• Twisted
  • VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 0
      Given: 0

The Creator Of Nightmares (Jacob - TDSR Recruitment)

0 Not allowed!
      Ruusan - Church of the Creator

All those sermons, all those hours spent in prayer, all those years of blind worship what was the end result? To have their lives taken by an illness, a horrible disease which caused its victims to slowly wither and rot away until they were unrecognisable to those closest to them. What had they done to deserve such a fate? Why had they been chosen to suffer such a painful and heartbreaking end? Why had the Creator chosen such a faithful family to be the victims of this cruel curse? What more could they have done? Such questions were difficult for even the wisest of bishops to answer, let alone for a young girl, one who had not even reached womanhood. Yet, they continued to constantly rattle through her mind, never giving her a moments peace and continuing to push her further in to the realm of helplessness that she could not escape from.

Staggering in to the massive church that stood before her, the girl slowly made her way towards the centre of the vast hall. Weak and half starved, the pink haired teenager was little more than a shadow of what she had once been, the last of her family and the only one to have been lucky enough to have escaped the condition which had destroyed those she loved although there were moments when she wished she hadn't. Any fate was better than this. To be left alone, abandoned by those who she once called friends who had turned their backs on her when she sorely needed them, afraid that they may contract the condition from her. There was no where for her to go and no one to turn to. All she felt was a painful mix or fear, loneliness and an intense anger that she struggled to contain. She was at the end of her tether, as well as her endurance.

Memories flooded her mind, replaying her short life, both the good times and bad which did nothing but add to the volcano of emotion that lay within. She wanted to vent, to let it all out, to blame someone for what had happened to her and that was what had brought her here. Not for charity or forgiveness but to unleash her rage against the one who had supposed to have been their saviour and protector.

What felt like an age was in reality only moments and the teenager found herself staring up at a stain glass window, showing what seemed to be both human and not at the same time and the sight of it brought everything to the surface.

"I hate you," she began, her tone a mixture of exhaustion and anger, "I hate everything you stand for and despise those who blindly follow your lies. You do not care about those who follow you nor do you attempt to save us from ourselves or others. You are a lying, cheating, piece of scum who enjoys having us blindly obey every order or commandments that you set down. You claim to reward those who follow you but what is that reward? Pain? Torture? Death? Why do you punish those who follow you? What are you trying to prove?"

She staggered at this point but leaned on the pew beside her to maintain her balance, her voice increasing in volume and becoming a screech,

"My family were as loyal to you as any other and FOR WHAT?! TO BE SET UPON WITH AN ILLNESS THAT COULD NOT BE CURED? TO HAVE OUR FRIENDS TURN ON US AS THOUGH WE WERE LEPERS? FOR EVERYTHING WE HAD TO BE STOLEN OR BURNT? WHAT KIND OF PROTECTION IS THAT?!"

At this point, her legs gave way completely and she fell on her backside, unable to get up. All she could do was lean up against the pew although her eyes never left the window.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 9
      Given: 7

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob had just walked out of his own offices when he'd heard the shouting from what seemed like a young girl's voice. She was shouting it seemed and he heard what she'd spoken of as it seemed to be about her family. About a disease that couldn't be cured. To which Jacob knew about it as he knew her parents. There were only a handful of people who'd contracted it and it wasn't from here on Ruusan either. It had come from where the Dark Jedi were before as his friend Rel told him about it. Rannon. A place that Rel had found out carried a disease that couldn't be cured. Or so he thought anyways. It had ravaged the planet and killed many. Somehow it must have come with them some way or another. Those who contracted it withered away and perished soon after.

He turned the corner and peeked his head to see the young girl. Again, he knew most of everyone who came to his church and her parents were no different. They attended, thought of him as the Creator in human form. Those who blindly thought of him as that and he tried his best to convince those he wasn't. That all he was here for was to spread the message and make sure all who came followed a path of decency. All the Creator would want is for them to enjoy their lives and try their best to do good for the sake of it and not commit evil or selfish acts for the sake of doing them. Jacob felt sorry for the young girl and in secret he tried to do his best to find a cure. But it was to no avail and he felt like he'd failed her parents among a few other individuals.

The Dark Jedi Knight then slowly walked up to her looking in his pocket as he could tell she was weakened. Fidgeting with his pocket he produced a small canteen of water from his pocket. Walking briskly over to the young girl he then looked around and helped her sit up and then offered her the canteen of water. Not that he wished harm on anyone and he then thought of what Rel told him about Rannon. That they destroyed it to save others. Some were brought here to Ruusan while most perished. Ravaged by the disease and death that happened there. Which the girl's parents weren't directly there but some how contracted that disease Rel spoke of.

"I heard you shouting." Jacob said to her, "You need something to drink like water, and I'll get you something to eat you look like you haven't in days."

He then sat her up once more and turned her to face him as he looked her over for a moment his orange colored eyes scanning her, but in truth he then touched her bare skin and then let the Force flow through him and into her healing her from exhaustion. Luckily he'd been taught that technique as a Dark Jedi. Something he'd finally picked up from a holocron in the lower reaches of the palace. The Force could do many things and he was glad for it. Although he was starting to lose his grip on balance. It seemed the darker side of him was coming to the surface. It played with his abilities and Jacob felt himself not being able to completely grab hold of his tether he made for himself to keep the balance of the Force. Now it was shifting more into the dark. Something he'd need to learn to control and try to bring said balance back that he'd known for so long.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      For a moment, she thought that there were two of him, her vision blurry and her wits scattered. Half of the words he said simply went in one ear and out the other. Her outburst had sapped the last of her strength and she truly felt as though her life would end then and there. Yet, the teenager did not actually fear her own death at this point and there was a part of her that actually wished for it. To be able to follow her family in to the after life and to reunite with them there, leaving her tormented existence on Ruusan behind. She could almost see their silhouettes in her minds eyes, one gently calling her name while the other stretched out their hand towards her. All she had to was take their hand and it would all be over, her family line coming to an end then and there.

That was not what happened though and she began to feel a kind of energy inside that seemed to drain away the overwhelming tiredness that she felt. The silhouettes began to drift further away until they disappeared completely, leaving her once again within the mortal realm. It was not the end and she felt life returning to her body and mind. She did not know what it was and too far gone to notice whatever he might have been doing. Everything eventually came back in to focus and she found herself being looked at by an adult male. A figure that she was unable to recognise at first but her eyes briefly turned towards the canteen that he was holding and before she could even think about saying anything, her pale right hand reached out and took the container from him.

She drank greedily, the water tasting as pleasant as anything that had ever passed her lips, sending a tingling feeling through her body. In those first few seconds, she forgot about absolutely everything, her depressing thoughts replaced by one simple word which flowed through her mind, 'Water'.

Unfortunately, she drank far too quickly and soon found herself coughing like crazy, almost spilling the canteen all over the pair of them. It took a few moments for her to control herself but she managed to pull it off in the end.

It was only after her coughing fit that she turned back towards him, trying to collect herself.

"You are the Archbishop," she eventually said, her tone of voice weak and the momentary bliss of the water already beginning to disappear. The look in her eye was certainly not one of thanks although she lacked the strength to shout or scream any longer.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob was concerned for her when she started coughing like crazy but he figured that she'd drank the water too quickly and that seemed to be what it was. Though the look lacked any sort of thanks he could look past that because she'd been shouting only a few moments before then. As she spoke of him being the Archbishop he nodded. It was true that was what he was and he was surprised she knew of him because he personally didn't know her. Her parents had spoken of her but they attended the church and she didn't. He couldn't blame her it was her choice not their own and she had her own convictions for not doing it. Truth be told he wasn't actually a believer in the religion either and he was a user of the Force. But she didn't know that and neither did anyone else not within the Penumbra.

"I am the Archbishop, young one." Jacob said with a reassuring nod, then produced a protein bar from the opposite pocket, "Here take this."

After he offered it to her he then scooted away to give her space. Though he sat down on one of the pew near her. His orange colored eyes gazed at her and wondered what was causing her so much distress. Then again it was obvious as he'd known her parents had died and Jacob couldn't do much for them. He did the best he could to make their lives comfortable till they passed on and the Archbishop was working on a cure although he couldn't do it himself. He'd funded research into it but so far nothing was done. It made him feel like a failure that he couldn't help the lives of those it was taking and if it kept going then it'd be Rannon all over again. Or at least he hoped it wouldn't be that way. As Rel had explained to him that it happened. Although he didn't really think his friend told him everything.

