• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 0
      Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
      He had held up in the kitchen as she moved to take her shower. He wouldn't put it past her to walk that short distance completely naked just to taunt him. Instead, he buried himself in the small food prep area. He made her caff and heated up some sweet pastries he found in the chiller. He heard her boots pass by fairly closely and smiled. Just like her to make for the bridge first and foremost. He made a cup for her and grabbed the plate with the sweets and moved down the ship's spine to join her.

He stood behind her a few feet as she moved into the cockpit like a silent shadow. The backdrop of space thru the front screen framed her perfectly. From her ivory tight fitting pants to her dark leather jacket. The boots dit like a glove and rounded out the outfit, at least from this view, perfectly.

He moved up a little closer before speaking. His boots were almost silent, but he didn't hide his footfalls. Spilling hot caff on her as she rounded, probably wasn't a good idea. "Jaz...." the single word was soft, inquisitive, as if asking if she was all right, getting her attention, and reminding her there was still things to be done.. all rolled into one.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 1

0 Not allowed!
      She heard the sound of cloth and boot just before his voice floated to her, the tone warm and layered. She felt her ears perk at the sound. The movement in the turn was unconscious, as was the small smile. "You're a godsend," she said, freeing him of the caff before giving the pastries a hungry glance. She didn't know if they were for her, but could assume. But she didn't want to. After a second she looked back up at him. "For me?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      He let the caff go soon as she had a secure hold of the cup. As her eyes lit up at the sight of the sweets, he grinned. He had chosen right, after all. But when she asked if they were for her, he couldn't resist. All her teasing was getting to him and it came out. "I don't know... do you deserve it? I mean, you yell at me... you question my doings..." he was grinning as he ticked off the little things. He bit his lip as if deep in thought. "I don't know... " the last word drawn out overly long.

He looked down then into her eyes and tried to hold them as he stood there waiting for her reaction, a lazy teasing grin on the edge of his lips.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She looked up at him for a moment. She said nothing, then reached out and slowly took one of the pastries off the plate with deliberate speed. Equally slow, she took a bite, trying as hard as she could to keep the crap-eating smile off her face. The amusement rolled off him, tinged with teasing. Finally she took a sip of the heated nectar of the gods, washing down the pilfered pastry prize.

"Gotta make sure I run a tight ship," she finally replied. The double entendre may or may not have been intentional. It was difficult to tell... save for the briefest twitch of a smirk. "Sometimes I ride my crew a little hard I guess. But ah... I'm sure it's worth it."

With that she turned to set down the tribute she'd accepted, deigning to keep her face an unreadable mask, save for the grin. It left her bent over the console for a moment as she fit the cup in a holder, and found a clear spot for the pastry... making a mental note to clean up any sugary stickiness left behind later.
      Last edited by Jahzra Rocvard; 11-08-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      He licked his lips unconsciously as she took a bite of the pastry. Her words weren't lost on the man. "Then I guess I'm in for one helluva ride. Eh.... Ma'am?" The final word was punctuated by a respectful nod of his head. As she turned to set down the dainty bite and drink, he moved up behind her and reached over to set the plate down a heartbeat before she set the sweet down. His body was close enough that if she inhaled deep enough, she would feel him behind her. His voice whispered softly as he released the plate. "Lots of other places to make messes are easier to clean.... don't you agree, Jahzra?"

It was the first time he had used her whole first name. And the way he said it sent an unexpected thrill thru him he hadn't planned on. She wouldn't see his grin as he stood up and turned his back to stride out of the room. The now familiar whistle following in his wake. If she started to put two and two together, the whistling happened when he was particularly pleased with himself.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She straightened up, bumping against him lightly causing her to half turn, with him so close. She nodded at his question. A small smirk flickered across his face. "And usually more fun," she added. How long could they play the game of cat and mouse? She didn't know, but for now it was a fun game. There was going to be a reckoning. That much she knew. But when, and how, it would play out remained a mystery. Watching him go, she swiveled her chair around and sank into it. She studied the control boards overhead, and then in front of her. The blanket of stars waited just ahead of them.

A moment later the ship exploded forward, disappearing as it went beyond visual range. The jump was short-lived as they reverted to realspace a planetary diameter from Klatooine.

It would take a little time to get down to the surface, so she had time to eat. She called back to her companion, "Dar, this is your show," she said, letting her voice ring through the interior of the ship.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "As you wish, M'Lady…." was the reply from down the hall.

Dar arrived a moment later. "There is lunch in the kitchenette. Just sandwiches, but hopefully filling enough, for now..." He slid into his seat and smiled. "I'll get us settled in the station then you go ahead and do whatever you desire. I can see to the refill, repairs and supply pick up." He watched her a moment before adding. "Will you join me for dinner, tonight? My credits... There is a nice restaurant here called the Trigon. Excellent local cuisine and off world tidbits. A little dressier than casual, though." He added, then shrugged. "Though if you prefer, we can just meet at the cantina. I don't know what you prefer." While he wanted to show her the 'non grease monkey' side of him, he also didn't want her feeling uncomfortable because of his choice of trying to impress her. He kept his face neutral wanting to let her make the decision on her terms, not because he was puppy begging for her time.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She punched up the traffic control systems, and sent an automated docking request at the local spaceport, and filed herself into the queue. After that, she let autopilot take over until they had clearance. With him bringing up the subject of dinner, she watched him for a few moments, then smiled. "No, it's been a while since I've had a nice dinner and maybe evening out," she replied. It was an opening, and she knew it. But at the same time, the idea was pleasant. She really hadn't done that in years, and she missed it. Her expression faded for a moment, her eyes drifting far away.

Jahzra swallowed the lump in her throat, then reached for her caff, taking a sip. Anything she could use to hide behind, just for a moment. "You spent a lot of time here, I take it," she asked, trying and failing to sound nonchalant.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      He caught the look and looked out the viewscreen. With the planet so close, there honestly wasn't anything else to see, but it was the only way to give her a moment of privacy in the intimately close cockpit. Her desire to join him made his heart race. He had expected her to choose the cantina, or decline all together. The acceptance made him want to hug her. "Good... I figure maybe 7 local time?"

When she asked about his time here, it was his turn to get the lump in his throat. The port they were going to had been his home for a while. But it had been a long time ago. "When I was a kid. I learned the mechanic trade here." It was all he said for several minutes then looked at her. "Lemme know if there is anything in particular you want while here. I am sure I can suss out a couple old connections." He smiled at her. His mind started racing. When he had been here last, well he wasn't expecting the 'prodigal son' return. If he was lucky, a punch wouldn't greet him the moment his feet hit plascrete. But it had been decades... at least two... surely it was done and Brags wasn't here anymore.

He mentally shook himself and smiled brightly at her. "Go eat, I've got this."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She could feel, almost smell, the anxiety roll off of him. It cut off his elation like a door. After a moment she looked over at him. "Are you sure you're up for this," she asked. When he told her to go eat, she sighed. "I've still got my pastries and I still want to take us down."

A moment later a comm signal bounced off their system. She reached forward and opened the channel.
      "Swift Horizon you are cleared to proceed for landing on pad one one three eight. Please match your approach vector and velocities as appropriate. You are being beamed the data now. Have a pleasant day," a feminine droid chimed in.

"Acknowledged," she replied and cut the channel. There was a carrier wave coming in, which she fed the info to the computer. The main screen altered, layering a wireframe overlay which showed their projected course. It would take them toward the planet and into a nice descent, followed by a short trip overland to set down at the far side of the city below.

"At least it will be a nice view," she said to Dar. Jazhra frowned then. "I suppose you could do the honors if you wish," she murmured, offering him control for the descent.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      He had smiled and planned to get her the sandwiches when she said she wanted to go down. But as the reply was given and the coordinates retrieved, her decision to let him take them in took him by surprise. "Go eat, Jahz… I'll take us in." He smiled and touched her arm as she frowned. "Not a scratch... I promise."

He wasn't sure why she had seemed to change her mind. But right now, hovering to approach the landing site, wasn't the time to take her aside and ask. He would tonight. Tonight, he would find a way to breech her walls, if only a little, and help her smile. He had the feeling she needed that. Perhaps more so than he.

Jahz's sigh as she rose and departed the deck made him want to hold her and make her smile once more, but instead, he slipped his headset on and began their run for the surface.

About an hour later, the engines were silent and the door was opening. The strange silence in the ship was invaded slowly by the chaos that surrounded and permeated the hanger bay. Dar finished turning everything off and setting the security measures to keep someone from hacking the ship and taking off with it. They could do maintenance, but nothing more. "Jahz," he called as he stepped into the hall, "we are here, boss." His tone was back to that of when she had first met him. All business and deferring to her as Captain of the ship. It was an almost cold change now that she knew how he truly was.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She'd inhaled the pastries and was finishing up her third cup of coffee. She checked herself over to make sure she had everything she needed for the day, including some cred sticks. When he called out she nodded once to herself, and quickly made her way to him. "This is a line of credit," she said, pressing a stick into his palm. "Should be good for up to three grand." She looked up at him. "It's not a paycheck. Discretionary fund for what we need. If you need more, you have my comlink code."

Did she think he'd steal from her? No. But she put it out there, reinforcing that particular role while they were in port. And it meant that he didn't have to negotiate on promises of payment. He had quite a bit of money in his paws to work with. Enough to buy a brand new speeder at least. How he treated that power, that resource, would have bearing.

"Get the replacement parts we need, and any labor you can trust. Also make sure we're good on supplies. And double check our tibanna gas stocks. I wanna make sure we don't run out of drive coolant again," the Captain ordered mildly.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Dar smiled as the stick was plied to his hand. "Yes, Ma'am," he answered as they talked heading out of the ship. Her final orders, given on the ground were as commanding and cold as the day they had met. He knew the warmth in her, and was satisfied with that knowledge. "I'll get it taken care of Captain." As she moved off, a hanger chief made his way to Dar.

The next hour was filled with him checking in, listing what was needed and getting one or two guys to help him with repairs. Unlike most Captain's and crew, he wasn't going to let them crawl around in her baby unsupervised. If it caused angst in the hanger, so be it.

He chatted up the guys and found a couple old friends were still around. He sent a couple messages from the comm terminal in the hanger. One was for a special delivery, the other was to say hi to old friends.

If Jahz was tracking the credstick, she would find he got a good deal on parts and only spent half what she expected on maintenance crewmen. He barely made a dent in the funds at all. The fuel and simple cargo was also charged, but again, at a good price just below what she would have expected. He had bargained, as he was expected to, and had done a good job of it.

Several hours later, cargo stowed, repairs done, and a quick lunch with old friends before they departed for Coruscant, Dar found himself on the ship changing into his finer clothing. He exited the ship with his dreads pulled back with a leather cord. The clothes he had on were a far cry from his 'space' or 'work' clothes. The pants were dress slacks in a deep black. He wore a button up shirt of the deepest blue, the top few buttons undone showing a peek at a perfectly toned and hairless chest. He had the cuffs rolled up and a silver torc on his wrist. He certainly didn't look like someone who had been covered in ship dust and debris and knee deep in tools and conduits a half hour before. Several women in the hanger glanced his way and in the streets he was propositioned enough times to actually make him blush.

He headed for the restaurant and was waiting outside looking at vendor wares about fifteen minutes before Jahz was due.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jazz left the ship in Dar's capable hands, heading out into the glaring light of day. The heat of the mostly desert planet burned away the cold that had sank deep into Jahzra's flesh. It felt like burning, but at the same time her cells rejoiced at the heat, the warmth. She pounded the duracrete into the spaceport proper where the air coolers were working overtime. The heat cut back a couple notches. Inside the port she picked up a set of lenses meant to cut the glare and protect her vision. They were stylish enough as well, and light-adjusting.

From there, she jacked into an information kiosk and went to looking up some information. Places to eat, sleep, drink, generally have a good time. After maybe half an hour, and with some new points of interest added to her list, she moved along. A short while later she had made her way to one of the local cantinas. A hole in the wall earth-sheltered dive that seemed abandoned on the outside.

Once inside, there were quite a few customers, most of which had the look of spacers. Pilots, explorers, fringers, and scoundrels. Her kind of people. She commandeered a table off in one corner and pulled up the inset communication terminal. It didn't take her long to hook into the local data net, and after that she started making some idle inquiries.
      Within minutes she'd turned up search data on Dar. A simple background check at first. And she'd manage to avoid the electronic tripwire attached to his name. Or rather, she'd tripped it, but managed to make sure that it didn't sound an alarm.

She discovered ... history. It wasn't fresh, but it was enough. Right up until he'd vanished from any sort of public record. More than that, she found some of the recordings of past fights. He still had a reputation, though it was a long time ago. Feeling a little sick, she closed down the connection and slammed back a shot on her way out, paying with some loose credits.

The young woman ambled in the sun for a time, trying to process what she'd read and seen. Trying to process at least a fraction of his experience. She wished she hadn't looked. She was grateful she had.

Eventually she glanced at her chrono. It was midafternon. Part of her wanted to hunt down Dar's old master and carve his eyeballs out with a spoon. But those days were long gone for him. The best she could do for now, would be to provide a buffer, a distraction, and to get him the hell off this rock as fast as she could.

Pulling out her hand terminal, she plugged into the data net and quickly found herself a tailor and clothier with the right capabilities.

Jahzra sat in the back of the speeder, finding her heartbeat had picked up. She didn't quite know why, other than hoping the package she presented for Dar would be well-received. She wondered why, as she checked over her cosmetics, she was going to such an effort. Partially because she wanted to, that much she knew. Her hair had been pulled up and back, twisted and left spilling in dark loose curls down between her shoulder blades. A pair of loose, and loosely curled locks fell framing her face. Those dark strands seemed to catch glimmers of light like dark glitter. She had gone for a smokey eye makeup with a green sheen that accented her skin and hair tones. Her lips had been darkened, standing out against her skin, with a tone somewhere between a deep plum and a deep red. Her cheeks were shaded just a hair darker, giving her an exotic look.

At her throat an amethyst gem rested set on a black ribbon choker. She wore a deep purple off the shoulder dress that was slitted almost to her hip on the right side, flashing long shapely leg every time she walked, but without giving anyone an eyefull. Silver bracelets at her wrists caught sparkles of light. Last was a pair of strappy shoes with moderate wedge heels. Something she could move in, if she had to, but still did interesting things to her legs and posterior.

The black speeder pulled up in front of Trigon's with a low whine, before the driver disembarked and made his way around. He opened the side door and helped the lady out with one hand, a steadying force. She gave him a smile and a light kiss on the cheek in thanks, and sent him on his way. With that, she threw a hunter green wrap shawl around herself, though it dangled from the crooks of her elbows behind her back, the ends trailing down her sides.

Immediately she spotted Dar and began making her way toward him, breaking out into a smile. Drawing close she held her arms out to the side in a 'what do you think' fashion.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The sound of the speeder was marked, then ignored. Some woman of elegance had stepped out. Turning back to the man he had been dealing with, he took the small pouch and put it in his pocket. The look the man threw over Dar's shoulder made the man frown slightly. Someone was behind him. He stiffened a moment then turned. With his history, his dark past, his shadows... he braced himself for a fight and chided himself for his pistol that was left behind locked in the ship. Trigon's would have confiscated it so he merely hadn't brought it.

But as he turned, prepared to fight, his breath was stolen. The woman that had stepped from the speeder stood before him. The first things he saw were her legs. The shapely long limbs made him think of dancers and entertainers. His eyes rose up as his mouth gaped. Stunned into silence he worked his way up to the pair of eyes that bore into his soul and lost him in a way nothing else ever had. "Jahz…" he managed a raspy half breathed whisper of recognition.

Stepping towards her, his plascrete feet suddenly able to move, he smiled with a brightness he had only showed her in the ship. His hand rose out in offer to take hers. "You look..." he shook his head slowly as he searched for an appropriate word, "amazing!" Suddenly he didn't care she was his Captain or he was her mechanic. He took her hand and tugged her close. Not into his embrace fully, but close enough to make her aware of his desire. "You do know you make it hard to keep it at Captain... don't you?" His voice was deep with the growl of a man who was claiming what was his. He would not force her into anything, but he was making it clear that, for at least this date, she was his only focus. "Shall we go eat?" He released her hand and crooked his arm in offering.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast