a nice getaway.

"Acula, we have you on our screens," the slurpy alien's tone catching her offguard. "State your business in system."

"I'm a bounty hunter and looking for someone," she revealed, hoping their neutral stance wouldn't impede her contract.

"Understood, but I'll have to ask you to leave your weapons aboard your ship."

Her mouth fell open and she was about to protest, then thought better of it. "Understood," she replied, then sighed.

Soon, she was given clearance to land and brought the Acula into the atmosphere, then down to the large cluster of white stations centered around a large floating, alien-made island of buildings and platforms. Liking the view already, she set down and shut down the remaining systems to the ship and then prepared to leave her vessel. Nearly forgetting as she punched the button to open the ramp and interior door, she removed her weapon's belt and placed it inside a narrow locker at her left. This was going to be interesting, she mused and stepped into the warm sunlight and seabreeze wafting across the hangar's entrance. All of the hangars were situated within an inner circle to Ahto City, layers of them. Nearly all busy with crews and droids, the familiar echo of calls over the intercom and aliens visiting welcomed the bounty hunter.

Locking up the ship, Alanie moved toward the hangar's interior entrance and stepped through the personnel door and out into the main concourse. Lined with vendors of various types, she bypassed their kiosks and stalls to eventually arrive at the security station. Not trying to hide a weapon on her was a good idea, she mused as the sensors were quite thorough.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Tall oval windows allowed light into nearly exterior room on the floating station as Alanie walked into the large office. Selkath and a small variety of other aliens and several humans were in attendance, most on her side of the long counter as she walked up to the Selkath attendant.

"How may I help you," he asked, his long sloping head turned toward her.

"I'm looking for a friend, Lance Murtaugh. I heard that he had brought his yacht here, the Golden Horizon and was hoping you could help me find him. Or at least help me narrow down where he may have gone."

Blinking, his large black eyes fixed on her, his expressions were nearly impossible to determine as he then glanced to his computer. Keying in the name, the alien read the information offered. "Says here that he leased a condo here for two weeks. There's a cluster of them for visitors," he eyed her again. "Near the Vannor Atoll."

Nodding, she memorized the name. "How far is that from here?"

"About eight thousand miles, but you can take a shuttle to the central hub nearby, but you'll have to get approval from the leaser to visit them while they're here."

"Huh," her mind now working a mile a minute. "Thanks."

"Have a good day."

Turning, she headed back toward the entrance and began working a story in her mind that would help her approach Lance and his guests. Hopefully, she mused. This visit was more interesting than she thought it might be.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Lounging in her room for the night, Alanie tapped the comm frequency of one of her few contacts, then waited. Soon, the hovering image of the slim hacker emerged.

"Alanie," he smirked, "Was hoping you hadn't forgotten about me."

Grinning wryly, she sat up. "Need a favor."

He sighed. "Okay. What happened?"

Brow furrowed lightly, "What are you talking about?"

"You never call on me unless you've gotten into some mess, so," he shrugged. "What's up?"

"That's not true."

Toni chuckled, motioning to his forehead. "Love when you get that crease right here. It's adorable."

Her confusion now melting to a glare. "I need a cover story as a chef. I have a contract and he's closed himself off to anyone other than for catering. So, mine needs to gain his attention as a great cook."

"Interesting, since you've never spent a moment in a kitchen," he smirked.

"Just shut up and let me know when it's done." Her sarcasm easily definable as she moved to close the link and pushed the button.

"Wait, I ju..."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Gliding across the large waves, Alanie gazed out through the shuttle's small window and soon noticed sunlight gleaming off of the cluster of smooth, white buildings and large platforms, allowing their guests to enjoy the warmth and view. Above one of the outer buildings, a yacht perched on the rooftop and it didn't take long for her to recognize the Golden Sunset, right where it should be. Though her benefactor thought Lance's girlfriend had named it after her home, Alanie had a feeling it was named after the windfall that he had gotten, stealing from the company that he helped build. None of them had any idea of what was coming for them, she knew.

Her cover story intact, the bounty hunter now wearing a white chef's outfit readied herself as the shuttle pilot brought the craft around to land. Rising from the comfortable chair, she moved to the hoversled containing the variety of things that she and the culinary droid accompanying her more than enough to entertain their guests. Opening the door, she led the droid guiding the hoversled and walked along the beautifully decorated lane to the distant entrance. Flowers and large plants were uniformly centered in four long fountains, their scents wafting on the afternoon breeze. Before her, the two story main building whose windows glinted in the daylight. As she approached, a security droid moved to intercept them.

"Your name please," the tinny, deep voice inquired.

Handing him her ident card, she waited, seeming impatient.

Glancing at it, the droid then moved to the hoversled and scanned the contents and Alanie hoped that it wasn't programmed to search out poisons. A few tense moments lingered and then the droid turned to her, handing her back her ident card. "You're free to enter. C-Two, N-Four will guide you to the kitchens."

Nodding to it, she turned and continued inside. Another long hallway led to a turbolift as well as split right and left toward the outer buildings she had seen from the air. Moving along ancient pottery and vases, beautiful paintings framed in gold and two more security droids now scrutinizing the guests, Alanie and her accomplice approached the lift just as it opened, revealing a protocol droid.

"Welcome, Miss Dakarin. I've been expecting you. This way, please."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Surveying the kitchen, Alanie found all the various tools and cutlery that she would need, then began preparing as the culinary droid did most of the work. Scents of food began to fill the large, well appointed room as the bounty hunter in disguise carried the plates and other accessories into the dining room and began setting the table.

"Ew," the disgust from the female palpable, "Why in the world would they put these near the refresher? Take these away," she dismissed as the droid then began carrying the vase of flowers from the small table.

"Right away, ma'am."

Alanie continued placing plates and silverware as she had been taught in the orphanage, specifically every part in it's place, and ignored the approaching woman.

"You must be the new chef," the redhead observed, wine glass in one hand. "I hope you know how to cook better than the last one. Would've fed him to the sharks."

"I am, ma'am," Alanie replied, keeping her attention to the table, though aware of the woman in her peripheral.

"My boyfriend demands only the best, and so do I. You know how to cook bray'tin and crene?"

"I've been doing this a long time, ma'am."

"Hmph," she downed the last of her wine and placed the glass on the table, spun on her heel and began to leave. "If not, then you're out too."

And you may be a recipient of what he's going to get. The table soon set, she grabbed the glass and carried it into the kitchen, then set it in the washer. Continuing to the culinary droid, "Bray'tin and crene."

Glancing to her, the droid straightened slightly. "I'll add it to the menu, ma'am."

Grinning, Alanie figured if this was going to be their last meal, might as well make it a good one.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Enduring the loud music and party atmosphere that the business owner and his guests were enjoying, dinner time soon came and Alanie knew that in the end there should be no witnesses. Her fake identity and background would disappear once this job was done, though she had a feeling that given the past with her forger contact, that she was actually some inmate in a prison colony somewhere. Someone that had been forgotten by everyone else other than their victim's families.

Carrying the dishes out to the table, she set the meals before each of the six now seated at the large table, evening light now pouring through the large, oval shaped windows lining the outer wall. Avoiding conversation or eye contact, she soon made her way back into the kitchen where the culinary droid was now finishing the last touches on the dessert. She grabbed the silver pitcher full of wine and carried it out to the dining room, passing through the rotating door.

"This is really good," the human male to Lance's left stated, grinning, then turned to Alanie as she poured them more wine, laced with the poison that would take some hours to take full effect, as was the food. After she was long gone. "My compliments to the chef."

"Thank you," she nodded, quietly moving among the others and pouring them wine.

"Where did you study," Lance finally spoke to her, gaining the bounty hunter's attention.

"I'm sorry?"

"Where did you get your chef's license?"

She had to think a moment, pouring his girlfriend wine. "Lankall, on Corellia."

Leaning back, he grinned at her. "Odd, thought I recognized a hint of an Imperial accent."

"I get that a lot," she grinned, heading around the table as everyone ate, enjoying the meal apparently.

"Not born on Corellia, then," he inquired, also gaining the redhead's attention as she glanced between them, obviously jealous.

Grinning, Alanie headed for the kitchen door, "Enjoy your meal, sir." She wasn't here to make friends. Being an orphan had kept a lot about her background a secret as the attendants at the orphanage never divulged who dropped her off either. Secrets having been long buried by someone that knew how, apparently.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Dessert offered and plates and cutlery in the washer, Alanie and the droid had everything cleaned up and ready to leave when she heard a scream. Spinning to eye the main entrance to the kitchen, she hesitated a moment whether or not to investigate, then decided to do so. Glancing back to the droid, "Take all that to the shuttle when it arrives, I'll be right there."

"Yes, ma'am," the tall, gangly shaped droid replied, then began guiding the hoversled out the opposite door.

Opening, the automatic door slid aside as Alanie headed into the dining room, then could hear sobbing and figured it was one of the other guests, her heart beat steady as she hurried toward the main living room. Rounding the corner, she noticed the blonde guest holding her husband's head in her lap, hands on his face. The other guests had succumbed to the poison already as had the redhead, but as she quickly scanned for Lance, she didn't see him anywhere. Problem, she mused. Looking back to the blonde, she could start to see crimson lines leaking from her ears and nose, which meant it was only a matter of moments and she would join the others.

Moving from the living room, she headed into the nearby hall and soon heard the muffled voice of a male and followed it. Nearing the door, she looked around for something to use as a makeshift weapon and decided that her own martial arts training would have to do.

"... I can't believe you would do this," Lance protested, his voice cracking. "Though you know what, I can now that I think about it. I'm gone and you get it all."

"Smart man." Alanie's blood ran cold as she recognized the voice of the benefactor of this contract. "Have to give her a big sloppy kiss for this. She was a pro after all."

"Wait... the chef?" Lance sighed, "I knew it." His breathing labored, the poison was taking effect, though she was surprised that he had lasted this long. "Well, congratulations," he sighed heavily, nearly to tears. "One day this is going to come back on you. Mark my words...."

"But not today."

Soon after, she heard his body hit the floor. Time to leave. Nearly running to the shuttle, she couldn't believe her luck and perhaps one day she would visit Tyler again. Contract or no.