• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 9
      Given: 7

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob nodded at what she said about being a volcano, "I can understand that. I've felt that way myself before."

The Archbishop pondered her next question. The Dark Jedi stood for what the Jedi nor Sith wouldn't and in that regard he thought they were more defenders then anything. They stood for justice and what was right even if it meant a few lives needed to be taken. The Penumbra would do what the Jedi wouldn't and act when they backed down. Sure, they had to hide in the shadows and run aloof of the Jedi and Sith but what they didn't know would be their downfall. No longer would he stand idly by while lives were taken just to be done so. The Sith stood for chaos and destruction, something he thought would be his own at the time, but, he figured out later it wasn't. All he had to do was reflect on himself and he saw the answer.

"We are called Dark Jedi. Not Jedi, nor are we Sith. We fall somewhere between. We're users of the Dark Side but we don't let things consume us. Let our emotions consume us, Coral. At times it may be easy to, but we would be no better then the Sith if we gave completely to the darkness. At times we must find a balance...something to keep us grounded." Jacob said, "The symbol of the Creator isn't that. It's the Dark and Light Side of the Force. If you look you'll see."

The words he spoke he would let sink in. But the truth was the Creator that was stained into the window was actually the Force. Showcasing both the Light and Dark Side but looked to work in harmony. To Jacob, the Force was simply the Force. It wasn't inherently dark nor light, it was how you used it that counted. Sure, lightning from one's fingertips would be considered dark. But if he used it for a good purpose would it be considered that way? To some yes it would but not to him. The Jedi used their abilities for the sake of peace and whatnot or so it be told but if they used an ability considered dark they'd be shunned for using it. If they used it for such a purpose of good or what seemed to be good intention then by no means would Jacob shun them. Like many had done before to him.

"The Penumbra do what others will not. We won't stand idly by while destruction and chaos happen like the Jedi have done countless times. We're not conquerors like the Sith, raining destruction just to do so. Understand that by no means we are all peaceful. Some of us are former Sith, some former Jedi. I have been on both of those sides." Jacob said before he added, "There comes a time when you must take a life to save the lives of others. By no means do I say just kill someone thinking you'll save lives. It has to mean something. Say...one life for a hundred. A hundred for a thousand. So on and so forth."

Thumbs Up
      Received: 0
      Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
      The first word that screamed out to her as he explained the Dark Jedi was assassin although it did not disgust or bother her a great deal. The idea of killing someone to save others was one that she could get behind and the thought of ending a life did not cause her to pause or think twice about it. There were those in the galaxy who trampled on others and she had seen a small part of that world during her time on the streets. The greedy nobility treading all over the poor, robbing them of what little they had, a thought that easily stirred up the fire of emotions that were so close to coming to the surface. Yes, it might have been thought of as simply a fact of life but Coral refused to believe that. She believed in fairness deep down, that everyone should be equal and that was an ideal that she would fight for.

She gazed towards the glass window that had become the focus point for her anger and although it was difficult to see past her own viewpoint, Coral could sort of see what he meant. The mantra of the Dark Jedi seemed to be similar to her own and the pinkette found herself agreeing with it quite quickly. Mindless destruction was not what she wanted in truth, the girl just wanted to find a purpose, a goal for her to work towards, to drag her out of the chasm of darkness that she was in. Perhaps learning to use the Force was her way out, one that give her life the resuscitating that it so badly needed. What was her alternative? To continue withering away on the streets until she keeled over and passed away from starvation and exhaustion? The fact that she was even thinking about continuing her life was a positive at least and she found herself starting to believe what he was saying. Not because she was blind as her parents had been but because he was simply talking sense and in a way that she could understand.

That was not to say that she agreed with every word he said though.

"Surely saving one innocent life is as important as a hundred, right?" she then asked, "If I come across a man beating another to a bloody pulp, I am not just going to sit idly by just because it is "only" one life that I would be saving. The second I start thinking of lives in that way is when I would have lost my humanity. That is what makes the Dark Jedi different from the Sith, yes? One still has their humanity while the other does not."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Of course." Jacob said to her question, then added, "But, let me ask you...what if that man was beating the other for a good reason? What if the one being beaten done something to his family? One life is worth saving if is justified doing so. We as Dark Jedi have our humanity, yes. The Sith do not and think of such blinding things like death, destruction and the like that they have forgotten it. Jedi have too much of humanity and don't realize that not acting is as bad as the Sith for what they do."

The Knight then paused to then stand up and walked down to the end of the room and turned the corner looking at someone though Coral wouldn't see it. He was talking to another of the priests and other bishops that were here. To them he said that he wanted a few bottles of water and some more protein bars. Not plain ones but ones with more fruit flavors in them. They looked at him puzzled but shook their heads and did what they were told. Turning back around he then rejoined Coral and sat down beside her.

"Yes, one life is important as a hundred and so on. But there are times when the Force will tell you when to act. It's like a signal or a sign to do something. The Jedi have ignored them and the Sith act too much on rage and all that to see that they could do better. To me, both sides are like bickering children. Trying to get their parents attention." Jacob said with a slight chuckle, "We as Dark Jedi work independent. Let's just say we don't need our parents attention all the time. We get what we need to do done."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Describing the Jedi and Sith like children brought a brief smile to form across Coral's features, understanding the meaning behind the analogy. In fact, she would say that childish was a fair description of the way that the Jedi and Sith lived their lives and the philosophy that they followed. Neither made much sense to her because she understood that balance was the key to life in general. She would never be able to fit in to either faction and honestly, they would probably do more harm than good to her anyway. She had suffered far too much to accept the light side ideal and the thought of becoming a monster such as the Sith were turned her stomach. If she was to join any group then it had to be one that she could agree with. Sure, the pinkette could simply turn her brain off and join one for the sake of joining but that was not good enough for her. She wanted to commit either 100% or none at all.

"I kind of like the idea of running around under the noses of the Jedi and Sith," she admitted, "There is so much cruelty and misery in the galaxy and yet neither of those groups do anything about it. It comforts me somewhat that there is a group out there who does and is more in sync with the times than either of them are. I think that the Jedi and Sith are just a relic of the past from what you have told me. The galaxy has evolved but they have not and that is the problem, they are out of date now. If both groups could find balance as the Dark Jedi do then I think the galaxy would be a far safer place for all. I guess that is just wishful thinking on my part though."

Talking seemed to help sooth her unhappiness and Coral began to feel more comfortable although she was beginning to get a numb backside from having sat down on the hard floor for so long and her hand still caused her pain now and again.

"You talk about the Force nudging us to do what is necessary from time to time," she then asked, "Do you think it has a mind of its own then?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob smiled and held his hand out to lift her up as he himself stood to his feet. It was difficult sitting on the floor for such a time, even at his age. Not that he was as old as some who came to his church but Jacob was still in his early forties. A father of two and a Dark Jedi to boot he was still a clone of his former self. But that didn't really matter as he knew his life beforehand. To Jacob, his cloning and life after that were his own. He wasn't living the life of a dead man. No, he was still the same person but just had different views of life and the Force. Lately, he just couldn't control himself like he'd been able to do before.

"Your way of thinking is quite mature for someone your age, Coral." Jacob said with a smile, then said once more with a serious tone, "I'm sorry I had to deceive your parents this way and I wished I could have helped them. But, at least I can do right by you. Guide you to become who you want to be. Not what the Jedi or Sith would force you to try and be. Stick to your guns, Coral. It'll take you very far."

Regarding her question he thought for a moment. In ways it was a living thing and was present in mostly everything around them. No one could see it but it was there. Unless you had the ability to see it with your own eyes, or rather, with the aid of the Force itself, then you'd see how present it was. Jacob could see if he wanted to but he'd seen it before and was surprised at his findings. Such a long time ago he'd seen it but ever since knew it was a living thing altogether. That it did have a mind of it's own at times.

"I believe it does at times. Sometimes it speaks to us, as I've had that happen to me personally many a time." Jacob answered, "Don't be afraid of it though. Sometimes it does that for good reason. That it's trying to teach you something or warn you. It can also ask you questions. Sometimes in riddles you might not understand. Though given time you will. But, then again, it keeps mysteries all it's own."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "What the heck?!" Coral exclaimed as she suddenly found herself being lifted up in to the air and then on to her feet, before giving him a sour look and adding, "You could have warned me that you were going to do that."

She was strong enough to walk now, thanks to his earlier use of the Force but it was unlikely that the girl would be running a marathon any time soon. Her body was crying out for rest and as for her mind, well, who knew where that was now. The pinkette needed time to process everything that she had heard although she at least felt better than she had before. Her darker emotions were slowly retreating for the time being and although she would not go as far as to say that she was cheerful, Coral was at least past the point of no return. There was hope for her and that was enough to keep her going. Part of her was actually looking forward to the start of this new life that she was about to begin, a life where she could start to feel like herself again. Whatever happened though, the teenager would not return to the streets. It was time to move on, one way or another.

"I understand," she answered, finally coming to terms with had happened to her family and managing to see the situation for what it was. He did what he could for them but in the end, it was just not enough. There were just some conditions that could not be beaten and it also made her realise that there were some things that not even the Force could change, regardless of how strong it was. "I do not plan on becoming a blind follower as my parents were though. I will listen and try to understand the ways of the Dark Jedi but I am not going to simply recite a code or just not my head to everything I hear. If I do not agree with something, you can be sure that I will make my feelings known although I am sure that you probably know that already." A smile crossed her features at that point, well aware of her own nature.

"It sounds like it can be a pain in the ***," she commented as he replied to her question about the Force, "I am just glad that it is more than just the simple weapon that I was told it was."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12