Mood:
      Cheeky

Trophies
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 65
      Given: 391

PM-Invite Heir of Cron: The Dragon Returns

1 Not allowed!
      Violet eyes gazed out the viewport at the bleak industrial world of Chandaar.

Zarah had vanished, and the aunt who had terrorized the both of them, murdered. Rumors suggested that her cousin was responsible for the Queens death, a guilty conscious driving her to self-exile.

Her and Dahlia’s imprisonment swam before her eyes, Dahlia’s writhing and suffering, and Zarah’s euphoric expression through it. Merciless in the face of weakness, but she would not have acted without the power to secure her own position. The same crave that Airael had for her Father’s throne, was shared in the eyes of her daughter. No...Zarah was not responsible for this, of that she was certain.

Though she could see why others might believe it. Looking over all that had happened before now, her aunt and Zarah had truly been Dragons, hoarding what they believed belonged to them. Coveting their stolen crowns and cutting away anything that made them appear weak.

Chiara often wondered; would she be the same if she’d grown up on Chandaar? It was difficult to say. She did not truly remember the world where she was born, it was a foreign land to her. Words and pictures in a book that influenced her little. Sometimes she would imagine the way things might have been, tried to remember the faces of her mother and father before she’d been ripped from the parapet when Airael’s army reached the city gates. Xander remarked once that she looked like her mother, and others who knew her parents had said she was the kindred spirit of her father. Chiara had no way of knowing if this was true or not. They were dead, and Airael had tried to have all memory of them scrubbed clean from history - even going as far as attempting to have her niece murdered, on more than one occasion.

She had failed, and the daughter of Tarion and Aurelia was returning at long last. The last Viren, the last of the Dragon’s blood.

Still, Chiara was not naive enough to expect a welcome reception. Someone was responsible for the murder of her aunt and the disappearance of her cousin. Perhaps for the motive of gaining a higher position themselves. Perhaps to make way for another. Either way, she knew she could not walk in and lay claims without expecting any sort of resistance.

But… she was not entirely alone, either.

On the soil of her birthplace, he waited for her.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 18
      Given: 1

1 Not allowed!
      The sun had set on a usurpation that had long needed to come. It was a thing Xander had been posturing for, pleading for, begging for, and it had finally come. How he wished he could claim the act had been his own doing, but he could not. Had he thought of murdering both the Queen and her daughter as they slept comfortably in the palace? Xander had thought this many times. Always planning and always looking for a way to bring Chiara back to the throne had always been taxing, and murder would have been the best way to force the issue. It was not what Chiara had wanted, however, and Xander had only ever been known to behave at her word. Where he refused to concede it, Xander Blackmoore was incapable too much evil around her.

Blue eyes watched the ship as it neared the landing platform. No one was there to greet the rightful heir save for Xander himself. While he had not caused this, Xander would not see this opportunity wasted. He had to convince Chiara the time to act was now, even if she did not want to. Chiara never had trusted him, and that still had never moved Xander toward any other position or loyalty. He knew what he had seen in that painting, and he knew that Chandaar would be at its best when the crow rest on Chiara's head. This was not about Sith or Jedi, and it was certainly not about the promise of Viren to Blackmoore. There was a power vacuum, one that Chiara was uniquely suited to fill with minimal protest. She would certainly have the people on her side, and her absence during the murders would buy her credibility when she told the truth. Chiara was not behind this.

Whatever resistance there was to the idea would be dealt with quickly. All Chiara had to do was listen to him. It was not Xander's best vision for himself, but Chiara needed a trusted advisor and a General. Xander could be both if she would allow it.

He bowed as the ramp lowered and the quiet meeting between two unlikely allies began.

"I trust your journey was a pleasant one," his honied words dripped as he stood to look the fire haired queen in the eyes. "So are you going to let me help you this time, or am I still too Sith for you liking?"

Xander was not going to beat around the bush. He wanted to know where things stood, where he stood. They were not the teenagers they had once been when they first met. Xander was no longer the power hungry eighteen year old that had tried to woo Chiara into a position that she had not wanted to claim. If she told him to back down he would, despite his opinions on the matter. Whether this led to alliance that furthered his interests or not, he wanted her to want this, and if she did not, then he would not fight for a wasted cause.

"Are you taking back Chandaar?"

Heir of Cron
      Healer, Remedier, Ball of Fluff
      Mood:
      Cheeky

Trophies
      Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      As she descended the ramp, she was quick to note Xander waiting at the bottom for her. His dark eyes stared at her, waiting with a hand out to help her down.

Chiara’s pale hand nervously slipped into his open palm in acceptance, keenly feeling the tension of the moment between them.

He was quick to the point. In Chiara’s mind, she thought that Xander would have known by the nature and place of this meeting, of what exactly her intentions were. Perhaps he needed the reassurance of her word.

She might have been the blood of the Dragon, but she knew that she was not yet a true Dragon. She’d spent far more time studying the religious natures of the Force, than practicing diplomacy and sharpening her cunning. In all honesty, Chiara was not ready for what her life was about to become, and her most loved and trusted allys to help aide her in this next transition of her life, were either dead or vanished. Xander was all that she had left, the darkness that chased her.

“I am weak and without friends in the eyes of the Chandaari nobles, nothing more than a child. I do intend to take back my home. And like it or not...Sith, or Jedi. I need you.”

Her lower lip trembled, terrified of what those words meant.

“The trade between Indupaar and Chandaar is well known and relied on. The people trust and know you. The Nobles know you. Together, I believe we can bring prosperity back to the Mandate. Help me…” her voice trailed off, cracking softly at the beginning of the next sentence. “...and I will honor the pledge my Father made to yours when we were children.”
      Last edited by Chiara Viren; 02-04-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      “I am weak and without friends in the eyes of the Chandaari nobles, nothing more than a child. I do intend to take back my home. And like it or not...Sith, or Jedi. I need you.”

That was the admission Xander had been waiting to hear for some time. There was plenty to say on the subject too had it not been for her next words.

"Help me and I will honor the pledge my Father made to yours when we were children.”

Her reasons for why she needed him were sound, accurate, and every part what he had tried to help Zarah understand. She had been a fool, however, and thought she had more power than what was truly hers. In the end, she needed her mother out of the way to be on par with the King of the Crown Worlds, a much larger kingdom than the one she pretended to hold. Chiara was not a fool, and never had been. Whether she wanted to admit it, or if she even knew it, politics came easier for her, and it was demonstrated by the offer she made Xander right off the gate.

Had he heard her correctly?

"You would satisfy the demand I made to Zarah, just like that, for my aid in taking the throne?"

He did not mean to scoff, but after years of the games the two had played with each other, Xander could not help it. The scoff was not directed at her, but at the thing it took for them to stop playing the games that had been ongoing since the day they met as teenagers. Of course Zarah had been right about one thing. There was no one left alive to demand the betrothal be honored. It was more than that though, the agreement was more than a simple marriage. What their father's had wanted was an alliance which would tie the Crown Worlds to Indupaar, and would elevate the importance of House Blackmoore. With Xander as King the importance of the agreement shifted. The benefit was more to Chiara than it was to Xander.

"Let's not pretend that any of this is easy for you to admit, and let's not pretend I know what to say. Part of me has demanded this from day one, and there is part of me which you have certainly cultivated that wants to free you from any obligation to what our father's agreed upon."

Xander took in a deep breath and nodded in silence. The offer was genuine. There was no malice, but Xander knew it was not an easy concession. To a degree he was proud of her. Chiara was certainly dangling something in front of him that he wanted, but it still felt a bit coerced. Chiara was only offering because she knew that she needed to secure his help. The political move was sound, it was the best move to make in her case, but was that all it was? Why did Xander even care if that was all it was. This alliance would strengthen his hold in the galaxy, and it would make the Crown Worlds stronger than they ever had been. He would be a fool to not accept those terms.

"Everything you say is true. You may have to honor our father's agreement whether I insist or not. The nobles may insist upon it. Answer me this though, you know I have pledged to help you from the day we met. Why sweeten the offer with something you don't have to?"

Motivation. Xander wanted to know what her motivation truly was. Did she even know it?

Heir of Cron
      Healer, Remedier, Ball of Fluff
      Mood:
      Cheeky

Trophies
      Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Chiara didn’t reply right away. Xander was a King in his own right, however unsavory his actions. He had friends in the courts of Chandaar, he knew this land and realm better than she did. Chiara had no agents, no way of knowing what anyone was doing or thinking in the palace. Who was for her. Who was against her. As much as she mistrusted Xander, she knew his greatest desire. She couldn’t say the same for the others. With a soft sigh she turned away from Xander, urging him to follow. “Let’s go inside, and we’ll discuss this in detail.”

The derelict castle that Chiara lead him into, clung to the hillside scree, stubbornly refusing to die. A shell of what it once was. The windows were mostly broken, and where there was still glass it was mostly grey with grime. Ivy grew unchecked and the roof had been neglected passed its intended lifespan. Storm after storm had failed to return this building to the earth. Derelict or not, this would be her abode until a suitable plan was devised.

Some of her own attendants had gone ahead to set up a place for Xander and herself to conduct business, preparing a table of sorts for them. Everything could hinge on what she did this afternoon, on securing this first alliance. Chiara breathed slowly and took a seat.

“Earlier you asked me why I would offer you this when I don’t have to. Zarah sent me the footage of your demands, and back then, I admit that I blinded myself once into believing I had a choice. But there is none. I can’t clap my hands and bring peace back to the Mandate. But a strong King can help me achieve that, can help me reconcile the people to my rule. As it is now, the Cronese citizens do not know me. If I try to take the throne now, then I’ll always be seen as the uncouth barbarian who smashed through their gates. Not a lost child returning to gladden her father’s heart. But, they know the king of Indupaar who sends them food, and they know the promise that was brokered between his father and a king they adored. If it takes a marriage to help my people, then I owe it to them to marry. I know enough from learning at the feet of my adoptive mother Erryn, that a queen belongs not to herself, but to the people. That is why, even though there is no fondness between us, I will marry you.”

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      It was wise to wait on her answer until they were in a more private setting. Xander did not even trust the men that piloted him to Cron enough to have certain conversations in front of them. It was difficult to live a life where one never trusted anyone. That was why Xander would always answer if Chiara called. For some odd reason, despite his dark nature, she trusted him. Xander trusted her as well. Whether either of them trusted the other for the right reasons was always in question. For Xander, he had been waiting on this moment for a long time and was not about to jeopardize it by seeming indifferent to the idea.

He followed her.

The castle she had taken for herself reminded him more of Munto Codru than the Cron of his memory. His head shook a little as he passed through the outer wall that had been littered in ivy.

"It will eventually crack through the outer walls given the right conditions," he commented, rarely finding a moment where his tongue could be still long enough to allow too much silence between them.

As they came into the room which had been prepared for their discussion Xander let out a sight. Here it was once more. A table of delectable treats and savory meats was laid out for them in the center of the room. This time the redhead he was with was the one making the proposal, and it was not Xander threatening to remove Indupar's support if the alliance was not fit according to what had been agreed to. Chiara took her own seat, and Xander chose to remain standing. He paced about the table as she talked, selecting various things and setting them on a plate all while she talked.

"My lack of fondness has always stemmed from your indifference, my princess," Xander pointed out as he sat the plate in front of Chiara as if to support the point he was about to make. Another plate was picked up as he saw to what he wanted. "The gifts and kindness I showered you with were not simply to convince you to retake the throne for my own twisted purposes. For some reason I cannot explain you and I have always been drawn toward each other. It is as if gravity itself were demanding that we are convinced of the truth our fathers once saw to create."

Xander took a chair that was next to where Chiara had sat and chose to sit beside her.

"You are correct in your assessment. Our marriage would certainly win over the people and leave your claim largely uncontested. However, whereas I could, and would, have settled for indifference from your cousin, I cannot with you. I don't know if this is what you will do. I want to know this is what you want to do."

Xander poured them some wine, clearly his own stock.

"Do you... want to, I mean."