• YeeHaw
      Mood:
      Curious

Thumbs Up
      Received: 2
      Given: 2

Cradling A Dream (Jacob Jr.)

0 Not allowed!
      Nila's arrival to the New Jedi Order had not been an easy one, but the reminder of Mister Masaki to the back of her mind, back on Corellia, reminding her of a different path carved out for her, seemed to be a strong enough inspiration to motivate her forward. She didn't want to disappoint the wise and kind older man. Nila had a feeling that he somehow knew what he was talking about. After days of travel, Nila had finally arrived on Yavin III, only to find exceptional trouble in finding just where she was meant to go. Gaining entrance inside the temple had been perhaps the most difficult part of all. There had been a very in-depth conversation, causing Nila to look deep inside herself to explore a sense of truth that she was not expecting to find. With deep introspective behavior, Nila's first steps inside the walls of the New Jedi Order were anything but light. Footfalls were confident and without hesitation as with the journey, came great change.

Not so many hours later, finding living quarters that felt somewhat like home, Nila dared to explore her latest surroundings. Her curious nature had tugged at her to explore beyond those places she knew she was not permitted to explore, but her will and sense of personal respect had out-won the reckless thrill of danger. Instead, she had wandered outside eventually, spotting children playing on the grounds of the compound. Seeing the younglings left her feeling both sad and happy at the same time. Nila adored children, so free and innocent, but seeing them reminded her of her own children that she had given up for adoption, for their own protection and safety. She believed she hid her sadness well, but she was also not entirely familiar with the force and how detectable free flowing it could be.

A little girl that was around what would have been the same age as her daughter, Cheecle, walked up to Nila, speaking to her with an ease of innocence in which Nila knew all too well. "Hi .. I'm Grace .. who are you?" The little blonde girl smiled up at Nila, extending a hand in such a way that Nila found her sense of politeness adorable. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Grace .. I'm Nila.." There was a significant pause, as little grace tried to pull off the word, acquaintance, though with some use of honesty. "What's .. acq -an - ance?" A twinkle formed to Nila's eye. Yes, she'd known a little better than to use acquaintance with one so young, but young or not, new words were meant to be learned. Nila went on to elaborate, somehow leaving young Grace excited, because she believed she had just made a new friend. Grace was only a child, but Nila liked the thought of it, as she was now in a space full of strangers, starting a whole new life so unfamiliar to her. She needed all the friends and help that she could get.

Thumbs Up
      Received: 1
      Given: 1

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob on this day was watching the younglings outside playing. Wearing his winter attire, though today the snow was falling and that to Jacob was a relief he then watched Grace go up to stranger and talk with her. Once Jacob saw her stray away from the others he then slowly walked up to the two. Looking on as the two were making acquaintances the Knight then chuckled a bit. He did like seeing the younglings interact with the adults but sometimes talking to strangers was a bad idea. For Grace being as young as she was he watched her more carefully though he didn't see anything alarming here. It was when Grace tried to say the word 'acquaintance' that Jacob stifled a laugh.

Apparently Grace heard that and turned around putting her hands on her hips, "It isn't nice to eve-drop on someone, Master Jacob!"

Jacob then canted his head a bit and smiled wide, and couldn't help but keep smiling as Grace tried to act like an adult because he was the one who told her that eavesdropping was bad, "Yes, that is true Grace. But it's 'eavesdrop', Grace. Your close though."

The Knight winked at her and she then giggled at him before skipping around then Jacob told her to go play with the others while he talked with Nila. Though he didn't know the woman's name yet he would make acquaintance with her. His eyes then shifted to the woman before he then nodded with his head to the youngling. They were all full of spunk and personality. Reminded him of he and his sister at that age. Back during a time when his father was still around. Before all the things with their family went south. Though, it wasn't good to keep drawing on that memory.

"Younglings...so...innocent wouldn't you agree?" Jacob asked before he then smiled, "Are you new to the Jedi. Looks like you just got through the doors and all. I'm Jedi Knight Jacob Murano Jr."

With his introduction Jacob offered her his hand.

Mood:
      Curious

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Offering an agreeable nod to Jacob's comment toward innocence, Nila offered her hand in greeting without hesitation. "Nice to meet you, Jedi Knight, Jacob Murano Jr..." Nila had no idea how a formal greeting worked within the ranks, so she felt it safest to repeat everything just as Jacob had said it. "Nila Viern, from Corellia. It's my first day here. I'm surprised I got in, actually.." She was babbling a little bit, as she liked to call it, saying more than she really needed to, because she was nervous. "It was recommended that I find myself a teacher in which to train me in the way of the Jedi. It's a bit of a daunting task, if you ask me. I kind of see finding a teacher as something of like a lifeline. I mean, how you're trained, doesn't that equate to the type of Jedi one becomes?" Nila silently urged herself to try and moderate her thoughts just a little bit.

She offered a faint nervous laugh, bringing her hand to her side after exchanging hand shakes. "I guess I'm a bit nervous, first time at this and all - don't really know what to expect - but I do feel like finding a teacher is a very important task. You're a Knight, so you train with someone too, right? Is it never ending, training? What was your first time like, choosing a teacher?" So many questions, Nila rubbed her palms softly over her tunic, where her thighs were, in a somewhat soothing self approach.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob then smiled, "Nice to meet you, Nila. Though you can call me Jacob. No need for the formality of my rank. Though you shouldn't be surprised you are allowed within. As long as your intention is true and you wanna help others across the galaxy then we welcome you."

He could tell she was nervous to some degree with the babbling but it didn't bother him in the least. To be honest Jacob found it refreshing and honest. Some put on a brave face but Nila seemed to be honest about what she was feeling at this point as she was allowed into the ranks of the Jedi. Her nervousness was apparent but, at least she again was being truthful of how she was feeling. But, now that she was a Jedi Padawan he assumed then she didn't need to feel that way. As his blue eyes looked to her and the rest of the younglings he saw that they were enjoying their time playing as Grace was skipping around with the others. A smile formed his face before he then turned back to Nila.

"Yes, it is recommended that you do so as soon as you can." Jacob added as she spoke of finding a teacher, "It can be daunting not gonna lie or sugar coat it."

When Nila asked if how one is trained equates to the Jedi you become he pondered that for a second. In some ways it did, but not always was that the case. Jacob learned from quite a few Jedi and it helped shape him into the Knight he is now. To him, it was what you did with the things you learned that made you the Jedi you are. Not who trained you or how they trained you. So, in turn, that's what he would say to Nila in this moment.

"Not always." He said with a shrug, "It's what you do with what you learn that counts. Who trains you is a big help, sure, but like I said it's what you do with it that counts more than anything. I'd learned from quite a few and all had different styles of teaching. To be honest, that helped me grow and learn as a Jedi. Then again, when I became a Jedi I was an eight year old kid. Look at me now. I'm a twenty year old Knight. I had a long while to learn and grow as a person and also as a Jedi."

It was when Nila said she was nervous he then chuckled and waved it off, "It's okay, Nila. No need to be nervous. But, yes, I have to train and grow before I ever reach the rank of Master. Even as a Master it never ends. One can always learn."

Thinking back to when he first became a Jedi Padawan he then reminisced about Amalia accepting him as her student as he requested her. That was because he also knew her personally because she trained his dad before as well. It wasn't a hard choice since he knew Amalia on a level like that. Though after her...well...odd nature came out after a while he learned from others and finding someone else to learn from was daunting although he found it much easier after that.

"It wasn't that hard since I personally knew some of them. Kinda easy when you grow up here, though. I've been here all my life really. My dad was a Jedi Knight here and my mom works in the Tavern. So, I couldn't say coming from being on the outside of things." He said putting a hand to his chin.

Mood:
      Curious

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      "I was a nurse back on Corellia, it was more than just a job for me. I did help people, and I hope to continue helping people while training as a Jedi .." So he had been studying for at least twelve years. It seemed like being a Jedi was a bit of a lifetime commitment. Only twenty, but he seemed very wise for a young man barely starting out his life as an adult. It seemed the temple was like a home for Jacob, Nila hoped the same for her own future. She'd been trying to get a feel for the temple since her short arrival, but there was a large part of her that didn't entirely feel comfortable exploring everything alone. There were clear signs that stated where not to enter, but most areas were still quite a mystery for Nila. "Do you have many students? Do you teach students all in the same way or in different ways?" She really was trying hard not to ask too many questions, but she thought being curious might help her learn a few things. Nila really wanted a tour of the facilities, but she wasn't quite certain on how to ask Jacob. The last thing she wanted to do was put the young man on the spot. "Master Jacob, do you know who around here would be willing to give a tour of the facilities? It's my first day, but I'm incredibly anxious to learn as much about the temple as I can .." He'd said to call him by his first name, but on her arrival, Nila had seen many use the word Master, almost like it was a formal thing. She hoped Jacob wouldn't mind, but given how he was a Knight, she felt more comfortable calling him by some kind of title. Maybe once she got to know him better, she might be able to become more informal with him.

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Jacob then heard Nila speak about being a nurse, which was a good thing. The Jedi Order itself could always use medical staff here whether they were Jedi or not. But, of course being a Jedi would allow one for those wanting to be Jedi Healers a taste of how that whole thing operates. Jacob didn't know but the basics of what they do. Though it was something he could bring up to Nila at some point. Plus she wanted to help others which was what the Jedi were about. Helping those who might need it.

"That's actually good that you were a nurse. Also, as you said you like helping people so that's a plus." Jacob said with a smirk looking at the children playing as his hand rested back down to his side.

Jacob looked to the kids again before looking at a chronometer and saw what time it was. Time for the students to head to the cafeteria for lunch. So, his part of the day of taking turn watching the younglings and interacting with them was over. Making a loud whistle he then called the kids back to him as Grace was first in line since she was closer to him from the area they were playing. As they all gathered Jacob counted them and then smiled at them all before telling them they were to head straight to the cafeteria. To which they headed inside as Jacob told them.

When Nila asked him if he had many students after he was done with the younglings he then shook his head no, "No, I don't have any students at this time. I do help out the younglings now I signed up to do that recently. But, personally I'd train to their strengths. Then, find someone to mentor them on the things they aren't the strongest in. I find it is good to learn from many. You may have one Master but doesn't mean you still can't learn from someone else. At least...that's just my philosophy of training."

He then chuckled a bit as she asked who could give a tour of the facilities. Of course he'd be able to now since he was done with the younglings. That being said Jacob then smiled, "I can give you a tour, no worries. I grew up here so I know my way around."

Mood:
      Curious

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!
      Having a good role model was something the children could count on from Jacob, that much Nila could see. He seemed prepared for most questions that Nila threw at him, which shared his outward sense of confidence. though at the particular moment, in her here and now, his replies did not matter as much to her yet as did the fact that it seemed like he could be relied on. They certainly had their love for children in common, but that was not key for Nila.

"Excellent, thank you, would you mind showing me your favorite place in the temple first? I'd love to see it .." If he had a favored place, and it wasn't too private for him.

As the two walked and talked, Nila wondered what kind of Jedi she would personally become. If she would have similar values like Jacob or like another. Whoever she chose, they were going to be a good fit, that much she knew. However, it didn't seem to matter too much to Nila if she had a lot in common with her teacher or not, personally. Though perhaps being in good accord with how they thought did matter, and that would be a personal factor for her, she supposed. Philosophy was important. She could not so easily learn regularly with a master whose core thoughts she couldn't so easily jive with. Still, she wanted to be sure that her mind wasn't being closed off and that she was thinking accurately on such a matter, so she sought to ask the young Knight. "How important would you say is philosophical learning when it comes to being in accord with whoever is teaching you?"