"What seems to be troubling you? Maybe I can help you, in some way. I can't bring your parents back." Jacob said as he looked down then back up at the stained glass window she was gazing at during her rant, "You were shouting at the top of your lungs."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      His question infuriated her more than anything and in order to to stop herself from venting again, she opened the protein bar and took a bite. It had been days since she had eaten anything and her reaction to the food was similar to as it had been for the water. Protein bars were not known for their great taste but that did not matter to her. Just finding something that was edible was enough for her and she had an appreciation for food now that she had not before. While she ate, the pinkette struggled to come up with an answer to his question. Troubled was a massive understatement and she did not honestly know how to even begin trying to explain how she felt or to relive what had happened to her again. It was difficult enough to live with the memories, let alone having to discuss it verbally.

Anger, sadness, loneliness, such emotions were all that she felt inside. There was no light at all in her heart, stripped away by the misery that had taken over her life and it buried itself deeply within her. It was like she was a volcano and could erupt at any time, her verbal barrages taking the place of the lava. Her once lively and energetic personality had been replaced with a short temper and a wicked tongue, angry at the galaxy and everyone in it. She had seen the worst of people during her time on the streets and it was now all she saw in those she met. The childlike naivete had gone, replaced with a cold and more cynical approach to life.

"They should not have been taken at all and that is what troubles me," she finally said, a snappish tone to her voice and a look of utter contempt on her face as she once more gazed at the stain glass window, "All my life, they spoke of the great Creator. They lived and breathed in his teachings and your sermons. They came here every day and prayed. To be faithful to him was what would grant our family long and happy lives but that did not happen, did it? It was absolute dog ****. All they got for their trouble was an illness that tortured them for months, while I had to sit and watch, helpless to do anything."

She fell silent again briefly and took another bite of the bar, the memories once more begin to flow through her mind again. Her grip tightened on the bar and her hands clenched in to fists.

"Now I find myself without a home, a family or anything at all. I am lost in a dark tunnel and there is no light at all, just endless darkness."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The Knight felt her emotions and it reverberated through the entire room. She might not have noticed but Jacob did as things that weren't bolted to the floor vibrated with a subtle energy that it took him a moment to realize what it was. That was the Force and he didn't even know until he brought his own feelings to the surface with the Force. Again she was too occupied with eating and telling of how the Creator was complete waste as her parents had died from the disease that had plagued Rannon. Again, something he fully didn't know nor did he wish to. It was part of the Penumbra's past and it was gonna be kept as such. Jacob was just focused on the present as he brought his own failure to the surface as the darkness swirled to him. As it was now calling to him "The Night" and his sense of both dark and light were starting to waver.

But the inner darkness was threatening to take completely and he was blaming that on the Nexus and it's corrupting powers. He was wanting to destroy it but wanted to show some of his students what it was and how it worked. They would not enter it and bask in the energy, no, that was now too dangerous. Dangerous for them even to be near it but they had to know in case they found one. Then his students would know what to do and how to approach such a phenomenon. In the meantime, Jacob focused on Coral at this moment. It was all he could really do as he heard what she said and again, he looked at the floor and sighed. His memories of his own parents deaths coming back.

"I know what it feels like to be helpless. I'd watched my parents die too." Jacob admitted out loud to her, "Though it wasn't by any illness...it was by Force users."

The former Jedi let that sink in for a moment. Of course he felt sorry for her because he felt like he should have done more. He'd known for quite some time that it was the disease from Rannon that slowly killed her parents. Jacob tried to put research and effort into helping those that had contracted it. But, it was of no avail and it was too late for them. A handful of people who'd died from something that he fully didn't understand. Though again, it couldn't be helped and he would try to keep funding research to find a cure for it or some kind of treatment for anyone else that caught it.

"In life, there is a balance." Jacob said trying to shift the conversation to the philosophy of the church, "Your parents knew that. Sometimes one does bad for the sake of good. But as long as your intentions were good then you'll find the light at the end of the cycle of life. Yes, your parents followed the church and my sermons blindly and yet I'd stated that I'm just here to teach them that. I'm no one to worship. Yet, they still do. Which haunts me. But I must tell you that I knew your parents personally. I tried helping them but I wasn't fast enough nor was the research yielding any results. I failed them."

The Archbishop then took the band out of his hair as it had grown out once more and let his long hair fall to his shoulders. Blinking his eyes he then sighed out loud before putting the band on his wrist keeping it there. Looking over at her then up at the window which showed a white and black circle like figure that seemed to be floating up in the sky he then smiled if only for a moment. He'd explain that if need be but it didn't stand for the Great Creator at all. In truth, it was a subtle nod to the Dark and Light Side of the Force. No one else pointed that out yet, but those who knew were the ones who were part of the Penumbra to some degree.

Yet, Jacob then looked down at the floor resting his chin on his hands, his tone one of sadness and failure, "I'm sorry that I failed them. Your parents mentioned you a lot actually. Your name is...Coral right?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Right," she answered simply and for a time, that was all she said.

Coral might have felt sympathy for him having to feel the same helplessness as her if she was not already lost in her own sense of loss. It all felt so painfully raw and she had not even begun to come to terms with it, even though a short amount of time had passed. His words about knowing her family came as no surprise to her as they spoke of him as well, almost as though he was a holy figure rather than just a man. They spoke of him in a way that they simply did not for anyone else. It was truly hero worship or perhaps even more than that but the fact that he was unable to save them simply confirmed that it was all just a dream. He was just as human as everyone else with the same weaknesses and frailties. What she had said about the Creator was a hundred percent true and it seemed that she had been right all along in distancing herself from the religion.

It was so easy for her to feel hatred towards him, not only for his failure in saving her parents but the fact that he was the figurehead of the religion that she now despised. The fact that he been able to save her from her weakened state almost seemed to stick the needle in further and there was a part of her that just wanted to lash out at him, a large part. The part of her that seemed to be in complete control these days. A darker side that had slowly began to grow over time and was now the dominant one. It had kept her going through the darkest of times but the toll on her had been so severe. To feel such anger and rage for so long had exhausted her to the point of near death and yet, she just could not let go of those powerful emotions. They ruled her.

"They spoke of you as though you were a God," she eventually said, "A being that was more than just a man but a Deity. They always claimed that you would save them, using the powers of the Creator to do so. Even when they were near death, they still continued to say that. Even though they were rotting, they still had that fantastical look in their eye and there were times where even I had to turn away. It broke me, seeing them like that."

She turned to look at him then and the anger was clear in every word she said, her pink eyes almost blazing with a fury that she could only just contain,

"Is this all just a game to you? Do you secretly enjoy having so many people worshipping you? Perhaps you get a thrill out of owning and controlling people?"

There was a loud crack from behind her and a massive crack along the wood of the pew that she was leaning on.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob knew the crack and he'd felt her do it even if she hadn't. The energy of the Force within her although she knew not of it at this point and time. At that moment Jacob thought of telling her but he refrained for the Force wasn't something openly spoken of here. With that Jacob just put his head down as she spoke of her parents worshiping him as a Deity of sorts. Again, he didn't want those of the congregation to think of him as such but it was no use. That is what created the visions he'd seen and it plagued him and although he tried his best to keep them from looking at him like that he knew that they had free will and to think however they wished.

"I told them not to think of me like that." Jacob said, "Countless times I've told all of them that come here not to think of me that way. But, everyone has free will. Things like that make me wonder why I renovated this place."

He looked around and stood up walking over to the podium that he spoke from and took his latest sermon from it. It was written down on paper which he usually did so on a datapad before he read it but at times he would do it on something like paper. Looking down at it he sighed and ripped it up and lit it on fire with one of the candles. Doing so he was letting his darker side win and his emotions were swirling out of control. Again he wasn't using the Force but that didn't mean he would if he couldn't hold himself together.

Walking back to where Coral was he then stood with his arm held across his front while he clasped the right hand over it. The young girl asked him if he thought it was a game, or that he found some joy in having people worship him. Truth be told he didn't and he would walk away right now if he could. He was determined not to as the congregation looked up to him. They had lost him before and he wasn't wanting to disappoint them. Though his own inner demons were wanting him to just give it all up and embrace the darkness. That there was no balance. There was only darkness and darkness alone. Standing a few feet from her he then shook his head.

"No, it's nothing I joke of. Everyone has free will, Coral. You either do the right thing, or you do the wrong thing. Sometimes we do the wrong thing for the right reasons and do the right thing for the wrong reasons. There isn't a person in this galaxy who doesn't have some sort of inner darkness. But, what you do with it is up to you. I spoke of the Creator giving everyone and even creatures free will." Jacob said but then took the conversation in another direction, "Honestly...there is more to it then that. You don't realize this but you have more of a gift then your parents. They just didn't want to admit they did. Your parents had it too."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Coral pondered over his words for a few moments and although it was difficult for her to think that clearly, she could at least partly see what he meant. Her parents had chosen to think of the Creator in the way that they did, to give themselves completely to the religion instead of looking at it with a more cynical eye as she had. It was a painful realisation and one that the girl did not honestly need at the moment but eventually she sighed and came to accept the fact. Her parents had never truly listened to what Jacob had been saying and instead just believed what they wanted to hear. Perhaps that was how all religions were although she had so little experience with other beliefs to truly know either way. Her mother and father had been sometimes forceful when it came to defending their beliefs and were ignorant to any other.

His words about her so called gifts baffled her and only brought a look of confusion to her face. As far as she knew, there was nothing special about her at all although self doubt had long been a companion of hers. In truth, Coral was insecure about practically everything at this point. No path, no light, nothing but her simply trying to survive for another day, scrounging for food and shelter. Her future had been ripped away from her, replaced by the living hell that she now called her life. In the darkest recesses of her mind, she had contemplated about just ending it. Yet, there was something deep within her that seemed to prevent her from doing it. By no means was it a fear of death but almost like something was pulling her from the brink although she could not even begin to understand what it was.

"A gift? Is this another sermon or false truth?" she asked, no longer bothering to think or hold back with what she was saying. There was no need to dance around with her words any more and she was beyond the point of caring about whether she would offend or not. The girl was just shooting from the hip.

She took the last bite of her protein bar afterwards, devouring every crumb. Who knew when and where her next meal would come from?

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "Yes, a gift, Coral." Jacob said plainly and then shook his head when she asked if it was some sermon or false truth, "No, not a sermon or any false truth. I can be honest since we are in a safer place to talk about it."

The Archbishop looked around and then saw no one besides them. The words would at times echo through the main area of the church given it's open space and high ceilings. But, Jacob wouldn't lie to her and he would explain what it was now. He couldn't lie to her about what sort of gift she had because he had the same thing. It was the Force and she didn't understand it yet but she would in time. That was why he didn't say anything about it and he knew she'd used it without realizing it. Of course it was uncontrolled but she would learn to understand it's energy and find that she could use the abilities it would grant for something better. He could sense the darkness in her but she must learn to balance it and not let it consume her.

"The gift you have...is the Force." Jacob said letting that sentence sink in, "You may not realize it but you were using it since you walked in here."

The former Jedi then looked up at the window of the Great Creator once more and then turned his head to look at her. Again he was letting the words he'd just said sink in. Force users weren't something looked upon with friendly intent here on Ruusan. They were frowned at and most didn't know that Force users were already among them. Jacob, of course, being one of them. Being a former Jedi and a Sith then turned to the Dark Jedi what seemed like ages ago. He'd risen this far and he was wanting to aim higher but he would do so at his own pace.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "The Force......." Coral said simply, before sighing angrily, "So instead of catching one disease, I catch another. I have heard of what it does to a person and how it corrupts and twists them until they are nothing more than monsters. It is no gift but a curse."

It was just another kick at her while she was down. Her parents had spoken of it to her before and nothing they had said had ever been positive. It was used by thieves and murderers as a weapon, one that was supposed to be more powerful than any other. They called them Sith or something like that and the thought of her becoming like them made her want to be violently sick. Perhaps it would have been if Jacob had not told her of her sensitivity but it was too late now. It was something else that she would have to deal with, one way or the other. There were a few moments then where she just wanted to shout and scream again, to cry her eyes out and curse every man, woman and child in the galaxy. Sometimes life was just too much to bare, an opinion that was becoming harder to shake by the minute.

In frustration, she banged her fist against the hard floor, sending a jolt of pain through her hand and arm that did nothing to improve her mood. Had the only reason that she had survived the disease which had robbed her of her family was just so that she would suffer with another? Scowling, she then examined her hand and made a gripping gesture with it a few times to make sure it was not broken. It seemed to be fine although it throbbed like crazy. Oddly enough, the pain seemed to give her something to focus her anger on which was not what she had expected. It made her feel strange but not necessarily in a bad way as though the pain was feeding her emotions which somehow seemed to give her strength. Was that what the Force did to people? Or was it the hook that made people turn in to little more than beasts?

"How long before I turn in to a Sith?" she asked, as though it was a symptom to an illness.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Listening to her explain it with a cynical tone he shook his head, "No, it isn't all about that. Trust me. I am one and I've been on the Sith before. I was also a Jedi once and they're two separate ideals. One uses the Light side in peace and harmony towards living beings, well so they say. But yes, the Sith are about chaos and destruction, using the Dark Side for harmful things towards all beings. I have found balance in between both. Not Jedi, nor Sith."

He then let those words process as she punched the floor. Jacob could sense the frustration within her. She didn't know that the darkness could corrupt but it only did if one let it be. If one harnessed their emotions but not let them be in control and if one found a way to control themselves then they'd find power and a balance in it. To him that was the key to find balance. Though his own was wavering thanks to the corruption from the Force Nexus. Jacob felt sorry for her emotions as she couldn't control them but just had to experience them. The Knight had done the same thing when his parents died in front of him. Once more the former Sith felt bad for her and he felt like he'd failed her parents in that regard. All he could do was help her in any way possible.

"You won't be a Sith unless you voluntarily join them, Coral." Jacob said once more reiterating that it wasn't a disease, "The Force can be both a gift and a curse. Again, I would know. I've seen both sides of the coin. The Jedi and Sith I mean. Both have ideals that are similar yet far apart. I thought I'd belong among them. I didn't. So I followed a path between them both. To be better then both. Use my own inner demons for a good purpose."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "That....makes sense," the pinkette said, almost surprised by the words that were coming out of her mouth, "We are all born with good and evil inside of us and to try and focus on solely one or the other is just stupid. A person needs both in order to be whole, our light half is where our humanity lies and our dark half gives us the drive to do what we need to do to survive in this galaxy."

Yet despite her own opinion on the subject, Coral could not find her own light half, buried underneath the enormous weight of her darker emotions. If her psyche was put on a set of scales then it would completely fall in favour of her more unpleasant half. She needed to find that light at the end of the tunnel, something to rekindle her love for life and a purpose that she could work towards. As it was, she was just scrabbling in the dark, going around in circles and not getting anywhere at all. What was worse though was that she knew it too which made the situation even worse. Not only was she was angered by those who had turned on her as well as the church but there was a part of her that loathed herself. It was an endless cycle, one that she just could not break.

"How do we do it?" she asked, her voice containing a hint of desperation for the first time, "How do we manage to contain our darker halves when they have all but taken us over? All there is inside me is my darker half and nothing else. Rage, anger, frustration, they are running rampant in my body, even though my body does not have the strength to tolerate it any more. I am tired beyond belief, tired of these emotions and tired of life."
      Last edited by Coral; 07-12-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob nodded, "That is a way to look at it, Coral. There is darkness and light in all things. It's just what you do with it that counts."

The former Jedi Knight then looked up at the stained-glass window for a moment. True, he'd managed to find balance between them and knew that his own was wavering. If he could he'd teach her how to find that balance between light and darkness. Harness ones emotions without letting them consume you. That part wasn't easy and Jacob had found it hard to do so without giving into them. At times he did then when he'd let that out found his center of the eye of the storm. The chaos around him yet his calmness in his own self. That was how he'd done it. Took some time to do but he'd done it up to this point. Now, it seemed he was losing his grip on it.

To answer her next question he thought for a moment, "You see the Great Creator in this window? The one you were looking at...well...it actually doesn't stand for that. This place I had built was to give those something to strive for. Do the right thing and if it has to be the wrong thing, then do it for the right reasons. Your parents knew that they did bad at times, yet, they did so for the right reasons. For you, Coral. For the sake of themselves and for all. It's hard to not let your inner demons consume you, trust me. Finding a better path I was struggling at first, then I thought about it and found my balance. Sometimes it's like standing in the eye of a hurricane."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "I feel more like a volcano at the moment," Coral replied honestly, "Ready to erupt at any moment."

She could understand his point but it was a hell of a lot easier saying than doing. Her demons were completely in charge and the girl could have sworn that she had seen them once or twice when she had looked in a mirror. How could she possibly tame them without being consumed? Just dwelling on her emotions pushed her to the edge and in her state, it was all too easy for them to take control. Perhaps she simply needed to erupt against something, to let it all out in one moment and face her demons that way. Yet, she did feel a trace of fear at that thought. Would she become a monster as the Sith were and end up mindlessly slaughtering all in her path? That was not what she wanted deep down although the thought of punching those who had abandoned her did have some appeal to it.

Up until now, Coral had not actually thought about the possibility of her becoming a.....whatever the Archbishop called himself. It was obvious that he used the Force but he had not actually given a title to himself. Could he show her how to use this gift that he had only just explained to her? Was she even strong enough to be able to survive his teachings in the weak state that she was in?

"What do you stand for?" she asked, her gaze returning to the window briefly, trying to see it the way that he had described it, "Your group I mean. I assume that you are not the only one. What is its purpose? What do you do?" Are you conquerors, protectors, defenders?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast