• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up
      Received: 0
      Given: 0

The Empire's Own Redeker (Open)

0 Not allowed!
      Tholm had been eager to see what life would be like in his home...it was rather hard to believe he truly had one after all these years. He was fighting against what his family had supported but from his visit to the New Republic years before he saw that it wasn't the place for him. They were to lax it seemed and had no bearing at all. These discoveries had led him to the Jedi afterwards and sadly enough that followed in the same disappointment and he quickly felt like he was out of place. He was created to be a soldier and the New Republic was far from what he felt was right and deserved in the galaxy. The galaxy needed order and that was what The Sovereign Galactic Empire could and would provide when they crushed the Rebels and he gladly sought them out.

Tholm arrived at his living quarters and took everything in with a happy smile, he knew that after today he would be having the hardest times in his life. He was a Redeker, which meant his family...more exact his uncle Torr would be well known and public enemy number 1 in the navy as he was an Ace in the New Republic. Tholm knew deep down he would become an Ace pilot and show the Rebels they were no match for Imperial War Machine.

0 Not allowed!
      Kao was coming out of her room on the way to the gym when she rounded the corner and nearly bumped into the newcomer. “Oh, Sorry!” She gasped laughing as she grabbed his arm hoping they didn't both tumble to the floor.

Once settled on their feet, she brushed a stray hair from her ponytail out of her face. “I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have been in such a hurry.” Realizing she didn't recognize the man, she bit her lip. “Forgive me, I am horrible with names. I am Kao, Kao Demascus. I don't believe we have met.” She was there in her workout gear with an unzipped jacket over her top. She kept her gear bag in the gym locker so she was empty handed. “Take it you are the new guy?” She laughed and leaned against the wall beside them. “Sorry, don't mean to keep you if you have someplace to be.”

Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      As he neared the corner he felt a thud against him as he looked around at all of the buildings. While he had been thinking about how this was going to take some getting used too, he quickly reacted and grabbed the woman that had just ran into him. "No I am sorry, I really should be paying more attention." he said as he finally noticed who he had ran into and he felt a little embarrassed.

As the woman seemed to regain her footing he straightened his hat and looked at her smiling. "Yep I am the new guy." he said as she introduced herself and he was both curious and nervous about what would happen when his fellow pilots learned he was a Redeker. How many enemies would he had because of his name, because of his uncle the Rebel Ace pilot that had killed many pilots. "Nice to meet you Kao, I am..." he said pausing for a moment as this was the moment of truth. "I am Tholm Redeker." he said as he waited to see how she reacted. Maybe he was just overly worried after the meeting he had with the Minister of War. He was warned his life here would be hard because of his name but he honestly welcomed the challenge and remained rather confident in himself. "I just graduated the academy and was headed to see what my new quarters were like." he said with a smile as he was rather curious but he was starting to like his life here even more by the second.

0 Not allowed!
      Strong arms had caught her and set her back to balance. The man's strength was not lost on her and a slight blush of embarrassment colored her cheeks.

Kao smiled as the man introduced himself. Hearing the last name, though, she smiled brighter. “Well, I hope you can fly or fight like your Republican namesake. We could use a killer on our side.” She winked teasing unsure if there was even a relationship between this new guy and the Redeker she knew was one hell of a pilot on the Reps side of the galaxy.

“Well I was going to the gym, but the least I can do is show you your room.” She nodded back behind her towards the common room and the sleeping quarters beyond. She asked what room he had been assigned and lead the way back through the common room. “You are only a couple doors down from me.” She smiled.

“So... are you soldier or pilot? Pilot here, so hope you aren't against female jockies.” She smiled as she lead the way. “This is the common room. Empty now cause everyone's at the gym or headed for the chow hall.” As she glanced back she raised a curious eyebrow, “You had lunch yet?”

Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Tholm couldn't help as the woman blushed as he caught her from falling and then as she mentioned his uncle. "I hope to be even better then my Uncle." he said knowing very well how talented and gifted his uncle truly had proven to be over the years. "I hear the Empire has many great pilots so I am eager to train with them and prove I am better then them all in time." he said somewhat arrogantly but confident he could back up such a boast, even if he would have to work harder to achieve the same level of respect.

"I am a pilot. I decided against following in my fathers footsteps in becoming a groundpounder. Sure didn't work out in his favor in the end." he said with a light chuckle, never knowing his father...or more exact the man he was created from the DNA of. "I find it very sexy, a woman knowing her way around a ship." he said stumbling out the words he wanted to use. "I haven't eaten anything yet, just was eager to get in before the recruitment offices closed and then find my home at long last." he was happy to be here, feeling like his actually belonged in the Empire more then anywhere else.

0 Not allowed!
      Kao laughed as he mentioned his plans to be better than his Uncle. “Well you are welcome to be better than your Uncle, but not better than all the pilots.” She winked reminding him she was one of those pilots. “But,” she turned her back on him and shrugged, glad he wouldn't see the big grin on her face, “If you prove your worth, I wouldn't mind letting you be my wing man.”

