• Twisted
  • VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 10
      Given: 7

The Eye, the storm...stand between them(Desiree)

0 Not allowed!
      As Desiree had gotten herself adjusted to life within the Dark Jedi and on Ruusan, Jacob had sent her a message to meet him by shuttle on the barren moon of Ruusan. Those at the hangar would know what he was talking about, and she would find passage to the moon not far from the main planet of Ruusan. It was here that the Dark Jedi honed their skills and those who took on a student trained here. Jacob wasn't new to this at all. He'd done so many a time as a Jedi Knight and even now as a Dark Jedi and he was comfortable passing on any knowledge to those who had the ambition to learn.

The former Jedi and Sith walked through the labyrinth where it's broken walls and shattered maze stood. Reaching it's end in a few moments he then came to a clearing near a small creek where small animals frolicked around and scattered when they saw the tall Dark Jedi. He smiled briefly at them as he then sat down. Closing his eyes he tried to find his balance in the means of the Force. Lately he'd been struggling when he'd left the Force Nexus he'd shown Ash on Balthim. Some how it affected him and he didn't see it nor know of it. Absorbing the energy of the Force when he showed her he again didn't realize how much it affected him and shifted his balance more to the dark and less to where he stood in balance. Jacob was struggling and he didn't show it on his face but he was.

Breathing in and out the Knight then tried to find that balance in himself. He gathered the Force to himself and meditated. Reaching out beyond the small moon to everything around him. Jacob didn't move at all and he seemed to be in a trance, as he kept reaching out with the power of the Force. His breathing was the only thing he could hear and he tuned everything in the world out as his meditation continued. All he did was say to himself the one thing that he always did when he began his meditation.

Hello darkness my old friend...

Queen Of The Bar Thread Since 2013
      Mood:
      Flirty

Thumbs Up
      Received: 8
      Given: 9

0 Not allowed!
      She hadn't been on Ruusan all that long but Desiree has found it surprisingly easy to adapt to her new home and way of life. She'd always had a gift at blending in to her surroundings and her joining the Dark Jedi hadn't been any different. Sure, the nobility weren't always friendly but the blonde had so far managed to handle herself when having to speak to them. Her friendly nature seemed to help with that and years of listening to anyone and everyone's stories in the various cantina's across the galaxy had taught her how to deal with people, regardless of status. In fact, the former Jedi was quite happy with her own progress and was already learning the ropes as far as how the planet work, as well as the inner workings of the Dark Jedi themselves. Comfortable was the word she'd use to describe how she felt about the place, much more so than she had on Yavin. The Dark Jedi encouraged her to be herself while the Jedi had tried to turn her in to someone she frankly wasn't.

Getting to the training moon had been simple enough although getting through the labyrinth hadn't been and more than once had she managed to get lost in the place. Sure, it was falling apart at the seams but it was still enough to put her off. She managed to keep her head though and took a light hearted approach to it, as she did most things. Desiree or Siren as she was known by the Dark Jedi, simply laughed it off and kept trying until she eventually found her way in to a clearing. It was a beautiful place and a smile soon formed on her face as she watched the wildlife around her, occasionally picking up a thought or two from them. She'd always been good with animals and skills to do with nature and wasn't surprised that she could still reach out to them, even though she no longer followed the light. However, she couldn't do it at will any more and she knew that she'd have to start from scratch. She didn't mind that at all and the thought excited her a little.

Eventually, she came across the small creek and found the meditating Knight. With a grin, she sat down across for him and spoke, her blue eyes dancing with mischief and eagerness,

"Morning, Jacob," she said cheerfully, "You sure picked an out of the way spot for this."

Thanks Chiara for the beautiful sig!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Opening his eyes when he heard her footsteps approach him the Knight then set his orange eyed gaze on her as her eyes spoke of mischief and eagerness. A smile crept to his face as she said this place was an out of the way area. After she said that he laughed for a moment. But, that was why they trained here since no one passed by here since it wasn't deemed hospitable for the nobles or anyone else on Ruusan. There were other moons of course but this one was perfect for the Penumbra and that was all that mattered to them. He still sat there as she sat and he canted his head to the side and studied her. Wondering how she was faring here on Ruusan. Surely the temperature was much different at least he hoped she'd agree on.

"Yeah, it's out of the way and no one comes through here, except for us of course. That's why we come here to train." Jacob said with a brief smile, then asked with his head still canted, "How are you faring here?"

Returning his head to a normal state he then stood to his feet and turned around. Walking to the creek that was an offshoot of the main channel he then dipped his hand in and took his hand and cupped it before gathering a bit of water and put it to his lips and drank it. Shaking his hand of the excess water he then turned around and kept to his feet. Now was where he would see how she felt about the Force. Jacob knew much of it but there were parts that were still mysterious even to him. His Farsight ability was good but it didn't give him enough to know exactly what would happen. Sometimes the Force itself spoke to him in riddles and he was always wondering what that meant. Then again, he might not ever know until it presented itself.

"I want to ask you this before we really begin...what is the Force to you? What does it mean to you now that you've turned away from the Jedi?" He asked curiously, "I've seen both sides...it means something different to everyone so don't worry you aren't gonna get a wrong answer. Trust me, Desiree, you won't be told your wrong by me. Unless you somehow reveal everything about us, then that is when you'd be told your wrong."

Mood:
      Flirty

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "I haven't offended anyone yet if that's what you're asking," Desiree answered with a grin, "I think I've got used to the place pretty well although the nobles can be a bit pompous at times."

His second question required more thought and the blonde fell silent for a minute or so as she tried to put her own views of the Force in to words. She had never quite fully believed in the Jedi mantra, even when she was a member of the Order and her time away had only soured her more on that philosophy. They had a very specific view of what was right or wrong but that just wasn't the case in reality. There was always a maybe, a because, a reason behind why people performed the actions they did. Desiree would never take a life for sport or fun and she hoped that she'd never have to but she had come to understand that sometimes, it could well be necessary. Yet, it wasn't the Force that made those decisions and it was that realisation that had caused her to begin coming up with her own philosophy.

"I don't think there are two sides of the Force,"
      she eventually said, sounding almost philosophical for once, "I think it's squarely in the middle and reacts to how we behave. We corrupt the Force, it doesn't corrupt us. It's us that has the light and dark within us and we're the one's who have to find our balance with it. The corruption that appears on the faces of those who main and kill is a symbol of their own inability to find a balance, not because the Force has turned them in to monsters. I said when we first met that I thought that Jedi way was childish and I think that is the same for the Sith as well. We all have our positive and negative emotions and we need them both in order to live properly. A person who tries to live solely using one or the other will never be whole and will never find true happiness either. The fact that our group exists seems to be a symbol of that. We've all came to the same conclusion. That there is more to the Force then simply the Jedi and Sith divide. The truth is in between and taking bits and pieces from both."

She then chuckled and grinned at Jacob,

"Not bad for a ditzy blonde, huh?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob listened to her philosophy on the Force and smiled at the end as she stated it wasn't bad for a ditzy blonde, "No, not bad at all, Desiree."

He then walked to the creek once more and then turned to face her. Motioning for her to join him near it he then sat down next to it as the water flowed as the calmness of it made him smile. Jacob tried his best to tether himself and keep his balance. At this point it was difficult but before it wasn't. All thanks to the nexus of Force energy. As he sat there he then channeled the Force using his anger to a degree but keeping to his moral and philosophy of balance. Finding the tranquility of nature and the tranquility in his own heart and soul. It was tough but he managed it at this point somehow.

"Now, channeling the Force you know. But to channel it as we do one must find balance. I find it's easier to use anger, or passion, or whatnot. Then once you have the strong, darker emotions that Jedi don't use look upon something good. Any sort of emotion that's good or a memory. In other words...find what comes to you." Jacob said with a brief smile, "I can only guide you that way, you must find it for yourself, Desiree."

Mood:
      Flirty

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      With a nod of her head, Desiree closed her eyes and attempted to do what Jacob asked of her. She focused within and allowed herself to dwell on the deep seated passion that lay inside her. It was a powerful emotion indeed but the blonde was strong enough mentally to stop it from taking control completely. How many nights of passion had she taken part in? Dozens? Hundreds? Each one of them a festival of lust and passion and it was those encounters that she focused upon. She remembered those nights so well and it was impossible for a smirk not to cross her features. The Nar Shaddanian could feel the want and desire churn within her and it was then that she began to focus on the morning's after and it was those memories which helped her find her balance. She remembered how grateful her partners always were afterwards and the elation that she always felt, knowing that she'd helped someone in her own way. In her mind, there was no other feeling that could be any more "good" than that.

Taking a breath and having found her centre, she turned to the Knight and opened her eyes, completing her task,

"I hope I didn't utter anything perverted while I was doing that," she joked, before adding in a slightly more serious tone, "I have found my sense of balance, I'm ready."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob chuckled, "No you didn't say anything like that."

When she said she was ready he then nodded. Looking up at the sky for a moment he then let his own Force aura come forth as the darkness within him swirled but felt more like it was being in a storm, a hurricane. In the center, or at least that moment Jacob felt himself in the eye. Of course he was having a harder time now then he had before controlling himself. All thanks again to the Force nexus on Balthim and he could only do so for a moment before he had to stop channeling the Force in himself. Now that Desiree had found her balance he could give her an alternative if that didn't work at times. His own way of doing it if that somehow helped her or made much more sense to her.

"There is another way if that at times doesn't work. Think of yourself standing in the storm of a hurricane. Then one step you end up in the eye, the calmness. To me, you put one leg in the storm and one leg into the eye. Sort of...standing between them both." He said with a serious tone yet smiled for a second, "Now, focus yourself on that rock right here by my foot."

He then pointed to a rock which was a foot or so away from his toe. It was relatively bigger then what most beginners were used to lifting but he figured since she was formerly a Jedi, that this wouldn't be hard at all. Just using the Force in a different purpose. Smiling he then looked over at her and finished what he was gonna say.

"You know what to do. Lift it. If you struggle, it's alright. Going from one extreme to another was hard for me too." He said with a reassuring tone, "I've known that all too well."

Mood:
      Flirty

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The blonde listened as the Knight described his own way of finding his centre and while it was imaginative, she didn't think it would work for her. Desiree didn't think of her emotions in quite the same way and was happy with her own method of finding balance. It was enlightening to hear his view on the subject though and she had to wonder just how how rough his life must have been in order to have a philosophy like that. Sure, they had talked a bit when he'd recruited her but that had been a conversation mostly about her rather than him. She remembered what he'd said about once being a member of both the Jedi and Sith in the past, a feat that she found pretty impressive. It took guts to switch from one faction to another and it wasn't something that she'd consider. Yes, she quit the Jedi but she'd had no intention of joining the Empire afterwards. At the time, she'd considered herself done with the whole Force deal.

When it was time for her to use her new sense of balance to use the Force, Desiree turned her head towards the rock and again began to focus on her passion and lust, before combining it with the happiness that she felt whenever she aided someone in need. The combination created the sense of equality that she needed and after a few moments, she felt ready to give it a try.

She then tried to raise the rock, visualising it rising in to the air. The result wasn't quite what she'd expected as it took off like a rocket and ended up tumbling in to the creek.

"Bollocks," she said with a laugh, seeing the funny side of her attempt, "A little too much passion behind that, I think."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Seeing her attempt as the rock tumbled into the creek the Knight then chuckled with her. He'd seen much worse like the time his first student had made the rock rise and dart at his face. Luckily he'd seen that coming and stopped it in time. Nonetheless it was a good attempt which inadvertently she used another skill with telekinesis. But this time he looked at the rock and pulled it back out of the creek and right between them. Smiling at her he then gave her a reassuring smile that she should try again. It never hurt to keep trying. Jacob knew that notion all to well. That was what he made himself do all the time...try.

"No it wasn't that bad of a try...sure there might be too much passion...but...it's better to have some then none at all." Jacob said winking, "Just try again. Actually you inadvertently did another skill associated with it. Which I'm sure your familiar with. Least you won't need to do that one."

He then clasped his hands behind his back and watched. This time he figured she'd get the hang of it. It was all about trying and there needed to be a darker sense then what she was used to. Desiree wasn't innocent by no means, even she admitted that but the ways of the Jedi themselves and Sith were two different things. Dark Jedi had their own ways. Jacob knew both the other sides well and he had reached balance. Maintaining it was now a different story altogether for him. He'd done well up to this point. It was that recent events made him lose his grip on it all.

Mood:
      Flirty

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Nodding her head again, Desiree focused upon the rock once more and tried to use the Force in order to lift it. It was a strange sensation in a way as she'd been able to do it so easily as a Jedi but it had become a little more difficult now that she was harnessing her emotions instead of suppressing them. It didn't bother though as she knew that she just needed to change her mindset a touch in order to get her head around her new philosophy. With that thought in mind, she tapped in briefly to her underlying passion before tempering it with her more positive emotions and once they had found their balance, the rock soon lifted up in to the air and hovered a few foot above the ground. It had been pretty easy once she'd got the gist of it and with a twirl of her hand, the rock began to spin in a clockwise direction, completely at her command.

"That's more like it," she said with a smirk, watching the rock as it continued to rotate, "I guess it's all about finding the balance, like you said."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob nodded, "To me it is. Others have their ways and I have mine. It's just ways to channel the Force. No one is wrong in that aspect."

The Knight turned his attention to the rock Desiree lifted and spun with her hand going around in a circle. Smiling he saw now that she found herself again she got the hang of using the Force to move objects with telekinesis. She'd already thrown it with the Force without realizing it so that was already covered. Now she just had to learn how to push the objects away and reel them back in. Those she may have trouble with but he would tell her a way to do it. Again, it was his way but sometimes it just worked for him. Sometimes was the key word.

"See that little rock there?" He asked curiously then continued, "Push it away further. If you need to...use your frustration. Kinda like a burst of the Dark Side. To me it helps if I vent that anger and such in a small dose. But, I still manage to find my balance."

Mood:
      Flirty

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "The old Force Push, huh? You got it." she quipped, briefly remembering when she'd learned to use it as a Jedi. Back when she'd been polite, innocent and.....Who was she kidding? Desiree couldn't recall a time in her life when she'd been innocent. She had been introduced the adult world so early in her life that sometimes it felt like she'd never been a child at all, as strange as that might sound.

It was becoming easier to get in to the state of mind that she needed now and the blonde was soon delving once more in to her inner feelings and the touch of the Force. The sense of balance was quite soothing in a way. She no longer had to deny herself from feeling her emotions and could now express them in her own way. Truthfully, there wasn't a whole lot of anger or rage inside her as she had such a laid back attitude to life. Desiree didn't get angry, she just let insults or negative experiences bounce off of her and away from harm. All that she felt inside was the raw love for life that she'd always had and that was what inspired her and flowed through her veins. Was it a negative feeling? No, not as such but it was powerful enough for her to be able to use it, in a way that she'd never been able to as a Jedi.

Her focus upon the rock once more, she gave it a push with the Force and it flew forward about ten feet or so, stopping just before it fell in to the creek again.

"It's not often that I find myself pushing things away," she then said, pleased that she was getting the hang of her new source of strength.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob watched her and smiled. When she did the task he then nodded his head as it flew ten feet just landing near the creek. Looking back at her he then gave her a smile of approval and then laughed at her quip of not being used to pushing things away. The Knight knew what she meant by that and he couldn't help but laugh. Although in his youth he wasn't the sort of "ladies man" he kept to himself and only married one woman thus far. Again, he wasn't saying he wouldn't do it again and in truth he wasn't ready for such a relationship. There were a few who he tried with but they ended up leaving him or something to that effect. So, he stayed to himself and his work with the church in the public and the Force in the private eyes of those who used it themselves.

"Not bad." Jacob said with a smirk, "Though I'm sure your more attuned to pulling things closer then pushing them as you stated."

Then Jacob looked back at the rock before his orange colored eyes then went back to her, "Which I'm sure you know what comes next?"

Mood:
      Flirty

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Oh yeah, pulling is more fun after all," she answered with a chuckle, answering both his comeback and question at the same time.

She barely had to look at the rock this time and simply beckoned to it with her right hand and after a moment or two, it shot towards her. The blonde was in complete control of it and brought it to a halt just in front of her. Telekinesis was a fun ability to toy around with and she'd always been pretty good with it. Push, pull, throw, they were all a part of the same ability in her mind, just slightly different uses of it. In truth, she was just happy that there wasn't much in the way of rustiness on her part when it came to the Force. It felt as though she'd never given it up which gave her already overflowing confidence a boost. Desiree had always enjoyed her lessons with the Force more than those with a lightsaber due to her dislike for combat and was looking forward to picking up a new skill or two.

"This way of using the Force certainly makes more sense than the Order's philosophy" she commented, "A shame that so many are still bound by the Jedi and Sith ways of thinking."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob laughed at that. True, pulling things was good to know especially if there were armed soldiers or whatnot trying to shoot at you. Taking away their guns meant disarming them and at that point Jacob could either kill them or knock them out. Usually he chose the latter unless they did something else then he had no choice but to kill them. He wasn't completely turned into a killer but if he had to kill to save many lives then he would. The Knight had that choice and if it meant killing hundreds to save thousands or millions then so be it. After being a Jedi he knew that it was necessary as the Jedi weren't into killing but taking those into custody. Sometimes, that wasn't what needed to be done.

As Desiree mentioned the Jedi and Sith ways of philosophy and thinking he nodded. It was true, there were so many who were accustomed to that way of thinking. His son included, but, he was sure Junior would be far better at it then he ever was. All his son had to do was know that his father was proud of him. That Jacob wanted his son to be better then him. If Junior had to make a choice to kill someone because it was necessary then he had to. It wasn't like he wanted to force his son to be like him. His son was an adult now and he would make his own conscious decisions.

"That is true, Desiree. The Jedi aren't all bad, just, very closed off in their views. They let too much go on without actions. I wasn't like that when I was one of them. Which is why I had many a disagreement with them. I said to them that they needed to be wary of how the galaxy was these days. That they can't keep thinking of the ways of the Jedi before the Galactic Empire. It's what led to their downfall in the first place." Jacob said then walked up to the creek, "Sometimes killing is necessary if it means saving lives when no one else will take action. If that means killing hundreds to save thousands or millions then it has to be done."

Looking at the creek, Jacob then figured he'd take the training session into a different direction for now, "I'm sure your quite familiar with Telepathy?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast