• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 0
      Given: 0

A Morning Stroll (Open to 1)

0 Not allowed!
      It had been only a day or two since she'd joined the Penumbra and the pink haired Initiate still couldn't quite believe what had happened over the last few days. One minute, she was working in her father's blacksmith shop as normal and the next, she was a part of a secret organisation that was hiding under the noses of the Ruusan people. It had all occurred so fast and she'd been in a bit of a daze since then, trying to process it. She had to admit that the Dark Jedi were playing a heck of a trick on the galaxy as a whole and she was actually a little annoyed with herself that she hadn't discovered the group by herself. She'd been born and bred on the planet and yet had never even found a clue about the faction until her little adventure the other night and her meeting with the mysterious robed figure who had explained things to her.

Finding herself walking among one of the the beautiful gardens, Aella's eyes couldn't help but drift towards the beautiful plant life. She'd never been a gardener but she could least appreciate the magnificent array of colours that were dancing around her. There was much to learn and she knew that she'd have to find a a teacher at some point but for now, she was content with just exploring the palace and figuring out where everything was. The building was enormous and wasn't quite what she was used to but she'd handled herself well on the first day and had got on pretty well with the nobility that she had come across. Surprisingly, she was already known by some, thanks to the success that she and her father had with their metalwork. They made the best blades on Ruusan, something that she took great pride in.

Pausing beside one of the beautiful flowery displays, Aella took a seat, relaxing in the morning sunshine.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 3
      Given: 6

0 Not allowed!
      Humming to herself as she weeded a separate area within the garden, the dark side witch knew that some of these things now extricated from the ground would be useful in one of her potions. Many of the colorful flowers and vibrant plants had been transplanted from one of the various worlds that the veteran Penumbra member had visited over nearly a decade being with the secretive community. Many faces had come and gone in that time and though she wished for some of them to return, the quieter palace was accepted as home. She had no intentions of leaving herself as the galaxy still needed help being freed from the tyranny of despots and rogue Force users alike.

Rising, the plainly dressed, though shapely female, turned and continued surveying the grounds around her, then soon noticed the young girl seated and enjoying her surroundings. Sunlight cascading through the boughs of the ancient trees that separated the palace grounds and mansion from the nearly hidden hangar complex and landing field behind. Greenery carefully nurtured and cared for by the ex-Pachmari witch.

Though not the only one with a green thumb around here.

Basket carried within the crook of her left, tanned arm, she slowly made her way toward the stranger. However, with closer inspection Shyahwyn could feel the Force flowing through the untrained girl and with that knowledge, her presence became even more intriguing. Emerald orbs focused now on the female as she approached, her booted feet now settling on the stone tiled pathway leading from the servant's quarters to the wrought iron gate at the back.

"Morning," the pleasant greeting as Shyahwyn's right hand cupped her left, both now holding the basket full of samples of various plants as well as weeds.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The garden was so relaxing that Aella could have nodded off although given the fact that her adrenaline had been at a fever pitch ever since she'd joined the place, that might have been wishful thinking. It wasn't as if she was nervous or afraid about her sudden new life, just that she'd been swept up in the excitement of it all. The idea of being able to help those in need did appeal to her sense of justice which was pretty much the only aspect of her new faction that she actually knew. The philosophy beyond that was a complete mystery to her. Oh, she knew that would change soon enough but she was curious none the less. She'd never been a master of words or the deeper meanings of life but the secretive nature of the Dark Jedi did cause a few questions to rise to the forefront of her mind. Questions that for now at least, would probably have to wait.

A voice cut through her thoughts at that point and she turned her head around, her dark pink gaze rising to meet the emerald one of the woman speaking to her.

"Morning," Aella answered cheerfully, a smile stretching out across her face, "I hope I'm not trespassing or anything but I couldn't help but have a look at these lovely displays."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Shyahwyn's gaze followed hers through the explosion of color around them, then back as she grinned. "Not at all, I come out here almost every morning, myself." Glancing to the basket, then back up, "Most of these flowers and plants actually scent the candles I make and potions for healing and other things. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that appreciates nature."

She could tell there was a lot more than that on the girl's mind as they spoke, canting her head slightly to the left as she continued. "I'm Shyahwyn. I heard we had a new face in the palace," a smile creased her tan, smooth face. "Welcome."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Thank you, I'm Aella, Aella Lexley. A pleasure to meet you," the pink haired girl responded with a grin, "I was recruited a day or so ago."

She found her interest piqued by Shyahwyn's words about being a potion maker. It wasn't a topic that she knew much about and would be easily be stumped if asked to identify a plant by name, let alone its more medicinal uses. The subject was fascinating though and perhaps she could pick up a trick or two. When she thought about it, her knowledge was pretty limited on most subjects. Her life had been spent entirely learning her father's trade and she'd dedicated herself to that. However, Baulder had always told her that she should broaden her horizons and she wouldn't get a better chance of doing so then as a member of the Dark Jedi. There was so much to learn, a thought that caused her to feel nothing but excitement and eagerness.

"You're an Apothecary?" she asked, her curiosity getting the better of her.
      Last edited by Aella Lexley; 05-09-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Nodding at the initial introduction, Shyahwyn knew now whose name had been passed around privately earlier, now. Most of the leaders of the Covenant informed the others of new arrivals so everyone could get to know them and find out what their strengths were, as well as any weaknesses. Everyone had something that they had to rely on others for and now that the pink haired girl had made herself known out here in the garden, first, the dark side master had someone to help mentor.

Grinning, she glanced into the basket and then back up, offering a knowing nod. "Among other things. I was taught how to identify various herbs and such, one of my gifts I guess you could say." Though the popular theory now was that Maelona had somehow imbued her understudy with the "sight" as she called it, long ago. "I sell many of my things in a store in downtown Olmondo. I've been offering some of my candles for that long hot bath after workouts," she informed, knowing that Aella would understand the hidden meaning behind the training that she would be undergoing here shortly. Though she had no idea yet what that would entail, but would find out soon enough.