• Worried
  • YeeHaw
      Veni, Vidi, Vici
      Mood:
      Twisted

Thumbs Up
      Received: 17
      Given: 18

I thought I was the only Ghost (Maggewetok)

0 Not allowed!
      Ronin hadn't been the director very long when he got word from one of his old contacts that someone he would be very interested in hearing was back. He hadn't known what to make of the message as the contact was one he hadn't heard from in several years and figured they had died or just gone dark due to the events that had led up to the destruction of the Black Ops department that he had worked with so much.

Heading towards the location he received the message dressed in his black suit and wearing his eye patch over his cybernetic eye like he always had done recently, the new Director of Intel kept his guard up as he studied all of his surroundings, nearing the old abandoned area of the academy. Not many people traveled near here anymore and it made him wonder what kind of trouble he might find...or what trouble some poor person would be finding soon enough.

"Thats interesting....you know what makes me sad? YOU DO! Maybe we should chug over to mamby-pamby land where maybe we can find some self confidence for you ya Jack Wagon. Tissue? Cry baby." R. Lee Ermy Geico Commercial
      Ronin 'Slade' Riedrak
      Special Operative Riedrak Unleashed!

Thumbs Up
      Received: 14
      Given: 21

0 Not allowed!
      Though she had been gone now for more than six months, Maggie kept to the shadows as she moved through dusty hallways and empty rooms due for renovation shortly. By the report that she had witnessed before choosing this location for a private meeting, those powers that be were already setting aside the money to do so. Dimly lit, hazel eyes picked out a quiet room that overlooked one of the many plush and expensive residential buildings for senators and their families. Being over twelve stories up, the view was spectacular.

Small cameras established along both routes from the turbolift to get here, she glanced from time to time in anticipation of his arrival. The new Intel director no doubt had many other more important things to be tending to today, but she had to re-establish herself within the hierarchy again. It seemed odd that not that long ago she had chided him for this very thing. Disappearing without warning and then re-emerging as if nothing had happened. Like it was normal.

For spies that worked in the shadows, under assumed names, on the run at times, this was normal.

Adorned in casual clothing, she even had a cover established should someone interrupt before he arrived. Trade craft learned by not only Ronin, but also many other experienced people that understood how the galaxy worked. Lessons she learned well. A buzz on her chronometer alerted her to a presence now exiting the turbolift on this floor. One that shouldn't be visited by anyone without clearance. Turning her attention to the various camera views, she soon recognized the dark haired, suited male who's body language displayed someone on guard. Grinning wryly, she knew that her cover and message sent had gotten to him and he hadn't bothered to find out by whom.

Ducking back into a side room, she waited for him to enter the larger room to her left, lit by the transparisteel wall on the building's exterior.

Video - thanks Adam

Veni, Vidi, Vici
      Mood:
      Twisted

Thumbs Up

1 Not allowed!
      Slowly advancing through the halls after leaving the turbolift he had begun to pick up on something he hadn't sensed in almost a year which meant one of two things...

Carrying himself in a confident stance he continued to walk through the halls until he entered the larger room and was able to get a stronger smell that made him grin happily for one of the fewer time over the past year. "Ilana my dear, you know you are always welcome to visit me." he said knowing the scent was hers although he wasn't sure if it was gonna be her alone or if someone else was with her yet. "Now I must say this is a rather odd way for us both to be meeting Special Operative." he added as his grin turned to a smile and he turned hoping to see her once more.

Studying the beautiful woman he had always held feelings for, he recalled their last conversation. "I am glad to see that you are alright. I came back looking for you after my department was sold out by someone and your replacement declared me KIA/MIA, seems that we both have that in common now though." he was really happy to see her and was curious what she had been up to since his last disappearance as well as hers.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Grinning to herself as he called her name, Maggie stepped out from the boardroom and glanced past him to ensure that he was alone. "Good to see you too," she replied shortly after, stopping within feet of him. "Good to see that you're still in one piece as well," hazel eyes noted the eye patch as well as other healed scars on his hands and neck that few knew the origins of.

"If Nadia and others think I'm dead, the better for all of us I'd say," Maggie hated even saying the name of the Imperial spy that had been more than a nuisance to the Republic as a whole. "There's a lot going on and I've been out of the loop for too long. Maybe you can give me a direction and I can start helping out."

Veni, Vidi, Vici
      Mood:
      Twisted

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Ronin smiled happily seeing Ilana once more. It had been far to long and he now could understand what he had put her through all of these years. "I suppose I am in a good of shape as I was the last time we saw each other." not wanting to worry her to much about what he had been through since the betrayal his entire group had suffered through. He still could see all of their faces with his covered eye as it was like a curse that it could only ever see the past.

Walking over to her he embraced her in a tight hug, mostly to ensure she was real and not part of his imagination. "Aye, I have been meaning to track her down for years now to kill her. She was the one that killed Moses Redeker several years ago, which was an event that led me to return from the shadows. She is a dangerous thorn in my backside that never seems to want to give in to age." he laughed knowing it was rather ironic coming from someone as old as him.

Releasing his embrace and taking in her beauty once more, he was reminded of why he had always had feelings for her and why he always would respect her...always ready to put the job first. "Well I have been actually catching up on everything myself since taking over as the new Director. I have one major operation currently going but having you back will open up many new avenues as well." Ronin was happy to have his old protege back and knowing that together the New Republic couldn't be in better hands.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Returning the hug, she understood the sentiment and was glad that she could relax this much with someone not Cabrin or his children, as well as a select few. Backing as she listened, the information offered wasn't a surprise, nor was his feelings toward Nadia. She had given Maggie several scars as well when they first met and she hadn't ever forgotten the dark haired Imperial. Grinning, "Just point me in a direction."

Realizing now that probably sounded too eager, Maggie almost heard the voice of a newly recruited and trained agent. "Got a new place outside of the city and still getting it furnished, but having the chance to get out there and help out still gets me up in the morning."