When he mentioned he hadn't eaten, she turned the corner down the hall his room was on, she smiled. “Well, if you want, I don't mind skipping the gym till tonight. I'll be happy to show ya a good place to eat.” She smiled. “I'll show you the chow hall too, if you really want.” She stopped in front of a door and leaned on the wall. “This is you. I'm two more doors down.” She crossed her arms and leaned back on the wall watching him. He moved like an animal stalking something. She hoped it was that kind of instinct and not a timidity some had that looked like hunting, but was more like looking for hunters. He didn't strike her as prey... but then, good prey rarely did.

Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Tholm grinned as she spoke about hin not being better then all the pilots. "Oh I figure if I match the Old Warhorse in skill, I will be among the best pilots in the galaxy." he said wondering what it would be like to face off with his uncle in a good ole fashion dog fight. He had been raised watching videos of the man fighting and taking out several Imperial pilots, many of them considered Aces in their own right. "I could see you making a great wing woman in the future but can't have you intimidating all the women here so soon after arriving." he said with a smirk and a wink.

As he followed her around the corner he saw his room and smiled. It would be the first time he could say he actually truly had a home of his own somewhere. "I would appreciate that and chow hall food would be fine with me. I am used to eating rations and foods much like that." he said as he swiped his wrist over the lock panel and the door slid open. Walking in he looked around at the humble living quarters and he saw as they had two private rooms in each. "So how do you find out who or when you will get a roommate?" he asked as the other room looked just like his did. Everything clean, uniform, and neat. "And where do I get my kit? I just finished the academy so I am eager to get my actual issue." happily he walked into one of the rooms that had his name on the wall. He hadn't ever had his own home like this and he was rather eager to meet his roommate when he arrived.

0 Not allowed!
      The young woman laughed. “Oh yeah, you will make a great wingman. You already have the ego for it.” She laughed. Being the only female pilot currently still in the barracks and not squadron assigned yet, Kao took great pride in holding her own against the others also awaiting placement.

As Kao watched him step into his room and look around she stepped up behind him smiling. “You find out when someone opens the door and says 'Hey, roomy'.” She laughed and leaned on the doorway as he explored the small quarters. “Your duffle should show up tomorrow. Too late for it to make it today if you just finished recruitment. You have some advance living credit at the base shops though. So you can get a change of clothes, gym stuff, personal items and such without worrying about what you arrived with.” She had arrived broke. Having the credit had bothered her, but after a while she learned that the bit of cushion when she started was nice.

“If you are only used to rations and such, we can either go to the mess hall or we can go to the shops. There is a couple nice restaurants there with easy foods including soups and some lighter meats. And there is food from nearly anywhere you want. Also, if you come from a place that's not already in the replicator in the common room, in the next few days it will be. Your home planet favorites will be there and you can program others as well.” She nodded back towards the common room.

Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The young man was rather impressed with the woman before him. Not many seemed to be like her, the only one he could truly recall fondly was the Jedi woman he had feelings for and that fling with while he was there. He had been forced to leave all of that behind when he washed out as a Jedi but he still tried to maintain contact with her, even telling her she was seeking out the Empire. If he could make it in the Empire he could truly make it something that the Jedi could support after he had seen many flaws with the New Republic.

"I will have to hit up one of the shops today then, I still have come creds from my prior travels but I am sure I will get rather odd looks carrying these around." he said taking off his slugthrower holsters and hanging them on the bed frame. He would find a better place for them soon but until then he would keep them there. He had needed them far more in the past then he would like to admit after all. "Shame we don't know when to expect someone but I am sure I will have one before to long." he said as he was just happy to have a place of his own before turning to the woman and walking out of the quarters. "And where would I best find someplace I can get holopics made from this?" he asked as he wanted to get the picture of him and the woman he cared for back on Yaviin made into a holo so he could carry that one with him on flights. "I am honestly open to anything to eat. I spent time on various worlds to can claim any as a true home." he said with a smirk that covered he didn't feel at home anywhere until now.

0 Not allowed!
      Kao nodded in agreement to his choice to leave the holster in his room. “Probably best... least till you get promoted and can carry your own side arm.” She hated not having a pistol on her hip as well, but that just gave her a reason to strive for that promotion.

“The shopping center has a place to make holos. They do a good job. Seen some of the work.” She didn't have any reason for her own pics, but she knew others in the barracks who had gotten them made to help remind them of home or loved ones. “Well if you want something decent, we can go to the shopping center. Gimme a min to change into denims. Not crazy about running around in gym gear.” She bobbed her chin towards her room. “You can hang out in the common room or in the shared lounge in my place. I don't have a roommate yet.” She headed down the hall towards her room. “So are you a meat lover, or more the salad and soup kinda guy?” She opened her door and propped open the main door heading into her sleeping room leaving the door cracked so he could talk through if he wanted. If he didn't answer, she'd guess he waited in the common room.

Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      As she turned to get changed he looked at the picture he carried. 'Sun I miss you.' he said as he really missed her and hoped to make a trip so he could see her again soon. It just costed a great deal to visit her since he lived on Ruusan.

As she asked him about what kinds of food he liked, he didn't respond at first before turning his looking up. "What?" after a moment he realized what she had asked him "Meat, not one of those salad types." he had always enjoyed stews and anything including meat but nothing seemed to compare to the food he had on his long visit to Ruusan. "Sorry, was lost in memories." he said as he was curious what Hyung Sun Xun was doing now but figured they would find a chance to find one another again. "So where are you from?" he asked kinda curious about the woman before him.

0 Not allowed!
      Kao shrugged as she emerged from her room with a jacket over her work out top, sleeves pushed up, and a pair of denims on, tucked into half laced up boots. “A bit all over.” She responded to his query. She saw the look on his face when he apologized for being distracted and smiled softly while brushing it off. “Glad you love meat. There is a great burger they make. If it's too much, we can always pick something else.” She lead the way back down the hall, her door clicking shut behind them. “My brother taught me to fly soon as I could reach the throttle. My family is gone now, scattered or dead. So I just claim here as home.”

She lead him back through the common room, out the door he'd come in and off towards the shopping center. “Mess hall is the other side of the barracks. Cant' miss it.” She nodded towards the roof line of the large building they were headed to. “Shops, eating, nearly anything you want. If you need anything else, town is only a speeder or conveyor away.” She watched a few people out walking, some cadets playing ball in the grass clearing by the barracks and the limited traffic up and down the causeway.

“So outside of flying, what do you like to do?” She wondered if maybe she'd found a sparring partner or perhaps someone to hit the firing range with. Most of the other pilots kept in shape, but felt that things like hand to hand skills and pistol accuracy were redundant since they were going to be in a fighter in fire fights anyway.

Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Tholm thought for a few moments as he tried to decide what to make of this woman. "That sounds fine to me, I just need to get something to eat." he said in an honest tone as they headed down the hall and he listened as she spoke of her family. He couldn't relate on many accounts as he didn't know much about his family other then what his grandfather had told him and shown him over the years while training with him to see what he would be best suited for. At that time it was simple, he would become a Jedi. He knew it could be taken both ways but he was truly happy that fates had something else in mind for him. He had saved the woman he loved, even if he had to sacrifice something that was at the time a major part of his life.

"Hmm I see, atleast they keep stuff close and simple." he said as she was pointing out different locations to him. He truly was more concerned and interested in when he would be assigned to a flight squadron and show the New Republic that the Empire wasn't someone to mess with. "Oh my hobbies are pretty simple I guess." pausing for a moment. "I drink, gamble, fight, and like to take out my slugthrowers I left back in the barracks." he truly felt naked without them as he hadn't removed them when he was out an about in several years. "What about you? And what kind of ship are you wanting to pilot?" he was rather curious what kind of pilot she would be as it would tell him if they were gonna train against one another and possibly be rivals of a sort.

0 Not allowed!
      Kao lead him to an outer entrance to the eatery. The tables were fairly empty being not quite lunch time yet. As they entered she motioned to a table in the corner. “So how about a nice beef burger and seasoned fries? How's that sound?” She settled in her seat and waved off the waitress to come back in a moment.

“I'm horrible with pistols. Hand to hand and knife fighting I can do. As for gambling,” she laughed, “I will remember to make sure if we are at the same table, I'm just serving drinks.” She smiled and shook her head. “Terrible at that, too. Can never keep track of what I am supposed to have or throw out.” She laughed once more.

When he asked her what ship she wanted to pilot, she grinned. “Eventually, the flag ship or a lead star destroyer.” Her sights were set high, and she wouldn't compromise. “Right now, I have been training on Xwings. The Y is a bit cumbersome in my opinion. I like the speed and maneuverability of the X.” She glanced at the menu before her wondering if the burger and fries would be all right with him or if something else on the menu would tickle his fancy. “Think I'll have an ale with the burger. No training expected this weekend so we should be safe enough to have one if we don't go overboard.”

Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Tholm followed and grinned. "Sure, anything sounds good right now honestly." he knew a good meal would go a long ways, especially after he hadn't eaten anything more then rations for the past several weeks. "I could help you with pistols, as long as you think you can handle slugthrowers. I like the more archaic weapons, blasters don't leave the seem impression or message." he said following her to a table to sit. He quickly studied everyone around them as he was rather curious about what they all would think if they knew about his family and curious if anyone here was behind the killing of his 'father' although it truly didn't bother him at the end of the day. He was a clone and carried no love for the man.

"Those are some very lofty goals you have there, I just hope to become the Empires greatest Ace pilot. If I am offered more I will gladly take it but not until I have mastered my current path." he said as he truly had narrowed his own personal interests down to Interceptors and Defenders. Their capabilities would make him a far greater match for Rebel fighers, but he couldn't like he was also drawn to Punisher's and bombers if they would be a rotational option for him. "I thought the Empire only uses Tie fighters. I have no desire or interest in piloting X-Wings or Y-wings. They take the talent of the pilot away, you can be a decent pilot with a droid and make it seem like you are a great one after all." he said letting his disgust for depending on astromech droids very apparent and not evening thinking about drinking now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast