• VeggedOut
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 35
      Given: 33

Who keeps the Keeper? - Akilah -

0 Not allowed!
      Walking into the Overwatch center, Tauren watched the "Watchers" as they ran operational control over their agents, or "Cyphers". This was a nod back to the old ways, when Intel was more of an actual division and not just a bunch of spooks, it was efficient, he liked it. That was what he was here for, but Tauren knew that he couldn't parse his time as there was a lot more to his work now with everyone missing. So that meant he needed to delegate, something Tauren was terrible at, but there was a person to whom he knew that he could trust.

As the Minister of Defense watched a cypher being sent into a pirate asteroid base, he wondered who it was. It was a lonely, but exhilarating life, to only have the voice in your earpiece to talk to while on an op. It was what made him pretty much anti-social, though he is working on that now. Now Tauren's life was about meetings and appearances, especially with the Empress among the missing(not that anyone knows that).

The message was sent and the code was easy enough to break about where to meet, Tauren hated meeting in offices, something stuffy about it all.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 2
      Given: 2

0 Not allowed!
      Dressed in a business suit, dark and matching her long brown hair, flowing freely, Akilah moved through various security stations from the main entrance and through the building's inner control center. Guards on station, cameras and sensor equipment eyeing everyone, and analysts watching them, she was used to all of this. Having been the empress's bodyguard for some time, Akilah understood all the measures that needed to be in place to keep someone or a group safe. Their rival agencies were crafty and used a multitude of tricks to try and overcome all the measures in place, so keeping one step ahead seemed a never ending race.

Acting like you belonged and having the right ident card could get you into nearly anywhere as well.

Soon, the thick blast doors opened and allowed the experienced agent into the nerve center of Intel. Overwhelmed with a host of monitoring stations commanding the floor and all three walls crowded with more holoprojectors, the massive amount of information that flowed through this one room was staggering. Being scrutinized by two more armed guards at the door, she continued moving along the near wall until finding the main windowed office. Knocking once, she pushed it open and stepped in, gaining the attention of several suited agents, their serious faces denoting she had just interrupted them.

Brown eyes moved to the central holoprojector as the head of Intel watched various views of a single agent moving toward his objective. Keeping quiet until she was addressed, Akilah was interested in what she had just walked into.
      Last edited by Akilah; 12-18-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
      Her entrance was met with scorn from several of the individuals. "Who did this 'Cypher' think she was?" the thought filling many a head of theirs. There was about to be an inquiry into this very notion when the one who summoned her, the one who answers to none of them walked up and touched her shoulder nodded for her acknowledgement.

Good to see you, walk with me.

Though it wasn't out of rudeness to the new guest, he didn't really wait for a response. Slowly the Minister of Defense walked down the steps and back out to the middle of the floor. He was particular interested in operation in the pirate base, but his focus was on the Elite agent next to him.

I miss operations, being autonomous out there in field. My apologies on the meeting place, and those fools in the office, they are and should be of no concern to you. I just believed it was more poignant to meet here. "Keeper" was killed recently, so things are a little hectic.

She could probably find out why, the woman was accepting bribes, but he didn't see any importance to bring that up.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      The touch prompted her to acknowledge the minister and then follow him back out onto the main control center. Knowing the egos that permeated the very walls in this building, she had grown used to the competitiveness and yet comraderie they all had. One field agent would do all they could to save a fellow agent, unless it compromised their own cover. That situation seen as the agent going off the reservation and being left to their own mistakes. Plausible deniability.

She grinned at his thoughts and nodded, though her own experiences had been in the field for the past six years in service to the Empire. The information offered about one of their own, brown eyes shot to her boss. "We know how, or by whom," she inquired, hoping there hadn't been any breach of the agent's true affiliations. Team members gave their lives in the service of the Empire all the time and had been doing so for generations, but each one was felt by all.

Especially if they had lost their lives in the middle of a big mistake.
      Last edited by Akilah; 12-18-2017 at 07:02 PM.

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
      I'll upload the Office release to your wrist comm... Walking over to the nearest panel, Tauren typed up a text message that only Akilah would see on her wrist communicator. This was a tactic often used in "Radio Silence" to relay information, as well as negotiations and deep cover missions, it was also standard to relay classified information so that some who are not cleared will not compromise the intel. What Akilah would see would not be a re-creation of the announcement of the death of a valued colleague and leader, but the truth that only her level of clearance allowed her to see.

["She was killed in a sting operation. An old informant of mine contacted me with information that she was farming out the N.O.C. List, the module with passcodes to all of Intel's safehouses across the galaxy. We used him as bait and she bought it. I don't like killing our own, but she lost that right when she tried to sell us out."] Standing erect and looking at her with a knowing glance, Tauren did his best to keep things "different" in the room.

Her work ethic in this room was one of a kind, she'll be missed by many. Sure, it was a lie, but it was one meant to keep morale up, Cyphers are out in the field and meant to handle bad situations. Watchers and Fixers are logistics and overwatch, they work more closely together than Cyphers, where as this news would not bother a Cypher, and probably won't bother Akilah, it would "kill" some of Watchers in the room.

I have a Cypher who might make a good watcher, a few of them, but none who would make a good Keeper... well... almost none. His look changed to meaningful as an op was brought up on the main viewer, a Chiss agent looked to have had his cover blown in a fight ring and was fighting his way out. Tauren just sighed.

"Coldi'Ali'Nuordo" Good intel gatherer, charming, skilled talker... can't play a part to save his life sometimes... he needs a good S.A.*

*Supervising Agent
      Last edited by Tauren Saryl; 12-19-2017 at 02:30 AM.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Within moments, she read over the file and understood what had happened. It seemed that some out in the field did become isolated and forget why they were out there. The lure of money being too easy to pass up, or someone across the board had gotten to them. An asset became the handler, instead, which should never happen. It was unfortunate, but she understood the results that had to be employed. The woman had gone off of the reservation and had to pay for her mistake. They all knew the price when they went through training, of betraying the Empire.

Turning it off, the wrist comm automatically deleting the file in case the modified chronometer was stolen and she nodded in agreement. "No doubt," she said, though the anger over a traitor would take a little longer to suppress this time.

As the operation played out before them, she turned her attention to the minister and then began to understand why she had been summoned, a swell of pride prompted a grin. "Like to help out anywhere I can, sir. I'll train him up and hopefully we can make him a NOC, otherwise maybe he can fit in as an analyst," she motioned with her eyes to many of those seated in the brightly lit stations around them. "Not everyone has what it takes to work in the field, but we all have a part to play regardless."

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Raising an eyebrow and looking her way, he wondered if he was being a little too subtle, not out of the ordinary in his case.

A good "Keeper" is one who can oversee everything on this floor and ensure success from anyone in the field. They are one who can not only come and go as they please, out in the field but if an operation is in jeopardy they can take control in a moment as they are up on the intel. Tauren didn't doubt what she said at all, she wouldn't have made it to this level of clearance if any of her file was a fallacy, but even he didn't know what he was getting into when he went up the ladder.

Continuing to watch the Chiss fight his way out until finally the sweeper team came in for extraction, Tauren just nodded in surprise.

The only requirement for a good Keeper outside their skillset is the backbone to go put those fools upstairs in their place. She knew to whom he was speaking.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      His reaction made Akilah realize that perhaps she had missed the complete reason for being here, then turned her attention to the operation at hand. The Chiss in question was the individual they were watching and though he had gotten caught by local pirates, the agent seemed to be adapting to his surroundings. Nodding to his further statement, she also knew that sometimes those that oversaw Intel didn't always have their agent's best interest at heart, which she could understand his disdain. Bureaucrats had a way of meddling where they didn't belong, though with all she had seen of the Empire, both past and present, that mentality seemed to be ingrained pretty deeply.

"I've learned from the empress to always inform those that I answer to, what they need to hear, and only that. Everything else stays in house," she glanced to him again, gauging his reaction to that point and hoped they were both on the same page.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Until a new Director General is named, "Keeper" would answer only to me, and frankly I would prefer,
      if the right person wanted the position, to be "hands off".
      Again with the meaningful glance her way.

Looking up at the Bureaucrats momentarily, as their ocular venom rained down on the two, he cut to the chase. I'm sure you are getting the jist of this meeting by now. If these are terms you can accept, let us seal it with a simple handshake. The proper paperwork can be done later, but the people I would like to see viewing this are watching us right now.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Grinning, she offered her hand and also took in those in attendance. Some she had seen and dealt with before on a different level, but today they would have to just ignore whatever she took care of and missions that went through her office. This was going to be an interesting beginning, she mused. Brown eyes turned to the minister, "Look forward to working with you more directly, sir."

Making Jedi cool since
      a long time ago in a galaxy
      far far away.
      Mood:
      Cool

Thumbs Up
      Received: 39
      Given: 16

0 Not allowed!
      fail

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      I am as well... "Keeper." He shook her hand almost uncharacteristically enthusiastically.

I'll assign a Resurgent to act as your platform when needed. That is unless you would like something less... "gawdy". Then he pointed up at the "fools" again.

They're in the waiting room for your office here, by the way. A rare smirk and a wink was all he would offer to that. They answered to her now after all.