Darth Reverence
      The Lord of Pain
      Mood:
      Brooding

Thumbs Up
      Received: 21
      Given: 26

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob watched her though it wasn't flattering. Seeing her like this wasn't frightful to him, it was concerning. He understood she didn't know what he went through years before and all that and as she apologized for what he'd did go through he nodded his head. Of course he'd help her any way he could. Even if she was just his student he'd help as a teacher and that was a duty of his. Although he loved her and he would continue doing what he could to help someone he loved and cared for.

"I'll help you any way, you know that Nissa." Jacob said with a loving smile.

As she looked up at him he saw her old self once more. It was reassuring but for how long though would it last? What he said about Jasik was what he knew of him. They spoke a few times but what he gathered about him and how she was his ward at one point. Smiling as she kissed him and stood up. When Nissa asked about the Force Barrier ability he then chuckled. Though he understood why, it was less damaging then using Force Choke. So he then cleared his throat and tried to explain.

"Well it is like a shield, I suppose. Blocks things like Force Lightning, Push, pull, least I think, and blaster bolts. Comes in handy if you ask me." Jacob said trying to explain the basic part of it.

0 Not allowed!
      The Bond cut both ways, Nissa discovered. It helped with each others emotions to be shared, but the thoughts weren't there yet. She backed up from Jacob asking for help with the Barrier and Choke skills, but she felt his disappointment in her. She didn't realize he had thought she was groveling. She believed it was because she had lost control and now was begging for help. She straightened herself as she heard him describe the Barrier and its abilities.

She stood several feet back and took a deep breath, her hands at her sides. "Try again, to hit me, I mean. If I had known this skill, perhaps I could have saved us being slammed so badly from the blast." She didn't know he hadn't thrown it up last minute, but had simply pushed her away to protect her to save her from the blast debris.

The Dark Spire Leader
      The Unforgiven
      Standing in the eye of the storm
      Thumbs Up
      Received: 10
      Given: 7

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob then got up off the rock and brushed himself off as well. He could tell that his thoughts cut into her as he felt the defeat in her in that moment. Knowing that he should have chosen his thoughts carefully he knew next time he would. For now he would help her. The Knight promised he would and he would see to that promise any way he knew how. Nissa said that if she'd known that she could use it then that it would have helped from the blast. Nodding in agreement he then cracked his neck and then rubbed it and winced. For that, Jacob knew he was getting older.

"Alright but at first just see if you can keep it up for a moment. Then we'll go from there." Jacob said with a smirk.

He then held up his left hand and summoned the Force allowing the rage within to swirl to him. The Knight felt the power surge into his arm and the crackle of lightning went to his fingertips. Then unleashing a volley it arced it's way to Nissa then he cut it off. Letting his hand come back to his side he then watched to see how she'd react to it. It wasn't as strong as the one he did previously. But enough to give her quite a shock to say the least.

0 Not allowed!
      Nissa nodded as she saw and felt him pull the power to him. As he unleashed the lightning, she pooled her power to herself and this time brought her hands up, palms towards him and imagined a wall twice as wide and half again as her, densely put between her and him. As the lightning struck she took half a step back, the concussion against it something she was too tightly bound to. "Whoa..." she gasped then laughed slightly a she dropped it and shook her hands like they had been stung. "Ok, I definitely felt that one but not as badly." She looked at her hands to see if she had burned them this time.

The elation in her head swiftly replacing her pain and he would feel it.

The Dark Spire Leader
      The Unforgiven
      Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob smirked as she blocked it and stepped back. At least this time she didn't go flying back and get knocked out from it. That was a good sign. Might sting a bit but as long as she was up and conscious that was what mattered. While she dropped it and made sure that her hands hadn't been burned he then nodded in approval. She did good and he would commend her for that. In his mind he was proud that she handled that better and at least had control of herself. The Knight then laughed a bit with her as he then looked and saw that she wasn't burned this time.

"No burns...that's a good thing." Jacob said with a wink.

He could feel the elation and at least she didn't feel the pain in that moment. Ready to go again though this time he'd use both hands. Holding them both out he then eyed her, "Now, are you ready for the next?"

0 Not allowed!
      She nodded and shook her hands. "I'm ready." This time she imagined a curved shield in front of her. She didn't so much hold it as build it before her. If the striking force was going to roll thru the Force to her, she needed to not hold it so tightly, but trust she was strong enough to maintain it without the need for her to be so close. She built the barrier even as Jacob lifted both hands and sent a blast towards her that, gratefully, wasn't the full force of his capabilities, but still tested her mettle.

She gasped as she saw it coming and the shield flared in her mind's eye just as it was struck. She felt it this time, but it rolled around her rather than slamming into her full force. This time fear and panic were on her face as it finished. "I, I guess this is one that needs self preservation and panic behind it and not just protective feelings." She was gasping a bit, trying to catch her breath. The barrier was still up and her hands were out, shaking from the exertion of maintaining it.

The Dark Spire Leader
      The Unforgiven
      Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      As Jacob sent the volley it was a wider arc of lightning shot at her. A bit more power behind it but she would feel it nonetheless, not like he would completely use it full force like he would on an opponent. When it went forward and made it's way to her barrier it rolled around it and didn't slam completely into it. A brief smile formed on his face as he saw it go around and even though he saw the strain it did to her at least she kept it up. Jacob let the lightning go for ten seconds or so before he finally ended it and then put both his hands down.

Her gasping though because of it he knew she'd be okay. Sometimes it could be a strain and he knew that part all too well. At times testing abilities and such took a toll on him but after a while and enough use it was easier then before. Most of her other skills she was good at and didn't seem to strain her from what he saw. Nissa was gifted with the use of the Force and he knew that. Sure, Jacob had his own gifts but he was better at using a lightsaber and that was his biggest strength. Most within the Penumbra knew that part. Most of them anyways.

Jacob nodded, "It might. Just depends on what you put behind it to channel it and then use the ability. Everyone has their own ways."

The Knight walked closer and then studied her for a moment. She seemed alright, no burns or anything like that. As far as he could tell she did really good. Least she was getting better control and use of the ability then she did at first. Smiling with pride he was proud of her in that moment. Now she was better at something then she was at first. Even if she was straining she still got the hang of it and in time she'd be better with it.

"Are you alright?" Jacob asked with concern.

0 Not allowed!
      It took her a moment to focus, but as Jacob's concern went thru her mind, she blinked and shook her head. Dropping her hands and rubbing then on her dirt strewn leggings, she nodded. "Yeah... Yeah, I'm ok, hun..." she was shaking but it was from realization, not fear. "Jacob, if I can master that skill..." she didn't finish the thought as a myriad of possibilities came to mind.

She suddenly furrowed her brow and looked at him with a bit of intensity. "You can't make a barrier, can you? But I thought all the powers were available to everyone." She suddenly had the inkling that some things wouldn't come to her beck and call. It was an interesting prospect she hadn't contemplated before.

The Dark Spire Leader
      The Unforgiven
      Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob breathed a sigh of relief. As long as she was okay that was what mattered to him. He then waved away the smell of ozone that the lightning created as a side effect of using it. Not that the smell completely bothered him, it was just stuck around his nose and it didn't wanna go away. Blinking his eyes he then noted that if she mastered it she would be able to defend herself and others from harm. Even him for that matter.

"I know where your going, Nissa." Jacob said and went over to her and hugged her, "You can defend us both."

The look on her face after that as she furrowed her brow and gave him an intense look he backed up a bit. Then she asked the question. Sighing he then shook his head. Though she was right, they were available to everyone, he just didn't learn it. Didn't see a reason to learn such a skill. Jacob usually went more aggressive then most, even as a Jedi. Sometimes he felt it had to be done and being on the offense he felt would be good as a semi-defense of sorts. Either way he then looked at the ground and then back up at her.

"No...I can't." He said awkwardly, "They are. I just didn't bother to learn it is all."

0 Not allowed!
      She moved forward and rested her hand on his chest. "It was a question, Jacob, not a judgement. I honestly thought all Dark Jedi knew all the same things. I didn't realize everyone had things they did and didn't know." She realized, saying it out loud, how naive that sounded. "I mean, I figured everyone knew them though some just made use of their favorites, so to speak, more than others." It's nice to know we are all different. It means as I progress, I can learn complimentary powers to yours. With your ability to use lightning, I can shield you as you use it."

That gave her an idea. "I want to try something," she said and turned to stand beside him. "Now," she laughed slightly but it was nervous, "don't do it so hard it backfires, but see if you can send lightning thru the barrier from behind it with me." This time, as she raised her hands, instead of a full barrier, she made it like a shield of spikes. She had seen it in battles in historical holocrons. Large spikes sticking forward that stopped things coming towards them, but allowed weapons like arrows and spears to shove thru the spaces in between towards those coming at them.

She used one hand to hold the shield steady and her other hand she set on the small of his back. She was trying to let him see what she saw in the aura shield. If it worked, he would be able to see the small chinks in the shielding that were just big enough for his lightning to get thru. "Ok..." she said, not looking up at him. The shield wavered and shifted because she wasn't strong, but also because she wasn't sure if enemies would be able to see the shield. "Try and send something outwards from in here."

The Dark Spire Leader
      The Unforgiven
      Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob looked up at her as she moved forward and put her hand on his chest. In a way he should have learned it but he didn't when he was given a chance. Looking back on that decision now the Knight wished he would have taken the time and learned it. Would have come in handy as the explosion went off. Although at that moment he didn't know if he could have kept them both safe from it. Maybe her but not himself. That was a possibility. As she reassured him that she wasn't judging him he hugged her again.

"No we all learn different things I suppose. Makes us all unique in different ways." Jacob said with a shrug, "All of us are different, Nissa."

Hearing the notion of her using the Force barrier as he used Force Lightning that made him smirk. It could be risky but they had to find out. May as well find out and if it works then that would be a good thing. If not, well it was better to know that you couldn't. Again, it was a risk but one he was willing to take. Jacob saw her stand beside him and then canted his head. Now looking at her as she spoke with a nervous laugh he could tell that she knew it was risky also. But again they may as well take that risk. The Knight had to guess if he could send it through the barrier and as she raised it and held it with one hand while holding onto him he then saw what she did.

It was seen as spikes with a bit of space so that he could send the bolt through it. Smiling he then allowed the Dark Side to come to him and he then held up his palm and reared his arm back and when he gathered the energy sent it forth through the shield. It arced it's way and hit the stone and then bounced off it. Jacob forgot to aim in in another direction and it shot back at the barrier though it didn't break it it just veered off it and hit the ground. Noting how it worked out but could be risky if it was sent back he then looked over at Nissa and smiled with a shrug.

"Well, I guess it does work...I just need to aim that a bit better." He said chuckling.

0 Not allowed!
      Nissa watched as the lightning breached the barrier and escaped to smack into the wall opposite them. The bounce back she hadn't anticipated, but with it was shattered and broken by the shield, she laughed. "Wow... that felt interesting. But we know it can work if we want it to." She looked at Jacob and smiled.

Realizing that Barrier had been taken care of, she thought of the other Force power she had called on. One she would probably need more than barrier. Fear tinted her voice as she spoke up. "I am not ready to practice choke on you, if that's all right. I've tempered it back and I worry about what I would have to call to make it work. And I don't want you to have to hurt me to make me stop." She was moving away from him, using push/pull to begin sorting the piles of debris she had slammed against the walls. The bushes and plants she brought back towards the main center rocks the garden was based around. The rest, she piled up nearly near the walls for gathering later. She was stalling, she knew, but she wasn't ready for it and the idea of using it again, especially on Jacob, frightened her terribly.

The Dark Spire Leader
      The Unforgiven
      Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob smiled back at her, "Yeah, least it worked. That's all that matters."

Noting that she didn't wanna practice the Force Choke ability on him, he could understand. But, she would have to practice that at some point. Sure, it was a darker ability that they had at their disposal and Jacob had used it at times. Was it right, probably not but he was no longer a regular Jedi. He wasn't afraid to express his darker emotions now and that was why he was in the Penumbra. The Knight didn't have to hide anymore. She was stalling he could tell, but he wasn't gonna force her to do something she didn't want to do. Jacob could bark orders at her since he was higher ranked and her teacher of course. He just didn't want to resort to such things like that.

"I can understand. But you can't keep running away from it forever, hun." Jacob said then said, "Trust me...I've tried that. Running from things you don't wanna do because your afraid. In the end, it won't help things."

0 Not allowed!
      Nissa stepped a bit further away. The Bond between them would let him feel her fear and dread. "I know..." she said softly. "But what if I hurt you? I couldn't...you couldn't, forgive me..." An image flashed in her head of him unconscious on the ground and the thought spiked her emotions with a flood of fear.

She turned to look at him and shook her head. "I don't know what to do, Jacob. I've never been this .... this lost...." her voice cracked and she bit her lip as her eyes started to water. She turned away from him and started using her power to once more move debris, but it was erratic and her control wavered with her emotions.

The Dark Spire Leader
      The Unforgiven
      Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob felt the fear and dread within her and sighed. At times he too had his own fear and dread over situations. This bond has it's strengths but it was also a major drawback to the both of them. With that being said, he figured that the two of them might need some help with it. One of the other fellow Penumbra members might be able to give them insight into how it can all work. Shyahwyn might be able to give some answers to what they might be able to do to either break it or else ease how it made them feel at times.

"If I forgave you once I can do it again." Jacob said then put a hand on her shoulder, "Now, the Jedi and Sith...they aren't so forgiving."

He could understand how she felt lost. The Knight felt that way a long time ago, and more recently losing his sense of balance in the Force. Seeing her eyes water he knew how she felt. Again he knew the lost feeling too well. Watching her move debris he could see the loss of control. At this moment he figured he could offer a solution.

"Well, we could ask one of the others for help. Maybe they could give insight into the matter." Jacob figured he'd throw that out there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast