• Worried
  • YeeHaw
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 0
      Given: 1

NJO From the Outside, looking in (Cina)

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor stood underneath the shade of one of the many copse of trees within the open field not far from the temple proper. It was well maintained, and though it was not hot out, there was something pleasing about being in the shade in the middle of the day. The sun was shinning, the temperature was moderate, there were scant clouds upon the sky, it truly was..serene. A bit unexpected, and while it was not the same as his homeworld, which he missed in some ways, it was close. Temperate, but teeming with life from the very small to the very large. He surmised there were large creatures anyway, he had not seen any, but it stood to reason, somewhere there must be.

He was sweating, he had been for an hour now as he moved through the basic forms of movement he had learned previously. It was not an extensive knowledge, by any measure, but it was enough. Enough for the days that had passed, perhaps enough for the days to come. He had been stuck by the idea that with no real course at the moment, practicing something he did know, was a good way to keep himself active and moving. Hopefully it would help for whatever was ahead. Bringing the familiar with him was comforting, even if what he did caused some measure of discomfort.

"I should look for books upon the art of Teräs Käsi while I am here," He thought aloud, placing his hands upon his hips. Though he knew little of the art itself, he did expect that the vast collection of knowledge he had seen, would make it likely he would come across something, and it was the art which was the more complete form of the basic defense training he had been a part of.

He set his feet again in a stance, not too wide, not too shallow, hands before him ready to block. Jab, Cross, Hook. He repeated the combination to the air before him a dozen times and stopped, breathing a bit heavily.

I'm out of shape. That won't do.

A group of students, dressed in their traditional garb passed by, and he waved, smiling broadly, as they marched past and away. He was making a serious attempt at making friends, being social and trying to be accepted, though he still admitted to himself he was a bit more shy than most. He had seen a set of clothing put out for him when he had awoken, but wasn't clear if he was a student yet. He did need a Master first right? He had received a communication that his request has been received and was being reviewed. If everything he had been told was true, it wouldn't be very long before he had one. He looked forward to that. Beginning his journey proper, astrogating his course through whatever his future crystallized into.

A small part of him wondered, looking at the students now farther still, making their way back to the temple, if younger students and older students were common here. He would ask someone when the time seemed right. Somehow, this seemed like something best suited to learning young, but maybe the complexities of morality and disciple were truly for those of an older sort.

I suppose either is as likely, he thought, has he put his hands back on his hips and stood looking upon the temple spiraling towards the sky, surrounded by the beautiful blue hues.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 1
      Given: 0

0 Not allowed!
      She had been out doing her chores when one of the Keep servants came and told her she was free to go for the day. Still in her regular clothes, a pair of deep black leggings tucked into matching green calf high boots, and a tunic top of deepest sapphire blue. Her hair was pulled back in a french braid, though stray hairs had tugged themselves free and were wisped around her face.

She came around the corner in time to see Bezor finish the last set of kata for whatever he was practicing. As the students walked by, she watched him watch them. Cina smiled as he put his hands back on his hips and prepared to go another round. She stepped from the shadows and called softly to not startle him. "Put your body at an angle. Otherwise you'll get pushed over." She smiled and moved up closer. "Hi, Bezor. I hope you slept well last night. Everything all right?" She couldn't help with many things. But if he was cold at night, or didn't get breakfast, or even wanted something more to read now before getting a Master... those things she was able to help with.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor turned, slowly, smiling to face Cina. "Yes, I suppose my stance will need much work if it is to be serviceable." He laughed, nodding. "I did sleep well, in fact. Better than I have in awhile." He paused, looking around. "This place, it's just.." He shook his head, as his smile faded. "Peaceful. Serene. Beautiful." His eyes shot at Cina then to the tree he stood under, coughing a moment before he continued. "Of course, you know this already. You're a Jedi." He finished, a half smile on his face.

A hand moved to scratch the back of his head, the other down by his side, smoothing a pair of basic earthen toned trousers and the maroon sleeveless tunic.

"What brings you to this part of the temple, anyway?" He asked, attempting to pivot the conversation. "I don't suppose you've come to tell me word of my Master?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      She sighed, "I'm sorry. I don't know anything about your new Master. And I'm usually out here after my chores. It's a nice walk. You'll find lots of folks out here sometimes."

She shook her head at his comment about the fighting not being useful yet.

Cina smiled. "I'm sure the technique is viable and useable already, Bezor." She came up in front of him. "This is how you were a moment ago." She squared her shoulders and took the first position she had seen him in. She was facing him, feet even with her shoulders, knees slightly bent and hands in a ready stance.

Smiling, she nodded at him. "Now push me. Don't worry, you won't hurt me. But push like you are shoving me back." She watched his reaction at her words, the smile remaining in place so he knew she wasn't antagonizing him.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor hesitated a moment, "I understand. It's probably not something they publicly advertise," He said, his shoulders slumping a bit, in retrospect, he hoped it was imperceptible. He was pretty sure the way his mouth turned sour, even just a moment, would be noticeable, and that made him feel worse.

He watched her as she moved past him, and took up her stance. His eyes traveling from her boots up, feeling a bit flush after having done so. He looked at the temple, before back at her. "Right. Of course. I expect I will be assigned chores before long. Have to do my part right? Galaxy won't clean its own floors." He said with a bit of a nervous laugh, before coughing.

"Yes, I was standing that way," He said, moving forward, trying to be focused and serious. He pushes on her shoulder, not hard, but not a tap either. He did mean to make it a meaningful test of her balance. It felt good to be doing something, even if it was just discussing a stance.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Cina smiled as Bezor came up to her. She imaged, like most men, he'd been taught not to do harm to women. Since he want actually protecting himself, this was probably uncomfortable.

When he finally pushed, she smiled as she staggered back two steps before catching herself. "See... You have nothing bracing yourself." This time she stepped up and took her stance. Her right leg was behind her a not, putting her body at an angle to him. Her hands went up in the same position as as before, but this time to protect her exposed left side.

"Now, again. Try and shove me now," she smiled, bent her knees to drop her center of gravity a bit and winked teasing. "Come at me, Bezor."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor watched as she stagger slightly, then righted herself. "You're talking about balance, right?" He echoed her movements for a moment, tilting his head to get a better angle on her heel positions. He tried to keep his eyes focused, be professional since she was being courteous with his time, but found his eyes wandering, before he brought them back inline. He returned the wink as his eyes met hers.

"Alright." He said with a grin, stepping in quickly and lowering his base as well, hips lower than hers and striking out with his left palm towards her hip, before righting himself to step in closer for a follow up. He was rising up, ready to bring his hands before him, feet spread as she had done hers. His pants were ruffling slightly, and he thought he had picked up a grass stain, but he hadn't the time to truly look just now. He expected the woman before him was a competent fighter, and one that would shame him badly as it was.

This was familiar to him, sparring, but it wasn't for his life, something different. He wasn't under constant threat here. Maybe he should have been concerned by that, but he wasn't. He was relaxed. He was..enjoying himself. He smiled, as much to the woman before him as himself.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      This time, Bezor couldn't make her back up. Her body was able to move and bend and block his every strike. After a couple attempts at her, she smiled. "Good. Another thing to learn, is to watch an opponent's shoulders. Whether it's a blade a the hip, a fist to be thrown, or even just a step, the shoulders lead first." She backed up and stood up at her regular stance once more. "Your Master can help with Force augmenting such things. But I can't teach you that. I can only help with what I know." She smiled and nodded to one of the trees. "Come join me. I'm guessing you've been at this a while."

She moved over and sat at the base of the tree, leaving him space beside her if he wanted to lean on the large trunk as well. "So how did you find out you have Force abilities?" She was always curious how each Jedi came to the Temple and found their 'callings'.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor moved forward, taking in a deep breath, looking down a moment and slowly releasing it. "In truth, I don't actually know that I do. I'm just..following what feels right." He says, reaching up to rub the back of his head a moment. He turned to face the temple, leaning back against the tree, and putting his hands in his pockets.

Though he stood a few feet away, he felt like he was nearly standing on top of her. Why did he feel so different around her? He shook his head.

"As I mentioned to Jedi Jay Shaun, I don't really know what sort of abilities I have. Some of the Jedi here had mentioned that we would have strengths or weaknesses, but I have not observed The Force, as I believe others have, so I simply don't know." He said with a shrug, offering a pregnant pause while his mouth worked wordlessly.

"I had relayed a story from my youth that I believed related to the Force, but I don't have anything to prove it." He says, looking off at the temple, as he trails off.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Cina watched him as he moved and spoke. Some folks came to the Temple with powers they knew they had, like her. And other came with no knowledge of any powers they had, or even knew existed. So it wasn't uncommon to hear his tail. "Not everyone has moments when they realize 'hey, I'm a Force user'," she smiled up at him.

When he mentioned the story he told, she looked out towards the Temple as he was. After a moment of silence, she asked, "Would you be willing to tell me what the story was?" She looked up at him and smiled. "You don't have to if you don't want to." She brushed a strand of hair from her face and smiled once more before looking back at the Temple and the grounds. Sometimes it was easier to talk when you weren't in a spotlight. If he wanted to talk, she'd listen.

Something told her she would always listen to him... and for him...

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor looked at Cina moment, and then at the ground. "It's...there's not much to tell. It was so long ago." He starts, with a shrug, hands still in his pockets, eyes studying something under his shoe. He looked at Cina again, then towards the temple.

"I don't know.." He hesitated, "I was pretty young, maybe 8 years old. I had started to get a bit bigger than the other kids my age, but not much. Made me feel a little important," He gave a small shrug, "...anyway, I..came across this kid this one time. He was being picked on by 3 older boys, older than the two of us combined I think. Real..tough guys." He said, eyes moving back and forth as if he was reading something off a flimisplast before his eyes.

"Well..I..didn't really think it was right that they were doing that, so I stuck up for the kid. I told them to leave him alone. I knew it meant i would probably take some of that anger, directly." He looked at Cina, noting if she was still looking, and then back at he temple. His hands moved to fold themselves in, and tuck under his arms pits. "I wasn't disappointed. They rounded on me, seeing a bigger prize I guess..I don't know.." He said, his tone was quiet now. Audible, but not loud enough to be heard more than a dozen paces. "I just..put my hands up when the first blow came, I had been to a few classes, so I knew a little bit about a little bit..and I just put them up there." His hands left their berths and rose before him, like he was covering his head, but allowing himself to see out between them slightly. "I felt the fist of the oldest one hit my forearm. It hurt, not a lot, but it hurt. Not something I wanted to feel anyway.." He said slowly shaking his head and lowering his hands, "I just...never felt anything after." He said, there was a hint of regret in his tone now. "When I lowered my hands.." HIs mouth worked wordlessly a moment, his eyes searching. He took a deep breath and released it slowly. "The big kid's hand was shattered. Not like a little, like he had been struck by something. Like...something large had crushed his hand. Broken every bone." He paused again, looking at Cina, then the ground and refolding his arms. "The kid I was trying to protect ran away, screaming, as did the other boys." He said, shaking his head. "I don't know what it was, but that is the only time I felt..centered. I felt like I was in the moment, aware, present. It..wasn't good. I have tried to avoid it since." He said, looking at a few distant students walking past, talking amongst themselves. It made him feel better seeing it. As if, maybe he too, was on his way towards that. He looked at Cina, trying to give her a half smile. "That's..it though. That's the only time I felt anything."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Cina remained silent as Bezor told his story. It wasn't far from many stories she'd heard. Panic, fear, rage, even self preservation, those things sometimes brought latent Force tendencies to bare. It was what that person did afterwards that mattered. It sounded, to her, that Bezor had unconsciously thrown up a Force Barrier and the bully had struck it instead of his target.

"It sounds like the Force did come to your aid." She nodded without looking up at him. It was the only privacy she could offer him, with their proximity. "Whether you are right or wrong in not wanting to do it again, I can't say. What I can say is that there are other emotions you can draw on to get the same results." She did look up at him now. "That's what separates us from the Sith. Well, one of the things." She smiled up and him in reassurance.

"Believe it or not, there are a lot of things that any Force user can do. It's a matter of how and why."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor frowned a moment, looking at Cina. "I certainly do not wish to travel a path of darkness," he said, somewhat quietly. "I do not know much of them, but I know enough I think." He says, shaking his head. "I do not really understand what you mean though, how and why? You can achieve the same thing, different ways?" He asked, his tone lifting slightly at the end. His hands moved to his pockets again. His shoulders were still slightly slumped, but he felt as though he were not projecting a feeling of morose indecision, but perhaps he was. He felt better though, having shared his story, and not being rebuked for it. He remembered his parents reaction to it, and it wasn't pleasant. He understood them though, int time he had understood.

He shifted on his feet slightly, aware of the soreness that was slowly creeping in. He had been out here for a few hours. His mind wandered momentarily, towards his terminal, and if he would have received word. He was anxious, nervous, and determined, and he was sure it was rolling off him like a tidal wave.

0 Not allowed!
      Malissa had been out walking when the feeling of frustration, and confusion, ebbed along the edge of her senses as she reached out to see who was around.

The young, blonde Knight was often felt wandering the edges of the Temple grounds, her Force Aura pushed out around her. She was certain that with enough concentration, she would be able to not just sense Force beings, but also distinguish flora and fauna as well.

She came up behind the two speaking and listened. Cina was burning to teach what she knew. Malissa knew that feeling all too well. Jr said she would eventually be a natural at training. He was always supporting her like that. Deciding that she'd better step in before Cina said something she shouldn't, Malissa made herself known. She didn't want the poor girl's training set back because she spoke out of turn with a good intentions.

"Yes, Bezor. There are many things we have in common with the Sith. But it's our differences that define us as Jedi."

The woman stepped out from behind the couple on the left of Cina. Something told her that keeping the woman between her and the new young Padawan would help ease him. "We draw on the Force to protect. The Sith do it to harm."

She smiled and nodded to Cina, then smiled broader at Bezor. "It's good to see you again. Would you like to know more about the differences and perhaps see where you fit in those goals?"

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Bezor started as the woman appeared, his eyes darting to Cina for a sense of this woman. It took him a moment, but he remembered where he was, and he could feel his guard lowering again as his sense of peace returned. His shoulders lowered again as well.

"Yes, actually. There is so much about this I do not know, I would welcome anything. There is only so much a book can tell me." He said, letting both hands go out wide as he shrugged. He studied the woman a moment, shaking his head as if shaking off some sort of fog. "I am sorry, I am being rude. Bezor Rou, new...trainee?" he said, looking at Cina and back to Malissa. "It is nice to meet you."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast